ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine: Miami now on top for Jaden Rashada​

A new leader has emerged in the recruitment of four-star Pittsburg (Calif.) quarterback Jaden Rashada, according to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM).

Following an expert prediction from On3 National Recruiting Analyst Sam Spiegelman, as well as updates around the industry, Miami is the new favorite to land Rashada.

The No. 42 overall prospect in the On3 Consensus is currently on an official visit to Coral Gables and is expected to make his commitment announcement on Saturday.

The RPM gives the Hurricanes a 50.1 percent chance of securing his commitment, with Florida — the other perceived finalist, trailing behind at 23.7 percent.
https://www.on3.com/news/on3-recruiting-prediction-machine-miami-now-on-top-for-jaden-rashada/

As I noted in an earlier post, most of these top rated QB started drawing attention as sophs.

The closing % are heavily in favor of the school which gets the last OV & Rashada looks like he will follow the pattern.

We have a QB - AR15, who if he stays for his Sr season, could be a good one. Hopefully our gator NIL machine can come up with a pile big enough to keep him around for his last year.

If not we will have to hope that either Miller, Kitna, or Brown takes off in the next year.

https://www.on3.com/news/on3-recruiting-prediction-machine-miami-now-on-top-for-jaden-rashada/

With Rashada out of the picture, we can get properly lined up (unlike our OL) for some of the elite QBs now in the HS pipeline.

Reactions: Gator Fever

On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine: Miami now on top for Jaden Rashada​

A new leader has emerged in the recruitment of four-star Pittsburg (Calif.) quarterback Jaden Rashada, according to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM).

Following an expert prediction from On3 National Recruiting Analyst Sam Spiegelman, as well as updates around the industry, Miami is the new favorite to land Rashada.

The No. 42 overall prospect in the On3 Consensus is currently on an official visit to Coral Gables and is expected to make his commitment announcement on Saturday.

The RPM gives the Hurricanes a 50.1 percent chance of securing his commitment, with Florida — the other perceived finalist, trailing behind at 23.7 percent.

As I noted in an earlier post, most of these top rated QB started drawing attention as sophs.

The closing % are heavily in favor of the school which gets the last OV & Rashada looks like he will follow the pattern.

We have a QB - AR15, who if he stays for his Sr season, could be a good one. Hopefully our gator NIL machine can come up with a pile big enough to keep him around for his last year.

If not we will have to hope that either Miller, Kitna, or Brown takes off in the next year.

With Rashada out of the picture, we can get properly lined up (unlike our OL) for some of the elite QBs now in the HS pipeline.
We got outbid

He's got the Ewers kid in front of him that he's gonna have to compete with when he gets there.

Yep it is what it is. We will be alright if we get one next class. You have to make financial decisions now and get the most for the overall team over the next few years.

I am curious to find out what Texas is giving Manning NIL wise for that name.

Florida Gators official visitors preview for June 24th weekend​

By
Andrew Spivey
-
June 24, 2022

Offensive targets to visit
Receiver Andy Jean
decommitted from Miami shortly after picking up an offer from Florida and since then Jean has seen his recruitment blow up.
Offensive lineman Roderick Kearney unofficially visited Florida earlier this month and quickly set up an official visit to Florida. The Gators have been playing catch up to Florida State for Kearney and the Gators have made up a lot of ground for the Jacksonville native.

Defensive targets to visit
JUCO linebacker Justin Jefferson
will be on campus for the second time under Billy Napier after he took an official visit to Texas A&M last weekend. Jefferson wants to make an early fall decision as he plans to early enroll in school in January. Alabama and Tennessee are also expected to get Jefferson on campus for an official visit but nothing is set yet.

"...The 6-foot-1, 210-pound worked out at inside linebacker with defensive coordinator Pete Golding. Jefferson has been clocked at a 4.37 40-yard dash, and he is a wanted target for Coach Golding and Nick Saban." - & everyone else in the SEC !
https://alabama.rivals.com/news/alabama-hoping-to-hit-jackpot-with-juco-linebacker-justin-jefferson

Quote from Shannon Snell​

Brand Ambassador at Sonny's BBQ​

"...Billy Napier looks at UF football like Chess; not like Checkers ! What is the end game ? Where will we be in 3 years ? How will we get there ?"

Shannon - very sharp; very articulate; worth listening to his interview !

Football, faith and BBQ.
Pitmaster, Shannon Snell believes he was put here to influence people, and he feels strongly that he was given the platform to do it with BBQ.

Where did you get your start in BBQ?

It started at the University of Florida. I met Sonny Tilman while I was here, I met my wife while I was here, my faith got started here. The four most important things of my life stared on the Florida Gators football field.

https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-g...n-snell-on-grilling-with-players-uf-football/

Last edited:
Someone said now we are offering a 3 star QB who had committed to FSU.
Fever,

I hope not; sounds like a knee-jerk reaction to Rashada heading to Canes.

Finding another Kyle Trask unlikely !

SAVE THE SCHOLLY for next year; we already have a transfer QB who doesn't have what it takes to win in the SEC - don't make another mistake !

We will just end up having to cut both of them & trying again to find a winning QB1. The PR that brings us isn't worth it.

Last edited:
Fever,

I hope not; sounds like a knee-jerk reaction to Rashada heading to Canes.

Finding another Kyle Trask unlikely !

SAVE THE SCHOLLY for next year; we already have a transfer QB who doesn't have what it takes to win in the SEC - don't take another one !

We will just end up having to cut both of them & trying again to find a winning QB1. The PR that brings us isn't worth it.

I agree unless the coaches think he has real nice potential.

Quote from Shannon Snell​

Brand Ambassador at Sonny's BBQ​

"...Billy Napier looks at UF football like Chess; not like Checkers ! What is the end game ? Where will we be in 3 years ? How will we get there ?"

Shannon - very sharp; very articulate; worth listening to his interview !

Football, faith and BBQ.
Pitmaster, Shannon Snell believes he was put here to influence people, and he feels strongly that he was given the platform to do it with BBQ.

Where did you get your start in BBQ?

It started at the University of Florida. I met Sonny Tilman while I was here, I met my wife while I was here, my faith got started here. The four most important things of my life stared on the Florida Gators football field.

https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-g...n-snell-on-grilling-with-players-uf-football/

As far as Napier no one can knock the work he is putting in recruiting but you can't expect him to have a top 3 class like other Gator coaches did with their 2nd class with the new setup. With this new setup Mullen would have even been a little worse recruiting probably than he was.

Reactions: gatordad3

Florida Gators RB Demarkcus Bowman Entering Transfer Portal​

Didn't expect this at all !

Wish him the best.

Perhaps a less crowded RB room will help us land Treyaun Webb.

If not, with Montrell Johnson, Lorenzo Linguard, Nay'Quan; Wright & Trevor Etienne, we have RBs who can 'tote the rock.'

Shannon Snell very high on Nay'Quan; predicted a break out year for him in his interview.

As always, the OL is the question mark !
https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-demarkcus-bowman-entering-transfer-portal

Last edited:
Sad,

I think you are right - Arch isn't going to be a Gator. His Loss !

Gators, under Mullen, didn't have the stones to get in the mix for 5* Players & never showed any serious interest with Arch & many others.

IMO way too late now to build any sort of relationship.

But, at least Billy is showing Gator Boosters & other recruits of this caliber, that once again, we consider ourselves a legitimate contender for their services !
would think you would be considered a contender only after you got some big time commits.....jim

Florida Gators RB Demarkcus Bowman Entering Transfer Portal​

Didn't expect this at all !

Wish him the best.

Perhaps a less crowded RB room will help us land Treyaun Webb.

If not, with Montrell Johnson, Lorenzo Linguard, Nay'Quan; Wright & Trevor Etienne, we have RBs who can 'tote the rock.'

Shannon Snell very high on Nay'Quan; predicted a break out year for him in his interview.

As always, the OL is the question mark !

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-demarkcus-bowman-entering-transfer-portal

Doesn't surprise me about Bowman as he is probably just a 3rd down specialty back in the SEC and not sure how good of a blocker he is.

Reactions: PacoGator19
would think you would be considered a contender only after you got some big time commits.....jim
Jimbo,

Agree !

Recruiting a totally different world since NIL. Coming in & rebuilding Gators while contending with the changes NIL is bringing is a difficult situation.

Napier has yet to coach a game with the Gators. Hopefully, we are smart enough to let things play out.

For everyone on this board who thinks "the sky is falling", consider this !

As Shannon Snell pointed out, Gators on their 4th HC since Mark Stoops has been at Kentucky.

How many people on this board would have predicted that when Stoops was hired ?

On November 27, 2012, Mark Stoops was hired as the head coach of the University of Kentucky football program.

Since then Gators have fired 4 head coaches & 3 interium head coaches -
Will Muschamp, D. J. Durkin, Jim McElwain, Randy Shannon, Dan Mullen, Greg Know, & Billy Napier.

Jeremy should have rehired SOS but Foley's ego got in the way !

KY smart enough to not over react & gave Stoops a chance. Look where they are now !

Last edited:
Jimbo,

Agree !

Recruiting a totally different world since NIL. Coming in & rebuilding Gators while contending with the changes NIL is bringing is a difficult situation.

Napier has yet to coach a game with the Gators. Hopefully, we are smart enough to let things play out.

For everyone on this board who thinks "the sky is falling", consider this !

As Shannon Snell pointed out, Gators on their 4th HC since Mark Stoops has been at Kentucky.

How many people on this board would have predicted that when Stoops was hired ?

On November 27, 2012, Mark Stoops was hired as the head coach of the University of Kentucky football program.

Since then Gators have fired 4 head coaches & 3 interium head coaches -
Will Muschamp, D. J. Durkin, Jim McElwain, Randy Shannon, Dan Mullen, Greg Know, & Billy Napier.

Jeremy should have rehired SOS but Foley's ego got in the way !

KY smart enough to not over react & gave Stoops a chance. Look where they are now !

Can't compare KY to us though. No way Stoops would have done good enough to still be here.

Can't compare KY to us though. No way Stoops would have done good enough to still be here.
Fever,

Don't look now, but no body else has done well enough to still be here either ! LOL

4 Gator Head Football Coaches since 2012 - 10 years !

Gator HC job not what it once was !

Napier has been here for 7 months; hasn't coached a game in BHG Stadium & allready we have "Fans" calling him out - how stupid.

He & his family are still trying to get moved in while "fans" & "boosters" have already started calling for his head because he can't out recruit Bama & UGA in his first 7 months of rebuilding the gators.

It has gotten so bad in Gainesville that Dawgs Dailey posted this on their front page -

Florida Football Head Coach Billy Napier Issues Open Letter to Fans​

After the Gators lost out on several of their top targets head coach Billy Napier issued an open letter to a upset fanbase.

Foley was a legend in his own mind, convinced he could make a 'Home Run' hire for the Head Coach of any sport UF played.

Foley was so smart, he wanted SOS to interview after the Redskins job blew up on Spurrier.

But after SOS & Urban, it has all been downhill. They should have fired Foley years ago. Instead they made him the AD Emeritus.

Gators have had more coaching turnover than any team in the SEC East except for Vandy.

People need to either chill out & give Napier a chance or else donate 20% of their total income to the gator collective so we can do NIL like aTm - except, wait aTm hasn't won any titles since they joined the SEC, so maybe recruiting titles arn't everything.

Last edited:
Fever,

Don't look now, but no body else has done well enough to still be here either ! LOL

4 Gator Head Football Coaches since 2012 - 10 years !

Gator HC job not what it once was !

Napier has been here for 7 months; hasn't coached a game in BHG Stadium & allready we have "Fans" calling him out - how stupid.

He & his family are still trying to get moved in while "fans" & "boosters" have already started calling for his head because he can't out recruit Bama & UGA in his first 7 months of rebuilding the gators.

It has gotten so bad in Gainesville that Dawgs Dailey posted this on their front page -

Florida Football Head Coach Billy Napier Issues Open Letter to Fans​

After the Gators lost out on several of their top targets head coach Billy Napier issued an open letter to a upset fanbase.

Foley was a legend in his own mind, convinced he could make a 'Home Run' hire for the Head Coach of any sport UF played.

Foley was so smart, he wanted SOS to interview after the Redskins job blew up on Spurrier.

But after SOS & Urban, it has all been downhill. They should have fired Foley years ago. Instead they made him the AD Emeritus.

Gators have had more coaching turnover than any team in the SEC East except for Vandy.

People need to either chill out & give Napier a chance or else donate 20% of their total income to the gator collective so we can do NIL like aTm - except, wait aTm hasn't won any titles since they joined the SEC, so maybe recruiting titles arn't everything.

Agree Napier shouldn't be called out on recruiting until we see where we land and if the other teams in front were beating us on NIL.

Actually that was Machen who already had made the decision in reality that said Spurrier could interview like anyone else. Foley might have repeated what he said but I don't remember but he had no choice on the matter if Meyer accepted. Trying to think what SEC coach in recent times has lasted on a true contender. Saban and ? I guess it looks like Smart is on track to but he has had crazy good recruiting also just like Saban.

EDIT
I often look over what I have posted & make changes in the hope that I can more accurately express my thoughts.

What I wrote above is closer to a rant than an intelligent post.

This column by David Wunderlich June 24, 2022 covers many of the same thoughts I had but he is a far more polished writer than I am.

Cut & paste would not do justice to his thoughts, so here is the link -
https://www.gatorcountry.com/featur...not-yet-showing-itself-to-be-a-quick-rebuild/

Most of that besides NIL is just fluff. I was getting on Napier myself for his attitude during his first class letting a few recruits leave too easily imo but he has really put in the work on this class despite what the final result is. I think that subtle shot at the big boosters that they aren't matching other schools was a good strategic move also. Maybe it will light a fire under a few of them at least by the 2024 class.

As far as the portal it worked out good on offense but we really needed a good D line player at minimum and didn't get one. Not sure if this was a weak year for that or if we just got outbid on the good ones.

Watch: Gators' Anthony Richardson Thrills Crowd at Manning Passing Academy​

Florida's Anthony Richardson put his deep ball on display at the Manning Passing Academy on Friday.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...hardson-thrills-crowd-manning-passing-academy

Click the link; Finally found the clip
Great throw; but unfortunately No Catch !

EDIT
As a counseler, what does AR-15 do? Any chance Archie, Peyton, or Eli give him a few tips ?

We all knew AR-15 had the arm strength; what, IMO, has been missing is the accuracy, & the mental ability to quickly pick out the best target.

AR-15 will be our starter & assuming he avoids injury, we will see if he deserves all the NFL hype he is getting.

I don't know if I want him to have a spectular season & then move on, or for him to have a decent season, get a big NIL check from Gators, & return. (This I Think !)

I worried that even if he has a lights out season, we will not have a great record because our team as a whole won't be ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: PacoGator19
Bowman is an excellent athlete, however, Bowman's ball security was not good.
MB - 5-9 192 So *****
TE -- 5-9 217 Fr ****
Some put too much emphasis on the individual stars imo.

And Fr will play this season that maybe some don't realize are as good as they are, (TE & MB) being my two favorites for now....

=====

From another perspective....
The "oohs" and "ahhs" heard in the clip were more than warranted, as they were in response to Richardson uncorking approximately an 80-yard throw from the 30-yard line into the back of the opposite endzone.

From the current UF 2022 roster:

RB Lorenzo Lingard 6-0 209 rsJr
RB Nay'Quan Wright 5-9 202 rsSo
RB Montrell Johnson 5-11 218 So
RB Trevor Etienne 5-9 217 Fr
---
RB Eddie Battle 6-1 218 rsSr - PWO
RB Dorneilus Barnes 6-0 171 rsFr - WO
RB Carlson Joseph 5-11 196 rsFr - WO
RB Marco Ortiz 5-11 185 Fr - WO
---
RB Demarkus Bowman 5-9 192 So -- In the portal, still on the roster.

==========

WR Jordan Pouncey 6-1 168 rsSr
WR Justin Shorter 6-4 223 rsJr
WR Ricky Pearsall 6-2 200 Jr - AzSt xfer
WR Trent Whittemore 6-3 206 rsSo
WR Ja'Markis Weston 6-3 212 rsSo
WR Thai Chiaokhiao-Bowman 6-2 190 So - JuCo xfer
WR Xzavier Henderson 6-3 195 So
WR Ja'Quavion Fraziars 6-4 212 So
WR Marcus Burke 6-4 183 rsFr
WR Kahleil Jackson 6-3 214 rsFr
WR Daejon Reynolds 6-2 204 rsFr
WR Taylor Spierto 5-11 205 rsFr
WR Caleb Douglas 6-3 191 Fr
-----
WR Justin Curtis 5-11 189 Sr - WO
WR William Sawyer 6-1 185 rsSo - WO
WR Daniel Cross 6-0 174 rsJr - WO
WR Alex Gonzalez 6-0 185 Fr - PWO

I list the WO's because you never know how someone will develop given time.
WR Chris Doering was a PWO....

And as expected, it's Miami.
Danny,

Everyone on this board knew what was up as soon as Ra$hada pushed his commitment date back.

We have 3 QB to work with -
AR-15 - an 80 yard throw means nothing unless its caught - or a PI penalty - LOL.

He still needs to make faster reads & actually hit the open receiver in stride & keep his running under control. Run too many times against a physical defensive team & the QB will pay a heavy price.

Jack Miller III, 13-for-23 for 121 yards and an end zone interception is a wasted scholly.

Wonder if Billy saved his receipt & can he get his money back ?

Don't waste any more time / energy / schollies on Transfer QBs !

Jalen Kitna & Max Brown; Kitna was ignored & Brown wasn't here - hopefully Billy, or whoever is actually coaching the QBs, will connect with them over the summer & help them to at least learn the offense.

Brown can run as well as throw so maybe we get something going there. Realize there are many doubters because of Max Brown's small school & low competition level.

BUT point to remember - Johnson County High School is the only public high school located in or near WRIGHTSVILLE, GA. It has 337 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1.
FWIW - Herschel turned out pretty good !

Last edited:
Yeah, have fun at Miami. It’s a joke the Canes are getting all this elite talent given the fact that Cristobal is an absolutely horrendous game day coach. Kyle Whittingham took a bunch of white boys from Utah and trashed his Oregon team twice last season.

What happens next within the Florida Gators quarterback room?

"...Though Stokes is currently committed to Penn State, an offer from UF could entice the Florida native, who just camped with the Gators for a 7-on-7 tournament this past week."
https://www.si.com/college/florida/...ts-miami-hurricanes-whats-next-florida-gators

Gators have never given him an offer. After Napier tried to "slow play" Stokes early on, No Way It Works Now ! Penn State a better team than the Gators right now; we are rebuilding & very slowly.

I understand why, they had their sights set on more "Statuesque" i.e. higher rated QBs, but didn't have enough time to develop any relationships with them or an NIL Checkbook big enough to make them overlook everything else.

Keeping up with the other establishe coaches & programs damn difficult. Napier needs to be able to show recruits that he can coach at the Power five level & WIN.

Most talented QBs start getting attention as sophomores; we were late to the party & got stood up.

We should just lick our wounds & work with the QB we have on roster.
We have no connection with the top rated QBs who are left.

Only possibility is a QB, here in Florida, who blows up in his Sr year who hasn't had 100s of coaches whispering in his ears for the past three years.

If possible, pay AR15 some serious NIL money to stick around for his SR year, don't screw up your QB Room with dead weight transfers & maybes.

I, like Insta, think Max Brown is the real deal. Work hard & start developing him now !

Rashada was at IMG as a Freshman & Miami was in on him then & Cristobal was in on him at Oregon before Napier came to Gators.

As Paco said, we did an amazing job with Rashada to get as close as we did.

We also need to craft a more effective NIL policy.

Last edited:
Reactions: LrgK9
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT