ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis has a real situation of police brutality:

What boggles my mind is that they did that crap knowing they wore body cams. One person doing it, I'd chalk up to a mentally loose cannon. 5 of them? WTF were they thinking? :oops:

They were undisciplined and imo trying to one up each other in a game of machismo.

Also, the more archaic form of law enforcement that I mentioned earlier shows laziness and perhaps low intellect. It requires hard work and intelligence to make a case that will stick and result in a prosecution. It requires neither to beat someone's arse.

Not every cop belongs in blue. Sorry that’s a fact.

True and fair but that's true in every profession. It's just less critical with librarians and cashiers.

I think the hiring process and police academies are doing a BETTER job of weeding some of these people out. However, most are weeded out by the rest of us on the job.

In healthy departments that are run by professionals who GAS, these types don't make it. In dysfunctional departments they can, obviously.

I agree with the news shows that it was a complete lack of humanity. Cops probably got pissed that he escaped from them and they couldnt get a set of hand cuffs on him. Took it out on him when they recaught him- sad.

"On the house" ass whippings are common. You do get that 5 officers wearing bodycams beat a suspect to death. You think that's a one off occurrence? I'd be willing to bet every one of those officers has used excessive force before.

What happened here is someone died. 20 years ago nobody would have heard about it.

"It's never happened to me so it's never happened" is an argument utterly devoid of logic.

Remind me how many years you were a LEO or a person of color.
I could not disagree more. The common denominator is that blacks RESIST ARREST. 95% of these start out by the person refusing to comply. Now before everyone wants to jump on me(I fo not really give a chit if you do) I am NOT trying to justify this brutality because they resisted...just saying in a HUGE majority of these, if the person would just do what they are told, it would never have escalated

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
I agree with the news shows that it was a complete lack of humanity. Cops probably got pissed that he escaped from them and they couldnt get a set of hand cuffs on him. Took it out on him when they recaught him- sad.

Probably some truth to the escape (fleeing) part.

As for the handcuff part, they could have handcuffed him at any point, easily. They chose not to. Why? Because striking a handcuffed subject is an automatic, no brainer way to end up in prison. Every cop knows that.

Ironically one of them ends up hitting him after he was handcuffed anyway. 🤦‍♂️

True and fair but that's true in every profession. It's just less critical with librarians and cashiers.

I think the hiring process and police academies are doing a BETTER job of weeding some of these people out. However, most are weeded out by the rest of us on the job.

In healthy departments that are run by professionals who GAS, these types don't make it. In dysfunctional departments they can, obviously.
And as I said above, this is a product of running off the BEST people because they get low pay for what they are actually doing, especially when lib DA's just let the criminals back out on the street, and the bad press police get from the lib media

And as I said above, this is a product of running off the BEST people because they get low pay for what they are actually doing, especially when lib DA's just let the criminals back out on the street, and the bad press police get from the lib media

We've certainly lost some great people due to pay but most of the best stay because it is a calling. We find other ways to make ends meet. Almost everyone of us has a side hustle.

Also, when we do end up losing one of our really good guys, the VAST majority end up coming back within a year or two because they miss it. Like I said, it's their calling.

It would be great if we were better compensated and I personally think that would help from a mental health standpoint. Our side hustles take up a lot of our free time and it would be nice if they had more time with their families to recoup and recover.

Then again, idle hands and stuff...and a few probably don't want to spend more time with the Mrs.

Reactions: EvilWayz
I could not disagree more. The common denominator is that blacks RESIST ARREST. 95% of these start out by the person refusing to comply. Now before everyone wants to jump on me(I fo not really give a chit if you do) I am NOT trying to justify this brutality because they resisted...just saying in a HUGE majority of these, if the person would just do what they are told, it would never have escalated
Poor people with active warrants or two strikes run/resist most often in my experience. I don't care to speculate on the racial breakdown of that.

I'm curious if you have a source for that 95% statistic.

Reactions: goldmom
Poor people with active warrants or two strikes run/resist most often in my experience. I don't care to speculate on the racial breakdown of that.

I'm curious if you have a source for that 95% statistic.
I have never seen any where they were not complying...have you? Always resisting

Just a devil's advocate question here:

We don't hold the truly corrupt politicians and bureaucrats accountable, even when it goes to the 'Traitors to their Sacred Oaths of Office' levels, so why should a few murderous cops have to take the load of resentment alone?

Corrupt Politicians send citizens to war (for money & power) and get them killed in the thousands with zero blow-back, ie... the Afghanistan exit from war Debacle is just the latest....

My response is to hang them all for their atrocities against humanity...

Last edited:
  • Love
I have never seen any where they were not complying...have you? Always resisting
You can't disprove a negative. Plus, responding officers are always going to say they were resisting and suspects are always going to say they were sitting on a park bench reading the bible to the blind. I personally was taught at the academy and in annual recertification training to advise the suspect not to resist while placing them in restraints and taking them into custody.

And I've known more than a few officers who will use "stop resisting" as a cya. In the age of dashcams and bodycams this doesn't work as often.

It does happen whether it gets reported or not, just like officers using excessive force because felt like it or suspects showing up at the jail with injuries they didn't have before.

The time of them getting away with it seems to be passing.

Preachers, lawyers, and cops are ALL bad, right up until you need one to save your ass.... (this fact does nothing to excuse the evil ones in those groups)
Hypocrisy is not new, nor is it rare among the humans that I've had to deal with in my long life....

"Eternal vigilance is the price we pay for liberty."

This quotation was well-known in the nineteenth century, and was in fact used by a number of famous figures, including Frederick Douglass, James Buchanan, and William Henry Harrison. It can be traced back, ultimately, to John Philpot Curran's statement, "The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt."

• Love

We don't hold the truly corrupt politicians and bureaucrats accountable, even when it goes to the 'Traitors to their Sacred Oaths of Office' levels, so why should a few murderous cops have to take the load of resentment alone?

Corrupt Politicians send citizens to war (for money & power) and get them killed in the thousands with zero blow-back, ie... the Afghanistan exit from war Debacle is just the latest....

My response is to hang them all for their atrocities against humanity...
Right, their sins are equally as bad but we ignore them.

Because they are untouchable, too big to fail.

There was a time when cops were too. The town my ex lives in has three police officers. If that department was corrupt your only option would be to move.

Hell it took whistleblowers from inside the department to take down Waldo PD.

Until the citizenry is willing to start dragging politicians from their offices and stringing them up from the nearest tall object I don't see that happening. And they know that. How else could a know nothing idiot who's been in politics longer than I have been alive be filthy rich when he's never had an actual job? And he's one of many.

There was a time when cops were too. The town my ex lives in has three police officers. If that department was corrupt your only option would be to move.

Until the citizenry is willing to start dragging politicians from their offices and stringing them up from the nearest tall object I don't see that happening. And they know that. How else could a know nothing idiot who's been in politics longer than I have been alive be filthy rich when he's never had an actual job? And he's one of many.
Got a story for you. In Clay County, (this was 30 years ago), a guy I knew who lived there had a waitress he was "friendly with". A Clay County DS found out and got jealous as hell, and stalked him for quite a while. He followed him to a watering hole and pulled him over for DUI when he left the bar. I think you know who represented him after our discussion a few days ago. Lawyer kicked that cops ass in court. Of course the great D.R.ain't cheap and never was. 😂

Reactions: EvilWayz

Didn't they completely disband the Waldo Police Department about a decade ago? Lawtey is bad news as well.

You can't disprove a negative. Plus, responding officers are always going to say they were resisting and suspects are always going to say they were sitting on a park bench reading the bible to the blind. I personally was taught at the academy and in annual recertification training to advise the suspect not to resist while placing them in restraints and taking them into custody.

And I've known more than a few officers who will use "stop resisting" as a cya. In the age of dashcams and bodycams this doesn't work as often.

It does happen whether it gets reported or not, just like officers using excessive force because felt like it or suspects showing up at the jail with injuries they didn't have before.

The time of them getting away with it seems to be passing.
This is a good thing. I do not agree with brutality, but I also believe that when a LEO gives you an order, your best choice is to comply, and work out the details later

Got a story for you. In Clay County, (this was 30 years ago), a guy I knew who lived there had a waitress he was "friendly with". A Clay County DS found out and got jealous as hell, and stalked him for quite a while. He followed him to a watering hole and pulled him over for DUI when he left the bar. I think you know who represented him after our discussion a few days ago. Lawyer kicked that cops ass in court. Of course the great D.R.ain't cheap and never was. 😂
He hates cops and the feeling is mutual.

He hates cops and the feeling is mutual.
A side note............I'm no saint. D.R. represented me years later for the Jax Beach retard abomination. Success. My 9 years younger wife who lived in Clay County at the time got a referral from me. Success! We making that guy a rich MFer! :oops:😂

The entire world does we need to fight against tyranny and massive government power and overreach into our lives

Defund the police and rebuild

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Those guys usually end up "working" vice. ;)
miami-vice-smile.gif

Reactions: NavigatorII

And this Department was not run by a professional who GAS. I believe she was run out of ATL.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Man I used to love that show. Glenn Frey was on one episode after they wrote "Smuggler's Blues"
Great song for sure.

Was my favorite show on tv back when it was on, looked forward to Thursday nights at 10pm for each new episode. Now I have a couple of seasons on DVD.
Loved the first couple of seasons, then it started to get a darker vibe (lighting) and began to make it way too much about Crockett.

So many people guest starred on that show it's crazy, Dennis Farina, Bill Russell, Bruce Willis just to name a few.

Reactions: NavigatorII
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT