ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Biden Supported Constitutional Amendment To Overturn Roe v Wade

You still have severe anger towards me. Its odd.

200.gif

Reactions: kjfreeze
Trump was once pro-choice. People change their minds. This is a stupid thread.
People can and do change their minds and I can understand how a person can change their mind about abortion from a moral point of view. But in 2006, just 2 years before Biden would become VP, he said he didn't believe abortion was a "choice and a right". This is one major change of mind. How did he think it wasn't a right for at least 33 years? I thought the 1973 Supreme Court said it was a right, but Biden didn't think so?

The mean, not the median.

If Mini-Me walks into a room with nine Shaquille O'Neals, the mean height is what changes. The median height is effectively unchanged.
The median is the middle number in a sorted list of numbers and can be more descriptive of that data set than the average. The median is sometimes used as opposed to the mean when there are outliers in the sequence that might skew the average of the values.

kalim is the outlier that skews the average.
I meant median.😉

Reactions: gatordad3
The median is the middle number in a sorted list of numbers and can be more descriptive of that data set than the average. The median is sometimes used as opposed to the mean when there are outliers in the sequence that might skew the average of the values.

kalim is the outlier that skews the average.
I meant median.😉

The median minimizes the effect of outliers. But if you want to stick with median, then, bless your heart, you go right ahead.

The median minimizes the effect of outliers. But if you want to stick with median, then, bless your heart, you go right ahead.
Umm yeah, kalim brings down the IQ of the room. We are trying to minimize his impact. As well we should. His IQ is so low that adding him to the whole and getting the mean would severely skew the numbers of the rest of the room. It wouldn’t be an accurate representation of everyone else.

But if you want to be that board guy that picks nits, by all means do. But watch your six, If anyone on this board is sure to remind you of this moment…..it’s me.

Last edited:
Ordinarily, I wouldn't nitpick. But if you’re questioning another man’s IQ, it takes the wind out of your sails a bit.
Nah, go reread the previous post. It wouldn’t be an accurate representation of the room if we used mean. 😉

Let’s both be real, the rest of us conservatives are around 150 or above. Kalim is somewhere around Cam Newton

People can and do change their minds and I can understand how a person can change their mind about abortion from a moral point of view. But in 2006, just 2 years before Biden would become VP, he said he didn't believe abortion was a "choice and a right". This is one major change of mind. How did he think it wasn't a right for at least 33 years? I thought the 1973 Supreme Court said it was a right, but Biden didn't think so?
Trump changed his mind around the year he was planning to announce. So he was pro choice for about 30+ years. Reagan views on abortion changed from governor to president.

Why is it difficult to understand that people change their views?

Trump was pro-choice until he realized he would need to be pro-life to be a viable republican.
So you think Trump isn't really Pro-Life and is just pandering for votes?

Ok.

But he also campaigned on promising to nominate Pro-Life Supreme Court justices, and overturning Roe v Wade.

Which he just did. Another campaign promise kept. If Trump is really pandering to voters, it seems the difference in his pandering and the dems when they do it is Trump actually HELPS the voters he panders to.

Trump was also the first president to enter the WH in favor of gay marriage

As I said - if it’s what a politician believes because that’s what they truly believe is right it’s one thing, if they’re a lifelong political hack that says whatever they need to for votes it’s another.
He also had the first openly gay person serving in his cabinet.

Trump actually advanced the causes that dems just talked about. Same for the Rs, the Bushes claimed they were Pro-Life, but Trump actually got Roe v Wade overturned.

Perhaps the biggest reason why both sides tried to get rid of Trump was because he campaigned on promises, then went to Washington and FULFILLED THOSE PROMISES.

And in the process, proved that ALL politicians could have been doing this all along, they just didn't want to.

Trump changed his mind around the year he was planning to announce. So he was pro choice for about 30+ years. Reagan views on abortion changed from governor to president.

Why is it difficult to understand that people change their views?
Do you ever freakin read anything or understand anything you read? The following was my very first sentence.

"People can and do change their minds and I can understand how a person can change their mind about abortion from a moral point of view."

It is no wonder countless people on this site have a difficult time discussing things with you because you simply either don't read or do not grasp. You don't even get it when people agree with you either partially or fully on a point you have made. You shouldn't wonder why people don't want to discuss or debate with you and it's not because you may have a difference of opinion.

And as usual, you missed the point that one can change their minds on abortion in 2 ways----morally and legally and I was trying to draw a distinction and by virtue of your response, that sailed right over your head.

Last edited:
He also had the first openly gay person serving in his cabinet.

Trump actually advanced the causes that dems just talked about. Same for the Rs, the Bushes claimed they were Pro-Life, but Trump actually got Roe v Wade overturned.

Perhaps the biggest reason why both sides tried to get rid of Trump was because he campaigned on promises, then went to Washington and FULFILLED THOSE PROMISES.

And in the process, proved that ALL politicians could have been doing this all along, they just didn't want to.
That's exactly right. Lefty Commies want to nit-pick Trump, but bottom line, he did more for America than any President I've known in my lifetime. Those that hate him have stupid reasons. I'm not impressed with a lot of what he says or does outside of his office as President. What we voted for him to do, he delivered.

Wasn’t Trump a Democrat as late as 2001?
Not sure of the timeline, but all I know is he ran on the platform I liked and approved of and didn't waiver from it like some/most politicians do these days and actually delivered on his promises amid the most hostile government stabbing him in the back than any President I've lived through.

Not sure of the timeline, but all I know is he ran on the platform I liked and approved of and didn't waiver from it like some/most politicians do these days and actually delivered on his promises amid the most hostile government stabbing him in the back than any President I've lived through.
Oh I think he did a great job, and sort of still is if you count yesterday as something he did.

My point wasn’t to go after Trump, my point is he evolved slowly and consistently on the issues - his party affiliation changed based on business, but once the dems broke hard left he bailed. Like many of us he doesn’t fit neatly into a category.

Joe goes wherever the political winds take him. He’s a swampy lifer.

He NEVER waivered...I really love that about him. I do believe he needs to drop the stolen election stuff(at least publically)...even though I am 100% sure it was stolen. Our well being as a Nation DEPENDS on him being elected this time.

Oh I think he did a great job, and sort of still is if you count yesterday as something he did.

My point wasn’t to go after Trump, my point is he evolved slowly and consistently on the issues - his party affiliation changed based on business, but once the dems broke hard left he bailed. Like many of us he doesn’t fit neatly into a category.

Joe goes wherever the political winds take him. He’s a swampy lifer.
Joe goes wherever Susan Rice and Hussein TELL him to go...if he can remember what they said

So you think Trump isn't really Pro-Life and is just pandering for votes?

Ok.

But he also campaigned on promising to nominate Pro-Life Supreme Court justices, and overturning Roe v Wade.

Which he just did. Another campaign promise kept. If Trump is really pandering to voters, it seems the difference in his pandering and the dems when they do it is Trump actually HELPS the voters he panders to.

I’m not saying he was hardcore pro-choice before. I do think he understood that winning over the support of mainstream republicans meant being “pro-life” and committing to nominating justices with solid conservative backgrounds.

But yes — he did keep his promise.

I’m not saying he was hardcore pro-choice before. I do think he understood that winning over the support of mainstream republicans meant being “pro-life” and committing to nominating justices with solid conservative backgrounds.

But yes — he did keep his promise.
I think on many issues Trump was mainstream liberal and still is in some ways to this day. But he stayed where he was, the party just kept drifting to the left and away from him. Then he started moving more to the right on some issues like abortion and gun rights.

Did he do that purposely cause he was pandering for votes? Or did he 'see the light' and decide to move to the right?

In the end, not sure it really matters. What does matter is that he backs his words up with actions. People that pander (aka dems) tend to end their commitment at the words and never follow through with actions.

Reactions: BCSpell
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT