ADVERTISEMENT

Latest COVID numbers I'm hearing

PacoGator19

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2006
I'm a little reluctant to post this but its from a pretty reliable source. 25 student-athletes (not sure if they're all football players) and 24 staff members, are currently infected with the virus.
I putting this out there to see if anyone else has heard this

I'm a little reluctant to post this but its from a pretty reliable source. 25 student-athletes (not sure if they're all football players) and 24 staff members, are currently infected with the virus.

I heard 31... Not sure how accurate but thats what someone said.

Yep, a group of people all spending majority of their days together, it will spread fast among that group.

Paco,

You generally have your ear to the ground - what is Dan Mullen's status ?

"... He (Mullen) maintained that most of his players and coaches who had dealt with the virus had experienced only minor symptoms, himself included.

The Gators won't be at full strength, with at least one player testing positive as recently as Saturday, but coach Dan Mullen is confident his team will have enough players to make it work."

https://247sports.com/college/flori...-in-action-after-COVID-19-outbreak-153677507/

This is pretty much the only comment I've heard/read; seems like Mullen & most of the players will be on the sidelines Saturday against Missouri.

Don't know how well they will play; let's hope they are ready !

I think you guys are screwed. Any team would be having to be locked out of your facilities for two weeks in the middle of the season. I’ll be surprised if you win this weekend. That’s not a cheap shot, your defense needs a ton of work and two weeks off and no practice isn’t going to help. Again, any team in your situation is not going to fare well.

Reactions: PacoGator19
We had 6 more positive tests. I’ll be surprised if we even play all 10 games unless they extend the season.

This was going to be a dead-end season from the beginning, way back in March when Spring was cancelled.

I'm just going to enjoy watching Gator sports and not worry about the W/L record or any championships.
Gator sports is just recreation, it's not really important in the world at large. JMOHO's of course. ;)

Reactions: rdgtr
We had 6 more positive tests. I’ll be surprised if we even play all 10 games unless they extend the season.
Rivalry aside that is a shame if that happens. Losing or winning, just being able to watch your favorite team shouldn’t be taken for granted anymore.

I read that Missouri is down to 64 players for various reasons. This is a copy and paste from a Gainesville Sun article:
Thinned-out Tigers
The Tigers are down to 64 scholarship players for Saturday's game, 21 below the NCAA limit. The low number is the result of injuries, opt-outs and transfers.

Taking a page out of Mullen’s playbook, Missouri coach Eli Drinkwitz is not revealing any injury information this week for Saturday’s game.

“We’ll just play that game, too,” he said Tuesday.

It looks like a lot of teams are playing shorthanded this year due to Covid-19, players opting out and entering the transfer portal, plus injuries. It's good that games are being played, but this will probably be a throwaway year insofar as evaluating coaches and a lot of players. From what I've seen the Final 4 will be the same cast of characters - Clemson, Bama, Ohio State and a designated loser.

I read that Missouri is down to 64 players for various reasons. This is a copy and paste from a Gainesville Sun article:
Thinned-out Tigers
The Tigers are down to 64 scholarship players for Saturday's game, 21 below the NCAA limit. The low number is the result of injuries, opt-outs and transfers.

Taking a page out of Mullen’s playbook, Missouri coach Eli Drinkwitz is not revealing any injury information this week for Saturday’s game.

“We’ll just play that game, too,” he said Tuesday.

It looks like a lot of teams are playing shorthanded this year due to Covid-19, players opting out and entering the transfer portal, plus injuries. It's good that games are being played, but this will probably be a throwaway year insofar as evaluating coaches and a lot of players. From what I've seen the Final 4 will be the same cast of characters - Clemson, Bama, Ohio State and a designated loser.
So you think UGA makes it?

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT