3. NCAA Basketball
4. MLB
5. NCAA Baseball

6. PGA Tour
7. NASCAR
8. Dodgeball
9. NFL

Second on Bosa:

If I was a big NFL fan I would hope my team would not draft a selfish player like Bosa that quits on his team. His brother is already rich. Not like he’s ever going to be middle class no matter what happens.

I’d rather draft a tough guy. I’d rather draft a guy that played hurt and risked millions for his teammates. I’d rather draft a guy that has two torn ACLs.

Kneelers have killed NFL ratings

https://www.lifezette.com/2018/09/n...ive-amid-continuing-national-anthem-protests/

NFL Ratings Take a Huge Dive Amid Continuing National Anthem Protests
Football fans are giving the cold shoulder to the controversial sports league
By Tom Joyce | Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The NFL still faces the number-one issue that has led to these ratings declines, according to a JD Power poll and a Seton Hall Sports Poll from 2017: the protests against the national anthem.

This may also explain why fans do not seem to be attending as many games in person, either.

Many photos of NFL stadiums with loads of empty seats popped up online this week.

Read and learn concerning NFL ratings.

As for games not selling out, that's a national trend across all sports and has been for years, so, no.

https://deadspin.com/for-the-last-time-nfl-ratings-are-not-down-theyre-up-1827378925

Here's a hypothetical: Let's say the #1 DB in the country is from Hoover. He's down to Alabama and aubarn.

He tells both schools that he will sit his junior year. Saban says he's not interested, Gus says that's no problem, come on down.

The kid signs with aubarn. He gets coached for 2 years by Kevin Steele instead of Nick Saban.

IOW, his skills aren't as developed at aubarn as they would have been at Alabama. He sits his junior year, and ends up going in the 2nd round.

If he had gone to Alabama and gotten proper coaching and development, AND if he had played his junior year, he is a Top 10 pick.

If he had played his first 2 years and then gotten hurt as a junior, that probably drops his stock from.....Top 10 to 2nd round.

You're approaching this as if there is no downside for the player, and I think there is.

This would make sense if NFL guys cared about anything other than measurables.

Frankly, the scenario of a guy being picked later because he wasn't coached by Saban is laughable.

This would make sense if NFL guys cared about anything other than measurables.

Frankly, the scenario of a guy being picked later because he wasn't coached by Saban is laughable.

He's being picked later because he went to a 2nd tier school and got 2nd tier player development.

This isn't that hard.

He's being picked later because he went to a 2nd tier school and got 2nd tier player development.

This isn't that hard.

I would agree if you weren't completely wrong.

Height, weight, 40 time, vertical, these are the things that matter in the NFL.

College coaching staff? Not in the slightest.

Read and learn concerning NFL ratings.

As for games not selling out, that's a national trend across all sports and has been for years, so, no.

https://deadspin.com/for-the-last-time-nfl-ratings-are-not-down-theyre-up-1827378925

LMAO! Now THAT is some prime spin-job. The lefty admits the NFL's ratings are down, then spins that they are actually UP, because everyone else is down.........so that somehow means they are....up?? LMAO!

IOW, anything to keep from admitting that Trump was right. LOL

I would agree if you weren't completely wrong.

Height, weight, 40 time, vertical, these are the things that matter in the NFL.

College coaching staff? Not in the slightest.

Again, read careful.....I wasn't making the argument that NFL teams pick kids just because Saban coached them.

And BTW, I could absolutely make that argument, because Saban coaching kids absolutely matters to many NFL teams. Saban is a former NFL coach and his players are known to be more NFL-ready than anyone. So if a kid is coached by Saban, it does indeed matter.

But again, that wasn't my argument, not this time. My argument was that when a kid gets better development, he gets drafted higher and makes more money.

Wasn't aware that some people here didn't know that, but you learn something new every day.

BTW go look at previous combines. If your 'all that counts is measureables' theory is legit, then the fastest guy in the draft should go #1 each time, or at least Top 5.

How often does that happen? How often does the tallest guy go high just cause he's tall? How often does the fattest go first just cause he's the most obese?

Last edited:
Again, read careful.....I wasn't making the argument that NFL teams pick kids just because Saban coached them.

And BTW, I could absolutely make that argument, because Saban coaching kids absolutely matters to many NFL teams. Saban is a former NFL coach and his players are known to be more NFL-ready than anyone. So if a kid is coached by Saban, it does indeed matter.

But again, that wasn't my argument, not this time. My argument was that when a kid gets better development, he gets drafted higher and makes more money.

Wasn't aware that some people here didn't know that, but you learn something new every day.

BTW go look at previous combines. If your 'all that counts is measureables' theory is legit, then the fastest guy in the draft should go #1 each time, or at least Top 5.

How often does that happen? How often does the tallest guy go high just cause he's tall? How often does the fattest go first just cause he's the most obese?

Other than QB, where being in a system does mean something, NFL guys consider rookies as clay to be molded.

But you are right in that it isn't simply height and weight. They also look for instinct. Which can't be taught. Vision (for RB's). Which can't be taught. High motor. Which can't be taught. Intelligence is also a factor, which also can't be taught.

Do you see a trend?

I hate burst your bubble, but nobody drafts Bama boys because they went to Bama. They draft them for the same reasons Bama recruited them, because they are bigger strong faster.

Development is at most an afterthought. Possibly, a tiebreaker.

And honestly, it's hubris to believe Bama is that much better at player development. How hard is it to take the best High School DT in in the county and have him be one of the best college DT's in the country? Not very. I'd put a school like Boise State much higher on the scale to develop players than Bama.

And calling Auburn a Tier 2 school? That's just proof you don't know what you are talking about.

Other than QB, where being in a system does mean something, NFL guys consider rookies as clay to be molded.

But you are right in that it isn't simply height and weight. They also look for instinct. Which can't be taught. Vision (for RB's). Which can't be taught. High motor. Which can't be taught. Intelligence is also a factor, which also can't be taught.

Do you see a trend?

I hate burst your bubble, but nobody drafts Bama boys because they went to Bama. They draft them for the same reasons Bama recruited them, because they are bigger strong faster.

Development is at most an afterthought. Possibly, a tiebreaker.

And honestly, it's hubris to believe Bama is that much better at player development. How hard is it to take the best High School DT in in the county and have him be one of the best college DT's in the country? Not very. I'd put a school like Boise State much higher on the scale to develop players than Bama.

And calling Auburn a Tier 2 school? That's just proof you don't know what you are talking about.

Haha this is all about you can't stand it that the NFL loves Saban and the players he produces. Sorry bro, that's just reality. He's a former NFL coach, he runs NFL-friendly systems, and he runs similar schemes to what the NFL runs.

Every year incoming NFL rookies from Alabama say the same thing: Bama practices were harder than those in the NFL. Google it.

Bama does the best job of developing players because he practices players hard and as soon as they show they 'get it' in practice, he plays them in the game. Even if they are true freshmen. Every single year, there will be a couple of games where the defense needs to make a stop to win a big game, usually either the LSU game or a playoff game. It will happen again this year, and when it does, note who goes in the game. There will ALWAYS be true freshmen rotating in on defense. Players who have NEVER been in that situation before in a big college game. Yet Saban puts them in anyway, and that experience is invaluable. Scares me to death every time he does it, he'll take out a 5-star junior who's going to be in the NFL in 4 months, and rotate in a 5-star true freshman to replace him. But 9 times out of 10, it works. That's why Bama can simply plug in new players every year, because he develops them as soon as they get on campus.

LMAO! Now THAT is some prime spin-job. The lefty admits the NFL's ratings are down, then spins that they are actually UP, because everyone else is down.........so that somehow means they are....up?? LMAO!

IOW, anything to keep from admitting that Trump was right. LOL

Here are a couple of links for you.

The first is a discussion of the NFL ratings being dramatically down in 2016. Particularly in the first 9 weeks.

The second is Donald Trump calling for a boycott of the NFL in September of 2017.

Do you, um, notice anything about that? The dates, I mean?

Here's the reality. Ratings were down long before anyone said a thing about Kaepernick. Read the story about the ratings drop. Not a word about Kaepernick. Trump was told, by a staff person probably, that ratings were down, he claimed it was due to Kaepernick. But it wasn't. They were already dropping.

Were ratings affected by the boycott? Of course. If even one (Nielsen household) person boycotted, the ratings would be a tiny bit less. Were they materially affected? Doesn't seem like it.

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/04/nfl-tv-ratings-crashed-2016/

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/24/16356888/president-donald-trump-boycott-the-nfl

Haha this is all about you can't stand it that the NFL loves Saban and the players he produces. Sorry bro, that's just reality. He's a former NFL coach, he runs NFL-friendly systems, and he runs similar schemes to what the NFL runs.

Every year incoming NFL rookies from Alabama say the same thing: Bama practices were harder than those in the NFL. Google it.

Bama does the best job of developing players because he practices players hard and as soon as they show they 'get it' in practice, he plays them in the game. Even if they are true freshmen. Every single year, there will be a couple of games where the defense needs to make a stop to win a big game, usually either the LSU game or a playoff game. It will happen again this year, and when it does, note who goes in the game. There will ALWAYS be true freshmen rotating in on defense. Players who have NEVER been in that situation before in a big college game. Yet Saban puts them in anyway, and that experience is invaluable. Scares me to death every time he does it, he'll take out a 5-star junior who's going to be in the NFL in 4 months, and rotate in a 5-star true freshman to replace him. But 9 times out of 10, it works. That's why Bama can simply plug in new players every year, because he develops them as soon as they get on campus.

You are deluded.

The NFL doesn't give a fig where a player went. That's just reality. I'm sorry if that upsets you, but no matter how you feel, it's still reality.

Here are a couple of links for you.

The first is a discussion of the NFL ratings being dramatically down in 2016. Particularly in the first 9 weeks.

The second is Donald Trump calling for a boycott of the NFL in September of 2017.

Do you, um, notice anything about that? The dates, I mean?

Here's the reality. Ratings were down long before anyone said a thing about Kaepernick. Read the story about the ratings drop. Not a word about Kaepernick. Trump was told, by a staff person probably, that ratings were down, he claimed it was due to Kaepernick. But it wasn't. They were already dropping.

Were ratings affected by the boycott? Of course. If even one (Nielsen household) person boycotted, the ratings would be a tiny bit less. Were they materially affected? Doesn't seem like it.

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/04/nfl-tv-ratings-crashed-2016/

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/24/16356888/president-donald-trump-boycott-the-nfl

So......are the ratings up or down? Or are they still down, but not down as much as they were, so we're calling them......up? Or did the ratings not fall as fast as they did for CNN......so we're saying they are up?

LMAO! Sounds like the ratings are still in the toilet. Good.

Reactions: nail1988
You are deluded.

The NFL doesn't give a fig where a player went. That's just reality. I'm sorry if that upsets you, but no matter how you feel, it's still reality.

You're right, they don't care where a player went.

They care that they are coached and developed by Nick Saban. All day, baby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT