ADVERTISEMENT

Mavis Tire

NYCapple

Chomp Artist
Nov 19, 2012
Watch out. I took our van there last week, and the guys really tried to sell us everything else in the place.
I guess the guy there is just trying to do his job.
Finally I had to say "look, just please put four all weather matched tires, or two matched sets on the front and back! We are a charitable group. We cant spend all this money!"

Its an older van we use for chores and for carrying groups.
We have actually been to a few outings in it too.

Its not worth too much of an investment.

Watch out. I took our van there last week, and the guys really tried to sell us everything else in the place.
Finally I had to say "look, just please put four all weather matched tires, or two matched sets on the front and back! We are a charitable group. We cant spend all this money!"

is this van white? Does it supply candy?

Let me help you crapple. No one gives a fvck what you do with your family vehicle on a Sunday

It’s not a family vehicle, for your info.
Its used by a Church. Thats fine.. You can save the language.

Last edited:

I can actually relate to your problem with Mavis. Back when they were Sun Tire, there was a manager at one of the locations in Jax whom I trusted with my F150 for first few years I owned my truck. Sometime a year later, he not only leaves the company, he left the auto business altogether.
Although he left the company, I still took my truck to Mavis for an oil change months ago and they call me telling me I need front struts and rear shocks, and told me it would be $1300. Of course I held off on both but after I drove my truck off their parking lot, I noticed something felt loose on my steering wheel tie rod and also heard a loud humming on my front right wheel area. Turns out Mavis apparently loosened my tie rod and effed up both of my front wheel hubs after having my sons mechanic examine my truck.
I ended up having my sons mechanic(has an auto shop in his backyard on 3 acres of land) work on several other problems on my truck which ended up costing me less than $700. Turns out I don't need struts and and shocks anytime soon.

Last edited:
I can actually relate to your problem with Mavis. Back when they were Sun Tire, there was a manager at one of the locations in Jax whom I trusted with my F150 for first few years I owned my truck. Sometime a year later, he not only leaves the company, he left the auto business altogether.
Although he left the company, I still took my truck to Mavis for an oil change months ago and they call me telling me I need front struts and rear shocks, and told me it would be $1300. Of course I held off on both but after I drove my truck off their parking lot, I noticed something felt loose on my steering wheel tie rod and also heard a loud humming on my front right wheel area. Turns out Mavis apparently loosened my tie rod and effed up both of my front wheel hubs after having my sons mechanic examine my truck.
I ended up having my sons mechanic(has an auto shop in his backyard on 3 acres of land) work on several other problems on my truck which ended up costing me less than $700. Turns out I don't need struts and and shocks anytime soon.
Interesting. We just won’t be revisiting there anymore.
Reading some of the reviews we just think it’s time to move on

Interesting. We just won’t be revisiting there anymore.
Reading some of the reviews we just think it’s time to move on
I gave up on Goodyear and Tires Plus after they tried pulling the same crap on me when Tires Plus tried to sell me new bearings on my rear wheels for $600, which I never needed. That's why I've been going to the same shop my son has been doing business with for a year.

Same here. Sun Tire used to have a sign that they weren't on commission and it seemed to be true. Sometimes they'd recommend stuff but not every time. Once they switched to Mavis, they started recommending multiple 'critical' services every time including struts that I had replaced the previous year. Unfortunately, I still have a lifetime rotation policy there so I have to go put up with them for that.

If you don't mind me asking, what shop do you use?

Sounds like your sons mechanic took u for a ride and colluded with Mavis.

• Haha
Reactions: gatordad3
Same here. Sun Tire used to have a sign that they weren't on commission and it seemed to be true. Sometimes they'd recommend stuff but not every time. Once they switched to Mavis, they started recommending multiple 'critical' services every time including struts that I had replaced the previous year. Unfortunately, I still have a lifetime rotation policy there so I have to go put up with them for that.

If you don't mind me asking, what shop do you use?
It's a one man shop, called MasterTech in Jax. I used to go to a shop called DiMaggio's. The guy has been running that business for decades. Now that his son has taken over, he's been almost doubling what the old man charged his longtime customers.

My bad, Mastertech is located in Baldwin, FL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT