ADVERTISEMENT

Napier Names Jalen Kitna Gators QB2-NT Desmond Watson Ready for Challenging First Start at Tennessee

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL

Kitna will battle for backup job​

With Napier bringing in Jack Miller III via the transfer portal after signing three-star Max Brown in the Class of 2022, many expected at least one of the freshman quarterbacks, Carlos Del Rio-Wilson or Jalen Kitna to depart.

One did, but the other decided to stick it out.

Jalen Kitna ultimately remained with the program amid a coaching change and despite many predictions and expectations to transfer. According to Jon Kitna, a former NFL quarterback with over a decade of playing experience, transferring never crossed his son’s mind.

“He just didn’t feel like there was any reason to leave except for because the world thinks the transfer portal is a new toy to play with,” his father, Jon said. “That’s just not the way we operate in our house. That never came up for us. Again, not really concerned with all that’s happening around us and what’s happening around him, and what’s happening around the program. He feels like the Lord has a plan for his life there. It’s bigger than just football.”

This mentality and will to stay at a school that had constant change and slim opportunities for early playing time come from Jalen’s faith and relationship with God, according to his father.

Many people tried to explain Arch Manning's QB skills as a product of his genes; I never bought into that. Physical skills can be & often are a product of our DNA, but don't see the mental aspects of playing QB being Hereditable.

BUT, if I'm wrong, then Jalen Kitna has the same thing going for him ! If nothing else, he has the stick-to-it-ness of Kyle Trask.

QB room at UF small enough there is NO EXCUSE for Napier, or whoever coaches QBs, not spending time with Kitna & Brown to get them to where they need to be to compete on a level playing field.

NOTE - according to Jon Kitna, Napier and offensive analyst Ryan O’Hara have spent some time with Jalen.

Specifically, Kitna said his son has made minor changes in his throwing motion and grip that increased the revolutions per minute in his throws.

All I (Jon) do is talk about the reps he does get. ‘How’d they go? How do you feel about them? How can we get better?’ He’s (Jalen) gotten better this offseason.”

Again, in case I'm wrong, they can work with Mr. 13-for-23 for 121 yards & an end zone interception too !

Hoping it works out !

Read More Below

https://insidethegators.com/redshirt-report-kitna-will-battle-for-backup-job/

Last edited:
“He just didn’t feel like there was any reason to leave except for because the world thinks the transfer portal is a new toy to play with,” his father, Jon said. “That’s just not the way we operate in our house. That never came up for us. Again, not really concerned with all that’s happening around us and what’s happening around him, and what’s happening around the program. He feels like the Lord has a plan for his life there. It’s bigger than just football.”

“I’m a dependable person. I’m a great teammate. I’m going to know the offense. I’m going to know what I’m supposed to do. I’m going to be on time for meetings. I’m going to make all my workouts. I’m going to give you my best effort every single day. I’m going to be coachable. You can coach me hard. I’m not going to shy away from it. I’m going to compete for everything. I don’t want to be given anything. And I’m going to be ready,” Jalen explained.

And that's exactly the kind of quality individual that the iG wants in G'ville....
😍
=====

1. QB-dt AR-15 6-4 232 - rsSo

2a. QB-pp Kitna 6-4 210 - rsFr
The battle for #2 begins in Aug.
2b. QB-dt Brown 6-3 200 - Fr
And may the better QB win the backup spot.
---
QB-pp Miller III 6-3 211 rsSo - xfer-in from tOSU
QB-dt Carlos Del Rio-Wilson 6-2 225 rsFr xfer-out to Syracuse
For a terrible 1 for 1 swap out imo...

QB-dt Jones 6-2 211 rsJr - Grad-xfer-out to AzS as he finished up his UF degree.
Great kid, good Gator, he just didn't develop enough for SEC play imo. Wish him well.

My opinion is nothing personal, I don't know Jac about Jack, except what he's put up in prior stats and his play in the O&B game. I will admit to a fairly strong bias against QB xfer-ins, due to recent history with them. But maybe he will surprise all of us doubters...

Of all of the current QB's on the roster, Brown's HS highlights are the best of the group.
Now, that may or may not pan out at the college level, but I don't believe I'm wrong on him.

However, I've also liked Kitna, so I don't overlook him as a continuing future starting possibility.

Last edited:
Personally I think Brown has plenty of potential but his high school film doesn't tell you much, and it's because of the competition. Nothing against him. Will Grier played poor competition as well.
I don't love the only good teams they played they went from scoring 60 to 20....but again, doesn't mean much in college.

Kitna has a coach and former NFL player (who I oddly always rooted for as an underdog) as his dad so, even in that interview, you see how that can be a factor. Not to mention that Jon Kitna was basically a career backup but shined in some of his opportunities.

Also didn't hate losing Del Rio Wilson, all I saw from him in the spring game was a guy with no confidence in his arm at all.

because of the portal, we need to take a QB this year, but I'm not terribly worried about it.

Reactions: Gator Fever

Kitna will battle for backup job​

With Napier bringing in Jack Miller III via the transfer portal after signing three-star Max Brown in the Class of 2022, many expected at least one of the freshman quarterbacks, Carlos Del Rio-Wilson or Jalen Kitna to depart.

One did, but the other decided to stick it out.

Jalen Kitna ultimately remained with the program amid a coaching change and despite many predictions and expectations to transfer. According to Jon Kitna, a former NFL quarterback with over a decade of playing experience, transferring never crossed his son’s mind.

This mentality and will to stay at a school that had constant change and slim opportunities for early playing time come from Jalen’s faith and relationship with God, according to his father.

Everyone (LG89, who got trapped in circular logic & ran out of gas, included ) when they talked about Arch's family & tried to explain how his genes made him a better QB - pure BS !

BUT, if I'm wrong, then Jalen Kitna has the same thing going for him ! If nothing else, he has the stick-to-it-ness of Kyle trask.

QB room at UF small enough there is NO EXCUSE for Napier, or whoever coaches QBs, not spending time with Kitna & Brown to get them to where they need to be to compete on a level playing field.

NOTE - according to Jon Kitna, Napier and offensive analyst Ryan O’Hara have spent some time with Jalen.

Specifically, Kitna said his son has made minor changes in his throwing motion and grip that increased the revolutions per minute in his throws.

All I (Jon) do is talk about the reps he does get. ‘How’d they go? How do you feel about them? How can we get better?’ He’s (Jalen) gotten better this offseason.”

Again, in case I'm wrong, they can work with Mr. 13-for-23 for 121 yards & an end zone interception too !

Hoping it works out !

Read More

https://insidethegators.com/redshirt-report-kitna-will-battle-for-backup-job/

I doubt Napier is the type to keep someone higher on the pecking order just because they have seniority or had more stars as a recruit than another player. If Miller stays the backup my guess is he probably is our 2nd best option at this point. He does seem to be well behind Richardson if you are just looking at that spring game though.

Personally I think Brown has plenty of potential but his high school film doesn't tell you much, and it's because of the competition. Nothing against him. Will Grier played poor competition as well.
Danny,

Herschel played poor competition in Wrightsville, Ga, but he had a decent career.

Herschel Walker (born March 3, 1962) is an American politician and former football running back, bobsledder, and mixed martial artist.

He played college football for the University of Georgia, earned consensus All-American honors three times and won the 1982 Heisman Trophy.

He is considered to be one of the greatest college football players of all time, ranked No. 1 by Bleacher Report, 247Sports, and Sporting News, and No. 2 by ESPN.

He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1999.

Walker is the Republican nominee in the 2022 United States Senate election in Georgia, challenging incumbent Democratic Senator Raphael Warnock.

As Vince Dooley used to say on his TV show, "Good Running by Herschel"; hope he wins the election !

Last edited:
Reactions: instaGATOR
Danny,

Herschel played poor competition in Wrightsville, Ga, but he had a decent career.

Herschel Walker (born March 3, 1962) is an American politician and former football running back, bobsledder, and mixed martial artist.

He played college football for the University of Georgia, earned consensus All-American honors three times and won the 1982 Heisman Trophy.

He is considered to be one of the greatest college football players of all time, ranked No. 1 by Bleacher Report, 247Sports, and Sporting News, and No. 2 by ESPN.

He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1999.

Walker is the Republican nominee in the 2022 United States Senate election in Georgia, challenging incumbent Democratic Senator Raphael Warnock.

As Vince Dooley used to say on his TV show, "Good Running by Herschel"; hope he wins the election !

Pretty much my point. Poor high school competition makes it difficult to judge, but I'm worried about his couple of performances against better competition that leave you more then underwhelmed.

Did Max play as poorly as 2-star Trask did in HS???
Or is he as bad of a QB as 4-star Miller, the 3rd string tOSU xfer has shown himself to be?

JMO, but I don't judge a HS QB by his performance vs his worst competition, or vs his best competition, but against his average level of competition. Anybody can have a good or a bad day/game. Also, there are at least 10 other guys that come into a QB's performance.

24-16 (W) Holland Hall 14-1 vs. Lincoln Christian 13-1

On 12/3, the Holland Hall varsity football team won their neutral playoff game against Lincoln Christian (Tulsa, OK) by a score of 24-16. (Max Brown's only loss)
3A Champ Holland beat their other 3 Playoff opponents: 62-0, 34-14, 35-6 -- 24-16

So, who/what is Holland Hall HS that beat Brown's team to be the 3A Champ?

Holland Hall is Tulsa’s PreK through Grade 12 Independent Episcopal School. Holland Hall offers a student/teacher ratio of 9:1, exciting electives, a college preparatory curriculum, dozens of sports, & trans-formative arts programs. It's an Elite Independent School.
==========

QB-dt Max Brown 6-3 200 - Tulsa, Ok, Lincoln Christian HS

14 Gms - 13-1, 6-0
P - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 yds, 16.5 yd/comp, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
R - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, ZERO fumbles.

Passing Yds/Gm - 196.4
He only threw 4 Ints on 235 pass attempts.
Rushing Yds/Gm - 95.9
He had ZERO fumbles on 173 carries.

TD's/Gm - 4.36
TO's/Gm - 0.35

Yds/Comp 16.5
Yds/Carry 7.8

Total Offense - 4,093 Yds -- 61 TD's, 4 TO's, for a 15.25 to 1 Ratio.

When watching his highlights, look at the size, speed, skill on the other team.
The number of students (classification) in the school doesn't prevent a team from being good.

Now, all of that guarantees nothing, but I sure like what I'm reading and seeing....

Last edited:
Reactions: seffnergator
Does he play as poorly as 2-star Trask did in HS???
Or is he as bad of a QB as 4-star Miller, the tOSU xfer has shown himself to be?

JMO, but I don't judge a HS QB by his performance vs his worst competition, or vs his best competition, but against his average level of competition. Anybody can have a good or a bad day/game. Also, there are at least 10 other guys that come into a QB's performance.

24-16 (W) Holland Hall 14-1 vs. Lincoln Christian 13-1

On 12/3, the Holland Hall varsity football team won their neutral playoff game against Lincoln Christian (Tulsa, OK) by a score of 24-16. (Max Brown's only loss)
3A Champ Holland beat their other 3 Playoff opponents: 62-0, 34-14, 35-6 -- 24-16

So, who/what is Holland Hall HS that beat Brown's team to be the 3A Champ.
Holland Hall is Tulsa’s PreK through Grade 12 Independent Episcopal School. Holland Hall offers a student/teacher ratio of 9:1, exciting electives, a college preparatory curriculum, dozens of sports, & trans-formative arts programs. It's an Elite Independent School.
==========

QB-dt Max Brown 6-3 200 - Tulsa, Ok, Lincoln Christian HS

14 Gms - 13-1, 6-0
P - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 yds, 16.5 yd/comp, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
R - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, 1 LPF

Passing Yds/Gm - 196.4
He only threw 4 Ints on 235 pass attempts.
Rushing Yds/Gm - 95.9
He only had 1 LPF on 173 carries.

TD's/Gm - 4.36
TO's/Gm - 0.36

Yds/Comp 16.5
Yds/Carry 7.8

Total Offense - 4,093 Yds -- 61 TD's, 5 TO's, for a 12.2 to 1 Ratio.

When watching his highlights, look at the size, speed, skill on the other team.
The number of students (classification) in the school doesn't prevent a team from being good.

Now, all of that guarantees nothing, but I sure like what I'm reading and seeing....

Watching that I would want to see a whole game against the best competition he faced. That was just way too easy on that tape as far as most of the throws. As far as Trask he did look good on tape but got screwed for being the backup in high school even though the guy in front of him was really good in high school.

He'll be at Fall practice shortly.
We can all get some idea as to what he can do there.

Agreed. With all 3 of the backups. As much talent as AR has....he has an injury issue. It's more than likely he's going to mis some sort of time, abs if he DOES go to the NFL, we need to know what the situation is.

I actually Kitna a lot from a potential standpoint due to his background, and I think Brown has potential, it's just very difficult to read when all you see are the high lights of his games against mad Oklahoma squads.

I will say that, regardless, if we can take some at the QB position, we need to.
We live in the age of transfers abs defections. Never be too comfortable with the QB room you have today.

As listed on the current 2022 Gator Roster:

Anthony Richardson rsSo
Jalen Kitna 6-4 208 rsFr
Jack Miller III 6-3 211 rsFr
Max Brown 6-3 200 Fr

----- Just for fun: And
neither of these 2 WO's are dummies...

The iG would rather spend some time with the WO's that take in yet another xfer. I doubt that they could either be full time starters in the SEC, but WO's have surprised us all before....

QB Jack Anders 6-2 203 rsSo - Germantown, MD - 2X SEC HR
Keeping in mind that this was just his Soph season.

QB/Ath Kyle Engle 6-1 190 rsSo - Fort Lauderdale, FL - 2X SEC HR
Helped St. Thomas Aquinas to the 2018 FHSAA Class 7A State Championships, finishing as runner up after a 13-2 season… Completed 67%, 9 TD's, 0 Ints. as a senior… Selected to the 2018 Broward County All-Star Game… Received the 2018 FHSAA Class 7A Scholar Athlete Award and the 2018-19 Miami Dolphins Scholar Athlete Award… Two-time Maxpreps Offensive Player of the Game… Also competed in lacrosse, becoming a three-time letterwinner… Named to the 2019 First Team All-County and First-Team All-Region for lacrosse, and helped St. Thomas Aquinas to the 2017 State Championships.
I included this link for the Hudl highlights.

I will say that, regardless, if we can take some at the QB position, we need to.
We live in the age of transfers abs defections. Never be too comfortable with the QB room you have today.
Danny,
Agree with all your points.
AR15 injury history
His chance to jump to the NFL with no notice.

Can't help the first & can't blame him for the 2nd.

QB is the most important position on team - we should always seek to improve there.

A David Wunderlich article I just read talks about these same points -
https://www.gatorcountry.com/featur...of-not-signing-top-quarterbacks-consistently/

Florida’s history shows the pitfalls of not signing top quarterbacks consistently​

In the writer's opinion, its not unreasonable to think Billy Napier will be able to find quality options if he needs them.

He already has done so, picking up Jack Miller as a backup for Richardson.

I don’t think Miller has what it takes to lead UF to a conference title or anything, but based on the spring game, I think he can ably fill in for stretches.

Given that the other quarterbacks on the roster who stayed past the spring are a project signee from 2020 and another project signee from 2021, that is a win.

I don’t know what the internal deliberations were, but I doubt they were looking for another potential QB1 because they wouldn’t have wanted to do anything that would chase Richardson to the portal.

Don’t get me wrong: I would feel much better about the near term future of the program if they sign a blue chip quarterback in this cycle.

I would wager with 100% certainty that the coaching staff is not going to give up on that possibility easily, and I’m sure they’re working on strategies for flipping someone good right now.

JFJ - IMO, Everyone talks about Marcus Stokes, but Gators never even gave him an offer. Obviously, there was doubt in Napier's mind about him.

At this point, I don't think Stokes is interested or more likely, he would like to get an offer, string us along (his chance to Slow Play the Gators) & tell us no at the last minute.

Obviously, there are other QBs out there, but how good they are & how receptive they will be to someone who hasn't even coached his first game at his new school is unknown.

Only option I see is that a QB in Florida or Louisiana will "blow up" in his Sr year & we will have a chance to sign him.

I am not as hopefull about Gators making a connection with a committed QB as others seems to be. Much of that is the timing, or lack thereof, from a new staff trying to build relationships with Recruits who have been Romanced by other schools/coaches for years - like Mario Cristobal (Oregon & Miami) with Rashada.

Last edited:
I don't love the only good teams they played they went from scoring 60 to 20....but again, doesn't mean much in college.

Kitna has a coach and former NFL player (who I oddly always rooted for as an underdog) as his dad so, even in that interview, you see how that can be a factor. Not to mention that Jon Kitna was basically a career backup but shined in some of his opportunities.

Also didn't hate losing Del Rio Wilson, all I saw from him in the spring game was a guy with no confidence in his arm at all.

because of the portal, we need to take a QB this year, but I'm not terribly worried about it.

Yep I think short of another transfer coming in who is good we are in trouble if Brown isn't a quick learner. I am not even sure Kitna has the potential to be a Luke Del Rio. Hopefully AR stays but if he doesn't we may be in big trouble. Just don't see Miller doing a lot either even if he starts protecting the ball

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
First off, I like Kitna 6-4 208 as a Gator Student/Athlete and as a person of solid character.
If he can develop and win the starters job down the road, that would be fine with me.
I'm not too worried about his passing, or reading a defense, but his dual threat seems weak to me, and in this offense, I believe that a QBdt is needed to run it properly/efficiently. That said:

QBdt Anthony Richardson 6-4 238 rsSo
QBdt Max Brown 6-2 200 Fr - Billy needs to spend some time here early on...
QBdt Marcus Stokes 6-2 185 HS Sr - a 2023 verbal commit from Nease.
Those 3 are where I see the Gator's present and future at QB.
2024 #4 QB-dt DJ Lawgway 6-2 225 ***** (UF's Top QB target)

QBpp Jack Miller 6-3 211 rsFr - a 3rd String tOSU bail-out, Billy's AzSt homie...
QBpp Jalen Kitna 6-4 208 rsFr - loyal to his UF commit.
QBpp Kyle Engel 6-1 190 rsSo - WO
QBpp Jack Anders 6-2 203 rsSo - WO

Jones rsSr to AzSt, now their starter
Del Rio-Wilson rsFr to Syracuse, now the #2 behind a rsJr.

Last edited:
Pretty much my point. Poor high school competition makes it difficult to judge, but I'm worried about his couple of performances against better competition that leave you more then underwhelmed.
Nope, not me, that's where it apparently leaves you...

LC 52 - 14 Beggs
LC 31 - 29 Jones
LC 49 - 13 Vian
LC 58 - 13 Trinity Leadership (Cedar Hill, TX)
LC 63 - 0 Sequoyah
LC 68 - 19 Locust Grove
LC 56 - 14 Westville
LC 35 - 7 Seminole
LC 55 - 13 Checotah
LC 55 - 14 Stigler
LC 56 - 6 Vinita
LC 35 - 7 Sulphur
LC 27 - 20 Heritage Hall (OK City) Playoff
LC 16 - 24 Holland Hall Playoff - OK 3A Champs

In LC's 3 toughest games, they went 2-1 - (LC 74 - 73 Opp's)
It's not like LC/Brown got blown out by the other top teams in the state....

W - LC 31 - 29 Jones (-2)
W - LC 27 - 20 Heritage Hall (OK City) Playoff (-7)
L -- LC 16 - 24 Holland Hall Playoff - OK 3A Champions (+8)

Brown's only loss on the season was a -8 loss to the Okla 3A State Champion.

Leaving me a bit underwhelmed by your comment... 😉

When I watch Brown's film, I'm looking at the size and speed of the opponents. Is he standing around with all day to get a pass off, just waiting for a receiver to come wide open, or is he being pressured and throwing into small windows to covered receivers? When he runs, is he being pursued by players as big and as fast (or close to it) as he is? I saw him run down from behind a couple of times.

In his highlights, the competition doesn't look like a bunch of little boys being run over by monsters, (like IMG Bradenton does on a regular basis)... The opponents look competitive and getting after it imo.

Every player nationwide gets evaluated on his film. Competition varies everywhere, but individual performance can still be evaluated if you watch closely with unbiased eyes.
The throws he makes on the various routes are there to be evaluated, as are his runs with cuts and spin moves. His competition level was about the same as TT's was, or Stokes is, at Nease HS....

What are his drawbacks now at UF?
He was a last minute desperation grab by a new HC.
The new HC brought in an AzSt homeboy QB xfer and so he needs to justify doing so.
That early decision has already run off 2 roster QB, so not a good look to begin with imo.
Brown didn't arrive until Fall practice, so no preliminary time to acclimate. (no worries, see 2 last minute yrs a LC)
Being a MLB draft-able SS/C, with only 2 years of football, left him with a 3-star rating, even though in those 2 seasons he went 26-0 in the regular seasons, with eye-popping stats....
This kids ceiling is so high that it's somewhere in outer space imo.... (running around in the back-field, he reminds me of a bigger Johnny Football, with a better arm and no negative off-the-field baggage)
But yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll see......
😎

Just a FYI curiosity check....

QB-dt Emory Jones, Starter for: AzSt 40 vs 3 N.Az
P - 13 of18 for 152 yds, 72.2%, 8.4 yds/comp, 0 TD, 0 Int, L-21
R - 11 for 48 yds, 4.4 ypc, 2 TD's, L-17

QB-dt Carlos Del Rio-Wilson, Syracuse current #2 QB
1 for 5 yds in Syracuse's 31 - 7 win over Louisville.
And some hand-offs to run out the clock....

Just a FYI curiosity check....

QB-dt Emory Jones, Starter for: AzSt 40 vs 3 N.Az
P - 13 of18 for 152 yds, 72.2%, 8.4 yds/comp, 0 TD, 0 Int, L-21
R - 11 for 48 yds, 4.4 ypc, 2 TD's, L-17

QB-dt Carlos Del Rio-Wilson, Syracuse current #2 QB
1 for 5 yds in Syracuse's 31 - 7 win over Louisville.
And some hand-offs to run out the clock....

Not shocking at all. People can complain about Miller but the QB limitations of Del Rio-Wilson were apparent.

Billy Napier Names Jalen Kitna the Florida Gators' No. 2 QB​

Jalen Kitna has been a standout performer in practice as of late for the Florida Gators, according to head coach Billy Napier.

Redshirt freshman Jalen Kitna has grasped onto the Florida Gators' backup quarterback role, head coach Billy Napier shared on Wednesday during the SEC Coaches teleconference.

“I thought Jalen Kitna had his best week last week. In particular last Thursday, he was extremely sharp," Napier said on Wednesday. "He had a good day of practice yesterday.

"He’s our No. 2 [quarterback], and I would say Jalen has done a great job of making good decisions, he’s been very accurate and each week he gets a better understanding of our system. Been pleased with Jalen and the progress there."

No way of knowing if he will get any game time; depends on how AR plays.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...er-jalen-kitna-backup-quarterback-jack-miller

Reactions: Gator Fever
  • Haha
While I haven't given up on AR yet, I wouldn't mind seeing Kitna get a series...

And Jeff, you are not alone on the Watson crow, but you're the only one that's man enough to admit it so far...
😉

Billy Napier Names Jalen Kitna the Florida Gators' No. 2 QB​

Jalen Kitna has been a standout performer in practice as of late for the Florida Gators, according to head coach Billy Napier.

Redshirt freshman Jalen Kitna has grasped onto the Florida Gators' backup quarterback role, head coach Billy Napier shared on Wednesday during the SEC Coaches teleconference.

“I thought Jalen Kitna had his best week last week. In particular last Thursday, he was extremely sharp," Napier said on Wednesday. "He had a good day of practice yesterday.

"He’s our No. 2 [quarterback], and I would say Jalen has done a great job of making good decisions, he’s been very accurate and each week he gets a better understanding of our system. Been pleased with Jalen and the progress there."

No way of knowing if he will get any game time; depends on how AR plays.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...er-jalen-kitna-backup-quarterback-jack-miller
You only make this an announcement if you think there is a real chance the backup will come in the game, and it's just so nobody is surprised by your choice.

A little MORE or hopefully LESS on Desmond Watson

I was one of the posters who thought Desmond was a waste of a scholly.

His move to starter & my 2nd helping of CROW has me energized for Tenn !

"... Director of sports nutrition Kelsey Gomes, who has seemingly revolutionized Florida’s nutrition department, has been Watson’s point of contact to help him with dietary decisions.

“I would definitely say me and her work very often and she tries to keep me on a schedule,” he said. “I feel like to stay on that schedule, it’s definitely been working.”

According to Napier, Watson has lost over 40 pounds over the last several weeks, allowing the sophomore defensive tackle to become more active in practices and subsequently see the field more in games. Watson said he is confident he has even dipped below his current listed weight of 415 pounds, a massive step in the right direction for a player who has been critical in contributing along Florida’s thin defensive line and possesses the potential to be even more impactful."
https://247sports.com/college/flori...le-Billy-Napier-Gators-Brenton-Cox-193903089/

Note: So far, the Gators have won 2 games by a combined 6 Pts.
And they have lost 2 games by a combined 15 points.
They either win by a FG, or they lose by a TD....

Gator Combined Points Scored: 113
Opponent Combined Points Scored: 118

Tomorrow they should win by 'name that score,' depending on how many of the rotation/backups get to play....

True TT, but he's no real threat to run, while a running QB helps both the RB's and the receivers make plays...
Give me a pocket passer and one with a little bit of running and I will beat you every time. You can have those dual threat guys all day long. Just ask Lamar Jackson what Josh Allen did to him yesterday.

Give me a pocket passer and one with a little bit of running and I will beat you every time. You can have those dual threat guys all day long. Just ask Lamar Jackson what Josh Allen did to him yesterday.
LJ sounds somewhat familiar, but I don't really know or watch JL or JA. I haven't watched an NFL game in years, and I have no intention of ever watching another. What someone does in the NFL is of ZERO interest to me....

Tim Tebow, among the many other college dual-threat QB's, says hello.... 😁
2007 - 32 Passing TD's and 23 Rushing TD's = 55 TD's while blasting the 20/20 TD's threshold.

And if you want to go with a QBpp and system (SOS & Wuerffel), then you might want to hire a different HC with a different offensive system. jus-sayin...

Last edited:
LJ sounds somewhat familiar, but I don't really know or watch JL or JA. I haven't watched an NFL game in years, and I have no intention of ever watching another. What someone does in the NFL is on ZERO interest to me....

Tim Tebow, among the many other college dual-threat QB's, says hello.... 😁
2007 - 32 Passing TD's and 23 Rushing TD's = 55 TD's while blasting the 20/20 TD's threshold.

And if you want to go with a QBpp and system (SOS & Wuerffel), then you might want to hire a different HC with a different offensive system. jus-sayin...
Game has came along way since Timmy played and you wont ever see that type of player with his HEART and determination. He was a 1 of a kind QB and the only one. Maybe our head coach will get it figured out in the near future.

Game has came along way since Timmy played and you wont ever see that type of player with his HEART and determination. He was a 1 of a kind QB and the only one. Maybe our head coach will get it figured out in the near future.

TT, there will always be the 'New & Improved' to step up as time goes by.
There is a very long and out-dated list of those that were claimed 'at the time' to be irreplaceable.
Everyone on Earth is replaceable, given time... Spurrier was, Wuerffel was, and TT will be....

I'm good with either a Wuerffel-pp or a Tebow-dt, but you need them to be with the HC and system that fit's their individual abilities.

"The dual-threat quarterback has become the most coveted type of player in college football. That athlete with a special blend of passing acumen and running ability who can just as easily go from one to the other in a moment's notice. Across the country, more and more teams are moving toward an uptempo offense, and having a quarterback who can do it all is essential to this attack."
Teams with QB-dt, in descending ranking order by SDS 1-11-2016:

16. FSU
15. tOSU
14. TxTech
13. ND
12. Tenn
11. Miss
10. NC
9. Ore
8. Navy
7. Houston
6. Baylor
5. tOSU
4. MsSt
3. OK
2. CU

1. TCU
==========

For 2022

Rivals 2023 Top 10 QBdt and the schools committed to:
#8 QB-dt Marcus Stokes - UF (took QB-dt Max Brown in 2022)

Teams with QB-dt, in descending ranking order by SDS 1-11-2016:

16. FSU
15. tOSU
14. TxTech
13. ND
12. Tenn
11. Miss
10. NC
9. Ore
8. Navy
7. Houston
6. Baylor
5. tOSU
4. MsSt
3. OK
2. CU

1. TCU
[/URL]
As much as I loved watching Timmy play football I was just blown away watching Danny quarterback. Damn they put up points when Danny played qb. And like you said it was the scheme and coach. Spurrier hardly ever let up off the pedal when scoring aka Fun and Gun offense. And of those 16 teams you named since 2016, How many have been National Champions. Look at the QB's that Bama, Georgia, Clemson and LSU have had the last 10 years. Pretty much all pocket passers.

Last edited:
That's just peeing into the wind it seems to me....

But you should straight away inform Nappy about your theory on pp vs dt, because he seems to be on an entirely different path than what you are endorsing....
😉

But you should straight away inform Nappy about your theory on pp vs dt, because he seems to be on an entirely different path than what you are endorsing.... 😉
He will get his 3 years and Gator Nation will call for his head if he doesnt produce like they always do.

• Haha
As much as I loved watching Timmy play football I was just blown away watching Danny quarterback. Damn they put up points when Danny played qb. And like you said it was the scheme and coach. Spurrier hardly ever let up off the pedal when scoring aka Fun and Gun offense

Points For - Points Against

1993 - 513 - 244 (+269)
1994 - 538 - 228 (+310)
1995 - 558 - 263 (+295)
1996 - 611 - 221 (+390) - NC + DW Heisman
Total Pts For = 2220

Total Pts Against = 956
Winning 1 NC

2006 - 416 - 189 (+227) - NC - Leak Heisman Finalist
2007 - 522 - 331 (+191) - TT Heisman
2008 - 611 - 181 (+430) - NC - TT Heisman Finalist

2009 - 502 - 174 (+328) - TT Heisman Finalist
Total Pts For = 2051
Total Pts Against = 875
Winning 2 NC's

The Spurrier/Wuerffel combined teams averaged only about a FG (3Pts) per game more than Meyer/Tebow teams.

And their highest scoring seasons were tied at 611, both being NC seasons.
However, the lowest Pts scored of those 8 seasons (2006 - 416) was also a NC season.

Some have claimed -- "Offense wins games, but defense wins Championships...."

While the iG has always believed that TEAMS win or lose together, players & coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT