ADVERTISEMENT

Nay'Quan Wright

BayouGator1995

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2015
This article here makes me pull more and more for Nay'Quan Wright. This kid showed his true game in the Alabama tilt last year. Dan Mullen didn't know how to use his talents effectively enough. I believe Billy-Boy Nappy will capitalize on this kid's abilities and I predict Wright and the Gators will do better than most believe. He survived a drive-by shooting in his youth despite the bullet going to his chest. That's God's work. He can be a 1,200 yard rusher in most teams offenses. Glad to have him and Lorenzo Lingard back there. Can't wait to see him show up and show out this year.

This article here makes me pull more and more for Nay'Quan Wright. This kid showed his true game in the Alabama tilt last year. Dan Mullen didn't know how to use his talents effectively enough. I believe Billy-Boy Nappy will capitalize on this kid's abilities and I predict Wright and the Gators will do better than most believe. He survived a drive-by shooting in his youth despite the bullet going to his chest. That's God's work. He can be a 1,200 yard rusher in most teams offenses. Glad to have him and Lorenzo Lingard back there. Can't wait to see him show up and show out this year.

I think he may beat out Johnson for the starting position despite his injury limiting him in spring. I hear Pierce looks to be locking down a starting spot in the NFL if practice is any indication. Mullen was hard headed when it came to many things.

I think he may beat out Johnson for the starting position despite his injury limiting him in spring. I hear Pierce looks to be locking down a starting spot in the NFL if practice is any indication. Mullen was hard headed when it came to many things.
Bingo! Mullen was an arrogant prick who thought it all came automatically. And he found out the embarassingly hard way.

One guy wants Nay to get the vast majority of carries.
The other guy wanted Pierce to get all of the carries last year.
But somehow they seem to miss the fact that both ways can't happen at the same time.

Dan's 2021 running game was by committee: Pierce/Davis/Wright

Nappy's 2022 running game is to be by committee: Wright/Lingard/Johnson/Etienne.

The % split on their individual carries changes and shifts from game to game across a season.
Depending on how it's going, one guy gets the most one week, and then it shifts.

I'm always good with a committee over running one guys legs off in a season, so I was okay with how Dan did it, and how Nappy says that he will be doing it....

>>> Just be sure to look at both guys 2021 team rushing stats before you step on your tongues....
😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT