ADVERTISEMENT

My bracket is shot but, it

What the hell did you do to your bracket if you had both of those teams going deep? I'll have to check but I know I didn't have Tennessee getting out of the first weekend and may have had them losing this game because of how they e played lately.

I had Ohio State to the Sweet 16 but that's it...though it does kill me that I strongly considered having them be the 2 that gets upset by the 15 this year and I second guessed myself.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Not an upset but that was a crazy stat that this was Roy Williams first loss in an opening round game in 30 tournaments. I think they said that anyway.

Just wondering if the Vols fans are using Omar Payne as an excuse for Fulkerson missing from their lineup.
We've been without the heart and soul of the team and best player, Keyonte Johnson, since December.

Just wondering if the Vols fans are using Omar Payne as an excuse for Fulkerson missing from their lineup.
We've been without the heart and soul of the team and best player, Keyonte Johnson, since December.

I saw a little bit of their ranting but it was mostly about their team falling apart overall and complaining about not doing much in the tournaments. Some mess about us having it easy so many times in these tournaments with the big upsets helping us out. A few KY fans harping on that also. You just have to beat what team is in front of you is my motto. No different than anyone else.

I saw a little bit of their ranting but it was mostly about their team falling apart overall and complaining about not doing much in the tournaments. Some mess about us having it easy so many times in these tournaments with the big upsets helping us out. A few KY fans harping on that also. You just have to beat what team is in front of you is my motto. No different than anyone else.

not does seem like we luck out more than is normal when it comes to early upsets.

didnt that happen a few years ago? May have been Whites run his second year where we lucked out 2 or 3 times? Honestly can't remember.

Reactions: Gator Fever
not does seem like we luck out more than is normal when it comes to early upsets.

didnt that happen a few years ago? May have been Whites run his second year where we lucked out 2 or 3 times? Honestly can't remember.

Honestly I will have to go look and see where we so call "lucked out" with the higher seeds from round 2 and the Sweet 16. That Florida Gulf Coast game was with Donovan still here I believe.

Actually it doesn't look like White "lucked up" in his Elite Eight run (We did get the 8 seed in the Sweet 16 that year instead of the 1 seed however) but if you want to call it luck intervening with these big upsets we have lucked up in about 5 tournaments since Donovan took over as coach and 4 of the times were in our last 7 tournaments.

* Only counted an 11 seed if it was the Sweet 16 or later as they beat the 6 seeds about half the time in recent years.

1999: Caught a #14 Weber State in the 2nd game.
2012: Caught a #15 Norfolk State in the 2nd game.
2013: Caught a #15 FL Gulf Coast in the Sweet 16.
2014: Caught a #11 Dayton in the Elite Eight.
2021: Caught a #15 Oral Roberts in the 2nd game.

Last edited:
Actually it doesn't look like White "lucked up" in his Elite Eight run (We did get the 8 seed in the Sweet 16 that year instead of the 1 seed however) but if you want to call it luck intervening with these big upsets we have lucked up in about 5 tournaments since Donovan took over as coach and 4 of the times were in our last 7 tournaments.

* Only counted an 11 seed if it was the Sweet 16 or later as they beat the 6 seeds about half the time in recent years.

1999: Caught a #14 Weber State in the 2nd game.
2012: Caught a #15 Norfolk State in the 2nd game.
2013: Caught a #15 FL Gulf Coast in the Sweet 16.
2014: Caught a #11 Dayton in the Elite Eight.
2021: Caught a #15 Oral Roberts in the 2nd game.

Yeah so it was 2017. Getting 8 seed Wisconsin instead of #1 Villanova and beat Wisconsin by 1 in over time.

I would call that rather lucky.

Reactions: g8rhoo
You can only play and beat whoever is in front of you. I don’t believe in apologizing or making excuses for other higher seeds losing etc. Even if you get favorable matchups you still have to win 6 in a row to win it all. That isn’t easy.

You can only play and beat whoever is in front of you. I don’t believe in apologizing or making excuses for other higher seeds losing etc. Even if you get favorable matchups you still have to win 6 in a row to win it all. That isn’t easy.
I remember the FSU fans started whining about a certain team having an easy, if not the easiest path to the national championship back in 2006. One of them posted on Warchant that if UF wins a basketball title, he would start blowing chunks to no end. So I believe the FSU fans started this easy path crap.
Man, was it great to be a Florida Gator that year, and the next two years.

Yeah so it was 2017. Getting 8 seed Wisconsin instead of #1 Villanova and beat Wisconsin by 1 in over time.

I would call that rather lucky.

I don't remember much about Wisconsin that year but it depends on the 8 seed I guess. I know all the #1 seeds this year were hoping to avoid getting Loyola as an 8/9 seed in their region. Oklahoma was a name that came up quite a bit also as a team they wanted to avoid in that 2nd round.

Reactions: Silver Buyer
Just rooting for the two Cinderallas at this point - Oral Roberts and Loyola Maramount. Cant go wrong cheering for the underdog

well you’re rooting for one team riding the couch at home during the NCAA - Loyola Marymount (in LA) hasn’t been to the NCAA since 1990.

Loyola University, Chicago is in the current S16

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT