ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

Gators offer WMU DL transfer Braden Fisk to kick off portal season​

i

Braden Fiske has the size to play in the SEC. He stands at 6-foot-5-inches tall and weighs in around 300 pounds. As an interior defensive line guy that has also spent time on the edge, Fiske put together an impressive season at Western Michigan, collecting 58 total tackles (31 solo), 12 tackles for a loss and 6.0 sacks.

>ESPN Career Stats

The early interest in Fiske isn’t entirely unexpected. Although he isn’t a graduate transfer, Fiske was able to enter the portal before the Dec. 5 date because Western Michigan let go of its head coach.

Florida’s interest in him is unsurprising given his talent and size, but there’s also a need for a big man on the defensive line next season. Gervon Dexter could leave the team for the NFL, and Florida lacks depth up front.
https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/202...ecruiting-braden-fiske-transfer-portal-offer/

DEC 9th Will be EXPLOSIVE

4* Wharton (Tampa, Florida) DB Dijon Johnson sets multi-day OV the weekend of Dec. 9, the same day four other Gators commits have scheduled their official visits.

He’ll join fellow four-star defensive backs Ja'Keem Jackson and Sharif Denson, four-star linebacker Jaden Robinson and three-star wide receiver Tyree Patterson. That quintet will enjoy all the riches that come with a Florida official visit and help recruit four-star UCF defensive line commit John Walker and four-star undecided running back Mark Fletcher.

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/02/florida-football-recruiting-dijon-johnson-official-visit/

Reactions: PacoGator19
Ocala & Paco,

According to SI, Florida Gators redshirt sophomore running back Nay’Quan Wright announced his intentions to enter the transfer portal as a graduate student this offseason on Friday.

"...But best of luck to Nay'Quan for being a Gator and for showing class in the way he handled the situation."

Well said Ocala !

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-nayquan-wright-entering-transfer-portal

Division I will waive the annual signing and initial counter limits for the 2022-23 and 2023-24 academic years, allowing schools to provide aid based on the overall roster limit of 85 scholarships for FBS football programs.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2022/5/18...ing-initial-counter-limits-for-two-years.aspx

Napier said all along that he anticipated / wanted a large exodus of players; well he got what he wanted.

Don't know if he can find & recruit that many good ones; but when all these transfers settle down & we get our final exit numbers - 55 ?
We will have space for 30 new players.
Gonna likely have space for more than 30 new players when it is all said and done. We have a full recruiting class and then a good amount of transfer portal players to bring in. Thinking more along the lines of 35 new players.

Gonna likely have space for more than 30 new players when it is all said and done. We have a full recruiting class and then a good amount of transfer portal players to bring in. Thinking more along the lines of 35 new players.
If we can get 2-3 more elite players (top 50) and a few more role players - then the transfers in...turn around next year will be real.

That's a BIG ask but we're not that far off from an elite class right now. I kind of feel like we're right at that spring board spot...see if we can can close things out over these next 4 months or so.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Paco,

Your ears are MUCH better than mine !

Please keep us posted on what you hear !

Safety Donovan McMillon Entering Portal​

The bevy of portal entries continues for the Florida Gators as safety Donovan McMillon announced his intentions to enter the transfer portal on Dec. 5th. He is the 12th UF player to announce his decision to depart from the program this year.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...transfer-portal-tracker-2022-donovan-mcmillon

PacoGator19 said:

Thinking more along the lines of 35 new players.

The phrase - "Wait for it !" comes to mind.

For me, this has not been a great season. But in the words of Thomas Fuller 'the darkest hour is just before the dawn'.

To once again become "The mighty Gators" we must erase the "Talent Gap (Chasm !)" between us and UGA, Bama, LSU, & Tenn.

Billy has created the infrastructure & he & his staff are making major strides in recruiting.

We are ranked #9 in the Rivals Recruiting Class Rankings.
With last's year's disaster & our record this year - this is nothing short of a miracle.

D.J. Lagway, nation's No. 2 quarterback in 2024, recaps 'amazing' final USC Trojans visit as decision looms​

As soon as this news broke, Billy was on a plane to Texas to visit QB D J Lagway. With everything else on his plate right now, this was gut check time.

We are 6-6, & USCw will probably be in the CFP. I don't know how things will play out in Willis, Texas; frankly the odds are stacked against us.

Lincoln Riley developed 2 Heisman Trophy winners at Oklahoma - Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray & will likely have his 3rd Winner - Caleb Williams at USCw.

When you look at his stats, you can see why Riley KNIFED Oklahoma in the back to steal him.

Conscience (An awareness of morality in regard to one's behavior), what conscience ?

Riley took the $$$ & amputated his.

Through 12 starts before Friday's PAC12 Conference Championship game against Utah, Williams has 3,712 passing yards, 44 total touchdowns (34 passing, 10 rushing) and just three interceptions.

USC is 11-1 in his starts, with the only loss coming to Utah on Oct. 15 despite Williams’ five touchdown passes and zero interceptions.

I am a coward & if I bothered to respond, I would have delegated an Asst Coach to fly to Texas; Billy jumped on a plane to try to salvage the situation.

Don't know how it will work out, but I am proud to have a fighter like Billy Napier as our head coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicktheslick

This kid even has a cool name for a QB

Insta,

what about brown ?

Shouldn't they at least prepare him for QB2 ?

Just play all BN's 2022 Fr and X-fers in the 'It don't matter' bowl, filling in any gaps with some of the chumps that DM left behind. Caring has gone on vacation and might not return....

He could play the 2 WO QB's for all I care.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Officials are hoping the additional spots result in coaches steering their recruiting back to the high school level. Some coaches have stated publicly that they’re holding as many as half of their classes for transfers, adversely impacting high school and junior college recruiting.

“When you start looking at where we’re headed with the transfer portal, there are two ways of looking at it,” Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck told SI in the spring. “The first singing day is like the draft. The second part is free agency, and that’s the transfer portal. You’ll see less and less people signing 25 high school kids.”

Portal hunting comes at a cost, hurting overall numbers. Not only does a transfer punish his own school by leaving an empty scholarship spot, but he’s using one of the precious 25-signee spots at his new school despite, many times, not having a full four years of eligibility remaining.

That is just a few excerpts from the long article, so use the link if interested.

VINCENT CARROLL-JACKSON

Fast Rising 2023 OT Vincent Carroll has landed scholarship offers from both Florida and Georgia. Both of those SEC opportunities were delivered over the past 24 hours, while schools such as Rutgers, Ohio, Kent State, Buffalo and Central Michigan have offered as well.

Rivals lists him as a DT; the article calls him an OT. Assume that someone his size playing for a small school is probably a 2-way player.

With the possibility of taking 35 recruits - HS & Portal; Gators taking a flyer on him ?
https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-g...to-make-the-headlines-reels-in-florida-offer/

DB Corey Collier Jr. Entering Portal - WTF ?​

Some attrition is actually addition by subtraction - but in this case I don't think so !

Is he shopping his NIL $$$ or what ?

If this holds up - not a good sign !

Collier appeared in three games in 2022, playing primarily on special teams. He recorded his first career tackle against Eastern Washington in the season opener.

As a freshman in 2021, he played in two games and redshirted. Collier saw game action against Samford and made his collegiate debut in Week 6 vs. Vanderbilt, appearing on special teams.

Last edited:
Clemson DB Fred Davis to enter transfer portal
sharethis sharing button
Clemson junior cornerback Fred Davis announced on Sunday that he will enter the transfer portal.

"I’m officially entering the transfer portal on Dec 5th." Davis tweeted.

In 2022, Davis had 15 tackles, a fumble recovery, and two pass deflections.

While at Clemson, he had 34 tackles, including 1.5 for loss, a fumble recovery, and four pass breakups.

He was a four-star recruit in high school at Trinity Christian Academy in Jacksonville, FL.

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-football/news/clemson-db-fred-davis-to-enter-transfer-portal-41376

Clemson's Fred Davis II, Malcolm Greene sued over 2021 accident​

May need a change of scenery - perhaps G'ville.
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ed-davis-ii-malcolm-greene-sued-2021-accident

DB Corey Collier Jr. Entering Portal - WTF ?​

Some attrition is actually addition by subtraction - but in this case I don't think so !

Is he shopping his NIL $$$ or what ?

If this holds up - not a good sign !

Collier appeared in three games in 2022, playing primarily on special teams. He recorded his first career tackle against Eastern Washington in the season opener.

As a freshman in 2021, he played in two games and redshirted. Collier saw game action against Samford and made his collegiate debut in Week 6 vs. Vanderbilt, appearing on special teams.

Collier turned out to not be any good and could not crack our safety rotation which isn’t a good thing.

Last edited:
Ocala,
The more who leave; the quicker the rebuild.

The HS recruiting staff & Bird Sherrill, Director of College Personnel, will be working 24/7 for the next several months

Yep I have no issues with the kids leaving to try and find starting positions but we definitely need to get rid of the problem ones. This will basically be Napier's team next season except for the O line maybe which we don't seem to have problem cases there. A lot of youth with some good transfers mixed in hopefully.

Carroll-Jackson building a connection with the Florida Gators’ coaching staff​

Offensive lineman Vincent Carroll-Jackson (6-5, 285, Harrisburg, PA. Central Dauphin East) picked up the offer from Florida after talking to the Gators offensive line coaches.

“Coach [Rob] Sale and Coach [Darnell] Stapleton offered me on Saturday,” Carroll-Jackson said. “

The offensive lineman who’s playing football for the first time this year plays both offensive and defensive line, but the Gators see Carroll-Jackson helping them on offense.

https://www.gatorcountry.com/featur...ction-with-the-florida-gators-coaching-staff/

Reactions: Gator Fever
Need to get kids in that know how to win
To compensate for the 6-6 coaching??? 😉

The chaff is being removed,,,,
AND/OR
Players leaving a 6-6 sinking ship....

Some of both is most likely imo.
But either way, next year 6-6 BN loses the weak DM chaff excuse....
🤓

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT