ADVERTISEMENT

Is Miami 17 the same as Auburn 13?

Still a lot of football to be played.
Right now they are looking tough as hell.

Usually by this time Richt would have already Richt'd....and UGA just UGA'd. So maybe it was just a UGA thing and not a Richt thing.

I was thinking about it yesterday. Auburn had some crazy plays at the end of games to win. Should have lost a few of them, Miami did the same against g tech and Fsu.

Both ended the yr way better than they started playing with extreme confidence.
Talent wise, im not sure the U is a top 10, maybe not even top15 but my gawd they play together, execute a gameplan, and just play with an abundance of confidence

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Miami has some intangibles going for them, much like auburn did. There’s something about being discounted by the media and polls, it tends to galvanize a teams resolve. Things like that tend to make a team stick together and play a little harder for each other.

Being on top and getting all the love seems to make players seek more individual attention. The bright spotlight brings out the worst in most people.

Not unless Cam leaves carolina for coral gables

Yeah, I don't think the teams are similar at all. The Auburn team was as much a one-man gang as I think I've ever seen in college football. They had some other players, obviously, but without Cam, that's a typical Auburn 7-9 win team. Miami wins with Defense, primarily. But they seem to get a little bit from everywhere. A good comparison might be the 2002 Luckeyes.

I think Miami would lose to Bama, Oklahoma or OSU in the playoffs but if they beat Clemson they are a pretty good team.

Reactions: ocalaman
Yeah, I don't think the teams are similar at all. The Auburn team was as much a one-man gang as I think I've ever seen in college football. They had some other players, obviously, but without Cam, that's a typical Auburn 7-9 win team. Miami wins with Defense, primarily. But they seem to get a little bit from everywhere. A good comparison might be the 2002 Luckeyes.
You’re confusing the 2010 auburn team with the 2013 version. In 2010 they went 14-0 and crushed people.

We’re talking about the team that should have lost 3-4 games and found a way to pull out miracles. With a roster that didn’t suggest they should have been able to do that. They had a former transfer DB playing Qb. That team shit the bed in the NC game and handed it to FSU. Game should have been over at halftime.

Reactions: fsu939913

Yep and without that D lineman the defense on Auburn that year (2010) would have been a lot worse. He was the difference in them beating Oregon on the last second FG in the BCSCG.

You’re confusing the 2010 auburn team with the 2013 version. In 2010 they went 14-0 and crushed people.

We’re talking about the team that should have lost 3-4 games and found a way to pull out miracles. With a roster that didn’t suggest they should have been able to do that. They had a former transfer DB playing Qb. That team shit the bed in the NC game and handed it to FSU. Game should have been over at halftime.

Oh, ok. Yeah that’s closer. This Miami team wins with defense more, I think. They’re also playing better as the year goes on. They didn’t luck into the ND game. But I could see that. I have three small children and so no concept of time. 2010, 2013, it all seems the same to me.

Cam was not on the 13 team......jesus

The 2010 team at Auburn did not crush people, their defense was bad..

Every time people start TRULY believing in a team like Miami, they pull a Notre Dame.. Miami just beat them to the punch..

When they finally get some respect in this poll, well...

The 2010 team at Auburn did not crush people, their defense was bad..

Every time people start TRULY believing in a team like Miami, they pull a Notre Dame.. Miami just beat them to the punch..

When they finally get some respect in this poll, well...

I think all they have left is pitt and virginia who are not great

I dont think Miami is great, i think Miami has been lucky but i do think they are much better now than when we played them

I think all they have left is pitt and virginia who are not great

I dont think Miami is great, i think Miami has been lucky but i do think they are much better now than when we played them

well they are lucky FSU is awful and has a QB that plays exactly like his last name says or they would have lost for SURE Saturday with Clemson.. Clemson sucks just enough for Miamis defense to give their QB hell

but Clemson is still a 9.5 point favorite right now in vegas against them...

Reactions: fsu939913
well they are lucky FSU is awful and has a QB that plays exactly like his last name says or they would have lost for SURE Saturday with Clemson.. Clemson sucks just enough for Miamis defense to give their QB hell

but Clemson is still a 9.5 point favorite right now in vegas against them...

Clemson’s not 10 points better than Miami on a neutral field. Miami could definitely win that game. They might even get in the playoff with a loss to Clemson.

They can beat them, but i don't think they have enough juice in the bags department to survive a loss in their last game before the post season in the ACC...

Clemson’s not 10 points better than Miami on a neutral field. Miami could definitely win that game. They might even get in the playoff with a loss to Clemson.

I don’t know how ESPN even has Clemson ahead of Miami when Miami has won games against tougher opponents………

BTW I’m foreseeing legislature stepping up once again very soon for force NCAA to have a full playoff system because even right now it’s still flawed…They need to go with a 8 or 12 or 16 team playoff format…

Auburn 2013 was better than 10. Their offense was harder to defend and they played a tougher schedule.

I don’t know how ESPN even has Clemson ahead of Miami when Miami has won games against tougher opponents………

BTW I’m foreseeing legislature stepping up once again very soon for force NCAA to have a full playoff system because even right now it’s still flawed…They need to go with a 8 or 12 or 16 team playoff format…

Christ dude.

That is a terrible platform.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT