ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

We are definitely going after a transfer portal QB this off-season. We will see how Kitna does in the bowl game as I’m expecting AR to opt out.
Paco,

Thanks for the info on AR; your sources always on point !

Hope Kitna has a good bowl game; would love to see him get his chance & take off !

Any thoughts on what bowl game we go to ?

Paco,

Thanks for the info on AR; your sources always on point !

Hope Kitna has a good bowl game; would love to see him get his chance & take off !

Any thoughts on what bowl game we go to ?
No idea on bowl game. Not even sure i care much to be honest other than we get 15 more practices and experience and just play the younger guys. I’m expecting guys like AR, Ventrell Miller, O’Cyrus Torrance and some others to not even play.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
No idea on bowl game. Not even sure i care much to be honest other than we get 15 more practices and experience and just play the younger guys. I’m expecting guys like AR, Ventrell Miller, O’Cyrus Torrance and some others to not even play.
That's the trend now, one of the downsides to the new playoff system..

Reactions: PacoGator19
GONZO's

Left or Cut before the 2022 season began:

QB Emory Jones 6-2 211 rsSr ****
QB Carlos Del Rio-Wilson 6-2 225 rsFr ****
WR Jacob Copeland6-0 202 rsSr ****
TE Kemore Gamble 6-4 243 rsSr ****
RB Demarkcus Bowman 5-10 193 rsSo *****
-----
LB Mohamoud Diabate 6-3 227 Sr ****
LB Ty'Ron Hopper 6-2 228 rsJr ****
S Mordecai McDaniel 6-1 101 Jr ****
S/KR Fenley Graham Jr 5-9 171 rsSo ***
=====

In season departures:
OLB/WDE Brenton Cox 6-4 253 rsSr ***** (dismissed)
ILB Diwun Black **** (was the #1 JuCo xfer)
DB/S Kamar Wilcoxson 6-1 183 ****
CB Avery Helm 6-1 170 So ****

WR Trent Whittemore **** Grad-xfer -- (plus brother decimmited)
TE Nick Elksnis 6-6 234 ***
TE/DL/OL Griffin McDowell 6-4 288 rsJr *** (Grad-xfer)
OL Josh Braun ****
LS Marco Ortiz 6-4 236 rsJr *** - (Rubio 5-star)

And I've probably missed one or two....

Now, what any of that means is for the non-bleacher coaches to decide....

Last edited:
GONZO's

-----
=====

In season departures:

OL Josh Braun ****

Now, what any of that means if for the non-bleacher coaches to decide....
Agreed that everyone on that list did NOT hurt us by leaving and the ones leaving wont matter either. Who left before the 2022 season and had success at the school they went to?

GONZO's

-----
=====

In season departures:

OL Josh Braun ****

Now, what any of that means if for the non-bleacher coaches to decide....
Other than Hopper we did not miss any of those guys. Diabate only one that really contributed to their new team

Reactions: PacoGator19

Billy seems cool with losing players and gaining new ones.

Reactions: Nicktheslick

Tebow,

Good article - agree with much of it - thanks for posting

It's the way of the college football world now. I've had to laugh at some of my fellow FSU fans griping yesterday about Sam McCall (our highest-rated recruit last year) deciding to leave. Many are convinced that other schools have been tampering, offering sweet NIL deals to get him to leave, etc. Hell, we're pretty much the last school who should gripe about portal transfers - our success this season was almost entirely based around guys who transferred in.

It's the way of the college football world now. I've had to laugh at some of my fellow FSU fans griping yesterday about Sam McCall (our highest-rated recruit last year) deciding to leave. Many are convinced that other schools have been tampering, offering sweet NIL deals to get him to leave, etc. Hell, we're pretty much the last school who should gripe about portal transfers - our success this season was almost entirely based around guys who transferred in.
Our 2 best offensive players were transfers

Transfer portal & NIL is the new era of college football and I don’t like it. It’s not college football anymore. Some kids are basically hitting the transfer to shop themselves around for NIL deals etc. It’s like an open market and teams are contacting top players from other teams trying to convince them to join their program. It’s a mess and this isn’t what NIL was supposed to be for.

No idea if McCall is any good or not but he’s a headcase that is just shopping himself around. Yes I can almost guarantee there is tampering going on and kids being offered better NIL deals. This wasn’t the intended purpose of NIL. I knew this was going to be a mess and that is exactly what it happening.
College football has become semi-pro with basically free agency, etc.

Reactions: seffnergator

Florida football: Would Sam Hartman be a good fit for the Gators?​

Wake Forest QB Sam Hartman has had rumors around him that he may look for a new home to play his final year of college ball. And one school that has been brought up is the Florida Gators.

With guys like Anthony Richardson (NFL ?), (Jalen Kitna GONE), and Jaden Rashada coming in next year, it doesn’t seem like the Gators need to be in the market for a transf er QB this year. But there’s no sense in turning down a guy like Hartman.

There’s no real confirmation that Hartman wants to leave, but with Wake’s struggles this season, and Hartman wanting to make an impression on NFL scouts, he may be looking for a change in scenery.

Hartman, while he doesn’t have the explosiveness on the run that AR has, he’ll solve all of the struggles in the passing game that the Gators have had this year.

Sam has thrown for 3,421 yards this season on a 63% completion rate, with a 35 to 11 TD/INT ratio. He has a special deep ball, and is able to put the ball in places that shouldn’t be possible.

https://hailfloridahail.com/2022/11/30/florida-football-sam-hartman/

Our 2 best offensive players were transfers
I agree - WR Shorter was once a PSU xfer-in.
And nobody doubts that OG O'Cyrus was a very solid get....

2022 Xfer-In's

#151 WR Ricky Pearsall *** / T *** (#3-4 WR imo behind JS & XH)

OG O'Cyrus Torrence *** / T **** - Starter

CB Jalen Kimber ****

RB Montrell Johnson *** / T **** - Starter

OL Kamryn waites NR / T ****

QB Jack Miller **** / T *** (a waste of space/ship imo)

Opinions vary, so what....

Yep, bring in another QB that some other Coach has already coached-up, because.....

2023 xfer QB and 2022 xfer QB can battle it out with the 2 WO QB's to see who starts.

Yep no more Kitna. Not sure who will start in the bowl game. I think Miller is still banged up a bit.

Insta,

what about brown ?

Shouldn't they at least prepare him for QB2?

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2022 Xfer-In's

CB Jalen Kimber ****

You're right, forgot about Pearsall. So our 3 best offensive players were transfers this year. Torrence most likely first rounder.

More on Lagway

D.J. Lagway
is the No. 24 overall, No. 4 quarterback, and No. 4 player in Texas in the 2024 class who will announce his commitment on December 7, and it looks like it is a two-team between the Florida Gators and USC Trojans to land him. Last weekend, he was at The Coliseum to watch the Trojans and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and the Trojans are the team to beat. Lagway said,

"I had a great visit, really loved it there. I spent the whole weekend there, from Friday morning to Sunday afternoon, and enjoyed every bit of my time there."

Trojans head coach Lincoln Riley has been involved in his recruitment and is the lead recruiter, according to Lagway. So my prediction here is that he chooses USC.

https://mikefarrellsports.com/recru...ake-decision-soon-and-other-names-in-the-news

2022 Xfer-In's

CB Jalen Kimber ****

Pearsall had the most receiving yards on the Gators and more than double the TDs of any other receiver and that was with a very pedestrian passing QB.

Last edited:
I missed it if he did.
I don't think he has yet, though fully expect him to. However, I do respect his class in keeping his mouth shut and playing out the season before making or announcing his decision. There's just something uncool about guys announcing their plans to transfer during the middle of the season. With that said, Wright was given every chance to be in the RB rotation, actually leading the season as the starter in the backfield. It's just that Johnson & Etienne are better and earned their way past him as the season progressed. But best of luck to Nay'Quan for being a Gator and for showing class in the way he handled the situation.

I don't think he has yet, though fully expect him to. However, I do respect his class in keeping his mouth shut and playing out the season before making or announcing his decision. There's just something uncool about guys announcing their plans to transfer during the middle of the season. With that said, Wright was given every chance to be in the RB rotation, actually leading the season as the starter in the backfield. It's just that Johnson & Etienne are better and earned their way past him as the season progressed. But best of luck to Nay'Quan for being a Gator and for showing class in the way he handled the situation.
Agreed

Gators official visitors preview for December 2nd​

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-official-visitors-preview-for-december-2nd/

Defensive back Desmond Ricks made news when he reclassified to the 2023 class from the 2024 class, and he will take his first official visit this weekend. Ricks is down to Alabama, Florida, and LSU and he will take visits to all three of those schools before deciding on early signing day. The Gators have some work to do and need to regain some momentum they had, and it starts this weekend.

Defensive lineman Jordan Hall has been a priority for Billy Napier and his staff for the 2023 class and he has been on campus multiple times this fall but this weekend it will be an official visit. Georgia is the Gators’ biggest competition for Hall, but the Gators have early playing time to offer and they hope to hammer that point home this weekend.

Athlete/defensive back commit Aaron Gates will use his official visit to Florida this weekend as the Gators are battling Michigan to keep Gates in the class. Gates committed to Florida under Dan Mullen and stayed committed to Napier and company. Gates really likes the Gators’ coaching staff but the Wolverines aren’t giving up on Gates.

I don't think he has yet, though fully expect him to. However, I do respect his class in keeping his mouth shut and playing out the season before making or announcing his decision. There's just something uncool about guys announcing their plans to transfer during the middle of the season. With that said, Wright was given every chance to be in the RB rotation, actually leading the season as the starter in the backfield. It's just that Johnson & Etienne are better and earned their way past him as the season progressed.
Ocala & Paco,

According to SI, Florida Gators redshirt sophomore running back Nay’Quan Wright announced his intentions to enter the transfer portal as a graduate student this offseason on Friday.

"...But best of luck to Nay'Quan for being a Gator and for showing class in the way he handled the situation."

Well said Ocala !

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-nayquan-wright-entering-transfer-portal

Division I will waive the annual signing and initial counter limits for the 2022-23 and 2023-24 academic years, allowing schools to provide aid based on the overall roster limit of 85 scholarships for FBS football programs.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2022/5/18...ing-initial-counter-limits-for-two-years.aspx

Napier said all along that he anticipated / wanted a large exodus of players; well he got what he wanted.

Don't know if he can find & recruit that many good ones; but when all these transfers settle down & we get our final exit numbers - 55 ?
We will have space for 30 new players.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocalaman

Billy Napier drops in for 2024 QB DJ Lagway ahead of next week's decision​

Billy Napier and a Gators assistant just made a very important stop in the Lone Star State.

An hour for the visit; a day for the logistics - but absolutely critical -

Some things can't be Delagated !

https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-g...24-qb-dj-lagway-ahead-of-next-weeks-decision/

With the "Talent Gap" we are facing - Recruiting - both HS & Portal - the most critical need for our program !

Remember when tOSU HC Ryan Day "dropped in" on Kayden McDonald & how impressed McDonald was ?

Hope Billy gets the same response from Lagway !

2023 Georgia Defensive Tackle Kayden McDonald Commits To Ohio State​

The Buckeyes secured a commitment from one of the nation's most sought-after defensive linemen.
https://www.si.com/college/ohiostat...ve-tackle-kayden-mcdonald-commits-to-buckeyes

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT