ADVERTISEMENT

Is this guy trustworthy?

Darren Heitner has been spot on thus far. Remember he was the one that tweeted about Mac's firing during the week leading up to the UGa game and subsequent Mac firing.
Then why in the name of JESUS would Spurrier do this to GatorNation. We all supported him and now he turns against us :(

Just because SOS has an opinion, doesn't mean he has any power over the decision

It's not Spurrier, Spurrier has no real authority. I have a very good source in the legal department at UF and the problem is Jeremy Foley. Foley is in the ear of several large boosters about Chip Kelly's character and they are listening. The contract has been drafted, Kelly is on Board and the only thing holding it up is UF's signature. And UF is being held up because of Foley. If Kelly ends up somewhere else, it's because of Jeremy Foley. My buddy is as close to this deal as anyone. That's all I can say without precisely identifying who he is and getting him in trouble. And believe me if I did, Foley would have his ass. Unfortunately Foley still has a lot of power at the school because he is tight with several Bull Gators.

It's not Spurrier, Spurrier has no real authority. I have a very good source in the legal department at UF and the problem is Jeremy Foley. Foley is in the ear of several large boosters about Chip Kelly's character and they are listening. The contract has been drafted, Kelly is on Board and the only thing holding it up is UF's signature. And UF is being held up because of Foley. If Kelly ends up somewhere else, it's because of Jeremy Foley. My buddy is as close to this deal as anyone. That's all I can say without precisely identifying who he is and getting him in trouble. And believe me if I did, Foley would have his ass. Unfortunately Foley still has a lot of power at the school because he is tight with several Bull Gators.
Why would bullgators listen to foley after zook, muschamp and mac? I thought 3 strikes youre out

Reactions: TennesseeGator
This Heitner guy has no idea what is going on right now. He's just wrong.

What about WestLakeGator? Does he know what he's talking about ITT up above with Foley being the one holding Chip up and pushing some Boosters towards Strong?

Go with Paco. Another guy, a former player, has been posting in line with Paco just said its happening and he is even more confident. I think Paco knows

Go with Paco. Another guy, a former player, has been posting in line with Paco just said its happening and he is even more confident. I think Paco knows

What scares me is the few people that sometimes know something on stuff like this at other sites also have all went quiet and aren't repeating the deal is already done 100% stuff anymore. I think someone must be arguing about who to hire.

What scares me is the few people that sometimes know something on stuff like this at other sites also have all went quiet and aren't repeating the deal is already done 100% stuff anymore. I think someone must be arguing about who to hire.

Repeating it now, saying more confident

I'll believe it when I see it. I still think it's Kelly, but my confidence isn't near what it was 24 hours ago. I have no sources, just insiders from paid account, but Florida always gets burned on these coaching searches when it's a coach the fan base unanimously wants. Not getting my hopes up but I hope to hell he is right.

I've given Foley a pass, generally, on hiring the last two stiffs, because he's been excellent otherwise, but he needs to stay the hell out of Stricklin's way on this one.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

I still think it will be him also but I am glad the media ran with this holdup story if that is in fact going on. Might put pressure on them to cut the mess out. Foley is a joke if its him because he hired 3 duds when he made the actual decision.

Okay, okay, I'll admit it... o_O
It's been me all along that's holding up the hire... :p
What we're all waiting on right now is for that check that they put in to clear, and then once the bag arrives here, I'll let the hire proceed... :cool:

Because 'In Gawd We Trust -- But All Others Must Pay Cash' :D

Foley is not in the way. He's not pushing for Strong.

This Heitner guy is just stirring the pot.

Just because SOS has an opinion, doesn't mean he has any power over the decision
SOS is the greatest Gator ever...he can have his say. Doesn't mean it's going that way. We will know something in the next week...hopefully sooner. Guy is right...big moment for Stricklin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT