ADVERTISEMENT

***Live From Media Day***

Originally posted by Thomas Goldkamp:
DT Sharrif Floyd - "I came in in the spring and I weighed 330. My goal was to come in and weigh 302. What I did was stop eating grease."

Said he got all the way down to 294, but is back to 302 now because he's holding some excess water weight for fall practice.

nice..

CB Jeremy Brown spoke extensively about his adjustments since the injury. He talked a whole lot about his family. I'll have a feature on that later, but here's some of what he said:

"That's probably one of the biggest things that motivates me is my family. Every time you get a chance to go out there, this could be your ticket to help your family. That's always something that drives you."

Originally posted by shortcbaseballa:

Meyer said punt return right now is Rainey and Ja. Jenkins. Kick return is Demps and Rainey.

Meyer must be playing NCAA 2011 with that KR team

roll.gif

CB Jeremy Brown spoke extensively about his adjustments since the injury. He talked a whole lot about his family. I'll have a feature on that later, but here's some of what he said:

"That's probably one of the biggest things that motivates me is my family. Every time you get a chance to go out there, this could be your ticket to help your family. That's always something that drives you."

Hopefully we did a decent job for you guys with the live thread today. That was my first time doing the live blogging type stuff, so it was a bit of a learning experience. Really makes you appreciate what Keith has been doing at the practices and events we've covered in the last few months.

Still, I've got a ton of great stuff to come in the next few days. If you all have any questions for me about anything we heard today, feel free to ask away.

Re: ***Live From Media Day*** (FIFY)

CB Cody Riggs - "I want to contribute to the team however I can, whether its defense or special teams. I just want to help us win CHAMPIONSHIPS!!."

smilie2.gif

This post was edited on 8/10 3:22 PM by plaerjay

CB Cody Riggs - "I want to contribute to the team however I can, whether its defense or special teams. I just want to help us win a championship."

Great attitude. Did I mention how excited I am for these freshmen to be at Florida?

Re: ***Live From Media Day*** (FIFY)

Originally posted by plaerjay:
CB Cody Riggs - "I want to contribute to the team however I can, whether its defense or special teams. I just want to help us win CHAMPIONSHIPS!!."

smilie2.gif

This post was edited on 8/10 3:22 PM by plaerjay

I see what you did there...

BTW, I'm amazed at how well-spoken most of these players are. Some very nice, smart, genuinely personable kids.

Braysmith, its not about "play scared" its about taking that extra punishment on the body. Extra chance to get hurt

In a perfect world we would like to have a guy back their that is good, but not someone we depend on as a starter. Thats all.

One noticeable absence today was WR Carl Moore. I know Mike Hodge was looking for him. I'll have to double-check with Keith and Andrew, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't there.

Gators QB John Brantley has sought the advice of several ex-Gator QBs, including Kerwin Bell, Chris Leak, Tim Tebow, Shane Mattews and Doug Johnson-

Just an interesting observation. Both freshman cornerbacks Josh Shaw and Cody Riggs were there to talk to the media... Jaylen Watkins (to the best of my knowledge) was not.

Sometimes classes or study halls force players to miss Media Day (and sometimes Media sessions in general).

Originally posted by Mark Wheeler:
Sometimes classes or study halls force players to miss Media Day (and sometimes Media sessions in general).

Good point, although class isn't in session right now.

Originally posted by Keith Niebuhr:
Gators QB John Brantley has sought the advice of several ex-Gator QBs, including Kerwin Bell, Chris Leak, Tim Tebow, Shane Mattews and Doug Johnson-

nice...

Big ups to Thomas. I don't have that juggling a phone and a recorder thing down yet like he does, or Keith. Thanks to Mark for posting my texts. One thing, that was McCarney who agreed with a question that the last 6 months made Meyer a better coach. McCarney was taking questions in another part of the room while Addazio was at the podium.

I'm working on an Andre Debose article. I will have the full quote of "blessing in disguise" and some other stuff from Andre.

Also, Andre said he still carries the ball. So Azzanni receivers (Rainey, Debose) definitely still get a few carries. I guess this means the Harvin comparisons will get revived too.

Janoris Jenkins talked about keeping his eye out for girls who try to get with the football players just because they're football players. Said the coaches tell them to look out for those girls.

John Brantley has seen tapes of his dad, who was a QB here in the late 70s ...

"He tries to talk like he's better than me. ... We'll see."

I've seen Duke Lemmens three times in the past month. Each time he was carrying a jug of water with him. This guy is serious about getting into the best possible shape.

To a man, all of his teammates said today this guy will not lose his starting job without a fight. In fact, .... most believe he won't lose it all all

Lemmens has a huge responsibility in that FOX role... I just do not see it... got to love the kids leadership by example and determination however...

Originally posted by randymoss06:
Lemmens has a huge responsibility in that FOX role... I just do not see it... got to love the kids leadership by example and determination however...
Me too.

I just have it in my mind that if Lemmens is a starter at DE, we've got problems.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Jeremy Brown said the freshmen at Florida get better every year.

"Riggs, Shaw, Watkins - Florida fans should be excited about those guys. They're better than I was as a freshman."

Great to hear since the word was Jeremy was outplaying J Jenkins before he got hurt his freshman year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT