ADVERTISEMENT

Just saw Mullen...

Why did he do it? Was there a reason given?
It was part of a large scale change that Muschamp let happen...

but sadgator will always believe it was because Muschamp wanted the shape of a mid-field design he was more comfortable with...

9a5b78593ad462807b6e51abf4fb65d5--georgia-bulldogs-motivation.jpg

120831-florida-field1.jpg

It was the worst decision in Gator Football history to remove that “F”....well, other than hiring Muschamp...of course...

It was part of a large scale change that Muschamp let happen...

but sadgator will always believe it was because Muschamp wanted the shape of a mid-field design he was more comfortable with...

9a5b78593ad462807b6e51abf4fb65d5--georgia-bulldogs-motivation.jpg

120831-florida-field1.jpg

It was the worst decision in Gator Football history to remove that “F”....well, other than hiring Muschamp...of course...

We feel the same about our jerseys after 2013..... Its a curse. We got some changes coming this yr tho! Hope u guys get the F back.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeGator
Why did he do it? Was there a reason given?
Did we have any choice back in the day when they replaced the Gator logo with the 3 toothed gator head logo that is presently the official UF athletics logo? No. The athletic department simply contracted an advertising agency and did it despite most alumni and boosters being against the decision.

Quite frankly, my preference is for the block F and then the big angry Gator logo which is almost nonexistent today. Would love to see that in a large 50-60 foot tall logo on the outside of the stadium.

Reactions: fsu939913
Block F midfield
Fighting Albert on the 35's
Blue jerseys
White helmet with block F on one side and the other side with the UF state shaped logo
Orange pants with Gators script logo upper thigh
Gator script endzones with cartoon oval Gator head on the corner

I am serious. Also this covers all colors and logos.

One special home game a year with orange jerseys and blue pants

Road uni's are white jerseys with blue pants

When we play UT we need all blue. When we play UK we need all orange. Thats how I did on the NCAA PS2 games back in the day.

Edit: OH yeah we need to wear white jerseys when LSU visits Gainesville. Spurrier use to do this to piss them off.

Reactions: sadgator
Did we have any choice back in the day when they replaced the Gator logo with the 3 toothed gator head logo that is presently the official UF athletics logo? No. The athletic department simply contracted an advertising agency and did it despite most alumni and boosters being against the decision.

Quite frankly, my preference is for the block F and then the big angry Gator logo which is almost nonexistent today. Would love to see that in a large 50-60 foot tall logo on the outside of the stadium.

We changed logos from angry Gator to three tooth Gator in an effort to sell more merchandise. But we've had ol' three tooth for a while, must be getting close to time to change it again to something we will like even less.

[QUOTE="Edit: OH yeah we need to wear white jerseys when LSU visits Gainesville. Spurrier use to do this to piss them off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but we used to beat the stuffing out of them back then so it didn't matter. We have enough teams that hate us the most, we don't need any more.

[QUOTE="Edit: OH yeah we need to wear white jerseys when LSU visits Gainesville. Spurrier use to do this to piss them off.

Yeah, but we used to beat the stuffing out of them back then so it didn't matter. We have enough teams that hate us the most, we don't need any more.[/QUOTE]
No need in being scared. This is football, not Sunday service.

Block F midfield
Fighting Albert on the 35's
Blue jerseys
White helmet with block F on one side and the other side with the UF state shaped logo
Orange pants with Gators script logo upper thigh
Gator script endzones with cartoon oval Gator head on the corner

I am serious. Also this covers all colors and logos.

One special home game a year with orange jerseys and blue pants

Road uni's are white jerseys with blue pants

When we play UT we need all blue. When we play UK we need all orange. Thats how I did on the NCAA PS2 games back in the day.

Edit: OH yeah we need to wear white jerseys when LSU visits Gainesville. Spurrier use to do this to piss them off.

you had me until orange pants.

I don't want to look like Clemson or Syracuse. And Orange is the awful.

Reactions: sadgator
you had me until orange pants.

I don't want to look like Clemson or Syracuse. And Orange is the awful.
Spurrier liked the orange pants. We won our first title by wearing orange pants during the season.

Make the helmet white. Need orange to cover all colors. Wear orange pants and shirts vs UK with a white helmet.

To say we aren't Syracuse and Clemson with orange is like saying we aren't Duke or Kansas by wearing blue.

Forget the special orange jerseys once a year, save it for UK at home every other year. Blue pants for the road and every other year when we play UT at home. All blue vs UT.

Yeah, but we used to beat the stuffing out of them back then so it didn't matter. We have enough teams that hate us the most, we don't need any more.
No need in being scared. This is football, not Sunday service.[/QUOTE]

It's impossible to be sky-high every week. Do we want everybody circling our game on their calendar? I'm perfectly fine with playing the occasional team that hasn't been gunning for us every day for the past year.

No need in being scared. This is football, not Sunday service.

It's impossible to be sky-high every week. Do we want everybody circling our game on their calendar? I'm perfectly fine with playing the occasional team that hasn't been gunning for us every day for the past year.

No need in being scared. This is football, not Sunday service.[/QUOTE]

Spurrier liked the orange pants. We won our first title by wearing orange pants during the season.

Make the helmet white. Need orange to cover all colors. Wear orange pants and shirts vs UK with a white helmet.

To say we aren't Syracuse and Clemson with orange is like saying we aren't Duke or Kansas by wearing blue.

Forget the special orange jerseys once a year, save it for UK at home every other year. Blue pants for the road and every other year when we play UT at home. All blue vs UT.

I've seen the Blue Jersey and orange pants combo, I personally think it looks like hot trash.

I'd swallow the pill on not having white helmets if it meant I didn't have to see that garbage combination as the mainstay.

orange pants and white jerseys is fine, I'll deal with that on occasion, but please go not orange pants and blue jerseys.

I've seen the Blue Jersey and orange pants combo, I personally think it looks like hot trash.

I'd swallow the pill on not having white helmets if it meant I didn't have to see that garbage combination as the mainstay.

orange pants and white jerseys is fine, I'll deal with that on occasion, but please go not orange pants and blue jerseys.

Agreed. All one color, either color with white pants or white shirt, all white. But not blue/orange.

Meh, LSU circles Bama. LSU circles us on certain years depending on the stakes and stages.

If you aren't being circled, you aren't relevant. We were circled by every opponent in the 90's and later under Meyer. It was great.

Bring out the white jerseys at home vs LSU.

Near perfection
159212747.0.jpg

Reactions: fsu939913
I actually like the updated F. When y’all wore the all white with thise helmets it was pretty sharp. I’d like to see a white Georgia helmet myself.

it would have to be the right jersey combo. Because you guys don't wear white pants, it's a little odd. But maybe if you were doing a black-out game, I could see that.

We changed logos from angry Gator to three tooth Gator in an effort to sell more merchandise. But we've had ol' three tooth for a while, must be getting close to time to change it again to something we will like even less.

Tri-tooth reflected the local population most accurately

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT