ADVERTISEMENT

Mark my word - house flippers will NOT regret their decisions

you have to change term limits with a amendment to the constitution.

Zero chance though I wonder what would happen if this somehow got to the SC again. I doubt they would take up a case again but if they did they may allow the individual states to do it with their own state but that wouldn't solve much since the lefty states would never do it. I guess it might help with a Mitch McConnell type Republican situation in the future though.

Fl5L2EdXkAASuIu

That was a funny one.

you have to change term limits with a amendment to the constitution.
Is fever being obtuse again? That's why I had to band him, I have no patience for that.

Focusing on term limits is massive cause it gets the ball rolling down that path.

Is it likely to happen in the next 2 years? Absolutely not. May never happen, but you have to start somewhere.

Smart people get that. The obtuse do not.

Is fever being obtuse again? That's why I had to band him, I have no patience for that.

Focusing on term limits is massive cause it gets the ball rolling down that path.

Is it likely to happen in the next 2 years? Absolutely not. May never happen, but you have to start somewhere.

Smart people get that. The obtuse do not.

Ghost is being an idiot just like his magic fantasyland nonsense about Durham arresting the big FBI crooks.

The USSC already has a ruling that says:

" State imposition of term limits for congressional service would effect such a fundamental change in the constitutional framework that it must come through a constitutional amendment properly passed under the procedures set forth in Article V.”

If Congress passed anything the minority conservatives said previously in the minority that Congress can't do that on their own that it would take an amendment to the Constitution - that only the individual states have that power for their own state's US politicians.

So this is just a show unless they passed something specifically saying only the individual states can do it to get it back in front of the SC to see if they would even look at it. Only in fantasyland can the US Congress do anything to put term limits on it.

If Ghost wants we can do a ban bet on anything changing (like I offered and he refused) on the Durham stuff which he told me I was full of it.

Ghost is being an idiot just like his magic fantasyland nonsense about Durham arresting the big FBI crooks.

The USSC already has a ruling that says:

" State imposition of term limits for congressional service would effect such a fundamental change in the constitutional framework that it must come through a constitutional amendment properly passed under the procedures set forth in Article V.”

If Congress passed anything the minority conservatives said previously in the minority that Congress can't do that on their own that it would take an amendment to the Constitution - that only the individual states have that power for their own state's US politicians.

So this is just a show unless they passed something specifically saying only the individual states can do it to get it back in front of the SC to see if they would even look at it. Only in fantasyland can the US Congress do anything to put term limits on it.

If Ghost wants we can do a ban bet on anything changing (like I offered and he refused) on the Durham stuff which he told me I was full of it.
You two need to get a room. You’re both right.

It’s not going to happen with a bill passing Congress…but at the same time taking the vote gets the issue back to the forefront and may get the ball rolling either state by state or on a larger scale.

If no one does anything it’s certainly DOA.

You two need to get a room. You’re both right.

It’s not going to happen with a bill passing Congress…but at the same time taking the vote gets the issue back to the forefront and may get the ball rolling either state by state or on a larger scale.

If no one does anything it’s certainly DOA.

A state could do it again now but the courts would just say the SC already ruled on it. Now if Reps had all 3 they might could try and pass a bill worded some way for the SC to consider the state issue again if so inclined but a bill saying there are term limits on all members would be a non starter when both legal views have already said that would take an amendment of the Constitution. It bugs me politicians pushing things they know are dead on arrival basically just to score points.

A state could do it again now but the courts would just say the SC already ruled on it. Now if Reps had all 3 they might could try and pass a bill worded some way for the SC to consider the state issue again if so inclined but a bill saying there are term limits on all members would be a non starter when both legal views have already said that would take an amendment of the Constitution. It bugs me politicians pushing things they know are dead on arrival basically just to score points.
It’s about chipping away at the issue. Again, the ball has to get rolling somehow.

You call it “scoring points” and I agree - it’s 100% showing your constituents that you’re doing anything and everything you can to support their priorities. Even if it’s step 1 of 100 to getting that done. It’ll likely take a convention of the states and a real amendment…which is a massive lift. Perhaps the SC turns it over to the states, but that’s not that big of a deal because CA would still let Pelosi insider trade until she was Bill Gates rich.

But starting with a house vote is how our system is supposed to work. Elected representatives doing their best to support their constituent’s priorities.

It’s about chipping away at the issue. Again, the ball has to get rolling somehow.

You call it “scoring points” and I agree - it’s 100% showing your constituents that you’re doing anything and everything you can to support their priorities. Even if it’s step 1 of 100 to getting that done. It’ll likely take a convention of the states and a real amendment…which is a massive lift. Perhaps the SC turns it over to the states, but that’s not that big of a deal because CA would still let Pelosi insider trade until she was Bill Gates rich.

But starting with a house vote is how our system is supposed to work. Elected representatives doing their best to support their constituent’s priorities.
Some people simply cannot see past their own nose.

The people that can't stand the way Trump acts are the ones that can't see that without Trump, yesterday doesn't happen.

The people that are furious that a swamp rat was voted Speaker yesterday can't see that the Freedom Caucus (and by extension Donald Trump) really run the House now.

The people that are furious that NOTHING IS BEING DONE can't see that EVERYTHING is being done.

As you said, now the process is started.

A day ago, it wasn't. Those of us that can see past our own nose understand that is called 'progress'.

Some people simply cannot see past their own nose.

The people that can't stand the way Trump acts are the ones that can't see that without Trump, yesterday doesn't happen.

The people that are furious that a swamp rat was voted Speaker yesterday can't see that the Freedom Caucus (and by extension Donald Trump) really run the House now.

The people that are furious that NOTHING IS BEING DONE can't see that EVERYTHING is being done.

As you said, now the process is started.

A day ago, it wasn't. Those of us that can see past our own nose understand that is called 'progress'.

Some people can't admit they are wrong on anything and fall for fairytales basically and make total fools of themselves like you. By the way I guess Durham will be arresting them any minute and we will have an amendment for term limits right after the election in 2024. Here is another one for you - the DOJ will arrest these FBI crooks after the coming "Church Style" hearings and referrals to the DOJ...lol. I look forward to you enlightening us on that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT