ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Watkins....

fsu939913

Bull Gator
Jul 29, 2014
Facing 4 charges...2 felonies. Man u guys just cant catch a break. How big of a blow is this?

Facing 4 charges...2 felonies. Man u guys just cant catch a break. How big of a blow is this?

Depends if it is like it was with Mac or with Meyer. With Mac we got crazy arrests and accusations against the players but it never translated to any good success on the field. :(

Reactions: alaskanseminole
You crowed over a UT LB pushing his G/F into his room and not letting her leave when he was trying to calm her down( arguing in the hall over his doinking another gal) You even brought up the Award that rightly should be called The MEYER'S CUP.

Pruitt booted his azz off the team a week later. Didn't wait for a "Student Council" hearing, let alone one before a judge.

Lets see if 3* Dan has the same kind of cajones.

Watkins arrested on felony charge for battery by strangulation

Quote:
The University of Florida Police Department is listed as the law enforcement agency to make the arrest. Bond has not yet been set, according to Alachua County court records.

Watkins previously ran afoul of the law in May when he was arrested for allegedly breaking a female's phone and kicking her car. He reportedly followed her to a gas station following an argument and threw her phone to the pavement, shattering the screen.

A police report indicated that Watkins then followed the woman to Vanguard High School and kicked her car repeatedly. Because he was not a student at Vanguard, he was charged with trespassing school grounds.

Watkins was a four-star prospect in the 2018 recruiting class and one of Florida's top-rated signees. He enrolled for the Summer B semester at the end of June.
:
He was expected to contribute at cornerback for the Gators, recently appearing in a photo with the defensive backs at a team picture day. Rated as the nation's No. 89 overall prospect and a terrific athlete, Watkins was expected to contribute on special teams, as well, possibly even in the return game.

Listed at 5 foot 11, 172 pounds, he could have helped shore up the depth at the cornerback position for the Gators after a couple departures since the 2017 season.

Though the Gators return both starters in Marco Wilson and CJ Henderson, the depth at the position is relatively light. Fellow freshman Trey Dean enrolled in the spring semester and appeared well on his way toward early contributions, and Watkins was expected to further bolster the depth at the position.

Reactions: nail1988
This takes one new WR/CB recruit off of the 2018 List before he ever really arrived...
At least those are two positions that are pretty loaded for now. He might have been able to get into the 2018 rotation, but not as a starter.

UF signee Justin Watkins has been suspended from team activities indefinitely following his 2nd arrest in 10 weeks. (He's Likely Toast!)

Watkins 5-11 172, was a former standout at Clermont’s East Ridge and Ocala Vanguard, was a Gators’ WR/DB recruit. He is in Alachua County Jail Tuesday facing 4 charges including false imprisonment/kidnapping and domestic battery by strangulation. Each is a 3rd-degree felony, according to the Alachua County inmate log.

“Justin Watkins has been suspended immediately from all activities,” coach Dan Mullen said through a UF spokesman. (likely a prelude to being totally dismissed from UF - but he's still innocent until 'proven' guilty) No bond has been set for Watkins’ release.

Another kid that apparently has severe mental problems when it comes to dealing with females. A real shame for him and his family, but just a minor loss as far as UF football goes. Compared to this kids future and his life, football is the least of his or UF's worries...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...-football-justin-watkins-20180724-story.html#

2 good friends of mine taught him in high school. Said he's basically a good kid, but had a terrible family life with little to no parenting or supervision. When kids aren't taught personal responsibility/accountability at home and then get accolades as an athlete, the entitlement mentality takes over and they think they can do anything without consequences. The University of Florida gave the kid a chance and he's blown it. I say goodbye, son.

This takes one new WR/CB recruit off of the 2018 List before he ever really arrived...
At least those are two positions that are pretty loaded for now. He might have been able to get into the 2018 rotation, but not as a starter.

UF signee Justin Watkins has been suspended from team activities indefinitely following his 2nd arrest in 10 weeks. (He's Likely Toast!)

Watkins 5-11 172, was a former standout at Clermont’s East Ridge and Ocala Vanguard, was a Gators’ WR/DB recruit. He is in Alachua County Jail Tuesday facing 4 charges including false imprisonment/kidnapping and domestic battery by strangulation. Each is a 3rd-degree felony, according to the Alachua County inmate log.

“Justin Watkins has been suspended immediately from all activities,” coach Dan Mullen said through a UF spokesman. (likely a prelude to being totally dismissed from UF - but he's still innocent until 'proven' guilty) No bond has been set for Watkins’ release.

Another kid that apparently has severe mental problems when it comes to dealing with females. A real shame for him and his family, but just a minor loss as far as UF football goes. Compared to this kids future and his life, football is the least of his or UF's worries...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...-football-justin-watkins-20180724-story.html#

He sounds like he will be the type to be in and out of prison much of his lifetime.

2 good friends of mine taught him in high school. Said he's basically a good kid, but had a terrible family life with little to no parenting or supervision. When kids aren't taught personal responsibility/accountability at home and then get accolades as an athlete, the entitlement mentality takes over and they think they can do anything without consequences. The University of Florida gave the kid a chance and he's blown it. I say goodbye, son.

Having 2 incidents like this in a short period of time sounds like he might be a lost cause. I agree if the kid isnt well grounded how they are treated by people around them leads to them thinking they can do what they want basically.

You crowed over a UT LB pushing his G/F into his room and not letting her leave when he was trying to calm her down( arguing in the hall over his doinking another gal) You even brought up the Award that rightly should be called The MEYER'S CUP.

Pruitt booted his azz off the team a week later. Didn't wait for a "Student Council" hearing, let alone one before a judge.

Lets see if 3* Dan has the same kind of cajones.

Watkins arrested on felony charge for battery by strangulation

Quote:
The University of Florida Police Department is listed as the law enforcement agency to make the arrest. Bond has not yet been set, according to Alachua County court records.

Watkins previously ran afoul of the law in May when he was arrested for allegedly breaking a female's phone and kicking her car. He reportedly followed her to a gas station following an argument and threw her phone to the pavement, shattering the screen.

A police report indicated that Watkins then followed the woman to Vanguard High School and kicked her car repeatedly. Because he was not a student at Vanguard, he was charged with trespassing school grounds.

Watkins was a four-star prospect in the 2018 recruiting class and one of Florida's top-rated signees. He enrolled for the Summer B semester at the end of June.
:
He was expected to contribute at cornerback for the Gators, recently appearing in a photo with the defensive backs at a team picture day. Rated as the nation's No. 89 overall prospect and a terrific athlete, Watkins was expected to contribute on special teams, as well, possibly even in the return game.

Listed at 5 foot 11, 172 pounds, he could have helped shore up the depth at the cornerback position for the Gators after a couple departures since the 2017 season.

Though the Gators return both starters in Marco Wilson and CJ Henderson, the depth at the position is relatively light. Fellow freshman Trey Dean enrolled in the spring semester and appeared well on his way toward early contributions, and Watkins was expected to further bolster the depth at the position.

3* Dan is in a flat spin out to sea. :eek:o_O

2019 recruiting hemorrhaging at # 39 :eek:

2018 recruiting # 18 transition class takes a big hit with this arrest :eek:

Sending 2018 class back to 20th :(

Having 2 incidents like this in a short period of time sounds like he might be a lost cause. I agree if the kid isnt well grounded how they are treated by people around them leads to them thinking they can do what they want basically.

Another thug treating females like the (C)rap music( no civilized people could really call that music) as well as the "Gangsta Hollywierd movies depict how that a True Brutha should treat them.

Sad to witness MLK's Dream become the nightmare that it has become for so much of the "Black Society " in this nation.

Reactions: _VolFan4675
Summer B Classes begin July 2, 2018.
Arrested July 22, for the 2nd time since May....
Less than 3 weeks on UF's campus, not even one day of football practice before his indefinite suspension, likely leading to a dismissal from UF.

This will not prevent rival trolls and other 'Gator Haters' from giving UF FULL CREDIT for all of this kids inherent problems... :rolleyes:

As to any 'big' hit' on the 2018 class, as high potential as the kid had as an athlete, he would not have been a starter at either of his positions (WR/CB) in 2018. :cool:

Less than 3 weeks on UF's campus, not even one day of football practice before his indefinite suspension, likely leading to a dismissal from UF.

This will not prevent rival trolls and other 'Gator Haters' from giving UF FULL CREDIT for all of this kids inherent problems... :rolleyes:

As to any 'big' hit' on the 2018 class, as high potential as the kid had as an athlete, he would not have been a starter at either of his positions (WR/CB) in 2018. :cool:

Well at least he wasn't putting a gun to his girlfriend's head like players were under Coach Mac.

Well at least he wasn't putting a gun to his girlfriend's head like players were under Coach Mac.

And he wasn't from Boston either,,,,:rolleyes: but I'm having a bit of trouble on what either of those things have to do with the situation... :confused:

"This will not prevent rival trolls and other 'Gator Haters' from giving UF FULL CREDIT for all of this kids inherent problems"... :rolleyes:

Like you would resist the urge had this happened at U/T, O/U, FSU, U/M, or Notre Dame ?:confused:

And he wasn't from Boston either,,,,:rolleyes: but I'm having a bit of trouble on what either of those things have to do with the situation... :confused:

Mullen had a kid at Miss State that beat a woman prior to the season starting and it was caught on video and he just suspended him for the opening game I think.

Reactions: _VolFan4675
He sounds like he will be the type to be in and out of prison much of his lifetime.
I think this guy can be colored gone. He better start looking for a job!

00505_8Rbz3LCBUgm_600x450.jpg

"Hey Justin! Your job application is welcome here!"

Mullen had a kid at Miss State that beat a woman prior to the season starting and it was caught on video and he just suspended him for the opening game I think.
And IF I wanted complete accurate information, about the entirety of encounter and the resulting charges, instead of just IFFY DELUSIONAL THINKING, I would certainly go elsewhere to get it... o_O

Sad.

As lousy as Lyle the Loser was, any football player charged or even accused and NOT charged of any criminal act was immediately suspended and not allowed to even be on the campus if involved any assault, physical or sexual against a female unless and until he was proven innocent.

One of the Highly publicized Rape accusations was proven false when Von Pearson went on his own and demanded the police do a DNA test. They sat on the results fort about 6 months and when his lawyer threatened to sue them , they suddenly found the test results proving it wasn't him that had sex with the girl.

He joined the team after the season started and it took him until mid season to be back in playing form( Sr WR) Cost him a possible Pro career.

And IF I wanted complete accurate information, about the entirety of encounter and the resulting charges, instead of just IFFY DELUSIONAL THINKING, I would certainly go elsewhere to get it... o_O

It happened. He pounded a girl on video and got a one game suspension. Our admin will make Mullen release Watkins I think.

It happened. He pounded a girl on video and got a one game suspension. Our admin will make Mullen release Watkins I think.

Well that proof you just provided with appropriate links and full details of the incident has now totally allayed my ignorance,,, :confused: so I'll now just accept any claims that you want to make about it from now on.... :rolleyes:
======

Nothing other than the indefinite suspension will happen until after he's had his day in court. Under the U.S. Constitution and Criminal Law, he is innocent until proven guilty,,, just as it should be. (I know nothing about this time around, but sometimes it's the psycho-bitch that's the problem)

Now, IF he's found guilty, THEN it will be Bailiff, 'Wack his Pee-Pee' -- for sure... o_O

If Coach Mullen doesn't kick him off the team by the beginning of the season, then we know our sh*t show is going to continue until we get another coach. Based on what we already know about Watkins latest discretion, if he is allowed to remain with the team and if what Gatorfever says is true about a MSU player under Mullen, I will go as far to say Mullen is as big of a POS as Watkins. I hope that isn't the case and I hope he puts a quick end to this embarrassment by releasing him.

If Coach Mullen doesn't kick him off the team by the beginning of the season, (before his day in court) then we know (who's WE, you got a rat in your pocket) our sh*t show is going to continue until we get another coach. (fire Dan now, the Homosissy knows best) Based on what we already know (back to the rat) about Watkins latest discretion, (or indiscretion, whatever) if he is allowed to remain with the team and if what Gatorfever (going with the rat and the moron) says is true about a MSU player under Mullen, I will go as far (please do, and make it really far) to say Mullen is as big of a POS as (a Homosissy and) Watkins. I hope that isn't the case and I hope he puts a quick end to this embarrassment by releasing him.

Hope in one hand and chit in the other... :cool:

Ahhh, so the Homosissy is an anti-Constitution domestic enemy, that want's to go with a lynch mob mentality,,, just as long and he can be the dic-tator that directs the mob with the rope... :rolleyes:

Well that proof you just provided with appropriate links and full details of the incident has now totally allayed my ignorance,,, :confused: so I'll now just accept any claims that you want to make about it from now on.... :rolleyes:
======

Nothing other than the indefinite suspension will happen until after he's had his day in court. Under the U.S. Constitution and Criminal Law, he is innocent until proven guilty,,, just as it should be. (I know nothing about this time around, but sometimes it's the psycho-bitch that's the problem)

Now, IF he's found guilty, THEN it will be Bailiff, 'Wack his Pee-Pee' -- for sure... o_O

lol Watkins will be out of UF long before he has any day in Court to deal with this charge. I would be shocked if that isn't the case since this isn't Miss State and with the spotlight on things like this now.

With Pruitt suspending a player who was charged with battery and "Unlawful imprisonment" for a week and then kicking him off the team, it will force the hand of Mullen and any other SEC Coach who runs into a similar situation.

I don't particularly LIKE what Pruitt did. It was the guy's 1st offense and there's not even been a preliminary hearing.

But we are living in a PC world and with the charges being levied against Universities. Summary guilt will be assessed and the male involved will be made to walk the plank.

Instant and several others here thought it was funny that UT got sued first and had to settle out of court with those 8 women but there are over 200 suing Michigan State because of that Pervert Doctor who liked to diddle the little girl gymnasts on the US Olympic teams for 3 decades as well as those who went to MSU and today in the NYT there's a story of 100 former female athletes at The Ohio State University suing it over gymnastics teacher and other male coaches raping female athletes. UCLA just got handed a Class Action Suit for similar offenses but I don't have the number yet.

That payout that UT made to settle that Title IX Suit will look paltry after the guilty verdicts come in against all the other Universities around the country with hundreds and perhaps even thousands of women making rape and molestation charges against male athletes and coaches.

University Presidents, scared of the publicity and the prospect of other females in the past who suffered abuse uniting for a mega-lawsuit will be leaning on AD'S to lean on coaches to quickly get rid of any male offender whether he is guilty or not. We are through the looking glass and it is not a pretty world we now live in.

lol Watkins will be out of UF long before he has any day in Court to deal with this charge. I would be shocked if that isn't the case since this isn't Miss State and with the spotlight on things like this now.

Homosissy, the only way that happens imo, is if he goes to Mullen and/or UF Admin and admits that he is guilty as charged. Otherwise, they will wait on his day in court.
MsSt and spotlights have nothing to do with his own individual guilt or innocence of the charges.

You've got more FAKE NEWS that the Demorat funded and controlled MSM has been spewing out lately... :rolleyes:

Homosissy, the only way that happens imo, is if he goes to Mullen and/or UF Admin and admits that he is guilty as charged. Otherwise, they will wait on his day in court.
MsSt and spotlights have nothing to do with his own individual guilt or innocence of the charges.

You've got more FAKE NEWS that the Demorat funded and controlled MSM has been spewing out lately... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Next you will be saying someone charged with murder would be playing Saturdays in the Swamp until the Courts found them guilty.

:rolleyes: Next you will be saying someone charged with murder would be playing Saturdays in the Swamp until the Courts found them guilty.
Insta almost always makes statements that are asinine, while at the same time comical. But, he has really outdone himself this time. We ridicule our rivals for not immediately kicking players from the team for far lesser, but he expects us to allow due process for our players involved in a crime like this and brings up the Constitution. I looked in the dictionary for Dipshit and there was a picture of Insta with his crash helmet.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Insta almost always makes statements that are asinine, while at the same time comical. But, he has really outdone himself this time. We ridicule our rivals for not immediately kicking players from the team for far lesser, but he expects us to allow due process for our players involved in a crime like this and brings up the Constitution. I looked in the dictionary for Dipshit and there was a picture of Insta with his crash helmet.

You’re talking about a guy who thinks his free speech protections apply to a privately owned message board. He ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

There are cases where there's credible accusations and other cases where there are simply allegations. This case seems like the former and looks really serious. Probably he's done at UF.

I don't have an issue in cases where there's a question of guilt/innocence and coaches letting players on the field on lessor charges.

Like UK, State generally doesn’t reel in 5-star talent. His talent level undoubtedly played a role in how they handled the situation- and whadayaknow- Scott Stricklin was the AD who signed off on the “punishment”.

As far as I know, Simmons had managed to stay out of trouble since then.

As for Watkins, don’t know anything about him other than what I’ve read in this thread, but it’s hard to envision a scenario where he stays on the team.

I think our admin would overrule Stricklin even if he tried to keep the kid on the team unless there is more to this story we haven't heard.

Reactions: ukalum1988
He is as good as gone. He just got a public defender assigned and that usual Gator player lawyer wasn't there to represent him.

He is as good as gone. He just got a public defender assigned and that usual Gator player lawyer wasn't there to represent him.

You got that right.

Huntley Johnson made millions keeping transgressors eligible to play for CUM, Zook, Misschimp and Mr Ed.( funny, I don't recall Spurrier having a lot of problems that required Squire Johnson's services. But that was a while back.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT