ADVERTISEMENT

Marco I think you’ll regret going pro...

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
What does he think that his tape from this year is good? He’ll be a late round pick if at all. Many a player regrets going early and you can add him to the list next year.

Did the NFL project him a high round draft pick?

Just looked up his 2020 stats:

29 tackles, NO Interceptions and 4 passes defended. A good year and it could make him a ton of money but, with these numbers he better run a 4.4 at the combine/pro day at U.F.

Last edited:
It is best for him to go. He was never the same player since his knee injury.
Your logic? Best to go Pro as he’s not as good since his injury? Shouldn’t he stay and continue to rehab and get stronger and hope for a year with better stats? Going to the draft will be worthless unless he kills it at the combined IF INVITED or at U.F.’s Pro Day.

He had a terrible year... constantly getting beat and out of position. Looked like a Freshman out there a lot. Biggest disappointment on defense this year IMO. Oh yeah and the shoe incident...

Reactions: BSC911
He had a terrible year... constantly getting beat and out of position. Looked like a Freshman out there a lot. Biggest disappointment on defense this year IMO. Oh yeah and the shoe incident...

He has competition for that billet imo:
Star T.Dean, and the Sr safeties.

Todd Grantham - DC and DL
Ron English - Safeties (I'd give him another year, Co-V & time to get his own recruits on the field)

PS
With one more year, Marco was not likely to improve on his accuracy or distance when shoe throwing....
😇

Your logic? Best to go Pro as he’s not as good since his injury? Shouldn’t he stay and continue to rehab and get stronger and hope for a year with better stats? Going to the draft will be worthless unless he kills it at the combined IF INVITED or at U.F.’s Pro Day.

No - because he's fully rehabed. He's just not good lol like we thought he might be a couple of years ago.

He’s fully rehabbed. He is who he is. He isn’t as good as before the injury. Whether it is physical or mental or both.

Reactions: instaGATOR
A lot is on Grantham...not sure he's a terrible coach but our defense hasn't been good this year. We were much better the previous 2. I think everyone is hoping for a change though.
He’s not bad with scheming, just can’t coach is what I meant.

so how about this.

Muschamp ran a very complicated scheme and it took time to learn.
But you'd see them get better.

motion, adjustments pre snap depending on the offensive adjustment.

but they werealmost always in the right place and played with confidence.

this defense looks like it wants to do the same thing, but looks confused and out of place all the time.

so how about this.

Muschamp ran a very complicated scheme and it took time to learn.
But you'd see them get better.

motion, adjustments pre snap depending on the offensive adjustment.

but they werealmost always in the right place and played with confidence.

this defense looks like it wants to do the same thing, but looks confused and out of place all the time.
Yep. Georgia D was exactly the same under him.

Reactions: grant79
3 years into his defense our players shouldn't be playing the way that they are. Player development is lacking...that's 100% on the coaches. Our defense is the worst I've seen in my life and I've been watching Gator football since I was 10-12.

What does he think that his tape from this year is good? He’ll be a late round pick if at all. Many a player regrets going early and you can add him to the list next year.

Did the NFL project him a high round draft pick?

Just looked up his 2020 stats:

29 tackles, NO Interceptions and 4 passes defended. A good year and it could make him a ton of money but, with these numbers he better run a 4.4 at the combine/pro day at U.F.
Let him go for God sake!

Two things here.

1. it's possible he's been thinking about this all year and (overvaluing himself) has kind of mailed it in mentally since the season started.

2. pretty sure after the shoe he knew he had to move on.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Can't coach and never gets any better is the claim.

1. Players from the 18-19 classes that are now in the NFL don't agree with the 'outsiders' biased claims. Ask them, or read what they've said about Grantham upon their leaving the program... 🤓

2. 2018 took over a McLame cluster and produced the #9 Defense in the nation.
2019 still with McLame's recruits as the starters, the #7 Defense in the nation.
(never improves the defense???) :rolleyes:

3. 2020 the Communist Red Chinese Kung Flu, resulting in no Spring or off season conditioning.
The Jr's and Sr's are still the McLame recruits.

4. IF the defense sucks in 2021, and if the Co-V restriction are gone, then I might be on board with Todd's removal and replacement. Until then, I'm still on board and waiting to see how his recruits do next season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT