ADVERTISEMENT

Next Saturday - UGA

Gonna be another dog fight. Ready to see it. It will be interesting, probably determines the east....you hate us and I hate you (more or less) jk....kind of. I think it will be a contested game. #gators

I will be shocked if the winner isn't the East champ, particularly with the way Mizzou is imploding.

Still, I like our chances better. If we beat Georgia, we only have Vandy and Mizzou left and would need to lose both of them. But Georgia still has Mizzou, Aubie and TAMU left. They could legitimately lose both of those West games and finish with three losses.

Not sure what to think of this game right now but I do think Trask gives us a fighting chance for a win while I doubt Franks would have since the running game is so pedestrian.

We have advantages at receiver and with pass rushing with the DEs but Georgia is probably equal or better at most other groups.

Is their a direct correlation between the size of the UGly $$ bag, and the level of bias that the SEC refs will show them? Asking for a friend... o_O

Last edited:
Not sure what to think of this game right now but I do think Trask gives us a fighting chance for a win while I doubt Franks would have since the running game is so pedestrian.

We have advantages at receiver and with pass rushing with the DEs but Georgia is probably equal or better at most other groups.
I think we are the underdog. We can win but need to play a good game. UGA is very talented but if anyone thinks they are coming to win, you're on crack. I think we get ours on offense and win if we don't turn it over. Defense has to bring it again but I like our chances.

If we beat Uga, we won't move up in polls until someone besides Bama/LSU lose. Bama/LSU loser will still be ahead of us.

Gonna be another dog fight. Ready to see it. It will be interesting, probably determines the east....you hate us and I hate you (more or less) jk....kind of. I think it will be a contested game. #gators
Should be a great game! Can't wait!

Wow! Making excuses six days before the big loss?

1) Remove your head from arse.
2) Re-evaluate the SEC Refs in relation to UF games.
3) Then try again...

The SEC Standard is this IMOHO:

UA will be in the Top 3-5 least penalized teams in the SEC,
(every year for at least the last 30 years).

UF will be in the Top 3-5 most penalized teams in the SEC,
(every year for at least the last 30 years)

And I've watched enough SEC/UF football to know the difference between observations and excuses, which your obviously haven't.... o_O

PS

I don't hope for a win or a loss,,, I instead hope for a fairly called game.
Correctly called it a pipe dream, I just hope that they screw up the calls evenly... :oops:

Lol, weren't you the one who pretty much said our season was over when Frank's went down? That we should start Emory and build for next season ?

Reactions: instaGATOR
The big difference to me right now is Dan Mullen saying "unlike last year, we are going into Jax this year with the ability to compete and win." At this point last year, our destiny was still in our own hands going into Jax. I felt we played very well and we definitely outcoached 4th and dumb in that game, but Dan Mullen knows more than any of us armchair QBs ever will and apparently his opinion was they didn't really stand much chance last year, but this year we definitely are in it to win.

That gives me all the confidence in the world right there. That and if we ACTUALLY get Zuniga, Greenard, and Toney back and they PLAY in the game.

The defense needs to be healthy and aggressive. The offense needs to play a clean game - limit the penalties and turnovers to a minimum. Do those things and we win. Georgia still has more talent than us, but we have the coaching advantage.

The defense needs to be healthy and aggressive. The offense needs to play a clean game - limit the penalties and turnovers to a minimum. Do those things and we win. Georgia still has more talent than us, but we have the coaching advantage.

Isnt that the recipe for UGA to?

Lol, weren't you the one who pretty much said our season was over when Frank's went down? That we should start Emory and build for next season ?
Coaches and players are doing a tremendous job. We can win now...with our awesome WR and TE core we can score...in the rain too. A lot of credit to this program.

Isnt that the recipe for UGA to?
I'm not aware of injuries to key Georgia defensive players. But as far as offense goes, Georgia has to play better than they have been to beat Florida. Their RB's worry me, as our defense has given up a lot of rushing yardage of late. And Fromm has been very inaccurate compared to his last 2 seasons.

The big difference to me right now is Dan Mullen saying "unlike last year, we are going into Jax this year with the ability to compete and win." At this point last year, our destiny was still in our own hands going into Jax. I felt we played very well and we definitely outcoached 4th and dumb in that game, but Dan Mullen knows more than any of us armchair QBs ever will and apparently his opinion was they didn't really stand much chance last year, but this year we definitely are in it to win.

That gives me all the confidence in the world right there. That and if we ACTUALLY get Zuniga, Greenard, and Toney back and they PLAY in the game.
Totally agree. Dan is so smart that Kirby may just keep the team in Athens. We don't stand a chance with his incredible ability to outcoach Kirby and anyone else!

Totally agree. Dan is so smart that Kirby may just keep the team in Athens. We don't stand a chance with his incredible ability to outcoach Kirby and anyone else!
You're the only one saying this but you very well may get out coached. We might lose too.

I think you are mixing me up some or I was joking around though I admit Trask is really surprising me as I wanted Jones to get the experience as I was never on the Franks train even at the end of last season. We improved mostly by running more % wise late last season. It's crazy how all these passes are being completed beyond the line of scrimmage now.

Trask will be a great story if we beat Georgia.

Last edited:
Trask is a great story regardless of the uga outcome. He solidified his legend in Baton Rouge as far as I’m concerned.

Did you not see the game? He was brilliant. At night. In BR. Against a team that had us outgunned at every position. He threw for more yards than Burrow and had 3 tds.

Yeah considering his backstory, unless he does something to embarrass himself or the team he’s a legend.

Like Noah Brindise in 1997. None of us will ever forget his name because of one game from a career clipboard holder

Every Gator fan on this biard talks about how dumb Kirby is and what a great coach Mullen is...

!st year Dan with a 4-7 team undergoing a huge culture change. o_O

UF/Dan as huge mid-season underdogs had 3rd Year UGly/4th&Dumb on the ropes until the 4th quarter before finally losing the game.

But by the end of last season:

#10 UF/Dan 41 - 15 #7 Mich/Hardblow (-26)

#5 UGly/4th&Dumb 21 - 28 #15 TX (+7)

#6 UF/Dan
---
#8 UGly 4th&Dumb

======

For 2019, Dan's 2nd vs Dumbs 4th....

UF/Dan 38 - 27
@ SCa Muschump in winds and pouring rain.

@ UGly/4th&Dumb 17 - 20 SCa/MuscleCramp on a clear day in 2 O-T's.

So I can't imagine why Gator fans even bother to hope that we might get the win
. :rolleyes:

!st year Dan with a 4-7 team undergoing a huge culture change. o_O

UF/Dan as huge mid-season underdogs had 3rd Year UGly/4th&Dumb on the ropes until the 4th quarter before finally losing the game.

But by the end of last season:

#10 UF/Dan 41 - 15 #7 Mich/Hardblow (-26)

#5 UGly/4th&Dumb 21 - 28 #15 TX (+7)

#6 UF/Dan
---
#8 UGly 4th&Dumb

======

For 2019, Dan's 2nd vs Dumbs 4th....

UF/Dan 38 - 27
@ SCa Muschump in winds and pouring rain.

@ UGly/4th&Dumb 17 - 20 SCa/MuscleCramp on a clear day in 2 O-T's.

So I can't imagine why Gator fans even bother to hope that we might get the win
. :rolleyes:
Is this the same Mullen that has never even won a division title? Ha ha!

Did you not see the game? He was brilliant. At night. In BR. Against a team that had us outgunned at every position. He threw for more yards than Burrow and had 3 tds.

Yeah considering his backstory, unless he does something to embarrass himself or the team he’s a legend.
I wish i could remember this game. But it was my birthday and I was stupid drunk on my own home brew.

Every Gator fan on this biard talks about how dumb Kirby is and what a great coach Mullen is...

And? You act like this is a thought only UF fans have. Your fans have spent the last two home games booing your team off the field. Wonder why that is? And former UGA players and analysts all over the country were calling out his terrible in-game decisions after the loss to South Carolina.

You seem to be struggling with the idea that Kirby being a shit in-game coach and beating Mullen who is better in game aren’t two mutually exclusive things. There are plenty of factors that go into winning a game. And Kirby could beat Mullen for the next 10 years straight and nobody is gonna consider him a good in-game coach no matter how much you cry about it. It would just mean Mullen is every bit as bad as he is if he can’t beat him over time.

And? You act like this is a thought only UF fans have. Your fans have spent the last two home games booing your team off the field. Wonder why that is? And former UGA players and analysts all over the country were calling out his terrible in-game decisions after the loss to South Carolina.

You seem to be struggling with the idea that Kirby being a shit in-game coach and beating Mullen who is better in game aren’t two mutually exclusive things. There are plenty of factors that go into winning a game. And Kirby could beat Mullen for the next 10 years straight and nobody is gonna consider him a good in-game coach no matter how much you cry about it. It would just mean Mullen is every bit as bad as he is if he can’t beat him over time.
Recruiting, in-game coaching, player development, etc is all fine but the botton line is that you either win a championship or you don't. Kirby will have to win one to satisfy our fan base. He has already come MUCH closer than Richt but hasn't won one. The good news is that Kirby can improve in-game coaching. Mullen has been doing this for 10 years...it's not likely his recruiting will get any better

Trask is a great story regardless of the uga outcome. He solidified his legend in Baton Rouge as far as I’m concerned.

You have to be part of a really big win to be a "great" story I would say but even if we just finished 9-3 he will definitely have a place in history here not starting in high school and all that stuff and the KY comeback.

Except, it already has. His first two classes had more 4-star commits than he signed in 10 years at Mississippi State. It’s almost like the school you’re at matters in recruiting.

And hate to break it to you but football ain’t that complicated. Kirby was a defensive coordinator under Saban for 10 years and has been a head coach for 4 years already. If he’s still making dumb in-game decisions it probably isn’t changing any time soon. You’d just better hope he keeps signing top classes to keep him afloat more times than not.

Except, it already has. His first two classes had more 4-star commits than he signed in 10 years at Mississippi State. It’s almost like the school you’re at matters in recruiting.

And hate to break it to you but football ain’t that complicated. Kirby was a defensive coordinator under Saban for 10 years and has been a head coach for 4 years already. If he’s still making dumb in-game decisions it probably isn’t changing any time soon. You’d just better hope he keeps signing top classes to keep him afloat more times than not.
It isn’t that hard to figure out. Now you know why UGA spends so much money on their recruiting. They have to make up for Kirby’s coaching/development inadequacies. They have to because they have a coach that underachieves with the talent he has.

He hired Coley to be his OC. That tells me Smart isn’t all that bright. Now we will see how dumb he really is whether or not he keeps Coley or does he cut him loose

You have to be part of a really big win to be a "great" story I would say but even if we just finished 9-3 he will definitely have a place in history here not starting in high school and all that stuff and the KY comeback.

I think the auburn game qualifies as big, but I hear what you’re saying. He’s still got another year at UF so who knows. But for a guy that was a HS backup, and then suffered 2 injuries in his first couple of years in college, it’s an awesome story regardless.

100%, this guy is reaching. I think Kirby is a great recruiter, hteat defensive mind but overall in game coach he makes some bonehead moves. Easy for a casual fan to see but harder to pull off. Should be a good one Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT