ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Haden’s Letter to the Gators

Wonderful to see championship gators coming back and giving their advice to the current Gators. It also makes me sad that what Joe pointed out is completely true. The hit that Major Wright delivered in that game would be illegal and would have had him ejected from the game today. All these great hits and memories that make this sport what it is are no longer allowed. We are seriously only one or two steps away from flag football, and even that will be too violent for those making the rules.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Wonderful to see championship gators coming back and giving their advice to the current Gators. It also makes me sad that what Joe pointed out is completely true. The hit that Major Wright delivered in that game would be illegal and would have had him ejected from the game today. All these great hits and memories that make this sport what it is are no longer allowed. We are seriously only one or two steps away from flag football, and even that will be too violent for those making the rules.
Wright hit him with a shoulder but now that's a defenseless player...it would be targeting.

Wright hit him with a shoulder but now that's a defenseless player...it would be targeting.

If i remember correctly... It was a helmet to the throat... Which is why the OU player went down and had trouble getting up.... He couldnt breathe. Not sure if it would have been targeting but i think it would have been. Wright dipped his head right at the end. He should have went shoulder to chest.

If i remember correctly... It was a helmet to the throat... Which is why the OU player went down and had trouble getting up.... He couldnt breathe. Not sure if it would have been targeting but i think it would have been. Wright dipped his head right at the end. He should have went shoulder to chest.
Major Wright gave exactly zero ****s about the other player. Hell, he didn't even care about the damage he was doing to himself.

The only more brutal Florida I hit I can remember is that one where Tebow hit Eric Berry so hard that in the slow mo you could see both their necks compressing.

Major Wright gave exactly zero ****s about the other player. Hell, he didn't even care about the damage he was doing to himself.

The only more brutal Florida I hit I can remember is that one where Tebow hit Eric Berry so hard that in the slow mo you could see both their necks compressing.
Monty Grow’s hit on the West Virginia QB in the Sugar Bowl and Lawrence Wright’s hit on Joey Kent

Close but looks just below the neck...almost on the shoulder but a it set the pace for the game...OU wasn't getting their regular 60+ points that they had been seeing all year. Ole boy got torn up.

Close but looks just below the neck...almost on the shoulder but a it set the pace for the game...OU wasn't getting their regular 60+ points that they had been seeing all year. Ole boy got torn up.

Loom like the throat to me on the slow mo lol damn i actually had a better memory than i thought. Helmet may have slid up to the throat but i remember that WR sayi g he couldnt breathe after the hit because of the throat shot. Helluva a dam play by Major

Ok those were good too.

Best hit for fsu (if u care) is nigel bradham vs miami receiver.... He gets ejected for a shoulder to the chest.... If you want to see what targeting is not but a player still getting ejected... Check it out

Also same game Cam Newton(when he was a Gator) trucking Dennis Rogan.

Best hit for fsu (if u care) is nigel bradham vs miami receiver.... He gets ejected for a shoulder to the chest.... If you want to see what targeting is not but a player still getting ejected... Check it out
I cant remember what Florida player it was but back in the early 90's one of our guys laid out Pooh Bear William's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT