ADVERTISEMENT

Kirby cheating caught on tape?

Some guy named probst. Think it was 250k gor a recruit and 180k to chubba so he can return his senior season

Problem is if the people that paid them off just ignore the NCAA when they come calling they are useless now. Its been that way since that Cam Newton situation. You would need the FBI or one of them issuing subpoenas probably to be able to nail anyone unless they were very naive and willingly gave the info up.

Problem is if the people that paid them off just ignore the NCAA when they come calling they are useless now. Its been that way since that Cam Newton situation. You would need the FBI or one of them issuing subpoenas probably to be able to nail anyone unless they were very naive and willingly gave the info up.

Im creating a twitter and forwarding this to every uga recruit and im gunna tell them that UGA will be sanctioned for it. #Masterplan

Last edited:
Some guy named probst. Think it was 250k gor a recruit and 180k to chubba so he can return his senior season

Probst is a legendary coach but a well known scumbag pretty much in the southeast. Stories of him include using his notoriety by not paying for meals at restaurants, not paying the bill at a dental office after an appointment and freeloading at hotels.

This alleged incident may have some legs after all.
I'm sure if Rush Probst is going down, he's taking a crap load of them down with him.

Reactions: UGAly
Probst is a legendary coach but a well known scumbag pretty much in the southeast. Stories of him include using his notoriety by not paying for meals at restaurants, not paying the bill at a dental office after an appointment and freeloading at hotels.

I'm sure if Rush Probst is going down, he's taking a crap load of them down with him.

let us not forget that Pruitt got a job under probation by camping out on his lawn (or something like that).

If you're not from Alabama, you really missed out on some good times with Orobat back in the day. That Hoover program was ridiculous and borderline illegal.

let us not forget that Pruitt got a job under probation by camping out on his lawn (or something like that).

If you're not from Alabama, you really missed out on some good times with Orobat back in the day. That Hoover program was ridiculous and borderline illegal.
I've followed the info on this dude off and on through the years. He is one weird(although successful in his career) cat.

I saw of his tax troubles recently. How on God's green earth does a high school educator owe nearly half a mil in taxes? Instructional DVD or not...TV reality show or not..how and when TF did he ever earn enough to owe that much?

The problem is the NCAA doesn't do investigations any more. They let schools self report, then decide on a punishment for themselves.

The problem is the NCAA doesn't do investigations any more. They let schools self report, then decide on a punishment for themselves.
Too bad it wasn't like this in the 80's. We could have kept our SEC titles and even would have had a natty or possibly 2.

All we would have had to do was self impose to deduct 10 scholarships over a 2 year span, limit one asst coach recruiting contacts, and not have 4 home games televised.

Too bad it wasn't like this in the 80's. We could have kept our SEC titles and even would have had a natty or possibly 2.

All we would have had to do was self impose to deduct 10 scholarships over a 2 year span, limit one asst coach recruiting contacts, and not have 4 home games televised.

Or we could have opted not to self-report, thumbed our noses at the NCAA, and had nothing happen, like it is today.

I mean, what was it, 104 violations where 100 of them were we gave a player a shirt or a hat? My family subscribed to the St Pete Times back then, and they printed the entire list of violations, and I read them all, and it was a continuous list of "player received inappropriate gift of a shirt. Player received an inappropriate gift of a hat" over and over and over. It was a joke the penalties we received. Everybody was all caught up in the "100 violations" thing. Wasn't long after that the NCAA changed the reporting style and only reported the rules broken not the violations of the rule. That's why today you have self reporting of, oh, say, three violations. Might have 50 counts of rules violations, but only three different rules that were broken.

Or we could have opted not to self-report, thumbed our noses at the NCAA, and had nothing happen, like it is today.

I mean, what was it, 104 violations where 100 of them were we gave a player a shirt or a hat? My family subscribed to the St Pete Times back then, and they printed the entire list of violations, and I read them all, and it was a continuous list of "player received inappropriate gift of a shirt. Player received an inappropriate gift of a hat" over and over and over. It was a joke the penalties we received. Everybody was all caught up in the "100 violations" thing. Wasn't long after that the NCAA changed the reporting style and only reported the rules broken not the violations of the rule. That's why today you have self reporting of, oh, say, three violations. Might have 50 counts of rules violations, but only three different rules that were broken.

It was a joke. I think some of the bigger violations were a player's child support payments being made a few months for him or something like that. I think I also read back then something about most of our troubles had started with the SEC looking into us while when Bama and them ever got in any trouble it was always the NCAA that opened things up and the SEC was trying to make the problems go away.

It was a joke. I think some of the bigger violations were a player's child support payments being made a few months for him or something like that. I think I also read back then something about most of our troubles had started with the SEC looking into us while when Bama and them ever got in any trouble it was always the NCAA that opened things up and the SEC was trying to make the problems go away.
I thought that was Norm Sloan who made a few child support payments involving Vernon Maxwell. I also think a football players child support payments was under Galen Hall as well.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I thought that was Norm Sloan who made a few child support payments involving Vernon Maxwell. I also think a football players child support payments was under Galen Hall as well.
Yes Galen Hall made a child support payment for Jarvis Williams. He also supplemented a few assistant coaches salary with his own salary.

Forgot how the Maxwell/Sloan situation played out but something along the lines of cash payments as well as agents.

Probst iS a well known scum bag who has since recanted his allegations and admitted to a BS moment. Gentlemen, the state of Georgia generates more high school football prospects per capita than any other state in the union. The UGA has facilities that are second to none and is in a great college town. Kirby and his staff have proven that they are great recruiters and they have a good product to sell. I get it that his recruiting performance is discouraging and that it makes opponents want to suspect cheating but I don;t believe so. Kirby has a better recruiting base than Alabama and SHOULD ccompete favorable with Saban.

Probst iS a well known scum bag who has since recanted his allegations and admitted to a BS moment. Gentlemen, the state of Georgia generates more high school football prospects per capita than any other state in the union. The UGA has facilities that are second to none and is in a great college town. Kirby and his staff have proven that they are great recruiters and they have a good product to sell. I get it that his recruiting performance is discouraging and that it makes opponents want to suspect cheating but I don;t believe so. Kirby has a better recruiting base than Alabama and SHOULD ccompete favorable with Saban.
I have always heard that Louisiana had the highest per capita of prospects. Where are you getting your information?

Oh, and PS, Bama cheats, Bama has always cheated, Bama will always cheat. You hire a Bama guy and suddenly are recruiting better than Bama. You ever heard of where there's smoke there's fire? Well in this case, where there's fire there's fire.

But it's not like cheating is anything new for UGa. Does Hershel still have that Trans Am Dooley gave him?

Not to mention all those trophys in the trophy case.....oh, wait, maybe I'm thinking of Ga Tech...

• Haha
Reactions: gatordad3
Liz, I just looked it up. As far as D1 recruits per capita by state, Florida is 1 at 9.8%, Georgia is 2 at 8.6% and Louisiana is 3rd at 8.4%.....

And as to top football facilities, georgia ranks anywhere from 14th to 20th depending on organization. FYI, Florida ranks anywhere from 17th to 21st and that is without our football facility, which ground is broken on now.

Last edited:
Oooohhh....all of a sudden Bowl Cut Kirby has a better recruiting base than Saban yet it's been, uh @sadgator, I need help with this. How many years since Georgia's last, uh, well, last, you know.....

• Haha
Reactions: fsumc
Lots of misinformation in this post.

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT