ADVERTISEMENT

Line is now 16, how can he not start…

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
A.R.15? I see Emory coming in, two handoffs for about 3 yards and then a sack on 3rd down. Bama then scores 3 plays 70 yards for a 7-0 lead. Next series he throws on 1st Down snd it’s picked for another 6 and it’s 14-0 Bama.

Start the kid Dan!!! It’s his pride that he groomed E.J. for a few years and now he has lost all confidence. He will be grilled by us after Saturday!!

I can live with him not starting him as long as he makes the switch before we are down too much if Jones is struggling.

• Haha
Reactions: 2blades
Fever & Shime,

See your points & would be stronger in my agreement if not for AR's hammie.

Writing this on Tuesday, so for me a very unclear picture of how bad the injury actually is - Mullen is always very reticent on health issues so as a non-insider I have no clue.

Remember the DL who was held out for 4 games at the start of last season & how Mullen refused to say anything - not quite the same as I don't think that was injury related, but you get the point; I never did know why he was kept out.

The other problem is that hamstring injuries take a while to fully heal & playing on them prematurely can aggraviate them more seriously.

I hate to say this - but even if AR was 100%, I'm not sure we beat Bama - defensive backfield & OL don't measure up.

IMO, keeping the score close & earning a moral victory against Bama - because AR plays, versus having AR our for 5-6 games or longer because he reinjures himself is not a good move !

I've had a hammy pull, and while I've never been in AR's physical shape in my entire lifetime, it does take time for a hammy to recover. I was very sore for over a month, and it was 10-12 weeks before I felt close to back to normal. I could still walk around and do normal stuff, but I couldn't do anything athletic that would put a strain on it or it felt like I was being stabbed with a dull butcher knife. A groin pull is just as nasty in my experience. In my early 40's, I finally figured out that I wasn't in my 20's any longer....

Let's all hope that it's not a bad sprain and that he recovers quickly.
I don't think that Dan or any of the staff would risk AR's season health, just to have him play vs UA.
=====

The hamstrings are a collection of three muscles located in the back of the thigh that are responsible for bending, or flexing, the knee.

A grade 1 strain describes fibers that are stretched but not torn.

A grade 2
strain occurs if there is a partial tear of some of the muscle or tendon fibers.

A grade 3 strain describes the rare situation where there is complete tear or rupture of the muscle or tendon.

There can be worsening of the severity of a hamstring pull if strenuous activity is attempted before the muscle has fully healed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Fever
Hamstrings are wildly unpredictable. He could be fine by tomorrow and just need to nurse it a little the next few days or he could be completely Out for the game because it's still messed up.

I just plan on watching the game as a foregone conclusion of the results.

granted, I know that's not what's going to happen because I've literally never done that.

But it's a nice thought.

I can live with him not starting him as long as he makes the switch before we are down too much if Jones is struggling.
Hell Jones struggled against two cupcakes, he will get crushed from The Tide. If Jones stays in a full half bet he has four INT`s before half time.

Hell Jones struggled against two cupcakes, he will get crushed from The Tide. If Jones stays in a full half bet he has four INT`s before half time.

Well I hope it isn't that bad. I am worried a few bad things may happen.

A.R.15? I see Emory coming in, two handoffs for about 3 yards and then a sack on 3rd down. Bama then scores 3 plays 70 yards for a 7-0 lead. Next series he throws on 1st Down snd it’s picked for another 6 and it’s 14-0 Bama.

Start the kid Dan!!! It’s his pride that he groomed E.J. for a few years and now he has lost all confidence. He will be grilled by us after Saturday!!
So since the line is 16. We should start AR that has a hamstring strain and then we might lose him for the rest of the year? Jesus christ. For a game that literally doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things. The posters on this boad.

Reactions: instaGATOR
So since the line is 16. We should start AR that has a hamstring strain and then we might lose him for the rest of the year? Jesus christ. For a game that literally doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things. The posters on this boad.
Yes, well, I have a thread where I said to rest him, so maybe don't tar everybody with the same brush.

I guess it's a good thing that these bleating whiners weren't around when Danny Wonderful threw 4 Int's in one game....

I think that John Reeves still holds the UF record with 9 Ints in one game....
😨

==========

So, removing the 2 Int/Gm stat, how has Emory performed in general at QB?

Passing - 31 of 49 (63.3%) for 264 Yds, 8.5 Yds/Rec, 2 TD's L-35.

Ruahing - 23 for 164 Yds, 6.7 YPC, 1 TD, L-33

And Emory knows the entire offense for the game plan, not just in for a few selected and prepped plays....

Anthony is the better athlete imo, but for right now, Emory is the better prepared choice as the starter. "Both will play in every game." -- Dan

Last edited:
I guess it's a good thing that these bleating whiners weren't around when Danny Wonderful threw 4 Int's in one game....

I think that John Reeves still holds the UF record with 9 Ints in one game....
😨

lol Trying to compare what Jones has looked like passing so far to Danny. Danny showed he had that overall it factor at the beginning that Dean didn't have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT