ADVERTISEMENT

Mann, Locke, Glover Gone - Who's Next?

ocalaman

Bull Gator
Sep 4, 2002
Tre Mann is entering the NBA draft. This morning Ques Glover announced he's entering the Transfer Portal and now this afternoon Noah Locke says he's doing the same thing. We have 1 recruit in the 2021 signing class. So Major Inconsistency will be going shopping in the Transfer Portal himself to try to fill gaps in the team for next year. Not looking good, folks!

Tre Mann is entering the NBA draft. This morning Ques Glover announced he's entering the Transfer Portal and now this afternoon Noah Locke says he's doing the same thing. We have 1 recruit in the 2021 signing class. So Major Inconsistency will be going shopping in the Transfer Portal himself to try to fill gaps in the team for next year. Not looking good, folks!
Crazy how many players are entering the transfer portal. I guess we will see who White is able to get there.

Reactions: icenole
I get Glover leaving, but Locke is an absolute mystery??? Something must not be right inside the program.

Social media has ruined us...

why can’t we all just try to find hope and try to look for positives anymore?

sadgator understands a fair amount of venting and bitching about being disappointed when warranted, but sometimes where we are headed as humans just bums sadgator out...
I consider myself and optimist and usually give the Gators the benefit of the doubt on most things. But I feel like I’m pretty fair when it comes to some things as well and I said it a few years ago (on that thread about White to Ole Miss). He’s just a very average coach in recruiting and X’s and O’s and UF can and should be able to do much better. I’ve seen no development from him as a coach in 6 years. I like the guy and he seems to have a good personality and just a likeable guy as well but I don’t like him as a basketball coach and that is what we are paying him to be.

I consider myself and optimist and usually give the Gators the benefit of the doubt on most things. But I feel like I’m pretty fair when it comes to some things as well and I said it a few years ago (on that thread about White to Ole Miss). He’s just a very average coach in recruiting and X’s and O’s and UF can and should be able to do much better. I’ve seen no development from him as a coach in 6 years. I like the guy and he seems to have a good personality and just a likeable guy as well but I don’t like him as a basketball coach and that is what we are paying him to be.
Guy lost his BEST player and still made the tourney? Who do you want then? You obviously don’t know much about the history of Gator Basketball. And you say WE are paying him? You personally? Look at his stats and compare them to Donovan’s during the same time frame. And did you say the same when Billy D. Had a LOSING RECORD and left Florida after his last year?

Guy lost his BEST player and still made the tourney? Who do you want then? You obviously don’t know much about the history of Gator Basketball. And you say WE are paying him? You personally? Look at his stats and compare them to Donovan’s during the same time frame. And did you say the same when Billy D. Had a LOSING RECORD and left Florida after his last year?
Your joking right? Your comparing White and Donovan’s resume’s?

I don't disagree with your first statement. But comparing him to Billy D's first 6 years, plus each of their starting points is simply silly.

Social media has ruined us...

why can’t we all just try to find hope and try to look for positives anymore?

sadgator understands a fair amount of venting and bitching about being disappointed when warranted, but sometimes where we are headed as humans just bums sadgator out...

I think White has had it easy in a lot of ways as the heat hasn't really been turned up on him in a big way by the media and the masses until his game collapses late this season.

I know Florida may have a couple of tough seasons transitioning after he willingly departs or is ran off but UF became a place you could excel in basketball long term starting in the late 80s just like football did in the early 80s. I know Kruger cried about losing out on Vince Carter when he left but except for a few of the blue bloods getting some players Florida could keep good talent around by that point and we all saw what Donovan was able to do as a young coach here.

It is going to be something to watch if White gets enough out of the portal to have a regular season in the area of this one next season but heads into the tournament blowing a bunch of late season games again.

OMG, Gators lose 3 guards with no one to replace them....
😚

Reality vs Perception

Gator B-Ball for the 2021-22 season:

PG Tyree Appleby 6-1 170 Sr
CG/SF Scottie Lewis 6-5 189 Jr
PG Jack May 6-4 175 rsFr - W-O former Gator coaches son

SG Niels Lane 6-5 206 So
SG Alex Klatsky 6-4 185 rsFr W-O Lewis HS teammate
SG Kowacie Reeves 6-6 170 Fr

SF Keyontae Johnson 6-5 229 rsJr -- returns???
SF Samson Ruzhentsev 6-7 192 So

PF Anthony Duruji 6-7 220 Sr
PF Osayi Osifo 6-7 225 Sr

PF/C Colin Castleton 6-11 231 Sr
PF/C Omar Payne 6-10 230 Jr
C Jason Jitoboh 6-11 285 Jr

With room for 2 more recruits or xfer-ins

So,,, the sky is falling, the sky is falling....

OMG, Gators lose 3 guards with no one to replace them....
😚

Reality vs Perception

Gator B-Ball for the 2021-22 season:

PG Tyree Appleby 6-1 170 Sr
CG/SF Scottie Lewis 6-5 189 Jr
PG Jack May 6-4 175 rsFr - W-O former Gator coaches son

SG Niels Lane 6-5 206 So
SG Alex Klatsky 6-4 185 rsFr W-O Lewis HS teammate
SG Kowacie Reeves 6-6 170 Fr

SF Keyontae Johnson 6-5 229 rsJr -- returns???
SF Samson Ruzhentsev 6-7 192 So

PF Anthony Duruji 6-7 220 Sr
PF Osayi Osifo 6-7 225 Sr

PF/C Colin Castleton 6-11 231 Sr
PF/C Omar Payne 6-10 230 Jr
C Jason Jitoboh 6-11 285 Jr

With room for 2 more recruits or xfer-ins

So,,, the sky is falling, the sky is falling....

I think we are in a little trouble if he was to miss out on landing one of the better guards in the portal. Reeves wont be ready to excel in his 1st season imo and Lewis is still struggling big time with his long range shooting keeping him from playing good and entering the draft.

Reactions: gatordad3
I'd trust Appleby much more if he wasn't being so sloppy handling the ball the same way Matt Walsh did for UF.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Maybe if coach White didn’t throw his players under the bus at post game press conferences they wouldn’t be leaving.
Maybe they are getting tired of Coach White claiming they are tired all the time now when he is asked why we went to extended slow down mode when we had control of the game.

Reactions: masgator64
Could be that Coach Mincey had more a connection with some of the players than White. I'm expecting a couple of more defections before it's all said and done.

Reactions: Gator Fever
You know what could help with that?

Coaching.
The better coaches demand valuing possession of the ball and bench players who continually turn it over. The assist to turnover ration has been horrible and is, to me, the primary reason our record isn't better than it has been.

Reactions: gatordad3
We have essentially entered an era of college BB free agency.....

Yep its crazy this year. I wonder how its going to effect recruiting at some places when the recruits see these coaches using a bunch of transfers to fill starting spots.

College BB is a real mess right now..... frankly it’s slowly but surely turning into an unwatchable sh!t show. The high body count passing through the transfer portal is but a key symptom or indicator of the problem. AAU ball, shoe companies, etc have changed the game... and not in a good way.
Wait till the full effect of it happens in football once players can get paid legally! Always hated the under table pay happening, but it might ruin the game, we will see.

Scottie Lewis was an elite defender and an amazing athlete. His strength is driving to the basket not taking three pointers. He is so quick in the paint and can shoot with either hand. His abilities have been wasted. In fairness though he gets into early foul trouble to often. He need some discipline on the defense side (coaching).

I'm really wondering what he's going to do as well. Such a highly touted recruit out of high school. A huge 5 star by everybody's rating, #8 overall high school player in the nation by Rivals, #7 by 247Sports. What happened?
Yep he is one of the few ones that actually hurt his status with his play unlike many other top ones who didn't play great their limited time in college. Not sure what all the issues are but I think his poor 3 point shooting is probably the biggest red flag to NBA teams.

Paco mentioned this on another thread, but Omar Payne just entered the transfer portal after supposedly telling Mike White he would return for next season. Who's next to bail?
Anything that forces White out is fine with me. He's too soft. Lived his whole life with a silver spoon in his mouth and it shows in everything he does. The players don't respect him.

Paco mentioned this on another thread, but Omar Payne just entered the transfer portal after supposedly telling Mike White he would return for next season. Who's next to bail?

I suspect he saw the exodus and looked at the roster returning and decided he didn't want to play for a lame duck coach about to go 10-18 in his final season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT