ADVERTISEMENT

No one wants to talk about Hiden letting the Chinese spy on America right now?

It was first seen flying over Canada. There was some BS reporting about this a couple of days ago making it look like two balloons over Canada/US, but it was the same one. Canada did zero about it. Now there is another reported one over central America.
First “seen”? Not by Northen command. They can track hypersonic missiles WAY before they enter our airspace. This was just as big of a clusterfuc@ as the withdrawal from Afghanistan, and we really do not know what has been compromised. And he is trying to lie his way out again, just like everything he does.

I never realized this forum had so many guys with more knowledge and experience about Air Defense than the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Not more knowledge, just honest. They are lying. You are either stupid, or just trolling. Which is it son? I will make a statement and you refute these facts if you can. There are exponentially less population per square mile in Alaska and Montana than where the spy ballon was shit down. I will check back for your response. Then you need to go outside and practice falling down some more, son.

First “seen”? Not by Northen command. They can track hypersonic missiles WAY before they enter our airspace. This was just as big of a clusterfuc@ as the withdrawal from Afghanistan, and we really do not know what has been compromised. And he is trying to lie his way out again, just like everything he does.
Sorry, It was "reported" as being over Canada at about the same time as it was reported being seen over Montana. It was confusing at the time, some reporting said it was a "2nd" balloon when it the same one. The one over central America was a different one. The media mucked it up pretty bad.

• Wow
Reactions: BCSpell
From what I understand, Biden wanted to shoot down the balloon, but was advised against this due a risk of a significant amount of debris.

So, after the balloon was safely away from civilians, they shot it down.

What would you have done differently?
It was over Montana. Have you ever been to Montana or seen a map of that area?

In related news I heard they took the word “gullible” out of the dictionary.

I never realized this forum had so many guys with more knowledge and experience about Air Defense than the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
When do you think the U.S govt. first became aware of this balloon launch from China. I ask this as it is a hugely important factor as to what action(s) the government takes.

It was over Montana. Have you ever been to Montana or seen a map of that area?

In related news I heard they took the word “gullible” out of the dictionary.

So when Trump was in office, we:

1 - Never went to war
2- Avoided nuclear war with NK
3 - Trump negotiated the Abram Accords, ensuring Peace in the Middle East, something US presidents have promised for decades, but never delivered.

Yet the same dems here that are now telling us to 'trust the experts' spent 4 years claiming every military move we made was either because Trump was an idiot, or because the military overruled an idiotic move that Trump wanted to make.

Yet now we have a Chinese spy balloon being allowed to fly across the entire US, we have to find out about it via a farmer in Montana, and we are told by the independent dems here that Hiden was the adult in the room that knew what to do.

We have a severe mental illness problem in this country that we need to address.

Reactions: fatman76
A. Shoot it down once it crossed into our west coast territorial waters (VERY limited risk to humans) or...

B. Informed the public (before the public found out), advised what steps were being taken and why and...

1. shoot it down over sparsely populated areas in Idaho, Montana, ect.

2. not shoot it down and explain to the American public why (shows our capabilities and that we want to watch what it's doing i.e. counter-surveillance).

If this administration had alerted the public and had been competent and confident on what should be done, any of the above would have been acceptable.

What we just witnessed was more of a clown show.
The latest total clown show. There's a reason why many people believe Hiden has early onset dementia.

In theory, we should have been able to stop the transmissions of the satellite. If we wanted to.

If we could stop the transmissions and the Chinese would KNOW we had, then IMO you announce that to the public.

If we could stop the transmissions and the Chinese wouldn't know that, then you don't. But I don't see how we could stop it without them knowing we did.

Your point about perhaps this was China testing our air defense is valid.

Honest question for the dems: How would Trump have handled this?

I think he would have shot down the balloon immediately, and would have likely slapped sanctions on China. He would have likely added that if a commie even farted toward the West, he was going to attack.

Media would have said Trump was recklessly pushing us toward WW3.

But I suspect we wouldn't have seen another commie spy balloon over our country. Another history-making moment for Hiden.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
The latest total clown show. There's a reason why many people believe Hiden has early onset dementia.

In theory, we should have been able to stop the transmissions of the satellite. If we wanted to.

If we could stop the transmissions and the Chinese would KNOW we had, then IMO you announce that to the public.

If we could stop the transmissions and the Chinese wouldn't know that, then you don't. But I don't see how we could stop it without them knowing we did.

I think he would have shot down the balloon immediately, and would have likely slapped sanctions on China. He would have likely added that if a commie even farted toward the West, he was going to attack.

But I suspect we wouldn't have seen another commie spy balloon over our country. Another history-making moment for Hiden.
The Hiden administration is doing damage control this morning. An "unnamed" Pentagon source told the media that 3 balloons entered our airspace during Trump's term.

right-dr-evil.gif

It definitely sounds like we believe that we stopped all transmissions from the spy equipment to satellites or whatever other collection points might have been available. I think we're pretty good at that sort of thing. However, there are ways to covertly "sharp-shoot" data transmissions that are harder to detect and are therefore harder to block.

I used to own a company that built and maintained communications towers and equipment. Before that, I worked for a company in a very similar field.

To my knowledge that would require an "asset" relatively close to the transmission points so it seems less likely though not impossible. It's been a few years since I left that field though so the capabilites have certainly evolved.

It definitely sounds like we believe that we stopped all transmissions from the spy equipment to satellites or whatever other collection points might have been available. I think we're pretty good at that sort of thing. However, there are ways to covertly "sharp-shoot" data transmissions that are harder to detect and are therefore harder to block.

I used to own a company that built and maintained communications towers and equipment. Before that, I worked for a company in a very similar field.

To my knowledge that would require an "asset" relatively close to the transmission points so it seems less likely though not impossible. It's been a few years since I left that field though so the capabilites have certainly evolved.
Is it possible we disabled the satelite long before it got to US airspace? Maybe some sort of electrical burst to fry its ability to transmit data?

Surely we must have such technology. I would think we should have been able to detect it as soon as it was in the air, and disable it shortly thereafter.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Is it possible we disabled the satelite long before it got to US airspace? Maybe some sort of electrical burst to fry its ability to transmit data?

Surely we must have such technology. I would think we should have been able to detect it as soon as it was in the air, and disable it shortly thereafter.

We could have disabled its ability to transmit and, though it's a much more aggressive and potentially escalating move, we could have blocked the satellites ability to receive those transmissions...permanently or temporarily btw. I would assume the Chinese can do the same.

We could have disabled the spy balloon's ability to transmit information the moment we discovered it. Probably not as it was over China but certainly after it entered international airspace and CERTAINLY before it entered our airspace.

I would suspect our ECMs can handle spread spectrum and other attempts to send out data.

The Hiden administration is doing damage control this morning. An "unnamed" Pentagon source told the media that 3 balloons entered our airspace during Trump's term.

right-dr-evil.gif

My understanding is that these balloons were near Guam and Hawaii. I haven't heard that they ever entered our airspace but perhaps they did.

Reactions: NavigatorII
We could have disabled its ability to transmit and, though it's a much more aggressive and potentially escalating move, we could have blocked the satellites ability to receive those transmissions...permanently or temporarily btw. I would assume the Chinese can do the same.

We could have disabled the spy balloon's ability to transmit information the moment we discovered it. Probably not as it was over China but certainly after it entered international airspace and CERTAINLY before it entered our airspace.
Maser weapon? not a typo. There was talk of giving cops just such a weapon to fry the ecms of fleeing cars many years ago.

I would suspect our ECMs can handle spread spectrum and other attempts to send out data.

I believe so. Datalinks are a different story. I know we believe that we have secured datalinks but I don't know if the Chinese have similar capabilities.

I believe so. Datalinks are a different story. I know we believe that we have secured datalinks but I don't know if the Chinese have similar capabilities.
I am not sure how you do that with a structure hanging from a balloon. Would it not require some point of sight?

Yes. I believe I brought this up yesterday. It's called EMP. Electromagnetic pulse, can take out all electronics and even the power grid. There was speculation that the balloons could contain them and this balloon was a dry run to see how we would react.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
Maser weapon? not a typo. There was talk of giving cops just such a weapon to fry the ecms of fleeing cars many years ago.

Yes but not limited to that. Targeted and directional EMP's would be another option.

I suspect that a targeted EMP was used on this spy balloon.

This was just an embarrassment to the United States. I'll bet Taiwan ain't puttin' much stock in Biden's lie of coming to their defense from a Chinese attack when the United States won't even stop a Chinese spy satellite before it takes a tour of the U.S.
Agree. They had it over miles of desolate wilderness but waited for it to be offshore to limit the risk of hurting someone. What a bunch of BS.

Reactions: nail1988
From what I understand, Biden wanted to shoot down the balloon, but was advised against this due a risk of a significant amount of debris.

So, after the balloon was safely away from civilians, they shot it down.

What would you have done differently?
This is not true. They had an opportunity when it was near the Aleutian Islands as well as over Alaska. The balloon was being tracked well before it entered our international waters off the coast of Alaska. The comment I highlighted is a bulls***t CYA from the administration. This balloon could have and should have been eliminated. It crossed the most remote parts of our country as well as our waters. Alaska has 1.3 people per square mile.

There has been one person ever struck by debris falling from the atmosphere and there are over 200 pieces a day that enter our atmosphere. Does the administration do anything to combat the chance of that debris striking someone? You have a 1 million times better chance of getting struck by lightning than getting hit by falling debris.

There has been one person ever struck by debris falling from the atmosphere and there are over 200 pieces a day that enter our atmosphere. Does the administration do anything to combat the chance of that debris striking someone? You have a 1 million times better chance of getting struck by lightning than getting hit by falling debris.

There was a lady that was struck inside her home by frozen doo-doo from an jetliner in England about 30 years ago.

I think her house was damaged while she was only grazed by frozen Mr. Hankey.

So when Trump was in office, we:

1 - Never went to war
2- Avoided nuclear war with NK
3 - Trump negotiated the Abram Accords, ensuring Peace in the Middle East, something US presidents have promised for decades, but never delivered.

Yet the same dems here that are now telling us to 'trust the experts' spent 4 years claiming every military move we made was either because Trump was an idiot, or because the military overruled an idiotic move that Trump wanted to make.

Yet now we have a Chinese spy balloon being allowed to fly across the entire US, we have to find out about it via a farmer in Montana, and we are told by the independent dems here that Hiden was the adult in the room that knew what to do.

We have a severe mental illness problem in this country that we need to address.

This is false.

On multiple occasions, I have credited Trump’s foreign policy decisions. I even said that his foreign policy was more successful than the previous two presidents.

Not more knowledge, just honest. They are lying. You are either stupid, or just trolling. Which is it son? I will make a statement and you refute these facts if you can. There are exponentially less population per square mile in Alaska and Montana than where the spy ballon was shit down. I will check back for your response. Then you need to go outside and practice falling down some more, son.

My point is that none of us really have the knowledge or access to information these guys have.

Maybe they could have shoot it down over Montana. But, if it’s true that we were able to prevent it from transmitting reconnaissance data, why even take a small risk? Off the east coast, the prevailing winds blow East, so shooting it down makes the most sense there. Maybe they wanted it to land in the water to increase the chances that some debris might be intact enough to analyze.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT