ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Story

BillCutting4585

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2020
I’ve made it a point to stay away from the covid posts but this was an interesting conversation.

This morning, I was playing golf with a few friends and one of them invited another who happens to be an anesthesiologist.

So I asked him what his thoughts are on covid and he said it was scary as hell at first because they didn’t know anything about it. Once they were able to study it more, understood the virus and how it spreads, they were able to combat it and the vaccine was created.

I asked him if he was vaxxed and he said yes, he told me that the University of Utah doesn’t have a vaxxed mandate… yet. He asked if I was vaxxed and I told him not due to not knowing long term data. He said I was smart but the vaccine does help. However, the people in the ICU, IN THE STATE OF UTAH, is about 50/50 with vaxxed or unvaxxed.

Now the kicker, he said this new Lamda variant (whatever it’s called) is a nasty one and the vaccine does not protect you from it.

I am not a doctor, I do not pretend to be a doctor and at this point I could careless if you’re vaxxed or unvaxxed. The reason for the post is to give you all an opinion of an anesthesiologist and to warn that the government is going to lock us down again due to the variant and no protection against it.

I fear that a forced lockdown would be the spark needed to set off the tinderbox we find ourselves in.

I just can't see a forced lockdown happening now unless things get, unequivocally, a lot worse than it is now.
There will be regions even in the bluest of states that are going to make the 2020 rioters look like even bigger pussies than we already know them to be. People will not watch their businesses fail again or put up with house arrest in the name of “health.”

They need to let this stuff run its course and treat the high risk infected the best they can. No delays in starting invermectin etc. I think there should have been a bigger push to stress keeping your D3 and zinc levels good also. While telling people you can't go too crazy on zinc and need that ratio with copper.

Reactions: fsumc
I fear that a forced lockdown would be the spark needed to set off the tinderbox we find ourselves in.

I just can't see a forced lockdown happening now unless things get, unequivocally, a lot worse than it is now.
The issue is, the media will continue to say it is much worse than it is. And as we see on this board every day, many people will continue to BELIEVE it is much worse than it is.

I think I can see the end game here: Pit gun owners vs non-gun owners. Gun owners will rebal against consistently having their freedoms and personal liberties, and Constitutional Rights trampled on.

The non-gun owners are different. They need to be given a reason to fight back. The media supplies that reason with the spin that they are non-vaccinated, and non-vaccinated are killing us all.

The dems hope that sparks a Civil War, which they think they can put down, then use THAT to eliminate the 2nd Amendment, and our Right to Bear Arms.

When the dems have all the guns, they truly have all the power. I suspect that's the end game here. Sheep will continue to be unwitting fools in speeding their own demise.

• Wow
Reactions: BamaFan1137

Define tinderbox? Are we talking the summer we had last year or you talking a full on assault on the government? Both could happen in my opinion so stay safe out there.

I can see the lock downs returning 100%. Not because our government actually cares about any of us but more for control.

The issue is, the media will continue to say it is much worse than it is. And as we see on this board every day, many people will continue to BELIEVE it is much worse than it is.

I think I can see the end game here: Pit gun owners vs non-gun owners. Gun owners will rebal against consistently having their freedoms and personal liberties, and Constitutional Rights trampled on.

The non-gun owners are different. They need to be given a reason to fight back. The media supplies that reason with the spin that they are non-vaccinated, and non-vaccinated are killing us all.

The dems hope that sparks a Civil War, which they think they can put down, then use THAT to eliminate the 2nd Amendment, and our Right to Bear Arms.

When the dems have all the guns, they truly have all the power. I suspect that's the end game here. Sheep will continue to be unwitting fools in speeding their own demise.

That's frightening as hell if I'm being honest. I hope like hell that you are wrong.

Define tinderbox? Are we talking the summer we had last year or you talking a full on assault on the government? Both could happen in my opinion so stay safe out there.

I can see the lock downs returning 100%. Not because our government actually cares about any of us but more for control.

Tough to say but I guess the fear is the full on explosion of violence.

I'm not saying that is more likely than a redo of "the summer of love" but absolute chaos doesn't sound like it would be beyond the realm of possibility. People are scared and people are pissed off. That's a volatile combo in my experience.

BTW, also in my experience, it's not just one kind of people who are scared and pissed. Different people from different backgrounds.

Tough to say but I guess the fear is the full on explosion of violence.

I'm not saying that is more likely than a redo of "the summer of love" but absolute chaos doesn't sound like it would be beyond the realm of possibility. People are scared and people are pissed off. That's a volatile comb in my experience.

BTW, also in my experience, it's not just one kind of people who are scared and pissed. Different people from different backgrounds.
There will be the few who just want to see the world burn, that’s what happened during the summer of love.

There will be a group that has yet to enter the fight who believe in preserving our way of life.

Weird chatter right now. This is my 2nd career and I haven't spent a lifetime doing what I'm now doing but I've never heard the sort of thing I'm hearing now.

We should all tread lightly. Discretion is the better part of valor.

There will be the few who just want to see the world burn, that’s what happened during the summer of love.

There will be a group that has yet to enter the fight who believe in preserving our way of life.

Agree. I just hope that group understands ALL of the consequences. History is replete with well-meaning actions that have devolved into unintended chaos and suffering.

Weird chatter right now. This is my 2nd career and I haven't spent a lifetime doing what I'm now doing but I've never heard the sort of thing I'm hearing now.

We should all tread lightly. Discretion is the better part of valor.
Chatter?

Agree. I just hope that group understands ALL of the consequences. History is replete with well-meaning actions that have devolved into unintended chaos and suffering.
Its called Romania and anyone contemplating a remedy other than the ballot box needs to study it. A "civil war" would be a disaster. Also it would take a special group of military and or intelligence types to pull it off as they are capable of carrying out the compartmentalization needed to prevent infiltration by the spooks.

If you read between the lines…..fauci is telegraphing whats coming. IMO
I think there's a lot of truth to this. And sadly, there's still a TON of people on the left that believe him blindly.

I think he puts the ideas out there, then the media amplifies them into reality.

Not in my county but there's a group with a working plan (a plan they THINK would work) to isolate themselves from retaliation if things truly kick off.

I can't go into the plan but it's some seriously terrifying stuff. I'm assuming that it won't work as the plan appears to be known but just the fact that there is a plan and some believe that this group could somehow believe that they can pull it off, holy crap.

The chatter is human intelligence and other stuff.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
Its called Romania and anyone contemplating a remedy other than the ballot box needs to study it. A "civil war" would be a disaster. Also it would take a special group of military and or intelligence types to pull it off as they are capable of carrying out the compartmentalization needed to prevent infiltration by the spooks.

I'm not saying that there isn't ever a point where action is justified...but I do worry about yahoos going off half-cocked.

...but cocked enough to harm our brothers and sisters. That sounds worse than every other option IMHO.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
Not in my county but there's a group with a working plan (a plan they THINK would work) to isolate themselves from retaliation if things truly kick off.

I can't go into the plan but it's some seriously terrifying stuff. I'm assuming that it won't work as the plan appears to be known but just the fact that there is a plan and some believe that this group could somehow believe that they can pull it off, holy crap.

The chatter is human intelligence and other stuff.
And that is the thing. You need to have training in MI or CIA ops to truly pull something off. You need to know how to compartmentalize your approach/plan in order to be successful and prevent infiltration from the IBF <-read right to left. I know what needs to be done but not how to do it.

So its retirement to the woods for me at some point. I hope to live out my days unmolested by the LGBTQ filth, gubment overreach, high taxes and the need for modernities rent-seeking greed.

You are LEO and find it terrifying. Depending on the targets I may not be as upset.

Reactions: BillCutting4585
You are LEO and find it terrifying. Depending on the targets I may not be as upset.

Righteous or otherwise, I think it would be terrifying. WW2 was imo the most justified fight in modern times (that I'm aware of) but still it was entirely terrifying.

Also, I'm doubting that I share many actual objectives with that sort of group.

Righteous or otherwise, I think it would be terrifying. WW2 was imo the most justified fight in modern times (that I'm aware of) but still it was entirely terrifying.

Also, I'm doubting that I share many actual objectives with that sort of group.
Yeah I do not know.

I would like a return to Liberty not licentiousness. A return to the constitutional order. A repeal of 1913. A respect for private property. A more civil society. A place where church is prominent in society but not a country club with a nice coffee shop. A place where tats, piercings and rec. drug use are eschewed by most. A place where kids can play without constant supervision and fear of stranger danger.

If they are run of the mill thugs involved in some KKK/Hitler style cult count me out.

I doubt redstate gubs are going to go along with another lock down. The legislature here would put the kabosh on Lee and he isn't inclined to do this anyway. I can see mask mandates returning but not a shutdown here in TN.
Some, especially in the Deep South, will fight it, but I think you'd be surprised at how many will go along. Florida won't, but I can absolutely see MeeMaw Ivey doing another one for Alabama.

The power and influence and threat of the power in DC has a LONG reach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT