ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

If Arch Manning wants to come to Florida, you have to take him - I'm glad Napier is willing to take a shot by going after every top player in the country, regardless of position or need - Absolutely !
I think he's trying to get a message out there that he's going to join the big boys in trying to attract the best talent no matter the obstacles. Good for him.
Ocala,

Don't see Arch going to a team like UF that is rebuilding, but if he does - cum on !

Agree with your thoughts on going after the top CFB talent 100%

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicktheslick
Stetson Bennett QB'ed Dawgs to a national title not because he was a great QB, but because they had all the other parts & pieces & because he was a good - not great - game manager.

Within our QB room we already have a QB at least as good as Bennett; what we don't have & desperately need are all the other parts.

When we get them we will shine !

Stetson Bennett QB'ed Dawgs to a national title not because he was a great QB, but because they had all the other parts & pieces & because he was a good - not great - game manager.

Within our QB room we already have a QB at least as good as Bennett; what we don't have & desperately need are all the other parts.

When we get them we will shine !

Still hoping Richardson with some starts under his belt can avoid injuries and become a real good QB. Need some young receivers to step up also.

According to recent reports from Inside Texas, Manning is expected to make his third visit to Austin to meet with Longhorns head coach Steve Sarkisian and the Texas program on March 24.

Initially, Manning’s top-five list included Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss and Texas. Earlier this month though, he reportedly dropped the Tigers from consideration and added consideration for LSU and Florida.

So far, he’s visited each of these programs (minus the Gators) at least once.

Even with NIL $$, recruiting is still based on relationships; Gators were not even a blip on Arch's radar until recently when Billy went to New Orleans.

Up until now, I would have said that another major problem is the Gators are rebuilding & are not a strong enough team to contend for SEC / National Titles.

BUT - Texas was 5-7 in 2021 & did not go to a bowl. So that may not be true.

What may be true & tie into this is the speculation that Texas will go on a Texas A&M type NIL$$ spending spree & that locking Arch down early will cement their class.

$1MM would be a great HS graduation present !

One thing that is certain is that if Arch signs with Texas, he will face competition in 5* Ohio State transfer Quinn Ewers.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/arch-manning-reportedly-taking-another-major-visit-next-month

Last edited:
According to recent reports from Inside Texas, Manning is expected to make his third visit to Austin to meet with Longhorns head coach Steve Sarkisian and the Texas program on March 24.

Initially, Manning’s top-five list included Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss and Texas. Earlier this month though, he reportedly dropped the Tigers from consideration and added consideration for LSU and Florida.

So far, he’s visited each of these programs (minus the Gators) at least once.

Even with NIL $$, recruiting is still based on relationships; Gators were not even a blip on Arch's radar until recently when Billy went to New Orleans.

Up until now, I would have said that another major problem is the Gators are rebuilding & are not a strong enough team to contend for SEC / National Titles.

BUT - Texas was 5-7 in 2021 & did not go to a bowl. So that may not be true.

What may be true & tie into this is the speculation that Texas will go on a Texas A&M type NIL$$ spending spree & that locking Arch down early will cement their class.

$1MM would be a great HS graduation present !

One thing that is certain is that if Arch signs with Texas, he will face competition in 5* Ohio State transfer Quinn Ewers.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/arch-manning-reportedly-taking-another-major-visit-next-month
I'm telling you Jeff, NIL $$$ will not be a deciding factor for Arch. His family is loaded. I know you said "he wants to make his own money", and while that is true, he doesn't have a needy family behind him who have all their hopes and dream of a better life riding on him. He is going to pick the school he thinks has the best chance of turning him into a top draft choice. His family having money means he doesn't have to grab at the first pile that comes his way. The money will come, and on the way he is going to make the choices that he thinks eventually maximize it. If he and family believe Texas is his best option, he will go there, not because they were the highest bidder, but because it's the best school for him.

I'm telling you Jeff, NIL $$$ will not be a deciding factor for Arch. His family is loaded. I know you said "he wants to make his own money", and while that is true, he doesn't have a needy family behind him who have all their hopes and dream of a better life riding on him. He is going to pick the school he thinks has the best chance of turning him into a top draft choice. His family having money means he doesn't have to grab at the first pile that comes his way. The money will come, and on the way he is going to make the choices that he thinks eventually maximize it. If he and family believe Texas is his best option, he will go there, not because they were the highest bidder, but because it's the best school for him.
Texas would mean NIL was a factor imo. Not A&M crazy quite yet but they are playing that game hard. Ole Miss would probably mean it was a low priority.

I'm telling you Jeff, NIL $$$ will not be a deciding factor for Arch. His family is loaded. I know you said "he wants to make his own money", and while that is true, he doesn't have a needy family behind him who have all their hopes and dream of a better life riding on him. He is going to pick the school he thinks has the best chance of turning him into a top draft choice. ... If he and family believe Texas is his best option, he will go there, not because they were the highest bidder, but because it's the best school for him.
LG89,
You could be right. I have no personal knowledge of Arch or his family; your comments seem to imply that you do.

IMO, the best way to prepare Arch & market him to the NFL is to have him go to a "contender" - a school in position to make it to the CFP & have Arch demonstrate excellent game management & QB skills.

Texas Head Coach Steve Sarkisian's overall coaching record is a mediocre 51-42. He was fired midway through the 2015 season by USC for his alleged behavior under the influence of alcohol while at work

Currently, he is 5-7 at Texas; & not exactly a coaching legend in the making.

Texas & Sarkisian compiled that record in the Big XII, a conference far worse - top to bottom - than the SEC.

IMO, when Texas & Oklahoma transition to the SEC, they will find themselves on a different planet when it comes to competing for a CFP berth.

At this time, there is no guarantee that Arch, especially as a true freshman, can put a team on his back & carry them.

Unlike UGA & Bennett, Texas does not have the overwhelming talent to surround Arch with. Arch & his family have too much football savvy to believe that one recruiting class (2023) will change that & give Texas' the ability to compete for a CFP berth.

At QB, there will competition no matter what team he chooses, & since Ewers, like UF transfer Jack Miller, lost the the OSU QB1 competition to C.J. Stroud, he may feel that he can beat Ewers out.

For all these reasons, Arch's reported 3rd trip & strong interest in Texas puzzles me. Why would he consider a mediocre coach & team that is rebuilding if not for the money ?

Last edited:
LG89,
You could be right. I have no personal knowledge of Arch or his family; your comments seem to imply that you do.

IMO, the best way to prepare Arch & market him to the NFL is to have him go to a "contender" - a school in position to make it to the CFP & have Arch demonstrate excellent game management & QB skills.

Texas Head Coach Steve Sarkisian's overall coaching record is a mediocre 51-42. He was fired midway through the 2015 season by USC for his alleged behavior under the influence of alcohol while at work

Texas & Sarkisian compiled that record in the Big XII, a conference far worse - top to bottom - than the SEC.

IMO, when Texas & Oklahoma transition to the SEC, they will find themselves on a different planet when it comes to competing for a CFP berth.

At this time, there is no guarantee that Arch, especially as a true freshman, can put a team on his back & carry them.

Unlike UGA & Bennett, Texas does not have the overwhelming talent to surround Arch with. Arch & his family have too much football savvy to believe that one recruiting class (2023) will change that & give Texas' the ability to compete for a CFP berth.

At QB, there will competition no matter what team he chooses, & since Ewers, like UF transfer Jack Miller, lost the the OSU QB1 competition to C.J. Stroud, he may feel that he can beat Ewers out.

For all these reasons, Arch's reported 3rd trip & strong interest in Texas puzzles me. Why would he consider a mediocre coach & team that is rebuilding if not for the money ?
Do you remember the 06's? Except for Brewer, they all came from money. They all came back for another year, to repeat, even though they would have all been high picks. They would have come back again for their senior year, except they had agreed to go as a group, and Brewer needed to take care of his family.

See, kids that come from money see things differently. Maybe Arch thinks Texas really is the best place for him, maybe he sees it as leading Texas into the SEC, which his family has such a long history with. Maybe he's just enjoying the recruiting process. I couldn't tell you. All I CAN tell you is kids that come from money have more options, and kids that come from a LOT of money tend to have professional advisors, so their decision making will be different.

Do you remember the 06's? Except for Brewer, they all came from money. They all came back for another year, to repeat, even though they would have all been high picks. They would have come back again for their senior year, except they had agreed to go as a group, and Brewer needed to take care of his family.

See, kids that come from money see things differently. Maybe Arch thinks Texas really is the best place for him, maybe he sees it as leading Texas into the SEC, which his family has such a long history with. Maybe he's just enjoying the recruiting process. I couldn't tell you. All I CAN tell you is kids that come from money have more options, and kids that come from a LOT of money tend to have professional advisors, so their decision making will be different.
I think they were known as the ‘04’s but get your point.

The 2022 QB from TX that flipped to OK due to the coaching change.

QB Nick Evers 6-4 190 **** - HS Sr 10 Gms:
181 of 327 for 2,366 yds, 55.4%, 13.1 Yds/Rec, 19 TD's, 8 Ints, QBR 87.5
Rush - 118 for 697 yds, 5.9 ypc, 10 TD's - 6 Fum, 4 lost.
Total Off - 3,063 yds, 28 TD's, 12 turnovers.
(expanded to match Brown's 14 games: 3,982 yds, 36 TD's, 16 turnovers)
The recruit ranking twits have him as a 4 star.
=====

The QB from OK that committed to UF to fill the open UF QB position.

QB Max Brown 6-3 200 *** - HS Sr 14 Gms
167 of 235 for 2,750 yds, 71.1% 11.7 Yds/Rec, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
Rush - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's - 1 Fum, 1 lost
Total Off - 4,093 Yds, 61 TD's, 5 turnovers.
The recruit ranking twits have him as a 3 star.
=====

The QB that everyone is recruiting for 2023

Arch Manning 6-2 170 ***** HS Jr 7 Gms:
115 of 186 for 1,371 yds, 61.8%, 11.9 Yds/Rec, 17 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 105.8
Rush - 33 for 310 Yds, 9.4 ypc, 5 TD's, 0 Fum
Total Off - 1,681 yds, 22 TD's, 4 turnovers.
(Expanded to match Brown's 14 games: 3,362 yds, 44 TD's, 8 turnovers)
The recruit ranking twits have him as a 5 star,
(but his last name has nothing to do with his rating....)
=====

Completion %
Evers 55.4%
Manning 61.8%
Brown 71.1%

TD's to Ints, Ratio & QBR
Evers 19 TD's, 8 Ints, 2.37 to 1 & 87.5 QBR
Manning 17 TD, 4 Ints, 4.25 to 1 & 105.8 QBR
Brown 41 TD's, 4 Ints, 10.25 to 1 & 142.6 QBR

Size comparisons for QB-DT:
Manning 6-2 170
Evers 6-4 190
Brown 6-3 200

Yds per Carry rushing:
Evers 5.9 ypc (697 Yds)
Brown 7.8 ypc (1,343 Yds)
Manning 9.4 ypc
(310 Yds)

I Expanded the Stats for Total Offense to match Brown's 14 Gms:

Evers (10) ---- 3,982 yds, 36 TD's, 16 turnovers)
Manning (7) - 3,362 yds, 44 TD's, 8 turnovers
Brown (14) --- 4,093 Yds, 61 TD's, 5 turnovers.

Given those 3 QB choices,,,
I'll take 3-star Brown every time, and let the Manning's go somewhere else....

Last edited:

=====

=====

=====

Completion %
Evers 55.4%
Manning 61.8%
Brown 71.1%

Manning 6-2 170
Evers 6-4 190
Brown 6-3 200

Yds per Carry rushing:
Evers 5.9 ypc
Brown 7.8 ypc
Manning 9.4 ypc

Brown (14) ---- 4,093 Yds, 61 TD's, 5 turnovers.

You can't go by pure stats, level of competition means something as well. Also, part of the evaluation is next level projection. Am I saying you are wrong? Not necessarily. Just that you are trying to make a conjecture without taking all relevant information into account.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

=====

=====

=====

Completion %
Evers 55.4%
Manning 61.8%
Brown 71.1%

Manning 6-2 170
Evers 6-4 190
Brown 6-3 200

Yds per Carry rushing:
Evers 5.9 ypc
Brown 7.8 ypc
Manning 9.4 ypc

Brown (14) ---- 4,093 Yds, 61 TD's, 5 turnovers.

I've got not problem with our QB room. If Manning wants to come, fine with me. No such thing as too much comp. If he doesn't want to come, fine with me too. I like where we are with QB.

Insta,

Like you & Country Gator; no problem with our current QB room & would rather add some "trench monsters" in lieu of Manning.

IMO, Billy taking a shot at Manning more for the boosters who will be asked to fund future NIL $$ than our need for him at QB.

Absolutely agree with Lizard Grad 89 -
"...You can't go by pure stats, level of competition means something as well."

"Also, part of the evaluation is next level projection."

LG89
What unbiased metrics do you use to calculate a player's next level projection ?

Guessing - For a QB -
His stats
Size / level of the competition his team plays in (8A vs 3A),
The games you won - did you beat teams with winning records
The won / loss record of all your opponents

Not sure what else you would use.

Is a last second, come from behind victory worth more than keeping your foot on your opponent's throat all game long ?

Does having the last name of Manning influences that projection ?

For the heck of it; I expanded Jalen Kitna's stats from 10 games to 14.

Brown hell on wheels running the ball.

Like Kyle Trask, Kitna's rushing stats anemic; but Trask played well for Gators.

Expanded Stats for Total Offense to match Brown's 14 Gms:

Brown (14) --- 4,093 Yds, 61 TD's, 5 turnovers

EDIT
A profile of Max Brown; 1st part OK; 2nd part rather bland.
https://insidethegators.com/s/3092/getting-to-know-quarterback-signee-max-brown

Jalen Kitna 3* HS SR - 6'4" 195 lbs current UF - 6'4" 205 lbs

GamesAttCmpYDSCmp %TDIntQB Rate
10-actual2631632516.620323128.4
14-expanded3682283521454.2

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jalen-kitna/2AbdKFVCEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/football/stats.htm

Last edited:
Insta,

Like you & Country Gator; no problem with our current QB room & would rather add some "trench monsters" in lieu of Manning.

IMO, Billy taking a shot at Manning more for the boosters who will be asked to fund future NIL $$ than our need for him at QB.

Absolutely agree with Lizard Grad 89 -
"...You can't go by pure stats, level of competition means something as well."

"Also, part of the evaluation is next level projection."

LG89
What unbiased metrics do you use to calculate a player's next level projection ?

Guessing - For a QB -
His stats
Size / level of the competition his team plays in (8A vs 3A),
The games you won - did you beat teams with winning records
The won / loss record of all your opponents

Not sure what else you would use.

Is a last second, come from behind victory worth more than keeping your foot on your opponent's throat all game long ?

Does having the last name of Manning influences that projection ?

For the heck of it; I expanded Jalen Kitna's stats from 10 games to 14.

Brown hell on wheels running the ball.

Like Kyle Trask, Kitna's rushing stats anemic; but Trask played well for Gators.

Expanded Stats for Total Offense to match Brown's 14 Gms:

Brown (14) --- 4,093 Yds, 61 TD's, 5 turnovers

EDIT
A profile of Max Brown; 1st part OK; 2nd part rather bland.
https://insidethegators.com/s/3092/getting-to-know-quarterback-signee-max-brown

Jalen Kitna 3* HS SR - 6'4" 195 lbs current UF - 6'4" 205 lbs

GamesAttCmpYDSCmp %TDIntQB Rate
10-actual2631632516.620323128.4
14-expanded3682283521454.2

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jalen-kitna/2AbdKFVCEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/football/stats.htm
I would say that part of next level would be raw physicality. He's big and strong and fast, but lacking in technique, so his stats aren't quite what they could be.

Another part would be genetics. By genetics, you look at the player's family. Is he 6-0 while his parents are 5-8 and 5-5? Or is he 6-0 when his parents are 6-6 and 5-11? Which player do you you think is more likely to grow into an NFL body?

These are areas you look at when trying to project next level results.

Jeff, I also liked the look of Kitna. It looks to me like it's a matter of if Nappy wants a mostly running QB, or a mostly passing QB, or the one that can do both the best???

Spring should give us a 'first look' at where each of them are at the moment, in the new offense.
Who picks up what Nap wants the quickest, and who can best lead the team.
As usual,,, we'll see soon enough....

The biggest battles in the Spring it seem to me, to be at QB and at CB.
May the best players win the jobs, with nobody going out inured in the off season practices,,, for a change.

Reactions: seffnergator
Looking through some other sites, I came across this -

Looks as though Billy may have a chance to sell the Gator program to more than one 5* QB.

Dante Moore is a five-star player and the No. 6 player in the country, per the 247Sports composite. The 6-foot-2-inch, 195-pound player is also rated as the No. 3 quarterback in the 2023 class.

Moore plans to be in Gainesville on March 18 as part of the Football Hotbed tour, along with several other talented prospects.

FWIW, Detroit only 43 miles from Ann Arbor & Univ Michigan.

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/25/florida-football-recruiting-dante-moore-visit/

https://247sports.com/player/dante-moore-46084709/

Last edited:
Reactions: instaGATOR
Looking through some other sites, I came across this -

Looks as though Billy may have a chance to sell the Gator program to more than one 5* QB.

Dante Moore is a five-star player and the No. 6 player in the country, per the 247Sports composite. The 6-foot-2-inch, 195-pound player is also rated as the No. 3 quarterback in the 2023 class.

Moore plans to be in Gainesville on March 18 as part of the Football Hotbed tour, along with several other talented prospects.

FWIW, Detroit only 43 miles from Ann Arbor & Univ Michigan.

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/25/florida-football-recruiting-dante-moore-visit/

https://247sports.com/player/dante-moore-46084709/
If he's from Detroit he will want to get as far from Detroit as possible.

I base this entirely on Robocop.

Can never have enough QBs. Look at what happened to LSU.

They had a great QB room with a talented 5th year senior (got injured then beaten out) Max Johnson, the kid who transferred from there to Auburn and took over for Bo Nix, and freshman Garret Nussmeier. Well...after a graduation and 2 transfers, they all of a sudden had just Nussmeier on scholarship.

From the iG, no stats, no ratings, no opinions, just the 8 roster QB's:

Emory Jones 6-2 201 rsJr - LaGrange, GA

Anthony Richardson 6-4 237 rsSo - Gainesville, FL
(had end of season ACL surgery in Dec)

Kyle Engel 6-0 190 rsSo - Ft Lauderdale, FL - STA

Jack Anders 6-1 203 rsSo - Germantown, MD

Jalen Kitna 6-4 205 rsFr - Tacoma, WA / Burleson, TX

Carlos Del Rio-Wilson 6-2 228 rsFr - Atlanta, GA

Jack Miller III 6-3 215 rsFr - Scottsdale, AZ

Max Brown 6-3 200 Fr - Tulsa, OK (summer)

For some opinions, go here -- Gators 2022 QB Outlook, per SI

It's worth noting that Napier has offered every player on the roster a clean slate to prove their worth moving forward instead of depending on film from 2021 or narratives that have been crafted previously regarding specific players.

"This staff has given each one of these players a new beginning, kind of a fresh start. I think it’s important our fans do that." -- Nappy

He probably just looked at the Gator's roster and decided he'd rather go where there's less competition to deal with. NBD imo....
itsatrap.jpg

Report: Florida makes top 6 for 5-star QB Arch Manning​

Five-star quarterback Arch Manning is reportedly down to six schools, which includes Florida, according to 247Sports. The other schools making up his top schools are Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Ole Miss and LSU.

Not sure what being in the Top Six means; surprised that people like Arch & his family would even bother to spin out such trivia.

Ole Miss & Gators will have to be successful - both on the field (W-L record) & in recruiting to have any chance to sign him.

Still don't think Arch will sign with any team that isn't a contender.

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/04/florida-football-recruiting-arch-manning-top-six/

Last edited:
Ole Miss = Uncle/Cousin Legacy + Lame Kittens offense

LSU = Where they now live

Bama = The best chum coming in on the tide!

FL/GA/TX = The also rans with no real chance imo....

• Haha
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Bama Bound
Tebow,

You have mentioned that before & could easily be right; just don't see him becoming a Gator.

Bama seems to be thin at QB.

For the 2022 season

BLAKE JARRETT - Soph - Walk on - Transfer from Vandy
JALEN MILROE - RS Fresh - 4*
TY SIMPSON - fresh - 4*
BRYCE YOUNG - JR - 5*
https://rolltide.com/sports/football/roster/2022

Young has already won a Heisman; if he has another good year he could easily jump to the NFL.

Even if Arch does Early Entry, Bama's QB room would be extremely thin & with little SEC experience.

Don't see Saban or any other coach if they can avoid it, starting a true Fresh at QB; would look for help in Transfer Portal.

Would not surprise me if Bama brought in a Transfer QB this year.

Recruiting players to transfer probably illegal, but already a fact of life IMO.

Last edited:
Tebow,

You have mentioned that before & could easily be right; just don't see him becoming a Gator.

Bama seems to be thin at QB.

For the 2022 season

BLAKE JARRETT - Soph - Walk on - Transfer from Vandy
JALEN MILROE - RS Fresh - 4*
TY SIMPSON - fresh - 4*
BRYCE YOUNG - JR - 5*
https://rolltide.com/sports/football/roster/2022

Young has already won a Heisman; if he has another good year he could easily jump to the NFL.

Even if Arch does Early Entry, Bama's QB room would be extremely thin & with little SEC experience.

Don't see Saban or any other coach if they can avoid it, starting a true Fresh at QB; would look for help in Transfer Portal.

Would not surprise me if Bama brought in a Transfer QB this year.

Recruiting players to transfer probably illegal, but already a fact of life IMO.
Manning will take over for Bryce Young next year

Manning will take over for Bryce Young next year
Tebow,

Agree it COULD happen, but don't think any HFC, much less Nick Saban, wants a true Fresh at the helm of a potential championship team.

Arch signing with Bama would not surprise me; barring injury, Saban appears to have a contender.

UGA showed that a decent game manager with reasonable experience could win a NC game - if all the other parts & pieces are in place, but doubt that is the first choice.

J T Daniels was supposed to be locked in & Stetson Bennett was just along for back up, but sh*t happened during the season & Bennett took over & won.

I think that Saban will come up with a more experienced QB somehow.

Last edited:

*** 2023 TOP RANKINGS From TOS ***

Five-star Arch Manning, five-star Malachi Nelson, and five-star Nicholaus Iamaleava go 1-2-3 in the Top247, while high four-star Dante Moore ascends into the top 10 at No. 8 overall. Manning has been No. 1 in the class since the November update.

"With Arch Manning, it's not just the last name," says Cooper Petagna, a National Recruiting Analyst for 247Sports. "This is a guy who can make every throw on the field. He's athletic, he's mobile, he can play off-platform and off-schedule and he only continues to get better as he develops."

https://247sports.com/Article/Colle...update-Arch-Manning-Malachi-Nelson-183676765/

Malachi Nelson - listed as a "Hard Commit" (if there is such a thing) to Lincoln Riley at USC. USC listed as having 11 QBs on its roster including Caleb Williams - transfer from Oklahoma.

Last edited:
LG89,

Well, look at the other schools he is considering. Ole miss isn’t exactly going to light the world on fire, and he’ll have to compete in the toughest division in football on a less loaded team. UF and LSU are new staffs, so you don’t know what you’re getting. Uga has shown not only no ability to develop QBs, but that they’ll sit a talented one in favor of a less talented one, and they are dropping back to earth. Alabama is Alabama. That leaves Texas. If he doesn’t go to Alabama, they have as much if not more tradition than any school he’s considering. And frankly, I think it would be amazing to live in a fun town like Austin and being that program back to prominence. He’s be a legend, and he would be establishing his own legacy. I don’t blame anyone for wanting to go to Texas if they aren’t going to UF. I think his worst decision is uga at this point. Anywhere else he has the chance to be a program changer. Other than Alabama, obviously, but I can’t blame anyone fir going there to other

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Not a single person I know in New Orleans, especially the ones with LSU and Isidore Newman educations, think LSU is even a consideration. It's a

For whatever reason, the Manning family does not like LSU, and never has.

Now that said, I would be shocked if he came to Florida.

Alabama does make the most sense but I'll be honest, there's something interesting about Texas.

Reactions: ih8f$u
I feel about this the same way I always feel about recruiting. I want the coach to get the guys he wants. I don't mean the guys he thinks he can get, but the guys he WANTS. If we have a schematic in place and guys identified that can fill the roles, I want us to get those guys. I don't care about stars, but saying that, I think that most of the guys he really wants are going to have lots of stars, so that works out.

Reactions: ih8f$u
Not a single person I know in New Orleans, especially the ones with LSU and Isidore Newman educations, think LSU is even a consideration. It's a

For whatever reason, the Manning family does not like LSU, and never has.

Now that said, I would be shocked if he came to Florida.

Alabama does make the most sense but I'll be honest, there's something interesting about Texas.
Danny,

With another year of recruiting for Arch, does Brian Kelly have a chance to change that ?

Close to home may not be a deal breaker; but nice for family to be able to just jump in the car & visit.

Spring practice still several weeks off & perhaps not much else to write about, but 1st & Ten & all the other sites are full of recruiting notes.

Gators have had over 30 highly regarded in-state visitors in the last week or so. Far more than Mullen ever seemed to have. Wonder if Billy will be able to keep this up & how many will show up for another visit or a home game ?

Last edited:
QB-pp 6-4 215
2021: As a junior, led New Orleans Isidore Newman to a 7-3 record and a Louisiana Division III state semifinal appearance.

Combined Fr/So/Jr 27 Gms, HS Stats:
Pass - 455 of 702 for 5,731 Yds, 64.8%, for 12.6 Yds/Rec, 72 TD's, 18 Ints.
Rush - 83 for 671 yds, 8.1 ypc, 17 TD's, 0 LPF's -- QBR 113.6
3 Yr Total Off. - 6,402 yds, 89 TD's, 18 TO's

=====

QB-dt Max Brown 6-3 200
2021: Oklahoma District 3-3A MVP as a senior.he led Tulsa Lincoln Christian to a 13-1 record and an Oklahoma 3A state runner-up finish.

His combined Jr/Sr 27 Gms, HS Stats:
Pass - 255 of 356, for 4,416 yds, 71.6% , for 17.3 Yds/Rec, 68 TD's, 10 Ints.
Rush - 327 for 2,335 yds, 7.1 ypc, 33 TD's,1 LPF -- QBR 141.3
2 Yr Total Off. - 6,751 Yds, 101 TD's, 11 TO's.

Bench 210, Squat 495, Clean 235

Holy Schite, go watch this kids Hudl highlights....

I'm beginning to get a feeling that Max might have a Trask arm with Tebow legs....

Last edited:
Reactions: TOJN_Gator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT