ADVERTISEMENT

It’s The Peach Bowl vs. Michigan 12/29 at Noon.

Did I read that right? I think ESPN screwed up and said we beat Michigan 41-7 in the Citrus Bowl on their graphic.

That DC likes to run blitz a lot. Hopefully Mullen has a good plan for that with Franks.

Cali Wolverine

December 2nd, 2018 at 3:28 PM ^

How many times do we have to beat the sh*t out of Florida before we can be matched up with someone else?

Chitown Kev

December 2nd, 2018 at 3:14 PM ^

yuck...

...Frankly, I hope this doesn't deflate the team too much and...let's see some new stuff from the offense,,,I am tired of Florida like everyone else

pinkfloyd2000

December 2nd, 2018 at 3:15 PM ^

All the ingredients were present for some very intriguing non-playoff bowl matchups. Michigan-LSU. UCF-Florida.

And we get this. Again.

I gotta say it, folks: I love my Wolverine football with a passion, but right now, I have exactly ZERO interest in this game.

A Lot of Milk

December 2nd, 2018 at 3:36 PM ^

Are you ****ing serious? You think people are confusing Florida State for Florida?? Do you wanna tell me who Michigan played in the season opener last year? That might help clear up your confusion on the fact that we HAVE PLAYED FLORIDA 3 TIMES IN THE LAST FOUR YEARS

B1G or Bust

December 2nd, 2018 at 3:45 PM ^

Instead we got a SUPER ****ing boring ass triple-rematch with Florida.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Those who stay!
--------------------------------------------

I guess they don't like this matchup again either. :D

Michigan has killed us in the past...we'll see how the game goes...we'll show up to play. Was hoping to play someone new though...UCF would have been awesome.

Michigan is a good team, they will look to prove that waxing to Ohio State was not who they are.

I hope Mullen is watching that tape closely, gotta exploit their blitz packages. Running will be difficult, they had trouble with crossing patterns. The problem is Frank's isn't the accurate passer Haskins is.

Don’t blame them for not being excited. This is a team who we’ve played three times in the last 4 years and it’s not like they’re our rivals or whatever. We don’t recruit against them or anything. I would have rather played UCF too, better storyline and a different matchup.

Michigan is a good team, they will look to prove that waxing to Ohio State was not who they are.

I hope Mullen is watching that tape closely, gotta exploit their blitz packages. Running will be difficult, they had trouble with crossing patterns. The problem is Frank's isn't the accurate passer Haskins is.

Kind of how I see it also with all the blitzing that DC does. I am sure Mullen will have a good plan but Franks isn't the type of QB to really kill a team playing a lot of man coverage.

Kind of how I see it also with all the blitzing that DC does. I am sure Mullen will have a good plan but Franks isn't the type of QB to really kill a team playing a lot of man coverage.

I trust Mullen to draw up a gameplan, I don't know if Frank's can execute the precision passes though. He is like a career 58% passer.

Any chance that accurate passer Trask is back for the bowl game? :D
Well, maybe Franks can surprise everyone one more time... :confused:

======

At the start of the 2018 season, what were 'they' saying...
The SEC is not as strong of a conference as they have been in the recent past.
The SECe is the weak link in the SEC.
There is no way that UF will finish in the Top 10 rankings, at best 4-5 in the SECe.

And 'they' get paid for that kind of wizz-dumb.... :rolleyes:

Final CFP Top 25 Poll:

1. UA - SECw
5. UGA - SECe
10. UF - SECe
11. LSU - SECw
14. UK - SECe
18 MsSt - SECw
19. aTm - SECw
23. Mizz - SECe

UA wins the SEC-C,,, again. :cool:
The SEC-C was the most watched college football game in 7 years on any network. ;)
There are 3 SEC teams in the the Top 10, 2 are from the SECe.
There are a total of 8 of 14 SEC teams in the Final Top 23.
The SECe went 9-6 vs SECw (that's including the SEC-C game)
UF finished #2 in the SECe

#7 10-2 Mich vs #10 9-3 UF in the Peach Bowl
Here's to hoping that they both finish 10-3... :)
GGGoooooooGATORS.

Reactions: rdgtr
Any chance that accurate passer Trask is back for the bowl game? :D
Well, maybe Franks can surprise everyone one more time... :confused:

======

At the start of the 2018 season, what were 'they' saying...
The SEC is not as strong of a conference as they have been in the recent past.
The SECe is the weak link in the SEC.
There is no way that UF will finish in the Top 10 rankings, at best 4-5 in the SECe.

And 'they' get paid for that kind of wizz-dumb.... :rolleyes:

Final CFP Top 25 Poll:

1. UA - SECw
5. UGA - SECe
10. UF - SECe
11. LSU - SECw
14. UK - SECe
18 MsSt - SECw
19. aTm - SECw
23. Mizz - SECe

UA wins the SEC-C,,, again. :cool:
The SEC-C was the most watched college football game in 7 years on any network. ;)
There are 3 SEC teams in the the Top 10, 2 are from the SECe.
There are a total of 8 of 14 SEC teams in the Final Top 23.
The SECe went 9-6 vs SECw (that's including the SEC-C game)
UF finished #2 in the SECe

#7 10-2 Mich vs #10 9-3 UF in the Peach Bowl
Here's to hoping that they both finish 10-3... :)
GGGoooooooGATORS.
Pretty impressive that half of the conference ended the season ranked in the top 25. That's a strong showing.

They will play with a chip on their shoulder which helps them. Big Ten school against the SEC, and especially Florida , which has a really big name.

If we pretend to be Ohio State their small dicks will shrivel even more and we win easy.

But I agree with their fans, other than the arrogance that last year's games have true bearing on anything, this does not inspire.

Meatchickens Season

W - UM 42 - 7 PSU #12
W - UM 20-17 @ NW #22
-----
W - UM 38 - 13 Wis NR 7-5
W - UM 21 - 7 @ MichSt NR 7-5
W - UM 31 - 20 Ind NR 5-7
W - UM 42 - 21 Maryland NR 5-7
W - UM 42 - 7 @ Rutgers NR 1-11
W - 3 Patsy opponents
=====
L - UM 17 - 24 ND #3
L - UM 39 - 62 @ tOSU #6

=====
=====

Gators Season

W - UF 29 - 19 LSU #11
W - UF 13 - 6 @ MsSt #18
-----
W - UF 35 - 31 SCa NR 7-5
W - UF 37 - 27 @ VU NR 6-6 (lost @ #3 ND by 5 pts)
W - UF 47 - 21 @ TN NR 5-7 (won @ AU - beat #14 UK)
W - UF 41 - 14 FSU NR 5-7 (beat BC)
W - 3 Patsy opponents
=====
L - UF 19 - 36 UGA #5 - Neutral Site - WLOCP
L - UF 16 - 27 UK #14
L - UF 17 - 38 Mizz #23

Peach Bowl in Hotlanta
10-2 Michigan vs Florida 9-3 #10

Trivia
UF beat #11 LSU and @ #18 MsSt
UM beat #12 PSU and @ #22 NW

All Rankings using the Final CFP Poll
And all of that amounts to NADA when the Peach kicks off... :cool:

Last edited:
Let me know when you’re calling Finebaum today. I’ll tune in.

:D:D:D

I've never called the Fire-bomb, and have no intention of ever doing so. o_O

The fact that you listen is pretty funny to me though. :D
I guess that the 2nd tier ACC doesn't have a network of it's own... :cool:

:D:D:D

I've never called the Fire-bomb, and have no intention of ever doing so. o_O

The fact that you listen is pretty funny to me though. :D
I guess that the 2nd tier ACC doesn't have a network of it's own... :cool:
Reading your posts and listening to that show just make me feel better about myself. Thanks for all you do.

I guess reading his posts and listening to LSU, Bama, UGA, and AU folks call in and talk to pencil neck beats watching a Willie Taggart led FSU.
No doubt about it. FSU stuck with meaningless victories for at least another year or two.

Maybe but you still can’t beat Michigan.

Haven't beat the meatchicken weasels yet,,, doesn't equate to can't.
tOSU own's Mich.
Mich own's UF
UF own's tOSU in both football and B-Ball.

Mich is somewhat like Miami. They have both been fortunate in which years they have played UF.

BTW, in UF's most recent game, they owned FSUcks 41-14.
In the biggest game in their history, UF owned FSUcks 52-20.
And UF still owns FSUcks in the all time W/L record.
Happy now? ;)

No. My team sucks but your mental gymnastics and deflection are entertaining.

They will play with a chip on their shoulder which helps them. Big Ten school against the SEC, and especially Florida , which has a really big name.

If we pretend to be Ohio State their small dicks will shrivel even more and we win easy.

But I agree with their fans, other than the arrogance that last year's games have true bearing on anything, this does not inspire.

Totally disagree.

This is a team that thought for a good 6 weeks of the season that they were going to go to the CFP. Now they got their doors blown off by their rival, again, so instead they got the Peach Bowl against a team they don't want to play. If Michigan shows up at all for this game I will be shocked.

UF, OTOH, had no bowl last year, and gets a shot at the team that started the downward spiral last year (ok, technically, having a dozen players suspended started the downward spiral, but the Michigan game was where it showed to the world). So I see UF having quite a bit of motivation to prove we aren't that team any more.

Also, I think we match up pretty well with Michigan. Their defense is pretty good (but got torn up by the OSU offense, which our offense is similar to), but their offense is no great shakes. Not bad, just slow and conservative. I expect Jones to play quite a bit, and Michigan has very little film on him, so he could be a real bright spot.

I feel pretty confident about this game.

I trust Mullen to draw up a gameplan, I don't know if Frank's can execute the precision passes though. He is like a career 58% passer.

The bowl practices in Gainesville are going to be all about getting reps for Jones. When we get to Atlanta it's going to be game prep, which will be Franks mostly, but in the game look for Jones to have a bit more polish and at least 6 plays he hasn't run in a game before.

The bowl practices in Gainesville are going to be all about getting reps for Jones. When we get to Atlanta it's going to be game prep, which will be Franks mostly, but in the game look for Jones to have a bit more polish and at least 6 plays he hasn't run in a game before.

If it doesn't burn his redshift I would like to see him play in the pocket. I know they have been trying him in some wildcat or running plays but from what I saw on his high school tape he can fling the ball.

I just fear the statue Frank's will play into what Michigan likes to do. I know Haskins isn't known for his wheels either but he has a quicker release and is more accurate.

If it doesn't burn his redshift I would like to see him play in the pocket. I know they have been trying him in some wildcat or running plays but from what I saw on his high school tape he can fling the ball.

I just fear the statue Frank's will play into what Michigan likes to do. I know Haskins isn't known for his wheels either but he has a quicker release and is more accurate.

His redshirt is safe.

Totally disagree.

This is a team that thought for a good 6 weeks of the season that they were going to go to the CFP. Now they got their doors blown off by their rival, again, so instead they got the Peach Bowl against a team they don't want to play. If Michigan shows up at all for this game I will be shocked.

UF, OTOH, had no bowl last year, and gets a shot at the team that started the downward spiral last year (ok, technically, having a dozen players suspended started the downward spiral, but the Michigan game was where it showed to the world). So I see UF having quite a bit of motivation to prove we aren't that team any more.

Also, I think we match up pretty well with Michigan. Their defense is pretty good (but got torn up by the OSU offense, which our offense is similar to), but their offense is no great shakes. Not bad, just slow and conservative. I expect Jones to play quite a bit, and Michigan has very little film on him, so he could be a real bright spot.

I feel pretty confident about this game.

Hope your right.

Still remember how much harder they played ten years ago, taunting after every play etc...then again three years ago. It simply looked like it mattered more to them.

Last year they were just better.

Yes, coming off a 4-8 season, new coach, some nice wins, a stomping of FSU and a chance at ten wins and a top ten start to next season should have us play hard. I just do not think the champion of the games that don’t quite mean as much, Harbaugh, will not have his kids ready in spite of them being Cucks to OhioState.

Hope your right.

Still remember how much harder they played ten years ago, taunting after every play etc...then again three years ago. It simply looked like it mattered more to them.

Last year they were just better.

Yes, coming off a 4-8 season, new coach, some nice wins, a stomping of FSU and a chance at ten wins and a top ten start to next season should have us play hard. I just do not think the champion of the games that don’t quite mean as much, Harbaugh, will not have his kids ready in spite of them being Cucks to OhioState.

Well, flip the script. How would UF players react if they thought they were going to the CFP, but got beat by FSU (badly) and fell out of the CFP talk, but still thought for a week they could get the Sugar, only to end up in the Peach, against a team they have no interest in playing?

ADVERTISEMENT