ADVERTISEMENT

No elite teams this year.

PlutoDroid

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 16, 2015
Even though there are four undefeated teams, and the top four teams have remained in that position for weeks. This season to me feels a little like 2007. Georgia looks to be the cream, but even they haven't looked like gangbusters. Ohio State, and Michigan have struggled against mediocre B1G teams.

Neither Clemson, or Alabama are dominant.. LSU has a chance to get in with two losses. USC doesn't really look dominant, and like usual the Big 12 is mediocre. TCU isn't scaring anybody, but they are undefeated. Tennessee just got throttled by a South Carolina squad that put up no fight against this rebuilding Gator team.

I think the transfer portal is going to bring more parody to college football. That means coaches have to recruit not only high school guys, but also their own guys . I guess that makes it possible to get back to the top sooner, at least I hope.

Reactions: ih8f$u
Even though there are four undefeated teams, and the top four teams have remained in that position for weeks. This season to me feels a little like 2007. Georgia looks to be the cream, but even they haven't looked like gangbusters. Ohio State, and Michigan have struggled against mediocre B1G teams.

Neither Clemson, or Alabama are dominant.. LSU has a chance to get in with two losses. USC doesn't really look dominant, and like usual the Big 12 is mediocre. TCU isn't scaring anybody, but they are undefeated. Tennessee just got throttled by a South Carolina squad that put up no fight against this rebuilding Gator team.

I think the transfer portal is going to bring more parody to college football. That means coaches have to recruit not only high school guys, but also their own guys . I guess that makes it possible to get back to the top sooner, at least I hope.

Hard to say but it seems to me since the playoff started you have more undefeated and 1 loss teams than the years just before it started when only 2 teams made it.

Hard to say but it seems to me since the playoff started you have more undefeated and 1 loss teams than the years just before it started when only 2 teams made it.
With the playoffs expanding, do you think it will buy coaches more time? What I mean is , will that achievement be a necessary achievement within a couple years at a place like Florida? With it being at just four, it really feels like an achievement. Now guys at Texas, USC, Florida, Penn State, Miami, etc don't have an excuse for not making it. It really has been like the Alabama, Ohio State , Clemson invitational. With those three making it multiple times, and winning at least once. It's gonna be tough to sell Florida fans on not making it once. Meanwhile Washington, Cincy, and Michigan State have all made it in. Teams like Oklahoma, and Notre Dame have made it multiple times without even putting up a fight.

With the playoffs expanding, do you think it will buy coaches more time? What I mean is , will that achievement be a necessary achievement within a couple years at a place like Florida? With it being at just four, it really feels like an achievement. Now guys at Texas, USC, Florida, Penn State, Miami, etc don't have an excuse for not making it. It really has been like the Alabama, Ohio State , Clemson invitational. With those three making it multiple times, and winning at least once. It's gonna be tough to sell Florida fans on not making it once. Meanwhile Washington, Cincy, and Michigan State have all made it in. Teams like Oklahoma, and Notre Dame have made it multiple times without even putting up a fight.

I think it would help some coaches and hurt others depending on the situation. In our case with Mullen it would have left us stuck with him for another season and maybe Mac also. In the SEC its still not going to be easy to get in as many seasons you might need 2 or less losses pre-SECCG and with the new scheduling the East teams wont have much of an advantage with that anymore like they have had usually in the last decade or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlutoDroid
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT