ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts...

VZDawg

Green Machine
Nov 25, 2009
I know none if you are begging for my thoughts but I have stuck around long enough and talked enough trash (and took plenty of trash-talking from y'all). Many of you will lump me in to this big pot of Georgia posters as if we all say the same thing. Go back and look at my posts and what you will see is that I am very consistent in what I post...Mullen will not win you a championship and Kirby is better than Mullen. I never say Kirby is a great coach or that we are going ton win a natty, etc although I do think this Georgia team makes the playoff this year despite us not playing well at times.

Ok...as far as the game goes. Many Florida fans point to Coley and say "I told you he was horrible" and you have been correct much of the year. Georgia fans say the exact same thing about 3rd and Grantham. You won't ever beat Kirby with him as your defensive coordinator. If Mullen isn't smart enough to make a change at DC then get use to this.

I thought Trask played as well as could be expected. He was under some pressure but made some strong throws in tight coverage.

Dan Mullen will not win you an SEC championship (much less take you to the CFP). In the SEC you either need to be a GREAT recruiter or a GREAT coach. Mullen is a good recruiter and a good coach. He is much like Richt. You will have years that you feel you are really competing with the big boys and feeling great about "progress' and then look back and realize he has been here 10 years and hasn't won the SEC. I'm sure many of you will respond with "4th and Dumb, etc" but Kirby is a great recruiter and a good coach. Therefore, he gives us a shot at being in Atlanta every year which gives us a shot at the CFP.

I thought last year's game was much more competitive than this year...even though the final score was closer. Yesterday it felt like we controlled the game throughout where as last year felt really tight until the 4th quarter. Just like last year the final score wasn't indicative of what actually happened on the field.

Dude Kirby is a racist who fails in big games. Mullen will have a winning record over him when they are done.

been going to gator games since 1984, and I go to all gator sports not just football, I have seen nattys in just about every sport we play including the 3 we have won in football since the pups won their last one. I hope one day I will see another one in football if I don't its not the end of the world, hell I have seen more than most every dawg fan will ever see. I do agree we need to upgrade our DC and some of the members of our recruiting staff too much talent leaving the state to go other places

Sorry, dumb take. You want those things to be true more than the evidence supports it being true.

This season we have missed 4 games from who was considered our most important defender entering the season (Zuniga), another 3 games from our preseason All-American corner (Henderson) 6 games from our most dynamic weapon (Toney), our starting QB was injured in game 3 and his replacement is a kid who couldn’t even start in high school, and we have had multiple other games missed by key personnel and we are on pace for 10-2 in a year where we also had to replace 4 offensive lineman. Nothing but good coaching could have overcome all of that. And Mullen tied both Urban and Spurrier for the best start in UF history through 20 games and it certainly wasn’t because he had the more talented teams.

The only thing you are right on is Grantham. Is and always has been overrated. It didn’t take this game for me or anyone with a clue to see that either. I’ve been saying it since he was hired and got and keep getting push back on this board about it. Now more are seeing the truth with him.

Reactions: fsu939913
Sorry, dumb take. You want those things to be true more than the evidence supports it being true.

This season we have missed 4 games from who was considered our most important defender entering the season (Zuniga), another 3 games from our preseason All-American corner (Henderson) 6 games from our most dynamic weapon (Toney), our starting QB was injured in game 3 and his replacement is a kid who couldn’t even start in high school, and we have had multiple other games missed by key personnel and we are on pace for 10-2 in a year where we also had to replace 4 offensive lineman. Nothing but good coaching could have overcome all of that. And Mullen tied both Urban and Spurrier for the best start in UF history through 20 games and it certainly wasn’t because he had the more talented teams.

The only thing you are right on is Grantham. Is and always has been overrated. It didn’t take this game for me or anyone with a clue to see that either. I’ve been saying it since he was hired and got and keep getting push back on this board about it. Now more are seeing the truth with him.
I want you to keep Mullen. Kirby has his number and he is not a great recruiter so we can continue to get great players out of your state. What more could I ask for as a Georgia fan?

I want you to keep Mullen. Kirby has his number and he is not a great recruiter so we can continue to get great players out of your state. What more could I ask for as a Georgia fan?
A national title? But see this is why your school will never reach it. Your only sense of accomplishment is based on how good UF is and just beating them.

I know none if you are begging for my thoughts but I have stuck around long enough and talked enough trash (and took plenty of trash-talking from y'all). Many of you will lump me in to this big pot of Georgia posters as if we all say the same thing. Go back and look at my posts and what you will see is that I am very consistent in what I post...Mullen will not win you a championship and Kirby is better than Mullen. I never say Kirby is a great coach or that we are going ton win a natty, etc although I do think this Georgia team makes the playoff this year despite us not playing well at times.

Ok...as far as the game goes. Many Florida fans point to Coley and say "I told you he was horrible" and you have been correct much of the year. Georgia fans say the exact same thing about 3rd and Grantham. You won't ever beat Kirby with him as your defensive coordinator. If Mullen isn't smart enough to make a change at DC then get use to this.

I thought Trask played as well as could be expected. He was under some pressure but made some strong throws in tight coverage.

Dan Mullen will not win you an SEC championship (much less take you to the CFP). In the SEC you either need to be a GREAT recruiter or a GREAT coach. Mullen is a good recruiter and a good coach. He is much like Richt. You will have years that you feel you are really competing with the big boys and feeling great about "progress' and then look back and realize he has been here 10 years and hasn't won the SEC. I'm sure many of you will respond with "4th and Dumb, etc" but Kirby is a great recruiter and a good coach. Therefore, he gives us a shot at being in Atlanta every year which gives us a shot at the CFP.

I thought last year's game was much more competitive than this year...even though the final score was closer. Yesterday it felt like we controlled the game throughout where as last year felt really tight until the 4th quarter. Just like last year the final score wasn't indicative of what actually happened on the field.

I think with Smart recruiting at the level he does he will need the Championship to be considered a really good coach. Richt didn't recruit at that level.

I think with Smart recruiting at the level he does he will need the Championship to be considered a really good coach. Richt didn't recruit at that level.
Exactly. And those that like to compare Kirby to Richt over the first three seasons don’t get that Georgia didn’t fire Richt for what he did those first three. That said, Kirby has shown a penchant for shitting the bed once a season. That is the one that bothers me most.

Reactions: VZDawg

Hey little little prick, have you won anything in 40 years besides a regular season game? I think you might not with the East THIS YEAR!!!

Things are steadily improving under Mullen. We've dropped 2 games to 2 teams that will probably finish in the top 10...or might even win the National title. The expectations and record from 2 years ago is completely different. Check my post...Kirby is a very good coach. If you don't think that Mullen has and is turning around things you don't know Gator Football. We got out played in this game and made to many mistakes. Both teams did a good job coaching in this one and you guys called a great game on offense. Fromm/your O Line/OC/WR's deserve a lot of credit. We loss the game...outside of that you're pitching heat.

Reactions: Blue/Orange

We want to keep Mullen as well.

Do you realize this isn't the offense he wants to run? Think back on the Tebow days. THAT'S his offense. But right now he doesn't have the players to run it. So he's running a sort of hybrid West Coast offense to take advantage of the players he has. And being pretty successful with it. That's not a good coach, that's a GREAT coach.

As for the recruiting, you should be worried. Smart brought the "Bama way" to Georgia, which involves payola. Don't even try to pretend it doesn't. But the NCAA has decided to let players be paid, so soon it will be a level playing field. It also times nicely with our facilities upgrades being completed. So if you think Shart is going to continue pulling top 5 classes every year, you are kidding yourself. Florida has more money than Georgia, when we can legally pay players you won't be able to outbid us. Better get that natty soon, or all you will have is an average coach who used to be able to recruit.

Reactions: gatordad3
Kirby has recruited at an elite level, but he's in year 4 and there will not be a natty this year. I don't believe he will ever get it done. As for Mullen, he's stabilized the program and we will see where he stands in year 4 then we can make some comparisons. Remember, Trask was a high school backup that no big program wanted. Mullen has done a great job adjusting.

Florida fan base is a living, breathing, walking, talking cess pool.

It's not surprising to see comments like this.
Have you ever met a Georgia fan? I saw plenty yesterday in jax who had no business whatsoever residing outside of a federal penitentiary. In fact I met less than those I could count on my fingers who didn't belong behind bars for the rest of the unnaturally born lives.

These scumbags refused to sing the national anthem while it was being played, and in the middle of it, the stupid cameraman on the field got in there and put the camera on their mascot dog. While in the middle of the national anthem, they all started roaring and cheering because their dumbass mascot was up on the jumbotron, then they instantly fell silent again once it was gone. COMPLETELY ignored showing respect to this country yet again. They couldn't care less. Their stupid dog mascot is more important to all of them than America is.

Let me reiterate just for the those who are impaired. This georgia fanbase was actually BOOING during the national anthem simply because it was being played by the home team's band, Florida's. It was very evident that they were booing.

Have you ever met a Georgia fan? I saw plenty yesterday in jax who had no business whatsoever residing outside of a federal penitentiary. In fact I met less than those I could count on my fingers who didn't belong behind bars for the rest of the unnaturally born lives.

These scumbags refused to sing the national anthem while it was being played, and in the middle of it, the stupid cameraman on the field got in there and put the camera on their mascot dog. While in the middle of the national anthem, they all started roaring and cheering because their dumbass mascot was up on the jumbotron, then they instantly fell silent again once it was gone. COMPLETELY ignored showing respect to this country yet again. They couldn't care less. Their stupid dog mascot is more important to all of them than America is.

Let me reiterate just for the those who are impaired. This georgia fanbase was actually BOOING during the national anthem simply because it was being played by the home team's band, Florida's. It was very evident that they were booing.
Sounds right considering their cowardly history with WW2. It was an established penal colony. Those roots never really died.

This may be the dumbest post on the internet today and has no business here. It's total bs and you should be ashamed.

Im so happy right now. Absolute zero shame. You on the other hand....cheering for that racist coach...

Georgia fans are probably the lowest IQ people in the US... Not even joking.

So, you want to toss shade on anything or anyone related to the University of Georgia, when your state is an open sewer and your own football program's cup of iniquities has been overflowing for decades?

Where shall we start? Pell? Hall? NCAA violations earned by your program? Want to pivot to Urban Meyer, who established a win-at-all-costs template that included recruiting and signing athletes who would eventually become thieves, rapists, and murderers?

You don't want to go there with me , pal.

So, you want to toss shade on anything or anyone related to the University of Georgia, when your state is an open sewer and your own football program's cup of iniquities has been overflowing for decades?

Where shall we start? Pell? Hall? NCAA violations earned by your program? Want to pivot to Urban Meyer, who established a win-at-all-costs template that included recruiting and signing athletes who would eventually become thieves, rapists, and murderers?

You don't want to go there with me , pal.

I'd be happy to. Because all you said is bullshit and I would be more than pleased to tell you exactly how full of shit you actually are.

Shall we start with Hershel Walker's Trans Am?

Or, I don't know, how UGa was all but traitorous to this country when they enrolled the entire football team in ROTC while the rest of the country's teams had massive defections of kids enlisting to go fight the Germans and Japanese? And even then, you STILL weren't good enough to win a title. Ohio State won the AP title in 1942, yet Georgia wants to claim the title based on the Likenhous poll.

It really is too funny. Traitors to our country in the effort to win a natty, and STILL FAIL. Worse, to try to claim a false title for the year of infamy. Dawgs, you truly have no shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: SwampLander
That's weak, even for a liberal Nole.
Edit: a coachless, liberal Nole. :D
Firing Willie just upgraded us. We’ll make a bowl game now. Hire Briles as the head coach in the off season like I said previously we are just a year ahead of schedule and have already circled 2027 and 2028. You have no idea who your coach will be at that time. Briles is about to storm through the ACC and get us back on the national stage.

Firing Willie just upgraded us. We’ll make a bowl game now. Hire Briles as the head coach in the off season like I said previously we are just a year ahead of schedule and have already circled 2027 and 2028. You have no idea who your coach will be at that time. Briles is about to storm through the ACC and get us back on the national stage.
What could possibly go wrong with Briles in Tallahassee? :D

Reactions: GwinnettDawg

I dont want briles as our head coach. Meyer, Gruden, Saban, or Belichek.

Reactions: oozie7 and fsumc
Panties dropping and banners flying. We’re gonna be partying like it’s 1999.
giphy.gif

Reactions: fsumc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT