ADVERTISEMENT

Kickers? We’re talking KICKERS?

LakerGator

Rowdy Reptile
Dec 3, 2015
Florida
I was really worried about our FG kicker coming into this year and somewhat at punter although he had the Genes from his brother Johnny, he was still new.
Well they both have performed well above expectations from True Freshman Evan McPherson being perfect ( the miss we all know WAS GOOD ) on Field Goals to Tommy Townsend averaging 45.5 yards on punts and even running 18 yards Saturday on a fake for a key First Down.

Until Eddy Pineiro ( Eddy!!! Eddy!!!! ) came to us, our kicking was a struggle for awhile. Hopefully he’s healing up well in Oakland.

The less you here about your kickers is generally the better unless they hit a game winner or have some boomers, some inside the 5 or 10 yard line or a fake like on Saturday.

Last edited:
I was really worried about our FG kicker coming into this year and somewhat at punter although he had the Genes from his brother Johnny, he was still new.
Well they both have performed well above expectations from True Freshman Evan McPherson being perfect ( the miss we all know WAS GOOD ) on Field Goals to Tommy Townsend averaging 45.5 yards on punts and even running 18 yards Saturday on a fake for a key First Down.

Until Eddy Pineiro ( Eddy!!! Eddy!!!! ) came to us, our kicking was a struggle for awhile. Hopefully he’s healing up well in Oakland.

The less you here about your kickers is generally the better unless they hit a game winner or have some boomers, some inside the 5 or 10 yard line or a fake like on Saturday.

The Townsend play was the best punter play I’ve seen in my life. Total momentum changer. He would not go down! He’s the Tebow of punters.

No worries mate, as I've been saying here since last summer.

PRIOR TO FLORIDA: Evan McPherson - Evan, Evan, Evan...
Selected to participate in the 2018 Under Armour All-America Game... Went 2-for-2 on PATs and successfully executed an onside kick during the game... Kicked and punted for Fort Payne HS for four seasons... During his senior season, he made a 60-yard field goal, which was one yard shy of the Alabama High School state record. In addition, he recorded an 84-yard punt in a game, which was also one yard shy of the state record... Helped Fort Payne to a berth in the 6A State Playoffs... Selected to the Under Armour All-American Team... Rated as the No. 1 kicker and No. 5 punter by the Kohl’s Kicking Camp... Played for Coach Paul Ellis... Chose Florida over Mississippi State.

He's yet to miss a kick yet, XPt or FG, if not for a cross-eyed official...

PRIOR TO FLORIDA: Tommy Townsend
Transferred from Tennessee in the summer of 2016 after redshirting as a freshman at UT... Brother of Gators punter Johnny Townsend... Named a U.S. Army All-American… Following his senior season at Boone High School, he was named First Team All-America (Scout.com), All-State (Statewide Sports Writers & FHSCA), All-Central Florida (Orlando Sentinel) and All-District (FHSCA)… Played in the 2014 Central Florida All-Star Game… Garnered Defensive Player of the Week honors from the Orlando Touchdown Club following a two interception performance against Edgewater High School in 2014… Averaged 43.0 yards per punt as a senior… Rated as the No. 1 punter in the country coming out of high school by Kohl’s Kicking and Chris Sailor Kicking… Also played cornerback and quarterback in high school and played baseball for Boone… Is an Eagle Scout… Both parents, Clay and Susan Townsend, both attended Florida… Brother, Clay, Jr., also attends UF…

The Townsend play was the best punter play I’ve seen in my life. Total momentum changer. He would not go down! He’s the Tebow of punters.
You must not have remembered
or seen Shayne Edge’s fake punt I believe in 1991 against Bama in the SEC title game. If I recall correctly it wasn’t even a called “fake punt”. He saw an opening and just took off.

Pitiful little attention beggar, kinda sad really, but here ya go,,, yet again. Here to foul up yet another thread with his always village idiot smelly crap.
Both Totally Clueless and Boring is any ugly combination.

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Pitiful little attention beggar, kinda sad really, but here ya go,,, yet again. Here to foul up yet another thread with his always village idiot smelly crap.

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah but let's not pretend you aren't obsessed with Boy Scouts.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Eddy might be one of the most overrated players in Florida football history.

Yeah, except for this annoying little stat... o_O

Connected on 29 of his last 30 field goal attempts between the end of the 2016 season and the entire 2017 campaign… Finished his career with an 88.4% (38-for-43) field goal conversion rate, which ranks first in UF history (min. 35 attempts) as he passed Bobby Raymond (87.8%, 43-of-49, 1983-84)… :cool:

Edit:
And if we can just keep the cross-eyed officials out from under the goal posts, Evan might just pass them both up before he's done. ;)

Last edited:
Evil, Evan kicked a 60 yd FG and had an 84 yd punt in HS.

If not for a cross-eyed official, he'd be 100% for us this season.
And he's already been named SEC Freshman of the Week twice.

Eddy might be one of the most overrated players in Florida football history.

One of the craziest things I heard was when he went on record and said he was kicking floaters short when the coverage was designed for a long kick just because he was trying to mix it up or whatever. I was like, this kicker’s ego is out of control. Emblematic of the Mac era.

Judd Davis is sadgator’s favorite gator field goal kicker.

We’ve been lucky to have some awesome punters through the years....Townsend is a weapon.

I thought he struggled a bit the first couple of games (not a lot of distance), but when he got his groove he really started booming them.

I remember Jeff Chandler being pretty good and I believed kicked in the pros for a few years. Don’t forget Caleb Sturgis. He was very good as well.

I think you forgot about Shane Edge. I'm not sure but he shoved one of those up the SOW's ass one year. I also remember him doing a couple of highlight reel hits saving touchdowns as the safety valve. But that was many moons ago...........Spurrier years.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT