ADVERTISEMENT

Lol Callaway will never get it.

Easily the dumbest player I’ve ever seen. Right up there with Josh Gordon. Ironic they’re on the same team.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
If pot was legal, this wouldn’t be a problem...

Just sayin’...

Does.

Not.

Matter.

It IS illegal for him to do in the NFL. They're willing to pay him a LOT of money. Give a him a valuable roster spot that THOUSANDS of other people would want.

He can't control himself. That slips into a lot of other places in life, including your professionalism.

If my boss told me, that because he doesn't believe in drinking, that he didn't want anyone in his company to drink, I would have one of two options.

1) Not drink

2) Find another job.

I would think it's ridiculous that he ask me that as long as I don't show up to work drunk, severely hungover, or obviously drink on the job, but if that were his prerogative, he has every right to require it.

I would have a serious issue with it and if he couldn't be talked out of it, I would take up some standing job offers I have, so not a HUGE deal.

But Calloway can't keep himself out of trouble. He can't commit himself to a team, he commits to himself in EVERYTHING.

He's proven nothing, so far in his life, other than he's a super talented **** up.

And here he is again. Can't stay clean with hundreds of thousands and millions of dollars on the line.

Grow up.

It's like sad's boss telling him that he can't masturbate anymore.

Game over man.

He needs to hire a handler or he’ll be living under a bridge soon

And @sadgator if you haven't read the article...he was pulled over at 3am on Sunday morning for a traffic violation and then they found a small amount of weed under his seat WHILE driving on a suspended license.

And you probably forgot that, once again, he failed the "how much do you want this job" test when he tested positive at the freaking combine.

You know, where EVERYBODY knows they're getting tested, and he STILL got high?

It's a problem.

You've got yours, we've got ours, and everyone else has theirs. Until college coaches quit giving guys like this multiple do-overs, we'll keep reading these sorts of stories. But because winning is the primary goal, I fully expect these stories to keep coming.

If pot was legal, this wouldn’t be a problem...

Just sayin’...

It would be tho. It impairs your judgement. Hence the rape and fraud and other stuff he didnt get caught for.... Dont legalize weed becuz people cant help themselves...it hurts our youth and people who are addicted like callaway

You've got yours, we've got ours, and everyone else has theirs. Until college coaches quit giving guys like this multiple do-overs, we'll keep reading these sorts of stories. But because winning is the primary goal, I fully expect these stories to keep coming.

Not on the coaches. People eff up at an early age and assuming it’s not some violent crime a second chance is probably the right move. But this dummy has had like 5 chances now. And to top it all off he was supposedly changed because he just had s daughter and needed to provide. And here he is again. At some point somebody with any brains would say to themselves maybe I need to change something. Not him apparently.

Total moron! Not only can he not quit smoking weed, but he isn’t even smart enough to just get stoned at home and not drive around with it. What a freaking idiot! This kid will not last more than 3 years in the NFL and he’ll be bankrupt in less than 10. Maybe way less.

It's like sad's boss telling him that he can't masturbate anymore.

21985326-will-work-for-food-depressed-man-in-dirty-wear-sitting-on-stairs-and-holding-poster.jpg

He is an idiot for sure. He knows it is illegal in Ohio and is forbidden by his employer. But the whole cannabis possession should not be illegal. If you think it is addictive then you must think Netflix and a good book are addictive. I guess college football is addictive too. Should those be illegal?

Total moron! Not only can he not quit smoking weed, but he isn’t even smart enough to just get stoned at home and not drive around with it. What a freaking idiot! This kid will not last more than 3 years in the NFL and he’ll be bankrupt in less than 10. Maybe way less.

I agree he should be allowed to get stoned at home. The only problem is the NFL follows the lead of USADA which still rates cannabis as a performance enhancing drug - it isn't.

THC metabolites can stay in your system for weeks. So he could be stone cold sober and still test positive. It is an unfair and unjust system.

But yeah, knowing the consequences of his actions, he's a moron.

Second chances are one thing, multiple chances are another. In my opinion, the penalties for first offenses should be much tougher if the coaches really want to get these guys' attention.

I agree he should be allowed to get stoned at home. The only problem is the NFL follows the lead of USADA which still rates cannabis as a performance enhancing drug - it isn't.

THC metabolites can stay in your system for weeks. So he could be stone cold sober and still test positive. It is an unfair and unjust system.

It's the CBD in marijuana that makes it classified as a performance enhancing drug for it's ability to aid in faster recovery times from injury or workout, not the THC. It is predicted that separating CBD and THC as different compounds will be discussed during negotiations when the next collective bargaining agreement expires in 2020. The NCAA currently does not have CBD on the list of banned substances however it does have the disclaimer “Any substance that is chemically related to one of the above classes, even if it is not listed as an example, is also banned!” which would make CBD prohibited.

Reactions: bradleygator
It's the CBD in marijuana that makes it classified as a performance enhancing drug for it's ability to aid in faster recovery times from injury or workout, not the THC. It is predicted that separating CBD and THC as different compounds will be discussed during negotiations when the next collective bargaining agreement expires in 2020. The NCAA currently does not have CBD on the list of banned substances however it does have the disclaimer “Any substance that is chemically related to one of the above classes, even if it is not listed as an example, is also banned!” which would make CBD prohibited.

CBD and THC are two different things.

CBD has anti-inflammatory properties, much like over the counter NSAID medications (aspirin, ibuprofen) that are legal. CBD doesn't get you high which is presumably why it isn't banned by USADA or WADA. The NCAA powers that be are jackasses. We should all be thankful they aren't in charge of anything important. https://reason.com/blog/2018/05/29/ncaa-bans-football-player-because-he-use

It is the THC which is considered the problem in the real world. People high on THC don't gain an unfair advantage in athletic events - unless it is the hot dog eating contest on July 4th. They don't rape people. They don't rob people either. They chill out and get the munchies before falling asleep.

Calloway should be able to get high all he wants to. If he shows up to work stoned his employer should be able to take whatever measures are deemed appropriate. But I don't think that is what happened here. He was driving on a suspended license with weed in the car.

http://www.ncaa.org/2018-19-ncaa-banned-drugs-list

https://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/wada-2018-prohibited-list-en.pdf

Potato alert!

His excuse: that he hadn’t driven the car in a while but someone else did and left weed in there, is starting to look more and more reasonable to the Cleveland staff.

Reactions: sadgator and oozie7
His excuse: that he hadn’t driven the car in a while but someone else did and left weed in there, is starting to look more and more reasonable to the Cleveland staff.

Yea....and the crag legs stole jameis from publix....not the other way around

CBD and THC are two different things.

CBD has anti-inflammatory properties, much like over the counter NSAID medications (aspirin, ibuprofen) that are legal. CBD doesn't get you high which is presumably why it isn't banned by USADA or WADA. The NCAA powers that be are jackasses. We should all be thankful they aren't in charge of anything important. https://reason.com/blog/2018/05/29/ncaa-bans-football-player-because-he-use

It is the THC which is considered the problem in the real world. People high on THC don't gain an unfair advantage in athletic events - unless it is the hot dog eating contest on July 4th. They don't rape people. They don't rob people either. They chill out and get the munchies before falling asleep.

Calloway should be able to get high all he wants to. If he shows up to work stoned his employer should be able to take whatever measures are deemed appropriate. But I don't think that is what happened here. He was driving on a suspended license with weed in the car.

http://www.ncaa.org/2018-19-ncaa-banned-drugs-list

https://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/wada-2018-prohibited-list-en.pdf

You seemed not to know why it was a banned substance. I was just explaining why it is and when it is projected to be discussed and possibly changed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT