ADVERTISEMENT

Newsmax Host Rips Into 'Career Politician' Ron DeSantis Over Potential 2024 Run Against Trump

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2021
A trumpanzee house divided...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/newsmax-host-rips-career-politician-153437007.html
Newsmax Host Rips Into 'Career Politician' Ron DeSantis Over Potential 2024 Run Against Trump
Zachary Petrizzo
Sat, July 2, 2022 at 11:34 AM·3 min read

6lvcbt.jpg

Newsmax’s top-rated host Greg Kelly warned Republican Governor Ron DeSantis on Friday night: Don’t take on Donald Trump for president come 2024.

The declaration from the primetime star comes more than two years ahead of a 2024 general election and months ahead of the 2022 midterms, as behind the scenes, Republican Party lieutenants mull potential 2024 GOP presidential contenders.

“Governor Ron DeSantis. He is amazing, so talented, so smart, unlimited political future. I want him to be president someday,” Kelly began his Friday evening show as a graphic appeared on screen stating, ‘Not Yet, Ron.’ “I think that’s almost guaranteed to happen, but I’d rather not see him run in 2024"

The message from Kelly comes while Trumpworld remains unsure of precisely when a Trump 2024 campaign announcement might come. The New York Times reported Friday that Trump could announce his candidacy “unusually early,” and the news may come not at a rally but on social media.

After airing a highlight reel of the Florida governor taking aim at reporters, Kelly heaped on the praise before cutting to the chase.

“Let’s face it, though, he’s borrowing heavily from Donald Trump style and agenda and policies, and that’s fine,” he said. “That’s totally fine, but I’m hearing from more and more Republicans. ‘Well, you know, Donald Trump has all that baggage, and it’s time for a fresh face.’ Don’t fall for that argument!”

Kelly then dug in, arguing that, unlike Trump, DeSantis could be considered a “career politician.”

“Let’s see, he’s forty-three now, on Election Day in November of 2024, he would be forty-five years old. Now, here’s the thing. That makes him, what, three decades younger then-President Trump. I'm not saying that’s a good thing, I’m saying he’s got plenty of time ahead of him to make his move, but not now, and there are some things he needs to clean up,” the primetime Newsmax host said. “Just a little bit.”

The Newsmax host added that in 2018, he believed DeSantis should have easily defeated then-Democratic candidate, Andrew Gillum. Yet, instead, he said DeSantis was “nervous” and “fidgety” during a debate.

“I think he [DeSantis] needs work on that,” he added.

Further, Kelly chalked up DeSantis as a wannabe Trump clone.

“Obviously, he [DeSantis] has studied President Trump very, very carefully. You can kind of see it in this picture in Mar-a-Lago. I mean, they’re very similar, and I think DeSantis inhaled so much from Donald Trump,” Kelly said. “The agenda, the style, it is all Trump’s.”

“He [Trump] changed everything, changed everything, and I think he can change it again,” the host concluded. “Here’s an idea, although constitutionally it may be complicated, Trump [and] DeSantis, on the same ticket?”

Elsewhere in Trumpworld, longtime Trump advisor Kellyanne Conway has found her way back into the former president’s heart, despite the former president criticizing her publicly a month ago, as talks about 2024 increase.

“I have a very good relationship with Kellyanne,” Trump told The Daily Beast Friday evening.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
I LOVE Desantis, however there is only ONE Donald Trump...and America NEEDS HIM. We do not need an establishment candidate in any way, shape or form. I am not saying Desantis IS establishment, and I hope he is not....but I KNOW Trump is not. I will take the loud mouthed MAGA guy over any smooth talking establishment guy any day.

Yeah the guy who got a prep school & Ivy league education, has lived on the dime his daddy created, and has been tied into Wall St & politics from day 1...

He's not establishment LMAO

Reactions: BSC911
I LOVE Desantis, however there is only ONE Donald Trump...and America NEEDS HIM. We do not need an establishment candidate in any way, shape or form. I am not saying Desantis IS establishment, and I hope he is not....but I KNOW Trump is not. I will take the loud mouthed MAGA guy over any smooth talking establishment guy any day.

I like DeSantis but if he ran against Trump after what Trump did for him there is some establishment behind the scenes. A few people have said some donations to him look a little sketchy.

Reactions: jfegaly
I like DeSantis but if he ran against Trump after what Trump did for him there is some establishment behind the scenes. A few people have said some donations to him look a little sketchy.
Don’t tell the board moderates that. Just “move on”

@goldmom
@grandhavendiddy
@BamaFan1137

Would hate for them to potentially make a connection between what you just stated, and a media narrative of “time to move on”

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Fever
Don’t tell the board moderates that. Just “move on”

@goldmom
@grandhavendiddy
@BamaFan1137

Would hate for them to potentially make a connection between what you just stated, and a media narrative of “time to move on”

I didn't ask you to move on. I didn't ask anyone to in fact.

I'm sorry if you are offended by me have an opinion that you don't share. But I guess I can live with it.

I didn't ask you to move on. I didn't ask anyone to in fact.

I'm sorry if you are offended by me have an opinion that you don't share. But I guess I can live with it.
Not offended at all. It’s a message board, it shouldn’t upset anyone.

was tagging those that had moved on.

Last edited:
Reactions: grandhavendiddy
Trump & Ron are 100% on the same page…
And that is where the problem arises. Trump should be, and might still be in jail within the next 18 months Desantis is a Trump clown, I mean clone. If you have no use for Trump then Desantis should not be part of your agenda. Trump is getting old and if you believed Biden is and was too old then Trump should not be in your plans. Finally, there is very little positive you can say about Trump. I cannot believe that any American would want to have anything to do with him. Then that's just me and millions of other Americans who are able to think for themselves. LET'S GET A WHOLE NEW SLATE FOR PRESIDENT AND V.P. FOR 2084 both parties. Start this crap all over again.

And that is where the problem arises. Trump should be, and might still be in jail within the next 18 months Desantis is a Trump clown, I mean clone. If you have no use for Trump then Desantis should not be part of your agenda. Trump is getting old and if you believed Biden is and was too old then Trump should not be in your plans. Finally, there is very little positive you can say about Trump. I cannot believe that any American would want to have anything to do with him. Then that's just me and millions of other Americans who are able to think for themselves. LET'S GET A WHOLE NEW SLATE FOR PRESIDENT AND V.P. FOR 2084 both parties. Start this crap all over again.
Serious question, did you play contact sports...or have a job where you took VERY hard blows to your head?

Come on Jimbo, Trump had this Country running like a well oiled machine. In less than two years later we are in the worse shape we have ever been. Trump is as sharp as any 40 year old, while Biden should be in a nursing home. If anyone should be in jail its all the Biden men…. PERIOD!

Come on Jimbo, Trump had this Country running like a well oiled machine. In less than two years later we are in the worse shape we have ever been. Trump is as sharp as any 40 year old, while Biden should be in a nursing home. If anyone should be in jail its all the Biden men…. PERIOD!
sky, I throw out how I feel and what I believe, Trump will not win in 2024 IF, and it's a big IF the dems. are smart enough to come up with a tough candidate. I don't pretend to know who that could be, but it sure as hell ain't Biden. I am hoping that Trump will be inditced, before the next election, but am not holding my breath. I have lived a decent life and I don't believe I should have to be punished with 8 more years of Trump in any kind of office. Hey, JMO

sky, I throw out how I feel and what I believe, Trump will not win in 2024 IF, and it's a big IF the dems. are smart enough to come up with a tough candidate. I don't pretend to know who that could be, but it sure as hell ain't Biden. I am hoping that Trump will be inditced, before the next election, but am not holding my breath. I have lived a decent life and I don't believe I should have to be punished with 8 more years of Trump in any kind of office. Hey, JMO

Lol If they indicted him with some nonsense it will just turn Indies to Trump even more. They have seen all of these fake scandals while the media ignores Joe and Hunter's crooked mess.

Reactions: gatordad3
This country should not be led by an 80 year old man from either party.
If you love America you want the leadership of a younger President with the energy and experience of getting things done.
I’m not trashing the previous guy, I’m just saying I hope it’s RDS.

This country should not be led by an 80 year old man from either party.
If you love America you want the leadership of a younger President with the energy and experience of getting things done.
I’m not trashing the previous guy, I’m just saying I hope it’s RDS.

I think it should be Trump but if he starts having any age related mental issues he needs to step down and have a good VP take over. He looks good to go right now.

It just sucks DeSantis being in FL makes it highly unlikely he can be that VP with the Constitution. Even if the electors did just vote for Trump as President in a close race that would leave the VP selection to the Senate which you couldn't risk.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
I think it should be Trump but if he starts having any age related mental issues he needs to step down and have a good VP take over. He looks good to go right now.

It just sucks DeSantis being in FL makes it highly unlikely he can be that VP with the Constitution. Even if the electors did just vote for Trump as President in a close race that would leave the VP selection to the Senate which you couldn't risk.
Too many RINOs in the Senate, and besides Florida desperately needs DeSantis another full term. Just look at the shit show that plans to run against him. Fried, Crist, and Demmings. :mad:

Reactions: Gator Fever
Too many RINOs in the Senate, and besides Florida desperately needs DeSantis another full term. Just look at the shit show that plans to run against him. Fried, Crist, and Demmings. :mad:

Yep there would be enough RINOs there to guarantee a joke VP and then they would try and impeach Trump on made up crap again.

So you don’t want the best president of our lifetimes back to fix the absolute disaster that’s happening now?

Indicted for what crime?

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
Yea just found this place recently. There some serious low iq individuals posting 😂
I don't post much on here at all. it's useless to argue with the likes of most on this site. I'm gone for a few more weeks. or months. By the way , nothing low about my iq, I just talk down to the ones I am answering.

inciting a insurrection would be a good start, trying to affect the election count. B.S. about elections being stolen. I don't know, I am not a lawyer, just an old man who is tired of the name Trump.
And yet not one person has been charged with the crime of insurrection.

This is why you don’t move on. @goldmom and @BamaFan1137 You see it doesn’t matter who you nominate. They crazy.

Reactions: NavigatorII
inciting a insurrection would be a good start, trying to affect the election count. B.S. about elections being stolen. I don't know, I am not a lawyer, just an old man who is tired of the name Trump.
Oh, trust me. The old man comes thru in every post

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I don't post much on here at all. it's useless to argue with the likes of most on this site. I'm gone for a few more weeks. or months. By the way , nothing low about my iq, I just talk down to the ones I am answering.
Sure thing jimbo. Your posts read like Biden reading the teleprompter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT