ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

Florida announces a Billy Napier staff salary pool of $6.35 million, 3 coordinators at $1M

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ry-pool-of-6-35-million-3-coordinators-at-1m/

Offense coordinator Rob Sale and co-defensive coordinators Sean Spencer and Patrick Toney will make seven-figure salaries, according to reports of contracts the Gators shared Friday.

Napier and the Gators spent $6.325 million of a $7.5 million pool for his 10 on-field assistants. Strength and conditioning coach Mark Hocke will make $750,000. Off the field, Florida gave Napier another $5 million pool to hire his support staff.

Here’s a breakdown of the rest of the assistants:

Cornerbacks coach Corey Raymond $725,000
Outside linebackers coach Mike Peterson $550,000
Wide receivers coach Keary Colbert $500,000
Running backs coach Jabbar Juluke $450,000
Inside linebackers coach Jay Bateman $425,000
Tight ends coach William Peagler $425,000
Offensive line coach Darnell Stapleton $250,000 - WTF

Napier’s salary is $7.1 million and increases by $100,000 each year. The compensation also includes common perks, such as the use of two luxury cars, a suite for football games and personal use of the University Athletic Association’s jets. He also has the potential to make more than $1.5 million in annual bonuses, including $1 million for winning a national championship.

A bonus I would be delighted to pay !

Hell, just win the SEC & get the Gators into the CFP !

Jeff from Jax said:

Rashada's Recruitment - was there malpractice, if not outright​

I am NOT an "Insider" & don't know how accurate these statements are; perhaps they are like Trump's allegations of Election fraud - unproven & unprovable.
Just stick to football Jeff, because you are obviously not competent to talk politics concerning the already proven stolen election...

If you'd like to discuss your 'stolen election' ignorance further, then come to the 'Parking Lot' and we can do so there....
🤓

PS
OJ didn't kill anyone, and Epstein really committed suicide...
🙄

Last edited:
A nice pickup. Might be a real good one after some bulking up.

How many players you can get about this kids overall ranking and a little lower tells how the staff is at recruiting probably since they can't demand much NIL.

Last edited:
POLL / DISCUSS

Would you rather be on a recruit's top two list & not get the Commit or be ignored & not even be in contention ?

The Florida Gators will miss out on offensive lineman Francis Mauigoa as he makes the Independence Day pledge to the Miami Hurricanes.

Not all is lost at all within Florida's recruiting efforts, though. The program has already landed pledges from Mauigoa's teammate, Knijeah Harris along with OL Bryce Lovett (Rockledge, Fla).

The program still has plenty of paths to take with its offensive line, too. Recently, the Gators made a top-teams list for OL Tyree Adams (St. Augustine, La.) and are likely to continue to be on some of the nation's best top teams lists. Another top target, OT Payton Kirkland (Dr. Phillips, Fla.) is set to commit on July 23.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...ting-francis-mauigoa-commits-miami-hurricanes

Last edited:
Yep they definitely paid him and had to outbid Bama probably. Curious how much money Miami's big boosters will actually pay into this. Still think Rashada was a waste of that much money on their part.
Fever,

Agree

In a different post, you talked about Canes paying $800K for a Xfer OL.
I researched the xfer portal & found 2 OL committed to Canes since Jan 2022 - a 3* center & a 4* OG; both had 4 years remaining.

What Is 5* Mayigoa worth on this market ?

Like many posters, I feel (HOPE LIKE HELL !) that this NIL tide will reach a peak & then recede leaving CFB with some sort of order.

I started to suggest an NFL type Team Cap Limit on NIL; then I realized how stupid that was - boosters would just go back to the tried & true - the under the table approach - just add a "McDonalds bag" (small, medium, or large - LOL) & a car to the legal NIL money & voilà get the recruits you need/want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Fever
Fever,

Agree

In a different post, you talked about Canes paying $800K for a Xfer OL.
I researched the xfer portal & found 2 OL committed to Canes since Jan 2022 - a 3* center & a 4* OG; both had 4 years remaining.

What Is 5* Mayigoa worth on this market ?

Like many posters, I feel (HOPE LIKE HELL !) that this NIL tide will reach a peak & then recede leaving CFB with some sort of order.

I started to suggest an NFL type Team Cap Limit on NIL; then I realized how stupid that was - boosters would just go back to the tried & true, under the table approach - just add a "McDonalds bag" (small, medium, or large - LOL) & a car to the legal NIL money & voilà get the recruits you need/want.

That one place says his NIL value is 250k but I am sure Miami paid him as much or more than that transfer.

Don't know if this is still accurate, but Payton Kirkland & Malik Bryant still list their committ date as July 23rd; at least until CBS Sports calls & offers to put them on national TV ! LOL

Mauigoa to the "U" as expected......them fvckers are about to purchase a team just as Texas A&M did. We have to step it up big-time.
I know that's how it feels right now but we really won't know if it's money well spent for a couple of years. The market will take time to balance out. Regardless our recruiting has to step up.

Friday Night Lights & Cookoutl July 29

The cookout takes place Saturday; following Florida’s annual Friday Night Lights recruiting event, where prospects get hands-on work with the Gators coaches and staff underneath the lights at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

Hopefully, Sonny’s Barbecue Pitmaster & Ambassador Shannon Snell will be at the cookout on Saturday.

Shannon is a very insightful & articulate former Gator OG.

CAREER: Played in 46 games, with 36 starts, for 2,699 plays...Also started in the 2002 Orange Bowl... Named a first-team All-American by The Sporting News in 2003...Earned second-team All-SEC honors in 2002...

2003: Named a first-team All-American by The Sporting News in 2003 East-West Shrine game participant... One of only two Gators on the offensive line to start every game at the same position, lining up at left guard in every contest...Saw the most action on the offensive line with 904 plays, ranking fifth on the team in snaps played...Named Offensive Lineman of the Week three times and
Most Physical Lineman.. comes from eating good BBQ !

https://floridagators.com/sports/football/roster/shannon-snell/8304

James Smith 6-4, 310 - DT and Jaquavious Russaw 6-3, 228 EDGE are teammates at Montgomery (Alabama) Carver & are slated to attend FNL.

Last edited:

Florida safety, former 4-star recruit, reportedly enters the transfer portal​

Florida safety Mordecai McDaniel, a former 4-star recruit in the 2020 class, has entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal, according to 247Sports.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ecruit-reportedly-enters-the-transfer-portal/

How will this efect Gators' safety Room ?

"...Florida’s safety room remains a mystery behind Atlantan Rashad Torrence II, who is a bona fide first-day NFL prospect.

Super senior Trey Dean will have first crack at the rotation with Torrence, but with Mordecai McDaniel dismissed from the program, there’s always a chance 5-star signee and early enrollee Kamari Wilson, former top-100 safety Corey Collier, or Kamar Wilcoxson crack the rotation."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...or-worse-previewing-floridas-defense-in-2022/

Two weeks ago, safety Mordecai McDaniel, defensive lineman Chris Thomas and receiver Fenley Graham, were cut from the team & are now expected to enter the transfer portal.

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/202...cai-mcdaniel-chris-thomas-fenley-graham-cuts/

Last edited:

Why it matters that Miami's new coach won key recruiting battle for 4-star QB​

Article does make a few points worth looking at.

This 2023 class is still limited in its scope, but there was plenty of time — 6 months — to make a mark with not only Rashada but other quarterbacks Napier and his staff zeroed in on.

"...The Gators made the final four (doubtful) with No. 1 overall recruit Arch Manning (he signed with Texas), and offered all six 5-star quarterbacks ahead of Rashada: Malachi Nelson (USC), Nic Iamaleava (Tennessee), Dante Moore (Oregon), Jackson Arnold (Oklahoma) and Christopher Vizzina (Clemson)."

"...We’re all missing the point. All things being equal, recruiting is still about relationships and selling a program.

Even though mega Miami booster John Ruiz denied it, and even though the Gator Collective denied it, you better believe Rashada earned money to sign with Miami.

And there’s not a damn thing wrong with that — because those are the rules. - There are NO RULES."

Lets be honest, if any of us had the same level of athletic skill, & were in position to profit on it, we would take all the money we could get !

"Both of Miami’s current commitments for the 2023 class — 3-star Emory Williams and Rashada — are taking part in the national Elite 11 competition in Los Angeles.

The Canes also landed Jacurri Brown in the 2022 class, a 4-star quarterback Cristobal signed who also had an offer from Florida.

More disconcerting for the Gators: The Florida quarterback room is thin. There’s projected starter Anthony Richardson, backup and Ohio State transfer Jack Miller — and not much else.

So where does this leave Florida for 2023? The transfer portal is the first stop, but there’s also a possible connection remaining in the 2023 recruiting class: 4-star Penn State commit Marcus Stokes.

Stokes, who stars at Tim Tebow‘s Nease High School in suburban Jacksonville, is a lifelong Florida fan … and (still) doesn’t have an offer from Florida. He’s also at the Elite 11 camp in Los Angeles.

No matter what you’ve heard, recruiting isn’t about money at this level. It’s all the same.

It’s about old-school relationships and recruiting, and right now, Miami isn’t going backward again."

OMITTED from article -
Whie at Oregon, Cristobal recruited & spent time building a relationship with Rashada.
Cristobal has experience as a Power 5 Head Coach; Napier does not.

Also, what I believe are key points -
Realationships with QBs are not based on their Sr year in HS; they start with Soph or Jr year.

Doubt that any of these 4/5* QBs would have even taken Napier's phone call while he was at ULL.

Mega Miami booster John Ruiz showed that it is easier for one person, instead of a collective, to make a decision & act on it.

Unless a HS QB "blows up" in his SR year, I think we are stuck with the QBs we have on our roster for now.

Like Insta & some others, I think there is a chance that with Max Brown, we already have the next Kerwin Bell - “The Throwin’ Mayoan.” on our roster.

https://saturdayroad.com/miami-hurr...ach-wins-key-recruiting-battle-for-4-star-qb/

Last edited:

Why it matters that Miami's new coach won key recruiting battle for 4-star QB​

Article does make a few points worth looking at.

This 2023 class is still limited in its scope, but there was plenty of time — 6 months — to make a mark with not only Rashada but other quarterbacks Napier and his staff zeroed in on.

"...The Gators made the final four (doubtful) with No. 1 overall recruit Arch Manning (he signed with Texas), and offered all six 5-star quarterbacks ahead of Rashada: Malachi Nelson (USC), Nic Iamaleava (Tennessee), Dante Moore (Oregon), Jackson Arnold (Oklahoma) and Christopher Vizzina (Clemson)."

"...We’re all missing the point. All things being equal, recruiting is still about relationships and selling a program.

Even though mega Miami booster John Ruiz denied it, and even though the Gator Collective denied it, you better believe Rashada earned money to sign with Miami.

And there’s not a damn thing wrong with that — because those are the rules. - There are NO RULES."

Lets be honest, if any of us had the same level of athletic skill, & were in position to profit on it, we would take all the money we could get !

"Both of Miami’s current commitments for the 2023 class — 3-star Emory Williams and Rashada — are taking part in the national Elite 11 competition in Los Angeles.

The Canes also landed Jacurri Brown in the 2022 class, a 4-star quarterback Cristobal signed who also had an offer from Florida.

More disconcerting for the Gators: The Florida quarterback room is thin. There’s projected starter Anthony Richardson, backup and Ohio State transfer Jack Miller — and not much else.

So where does this leave Florida for 2023? The transfer portal is the first stop, but there’s also a possible connection remaining in the 2023 recruiting class: 4-star Penn State commit Marcus Stokes.

Stokes, who stars at Tim Tebow‘s Nease High School in suburban Jacksonville, is a lifelong Florida fan … and (still) doesn’t have an offer from Florida. He’s also at the Elite 11 camp in Los Angeles.

No matter what you’ve heard, recruiting isn’t about money at this level. It’s all the same.

It’s about old-school relationships and recruiting, and right now, Miami isn’t going backward again."

OMITTED from article -
Whie at Oregon, Cristobal recruited & spent time building a relationship with Rashada.
Cristobal has experience as a Power 5 Head Coach; Napier does not.

Also, what I believe are key points -
Realationships with QBs are not based on their Sr year in HS; they start with Soph or Jr year. Doubt that any of these 4/5* QBs would have taken Napier's phone call while he was at ULL.

it is easier for one person, instead of a collective, to make a decision & act on it.

Mega Miami booster John Ruiz does not have that problem.

https://saturdayroad.com/miami-hurr...ach-wins-key-recruiting-battle-for-4-star-qb/

With a really high rated QB it is about the money now. If they can get it and you aren't in the ballpark of his high offers you aren't getting him. Having said that there are QBs out there just below that ranking where you don't have to pay a crazy amount before they show if they can even play. I wonder if this NIL mess is going to cost us that highly ranked DB we are after. Don't think showing what good players already playing are getting in NIL is going to help with the very top ranked recruits.

Also if our boosters want to set something up they could. Not really sure how that Guard and Collective are doing things but I think I heard the collective is mostly for the active players on the team and incoming transfers

Last edited:

2023 4-star DL Derrick LeBlanc includes Oklahoma in top 3 schools​

https://soonerswire.usatoday.com/li...ates-florida-gators-penn-state-nittany-lions/

Right now, the only crystal ball projections for LeBlanc have him staying home and attending the University of Florida, but never count Brent Venables and Todd Bates out of a recruitment.

The Sooners, along with Florida and Penn State make up LeBlanc’s top three heading into the final month of his recruitment.

LeBlanc intends to make his decision on July 28.

Who's at fault for the current NIL / Portal insanity?

It's the same one's that are at fault for the current federal government.

Fans that have developed the 'Nothing Matters But Winning Championships' attitudes.

Sovereign Citizens that have abrogated their responsibilities as citizens to control their own public servants...

A mirror is often the place to go, to find the responsible guilty.... 🤓

Who's at fault for the current NIL / Portal insanity?

It's the same one's that are at fault for the current federal government.

Fans that have developed the 'Nothing Matters But Winning Championships' attitudes.

Sovereign Citizens that have abrogated their responsibilities as citizens to control their own public servants...

A mirror is often the place to go, to find the responsible guilty.... 🤓

You may be onto something there as I know I couldn't resist if I had cash like that. The SC though pretty much opened the floodgates here. Even banning contracts pre-enrollment wouldn't stop this being used to hire high school players.

With a really high rated QB it is about the money now. If they can get it and you aren't in the ballpark of his high offers you aren't getting him. Having said that there are QBs out there just below that ranking where you don't have to pay a crazy amount before they show if they can even play. I wonder if this NIL mess is going to cost us that highly ranked DB we are after. Don't think showing what good players already playing are getting in NIL is going to help with the very top ranked recruits.

Also if our boosters want to set something up they could. Not really sure how that Guard and Collective are doing things but I think I heard the collective is mostly for the active players on the team and incoming transfers
Forget the word "now". The idea that, pre-NIL, players chose their school based on the coaches and the educational opportunities is a ridiculous lie that Bammers and Dwags would want you to believe. It has ALWAYS BEEN about the money. The difference now is you don't see the law-abiding schools being penalized for doing things the right way any more. Right now the schools that paid players before NIL are doubling down on the recruiting pressure on the kids they have been courting, wanting them to "keep their word" and go to their school. That worked pretty well for the last class, and will work some for this class, but coming soon will be a truly level playing field. Then, when these schools that had been 1-2 in recruiting every year start falling back to the pack, even while throwing out huge amounts of money, we will see the real truth of the matter.

If nothing else, we certainly will not see 5 stars be willing to sit behind 5 stars any more.

You may be onto something there as I know I couldn't resist if I had cash like that. The SC though pretty much opened the floodgates here. Even banning contracts pre-enrollment wouldn't stop this being used to hire high school players.

And what would happen if ALL Fans stopped supporting college athletics?
No longer going to games.
No longer watching games on TV or social media.
Dropping out of Alumni Associations.

The Fans are in charge, whether they wish to admit their responsibility or not. Trying to put their own responsibility on to others is cowardice imo.

Same goes for the Sovereign Citizens and their public servant governments...

The real/true BUCK stops -- with those that could control it, IF they would grow a set and chose to....

Forget the word "now". The idea that, pre-NIL, players chose their school based on the coaches and the educational opportunities is a ridiculous lie that Bammers and Dwags would want you to believe. It has ALWAYS BEEN about the money. The difference now is you don't see the law-abiding schools being penalized for doing things the right way any more. Right now the schools that paid players before NIL are doubling down on the recruiting pressure on the kids they have been courting, wanting them to "keep their word" and go to their school. That worked pretty well for the last class, and will work some for this class, but coming soon will be a truly level playing field. Then, when these schools that had been 1-2 in recruiting every year start falling back to the pack, even while throwing out huge amounts of money, we will see the real truth of the matter.

If nothing else, we certainly will not see 5 stars be willing to sit behind 5 stars any more.

I do think it will affect the depth on teams like Bama for sure. i am really curious to see how it ends up this class. You would think A&M backs off some for a year after spending 30 million or whatever it was last class.

.It has ALWAYS BEEN about the money ... Then, when these schools that had been 1-2 in recruiting every year start falling back to the pack, even while throwing out huge amounts of money, we will see the real truth of the matter.

LG89,

Once the money becomes basically the same, I think you're right !

“In 12 years at Florida, I don’t think we ever signed a kid from the state of Alabama … Of course, we found out later that the scholarships they were giving out at Alabama were worth a whole lot more than ours.” - SOS

The size & organization of Napier's recruiting staff will also help to level the playing field.

Recognizing & recruiting the high caliber (5*) recruits earlier in their HS careers -especially the QBs, will make a huge difference.

IMO, we were late to the party for most of the QBs & other 5* recruits we went after this year.
Arch - all we really got from him was polite recruit speak.

Mannings were impressed that Billy had the Cojones to stick his head in & ask to be considered, but despite all the talk about an UOV, never gave him a true opening.

Napier's coaching record limited - no Power Five experience & gators rebuilding.

Last edited:
LG89,

Once the money becomes basically the same, I think you're right !

“In 12 years at Florida, I don’t think we ever signed a kid from the state of Alabama … Of course, we found out later that the scholarships they were giving out at Alabama were worth a whole lot more than ours.” - SOS

The size & organization of Napier's recruiting staff will also help to level the playing field.

Recognizing & recruiting the high caliber (5*) recruits earlier in their HS careers -especially the QBs, will make a huge difference.

IMO, we were late to the party for most of the QBs we wanted - Arch - all we really got from him was polite recruit speak.

Mannings were impressed that Billy had the Cojones to stick his head in & ask to be considered, but never gave him a true opening.

Coaching track record limited - no Power Five experience & gators rebuilding.

UF is getting the recruits on campus and initially interested due to the changes made under Napier but that won't get you a top class any longer (not top 5 in the highest ranked recruits anyway). I kind of feel bad for Napier as I think he easily pulls a top 5 class here if it was pre-NIL but I do like him publicly and respectfully trying to light a fire under the big boosters when it comes to the realities of NIL and recruiting now.

If the one's ranking players for the recruiting services are so smart and good at their evaluations, then why aren't they being snapped up by the top coaching staffs to do their schools recruiting??? (things that make you go WTF?)

Does anyone here believe that Max Brown is only a 3 star QB?
IF so, then give me your own reasons for that opinion...

UF is getting the recruits on campus and initially interested due to the changes made under Napier but that won't get you a top class any longer (not top 5 in the highest ranked recruits anyway). I kind of feel bad for Napier as I think he easily pulls a top 5 class here if it was pre-NIL but I do like him publicly and respectfully trying to light a fire under the big boosters when it comes to the realities of NIL and recruiting now.
The Napier setup is going to be great for additional game preparation, but for recruiting, while it mimics the staff setup of the Bammer/Dwag crowd, it still would not have put us at their recruiting level, unless we were also about to join the bidding war for players. But we saw in the 80's what happens when UF tries to play by the same rules as everybody else, when we had titles stripped for being on probation by teams that were also on probation when they voted to strip us of the title.

The Napier setup is going to be great for additional game preparation, but for recruiting, while it mimics the staff setup of the Bammer/Dwag crowd, it still would not have put us at their recruiting level, unless we were also about to join the bidding war for players. But we saw in the 80's what happens when UF tries to play by the same rules as everybody else, when we had titles stripped for being on probation by teams that were also on probation when they voted to strip us of the title.

I think in the 80s we would be matching them in this NIL game though as we had more really rich football loving alumni then. We may have more really rich alumni than some of those schools now but I don't think we have nearly as many that big into football now.

Top247 OL Lucas Simmons will announce commitment July 11th on CBS Sports HQ​

Simmons, 6-7, 300, will pick between FSU, USC, Florida and Tennessee after taking official visits to all four schools during the month of June with his parents, who still live in Sweden.

Despite having two OL Coaches, with NFL playing & coaching experience, Gators have not done well with high ranking OTs.

Hopefully this will change with Simmons.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...cruiting-FSU-USC-Florida-Tennessee-189752645/

Last edited:

Reshaping the Florida Gators 2023 Offensive Line Target Board​

Updating the offensive line recruiting board for the Florida Gators' 2023 recruiting class.

A look at the Gators' offensive line recruiting board for the 2023 class, including a list of the players already committed to the program, as well as re-shaping the board when it comes to what players the team is expected to be after, or should be after in the coming weeks and months.

Current commits -
Knijeah Harris, IOL, IMG Academy (Fla.), 6-foot-3, 335 pounds
Ranking:
Three-star, No. 413 (national), No. 29 IOL, No. 77 (Florida)

Byrce Lovett, OT, Rockledge (Fla.), 6-foot-5, 330 pounds
Ranking:
Three-star, No. 565 (national), No. 45 IOL, No. 98 (Florida)

Offensive tackle targets​

Below is a running list of potential offensive tackle targets for Florida, that are either considering committing to Florida given their visits or top-teams lists, or players the program should be in on moving forward a — likely group of players that fans and media should be on the lookout for.

You will find the names, measurables, ranking, school, the number of visits to UF since Jan. 2022, official visit date, top teams lists (if provided) and the player's commitment date, all if applicable.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...orida-gators-2023-offensive-line-target-board

Florida Gators a Finalist for Elite DL Peter Woods, Who Commits This Week​

Florida remains in the mix for elite defensive lineman Peter Woods as his commitment approaches.

The Florida Gators have held onto a spot in the final four for elite 2023 defensive lineman Peter Woods out of Thompson (Ala.), who shuffled his list to
add in Jackson State while removing Oklahoma on Wednesday.

Woods was supposed to officially visit Florida in June to meet with the Gators' new coaching staff, led by head coach Billy Napier, but that trip never came to fruition.

No way the Gators are in on Woods !
This will be another Travis Hunter.
Deion has an NIL backer lined up.

fsu939913​

did you ever get the full, true story on Hunter ?​

Care to share ?

Woods also announced that he has scheduled his commitment date for Friday, July 8 at 7:15 P.M. ET.

Fever,
Deion obviously agrees with you about the need for 2 elite DTs !

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...cruiting-peter-woods-finalist-commitment-date

EDIT
When you read his interview comments, you realize there may be more to his desire to play at Jackson State than just money -

"Jackson State offering towards the end of my recruitment does nothing to their chances,” Woods said. “They can take a seat up there right next to my Top 3/4!”

“HBCU culture is 2nd to none, and there’s something special about what Coach Prime is building there, which is why the #1 player in the ‘22 class chose them.

I’ve been waiting for this offer, and feel like I would 100% gel in this program. #IBelieve!”
https://www.on3.com/news/five-star-dl-peter-woods-reacts-to-jackson-state-offer/

Last edited:
  • Haha
Sounds like Miami thinks they are about to get another 5 star commitment out of IMG.
Fever,

Unfortunately, you could be right !

Canes could be this years TAMU.

Stacking Talent: A look at where things stand with the five-star prospects Miami is chasing in 2023​

https://247sports.com/college/miami...ami-is-chasing-in-2023-189724952/#189724952_1

Just in time for us to play them home & home -
Aug 31, 2024 BHG Stadium - 1st game of season
Sep 20, 2025 Opa-Locka Stadium off Ali Baba Avenue - 2nd or 3rd game of season

Fever,

Unfortunately, you could be right !

Canes could be this years TAMU.

Stacking Talent: A look at where things stand with the five-star prospects Miami is chasing in 2023​

https://247sports.com/college/miami...ami-is-chasing-in-2023-189724952/#189724952_1

Just in time for us to play them home & home -
Aug 31, 2024 BHG Stadium - 1st game of season
Sep 20, 2025 Opa-Locka Stadium off Ali Baba Avenue - 2nd or 3rd game of season

Looks like ND has joined this NIL party also with how many top ranked recruits they are getting.

Also out of the 30 Florida recruits that are in the top 150 composite recruits nationally only like 1/3 of them that have committed to schools have committed to a Florida school.

Last edited:
Comparing Stokes' Jr year to Brown's & Kitna's Sr years misleading.

Until Insta gives us better stats, mine will have to do.

Jalen Kitna vs Max Brown vs Marcus Stokes

Kitna, 6-4, 205 - Sr Year - threw for 2,516 yards and 32 touchdowns with 3 interceptions; 3 yards and 1 touchdown rushing.

Brown, 6-3, 200 - Sr Year - threw for 2,750 yards and 41 touchdowns with four interceptions; 1,343 yards and 20 touchdowns rushing.

Stokes, 6-2, 185 - Jr Year - threw for 2,672 yards, 22 touchdowns with nine interceptions; 496 yards and six touchdowns rushing.

Kitna, like Danny Wuerffel, a pocker passer so no real rushing stats. Brown seems to be a better runner than Stokes but that could just be the extra year of experience, the offense he ran, number of games, or some other variable.

Stokes Sr year will be of interest. The separation between the three of them good for the program.

Hopefully, the commitments of Web & Stokes will be a Catalyst for our recruiting going forward.

Both prospects hail from the 904 area, with Stokes attending Nease High School in Ponte Vedra Beach and Webb at Trinity Christian Academy in Jacksonville.

Former Florida players Fred Weary, Ciatrick Fason, Lito Sheppard and Gus Scott declared Jacksonville as “Gator Country” in Sharif Denson‘s must-watch commitment video, and the addition of Stokes and Webb provides more Duuuval talent.

EDIT
"...It was like, we kind of knew we were going to Florida together, we just didn't know when we wanted to announce it," Webb told 1010XL in Jacksonville about the duo's pledge to UF. "Today was kind of the perfect day for us to announce it, kind of unexpected."
https://www.si.com/college/florida/...tors-recruiting-treyaun-webb-commit-interview

Last edited:

WR Eugene Wilson III Commits to the Florida Gators​

The Florida Gators have landed a commitment from Tampa (Fla.) receiver Eugene Wilson III, an NFL legacy.
https://www.si.com/college/florida/recruiting/eugene-wilson-commits-florida-gators-football-2023

Wilson, who straps up the pads for Tampa (Fla.) Gaither, checks in as the No. 8 wide receiver and No. 48 prospect regardless of position. That is according to On3’s 2023 Rankings.

As for the On3 Consensus, Wilson ranks as the No. 25 wide receiver and No. 147 player overall. He is a four-star prospect with every major recruiting service after hauling in 62 catches for 925 yards and seven touchdowns as a junior.
https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-g...3-wr-eugene-wilson-iii-forwards-ufs-momentum/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT