ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Kiffin will be next Gator Head Coach

KaneZ4eveR

Baby Gator
Apr 13, 2006
Guys, my sister works in the contracts office for UFAA and she states that Chip Kelly is a smoke screen to buy time until FAU’s season is over. Lane is Stricklin’s #1 choice all along. Take it for what it’s worth.

Kiffin is the perfect hire and fits what Stricklin is looking for

Great offensive mind
Loves to recruit and has Florida High School Relationships
Previous Head Coaching experience
FAU is 7-3 rising from the ashes

Reactions: NoleLizards
I know this is a troll, however, Lane would do better at UF than alot of the names being thrown around like Strong, Taggart, Norvell, etc. But Chip or Frosty is what is needed and should be non-negotiable that we pursue them and don't accept a "No" from them.

Last edited:
We cannot have a coach that once talked shit about us at a booster meeting, then lost and snuck out of the 'Ville.

But some here would be thrilled to take a coach that got his school/team under the NCAA micro-scope, then snuck outta town to the NFL, only to be fired from consecutive jobs there 'during the season.'
And then end up in the booth yappin about coaches that actually know what they are doing, and how to cleanly run a program that does more than just have a nice winning % in a weak conference.... :cool:

I know this is a troll, however, Lane would do better at UF than alot of the names being thrown around like Strong, Taggart, Norvell, etc. But Chip or Frosty is what is needed and should be non-negotiable that we pursue them and don't accept a "No" from them.
Just curious why you think Frost is a higher standard over Norvell? They are damn near even record wise vs the same type of competition. Is it the H2H result? Then Norvell>Tom Herman.

Just curious why you think Frost is a higher standard over Norvell? They are damn near even record wise vs the same type of competition. Is it the H2H result? Then Norvell>Tom Herman.
Because I factor in a little skepticism for the fact that Norvell is continuing what Fuente built. Frost took over an 0-12 team. So Frost gets points for turnaround and program building. Norvell is doing better than Fuente but he inherited the pieces to keep things rolling so he is more of a question mark. Plus Frost had 7 years at Oregon with 3 as OC and is 42 while Norvell is 36 so Norvell has more question marks when it comes to total experience too. And I can't lie, I also deducted points from Norvell for his slight physical build and narrow wrists, LOL.

Because I factor in a little skepticism for the fact that Norvell is continuing what Fuente built. Frost took over an 0-12 team. So Frost gets points for turnaround and program building. Norvell is doing better than Fuente but he inherited the pieces to keep things rolling so he is more of a question mark. Plus Frost had 7 years at Oregon with 3 as OC and is 42 while Norvell is 36 so Norvell has more question marks when it comes to total experience too. And I can't lie, I also deducted points from Norvell for his slight physical build and narrow wrists, LOL.
That's a fair assessment. Fuente did build chicken salad out of chicken chit. I have no idea as to what Norvell could have done being faced with the same situation.

Frost is a protege of Chip, so I am all for getting the main man with the plan over getting his student. Norvell ran for a while with Grantham. It looks like Norvell was an important of a lot of Grantham's successes. I do know he is one of those rare guys from a cut of cloth that is a perfectionist, including how he treats his body and health. But I agree, he does need a cheeseburger or two at least twice a week.

That's a fair assessment. Fuente did build chicken salad out of chicken chit. I have no idea as to what Norvell could have done being faced with the same situation.

Frost is a protege of Chip, so I am all for getting the main man with the plan over getting his student. Norvell ran for a while with Grantham. It looks like Norvell was an important of a lot of Grantham's successes. I do know he is one of those rare guys from a cut of cloth that is a perfectionist, including how he treats his body and health. But I agree, he does need a cheeseburger or two at least twice a week.
Norvell gets points added for being a perfectionist then. Neurotic attention to detail is a necessary coaching quality. I don't know how well Norvell would recruit at UF and we can't say how he would fare with the big boy SEC coaches. Kiffin has big boy experience and has the unflappable and arrogant personality that actually could combine well with recruiting and running athletic offenses at UF. Kiffin has already shown he can rile up his players in big SEC games as when he almost beat Meyer/UF and Saban/Bama in '09 with a far inferior UTjr team. Back then I was worried that he was going to turn around the Dooley mess and make the Vols a player again but he fled by night, literally, lol.

Norvell gets points added for being a perfectionist then. Neurotic attention to detail is a necessary coaching quality. I don't know how well Norvell would recruit at UF and we can't say how he would fare with the big boy SEC coaches. Kiffin has big boy experience and has the unflappable and arrogant personality that actually could combine well with recruiting and running athletic offenses at UF. Kiffin has already shown he can rile up his players in big SEC games as when he almost beat Meyer/UF and Saban/Bama in '09 with a far inferior UTjr team. Back then I was worried that he was going to turn around the Dooley mess and make the Vols a player again but he fled by night, literally, lol.

Almost beat Meyer/UF? Tennessee was down 23-6 until they scored a cosmetic touchdown with 8 minutes left and then ran clock on offense to keep the score looking reasonable. He did keep it closer than a lot of people thought, but that Florida team ended up struggling a bit on offense.

I think Kiffin's a talented guy and a very good recruiter, but he hasn't shown he can sustain anything past a couple years. He's about where he should be. Turn FAU into something and then try to climb the ladder. The UF job is way out of his league at this point.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Almost beat Meyer/UF? Tennessee was down 23-6 until they scored a cosmetic touchdown with 8 minutes left and then ran clock on offense to keep the score looking reasonable. He did keep it closer than a lot of people thought, but that Florida team ended up struggling a bit on offense.

I think Kiffin's a talented guy and a very good recruiter, but he hasn't shown he can sustain anything past a couple years. He's about where he should be. Turn FAU into something and then try to climb the ladder. The UF job is way out of his league at this point.

Unless Kiffin has had some sort of unbelievable epiphany, or Saban did some serious brainwashing, there is no evidence that Kiffin can manage a program. Good Xs and Os, and recruiting skills do not a program make.

Why am I a troll?

vKcapba.jpg

I think this picture was taken when he was still in N'Sync.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT