ADVERTISEMENT

Miami lost to GT

PacoGator19

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2006
and falls to 3-4 and in jeopardy of not even making a bowl game. Miami’s football program has fallen into an abyss and I’m not sure they will ever be good again. Manny Diaz is not a good head coach but that’s good for us.

Reactions: NavigatorII
That was about the most creative way I’ve seen a team find a way to lose a game. Of the 21 points GT scored in regulation 14 came off a fumble return and a fake punt. Then Miami had 3 FG’s either blocked or missed, all of em easy cheap points too.

It's very safe to say that Temple in 2018, like UF after the 2017 season, dodged a bullet when Manny Diaz bailed on Temple to become the coach at Miami.

It's very safe to say that Temple in 2018, like UF after the 2017 season, dodged a bullet when Manny Diaz bailed on Temple to become the coach at Miami.
Honestly I didn’t think the Diaz hire was a good hire for Miami but I’m glad they hired him.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
A bad hire for Miami/FSU is a good hire for Florida. Imagine us owning the recruiting in this state. It's a luxury Georgia/LSU enjoy, it sure would be nice.

Reactions: PacoGator19
and falls to 3-4 and in jeopardy of not even making a bowl game. Miami’s football program has fallen into an abyss and I’m not sure they will ever be good again. Manny Diaz is not a good head coach but that’s good for us.
They are in the toilet. Have no funding and the fans don't care really...IMO the last thing is the biggest issue. No support of that program. They have a gold mine of talent in the South part of the state.

Reactions: PacoGator19
A bad hire for Miami/FSU is a good hire for Florida. Imagine us owning the recruiting in this state. It's a luxury Georgia/LSU enjoy, it sure would be nice.
It's changing, when Mullen starts taking players from Bama, LSU, Clemson UGA...and Meyer isn't recruiting anymore for OSU...we're starting and have been winning those battles. We're going to be sick. FSU is battling with Wake Forest. lol

Right now I think Alabama and Georgia own the recruiting in this state. We get ahead of them and whoo, we are going to be tough.

{Sigh} And Clemson.

This is why we can't get any 5 stars. Too many carpetbaggers coming in and taking our best. We need to put up a fence at the state line. We do that and we will be right up there with the Bamas and Clemsons, at least until FSU gets their act back together.

Right now I think Alabama and Georgia own the recruiting in this state. We get ahead of them and whoo, we are going to be tough.
I agree, I think part of the problem is a lot of our high schools are populated with kids from other states that didn't grow up being a Florida fan. People don't flock to Georgia or Alabama, most of those kids are natives of that state.We need to cultivate a strong lineage of Florida legacy players. Ohio State takes quite a few Florida guys too.

Even with all that said, there are more than enough guys to stockpile our roster. Improving our football facilities will help.

I agree, I think part of the problem is a lot of our high schools are populated with kids from other states that didn't grow up being a Florida fan. People don't flock to Georgia or Alabama, most of those kids are natives of that state. There isn't a strong lineage of Florida legacy players. Ohio State takes quite a few Florida guys too.

Even with all that said, there are more than enough guys to stockpile our roster. Improving our football facilities will help.

I would say this was more true 20-30 years ago. But Florida has a large native population now. Which admittedly is still growing, but not at the rate it once was. Besides, kids are kids. You move them here at 10 and at 18 it's the same as if they were natives. This is their home, this is what they know. It's the flash (and the cash) that is pulling them away now.

Hoping the change coming from California will at least allow the teams following the rules to have better rules that give them a fair chance on the recruiting trail.

{Sigh} And Clemson.

This is why we can't get any 5 stars. Too many carpetbaggers coming in and taking our best. We need to put up a fence at the state line. We do that and we will be right up there with the Bamas and Clemsons, at least until FSU gets their act back together.
We will get ours and the more that we win big games Bama, Clemson and UGA won't be dipping into our talent pool in FL as much. Kids are looking at UF...just think 2 seasons ago we were the laughing stock of the country and now we are top 10 for the 2nd year in a row. We'll see how the rest of the season goes but I haven't been this excited in years and it's a complete 180 degree turn around. Mullen deserves all the credit in the world right now.

So, does UF make their own State Champ rings, or just take FSU's away from them in the post game? :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT