ADVERTISEMENT

Mullen just flipped 2 oline commits....

from Miami. Miami now has 0 oline commits and FSU has 1 oline commit. In the meantime UF I believe has 6 oline commits.

We finally have a coach that knows what he is doing and filling “needs” and having balanced classes.

Do we still have the 1? We lost one about a week ago.

Good, we need them as we are gonna lose 4 of our 5 starters as the word is 2 are leaving early.

Word is we may still land one more OL as one of our commits is iffy for academics.
We have a good shot at getting 3 players from Lakeland High School:
4 star OL - Deyavie Hammond, 4 Star TE Keon Zipperer & 4 Star DE Lloyd Summerall. Lakeland is playing St. Thomas Aquinas Friday night for the 7A state championship, so might not get commitments one way or another from these guys until after then. Current Crystal Ball has Zipperer 88% UF, 12% Miami, Hammond 100% UF, Summerall 69% UF, 23% FSU, 8% Miami.

In addition - we're looking strong for Steele, Elam and Fuller(flip from FSU).

Also - we're making runs at 3-4 other elites so we'll see how it shakes out.

We certainly have to continue to close at a high % of 4/5 star guys but it looks promising.

Reactions: instaGATOR

snl-i-got-a-fever-for-more-cowbell-christopher-walkent-shirt-10.jpg

ESD & NSD Recruits show up, while the rival trolls disappear,,, yet again... o_O

Fever isn't wrong overall - you need Top 5 classes to compete year in/out for championships. The challenge with that cat is that that's the only thing he ever adds to the discussion.

If we get a Top 5 class next year, he'll be talking about how you REALLY need a Top 3 class lol. And of course he only sees the negative in any recruiting news.

Most fans are in the spot of looking at the overall trend and being happy with the upward trajectory. Hopefully we keep things rolling.

It's not necessarily getting a bunch of 4 & 5 star players, it's getting high quality players at the positions of need. I agree that THE University of Florida should have a Top 10 class every year. Mullen is doing what Muschamp & McElwain didn't do well at all. Addressing positional needs and building quality depth on both sides of the ball. There's no doubt some lower stars and even walk-ons turn into very good players. But stars matter and there is no reason why we shouldn't be getting our share of the big time recruits.

Gettin top quality recruits always matters.

What makes up "Quality" being different at each school.
Dan recruits to all three levels, athletic, scholastic, and character.
Also as position needs both as starters and as potential or depth.
Those handing out star ratings don't. o_O

The ranking services can give you a place to begin an evaluation, but they will never be the last word on individuals or entire classes, so says the top college football coaches from all across the nation. ;)

The various service ratings, both individual and class, are fan fodder. What they are not, is something that's chiseled in stone and used to evaluate a coaching staff's recruiting decisions. :confused:
(unless you're a troll on someone else's board, or a total moron)

So while I'll enjoy the 'recruit fodder season' along with everyone else here, I'll not be judging Dan & staff on some outsiders opinions or star rankings. :cool:

I'm in sales and some sales folks are hunters and others grow crops. Everyone likes the hunter because it's obvious how badass they are but tons of super successful salespeople lay the ground work, keep grinding and "grow" the prospects.

Mullen is more of a farmer lol

Just so long as the corn grows as high as a all-star eye.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Some current 247 Crystal Ball Predictions: :cool:

CB Kaiir Elam - UF

TE Keon Zipperer - UF

OG Deyavie Hammond - UF

DE Lloyd Summnerall - UF

OG Kamaar Bell - UF

DEs Brandon Dorius - UF

QB-dt Jaden Seider - UF

OLB Jaleel McRae - UF - currently an FSU commit

OLB Marcus Tillman Jr - UF - currently a TX commit

Reactions: seffnergator
Just announced that Tyrique Stevenson is coming to Gville this weekend as well! Former UF commit - high 4star .98 on the composite. Secondary class could end up being SICK.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Just announced that Tyrique Stevenson is coming to Gville this weekend as well! Former UF commit - high 4star .98 on the composite. Secondary class could end up being SICK.
This is encouraging news!!! As you know, I have been very concerned about our recruiting this year. We all know Mullens can coach em up but he needs to get em here first!

This is encouraging news!!! As you know, I have been very concerned about our recruiting this year. We all know Mullens can coach em up but he needs to get em here first!

Review the recruits and transfers (26) that he brought in this past year to a team coming off a 4-7 season, and that should settle your nerves. Then look at the list of those that are currently 2019 committed. That list will improve greatly between now and ESD/NSD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT