ADVERTISEMENT

Mullen FIRES 2 secondary coaches

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Just saw it on ESPN. Ron English and Torrian Gray. Is or should Todd be next?

Pointless. Next year will be a 4-5 loss season with this fat clown still running the defense. Gutless move by Mullen.

We need to average at least 30 points a game and dominate TOP, or your prediction will be spot on.

A
We need to average at least 30 points a game and dominate TOP, or your prediction will be spot on.

We averaged 40 this year...didn't make a difference.

And the offense won't be as good next year either. 21' is a wasted season. Can't believe this clown is getting to scapegoat proven assistants to keep his job after producing the worst defense at UF since 1946.

Grantham stays. I predict we'll get Travarius Robinson back from South Carolina as a secondary coach/ co-defensive coordinator. Then when Grantham leaves after next year T-Rob will become the DC. Just my two cents.

Grantham stays. I predict we'll get Travarius Robinson back from South Carolina as a secondary coach/ co-defensive coordinator. Then when Grantham leaves after next year T-Rob will become the DC. Just my two cents.
I could deal with that.

A

We averaged 40 this year...didn't make a difference.

And the offense won't be as good next year either. 21' is a wasted season. Can't believe this clown is getting to scapegoat proven assistants to keep his job after producing the worst defense at UF since 1946.

have you picked up drinking?

I’ll stop watching entirely before I waste my liver on this BS. I’m out on Mullen. He can get fired with Grantham since he wants to be a stubborn idiot.

idk man....that seems pretty extreme.

Im not thrilled but considering the last 3 years I'm not ready to say "kill them all."

Reactions: passoverGator

Im not thrilled but considering the last 3 years I'm not ready to say "kill them all."
Agree. We have come a long way from Mac. We’re In the CFP running late in the year. Took UGA down and gave Bama all they wanted. Let’s come back next year (hopefully normal) and finish the job.

Reactions: PacoGator19

He doesn’t have the humility to win big here. Just like when he was OC under Mullen he’s too arrogant for his own good. Would Urban or Spurrier watch their DC lose them a chance at winning a title and keep them? He just watched us give up nearly 700 yards of offense and lose by nearly 40 and could do nothing but make excuses about how we didn’t really care about the game. So why go? This guy blew his shot at the playoff losing to LSU and after the game had the audacity to say it is what it is. Like he couldn’t care less. Brilliant coordinator, great QB coach, average head coach. His know it all act is getting tired.

He doesn’t have the humility to win big here. Just like when he was OC under Mullen he’s too arrogant for his own good. Would Urban or Spurrier watch their DC lose them a chance at winning a title and keep them? He just watched us give up nearly 700 yards of offense and lose by nearly 40 and could do nothing but make excuses about how we didn’t really care about the game. So why go? This guy blew his shot at the playoff losing to LSU and after the game had the audacity to say it is what it is. Like he couldn’t care less. Brilliant coordinator, great QB coach, average head coach. His know it all act is getting tired.
I don’t know about that. Spurrier only had 1 good DC during his entire tenure. As good as Spurrier was if he actually cared about the defense and hiring a good DC he would of won more than 1 national title. You do realize some of the DCs Spurrier had right? Spurrier was the ultimate Gator and he had lots of lazy DC hires while here.

I realized he fired his DC after an epic failure and hired Bob Stoops to fix it. He might have made some bad hires, but he didn’t just put up with bad performances with no change. Same with his QB’s or any other position. That’s my point. Mullen is content.

I realized he fired his DC after an epic failure and hired Bob Stoops to fix it. He might have made some bad hires, but he didn’t just put up with bad performances with no change. Same with his QB’s or any other position. That’s my point. Mullen is content.
And then after Stoops he went back to bringing in a bad DC in John Hoke and kept Hoke for 3 years before Spurrier finally just left. I mean here are some of Spurrier’s DCs. Ron Zook, Bob Pruett & John Hoke. Not exactly a good list of DCs.

I agree with his post game comments... They were very weird and kind of made you wonder if he didnt have the right pulse of the team. I think mullen has a high floor as a head coach. Hes a great developer and in game coach. Above avg recruiter (not elite) but his oh well attitude in the oress conferences were just baffling to me. He could have set the tone after the shoe throwing incident.

Reactions: fsumc
I agree with his post game comments... They were very weird and kind of made you wonder if he didnt have the right pulse of the team. I think mullen has a high floor as a head coach. Hes a great developer and in game coach. Above avg recruiter (not elite) but his oh well attitude in the oress conferences were just baffling to me. He could have set the tone after the shoe throwing incident.
He obviously doesn’t think through what he’s about to say.

He’s arrogant and starting to come off like a huge baby. I mean this guy literally said “it is what it is” when asked about possibly losing his playoff shot after losing to LSU. He lost me after that. The OU thing is just excuse making. I don’t want to hear about you playing your scout team when you lost to LSU at home who played with 54 players and their true freshman QB. Your stupid defensive coordinator gave up 600 yards in two other games so it’s not like they stopped anybody fully healthy. Give me a break.

Mullen is definitely an excuse-maker. But he's a clear upgrade over Muschamp and McElwain and has us going in the right direction. Can he get us to the level of Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State? Time will tell. But I feel better about our program now than I have since Urban left. And if we lose Mullen, who is better that will come to Gainesville?

I think some people are disappointed in the end of the season and making a lot more out of his pressers than need be.

not maybe insta is right.

fire them all.

jesus chill the hell out.

Y’all are about to turn into the Bizarro Muschamp years. Championship offense and flag football defense. Mullen does come across as a weak leader not canning Grantham.

Y’all are about to turn into the Bizarro Muschamp years. Championship offense and flag football defense. Mullen does come across as a weak leader not canning Grantham.
And you FIRED who in Tally after the worse year since 1976? STFU!

And then after Stoops he went back to bringing in a bad DC in John Hoke and kept Hoke for 3 years before Spurrier finally just left. I mean here are some of Spurrier’s DCs. Ron Zook, Bob Pruett & John Hoke. Not exactly a good list of DCs.
Spurrier had Jim Bates for only the 1990 season. Other than the two games when his defense allowed 45 vs Tennessee and FSU, his defenses were solid that season.
I've said this many times, Spurrier should have promoted Bob Sanders the day Stoops left but ended up with Hoke on Stoops recommendation.

The only thing I missed about the departure of Zook in 1996 was his recruiting.

Not sure what 2021 will have in store for us but this is 100% Mullen's team now on the field this upcoming season. I tend to think we won't have the talent to be any threat to a team like Bama if they don't have a big dropoff. If the East wasn't down so bad I think it could be a pretty pedestrian season but it looks like GA will be the only obstacle again. GA looked like crap early and against us but that QB has looked decent the past few games. Kind of nervous they may just be too good in the trenches for us to beat them this upcoming season. No telling what our O line looks like in 2021 not even thinking about the defense.

I think some people are disappointed in the end of the season and making a lot more out of his pressers than need be.

not maybe insta is right.

fire them all.

jesus chill the hell out.

I don’t want him fired, I’m expressing my opinion. He’s not close to being fired but for all the reasons I’ve mentioned I no longer see him winning big here. Retaining Grantham will get him one step closer to being fired though.

And he is a weak leader. It’s not just Grantham he doesn’t hold anybody on his staff accountable. And this isn’t new, these were all the criticisms we heard about him when he was OC here under Meyer but you would have hoped he’d have grown. I definitely hoped so but he hasn’t. He’s arrogant and thin skinned and thinks he’s always the smartest guy in the room. We’ll win 10 games a year but we aren’t winning championships with him. That will be ok until it isn’t.

Funny you mention the shoe throwing incident...not only did Marco Wilson not get benched during the drive after that, he got named a captain for the SEC Championship. And Mullen claimed in his PC after to have not seen it lol. I mean seriously? Why lie? No championship level coach would have allowed him to keep playing after that penalty much less make him a captain for the next game. He literally threw the season away with no repercussion.

Funny you mention the shoe throwing incident...not only did Marco Wilson not get benched during the drive after that, he got named a captain for the SEC Championship. And Mullen claimed in his PC after to have not seen it lol. I mean seriously? Why lie? No championship level coach would have allowed him to keep playing after that penalty much less make him a captain for the next game. He literally threw the season away with no repercussion.

Unreal...

He also said later "i guess thats a penalty" lol If jimbo was the coach of a shoe thrower or saban.... Oh boy. I was honestly surprised that he let it slide like that.

I’ll stop watching entirely before I waste my liver on this BS. I’m out on Mullen. He can get fired with Grantham since he wants to be a stubborn idiot.

If you'll add posting here to that, then it's a winner-winner, chickenchit dinner... :cool:

Insta does bring some interesting info (along with ocalaman, Jeff from jax and a few others) that I just don’t have time to research what with a job, family etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT