ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting stat

PacoGator19

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2006
Florida is 4th in the SEC in PPG. At 34.4 points per game, Florida trails only Alabama (53.6), Ole Miss (41.6), and Georgia (36.7). Florida has played three of the four top scoring defenses in the conference (Mississippi State, Kentucky, and LSU). In 2017, the Gators finished 13th in scoring offense (22.1).

This year UF is 34th in the country in yards per play. Last year we were 100th in the country.

For comparison purposes FSU is 116th in the country in yards per play.

Since you always seem to forget when posting here... :cool:

#2 UF
24 - 14 #1 CHOKE-la-homo's

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

#19 Texazz 48 - 45 #7 CHOKE-la-homo's

Since you always seem to forget when posting here... :cool:

#2 UF
24 - 14 #1 CHOKE-la-homo's

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

#19 Texazz 48 - 45 #7 CHOKE-la-homo's

:eek::rolleyes:

4-8

Kantuck 27

Lizzerds 16

3* Dan breaks 31 year drought :eek:

:D:D

2006 Football & Basketball NC's
2007 Basketball NC
2008 Football NC
2017 Baseball CWS Champions

Now, list for me your Chokers Men's Big 3:
Last 2 Football NC's
Last 2 Basketball NC's
Last Baseball CWS-C

Plus UF's 34 consecutive years in the final Top 10 for the Director's Cup. :p

More on that STATS thingy.... :cool:

RB Jordan Scarlett 5-11 210 rsJr 70 for 381 yds, 5.4 ypc, 3 TD's, L-48
Receiving - 5 for 60 yds, 12 yds/rec, 0 TD, L-30

RB Lamical Perine 5-11 227 Jr - 69 for 376 yds, 5.4 ypc, 3 TD's, L-25
Receiving - 8 for 142 yds, 17.8 yds/rec, 0 TD, L-63

RB Dameon Pierce 5-10 216 Fr - 35 for 295 yds, 8.4 ypc, 2 TD's, L-68
Receiving - 1 for 6 yds, 6.0 yds/rec, 0 TD, L-6

* RB Malik Davis 5-11 191 So - 13 for 61 yds, 4.7 ypc, 0 TD, L-19
Receiving - 3 for 33 ydds, 11 yds/rec, 0 TD, L-19
* Out with a broken foot after the 1st 3 games. (medical red-shirt?)

RB/FS Iverson Clement 5-11 202 Fr - 1 for 5 yds, 5.0 ypc, 0 TD, L-5
Moved to FS early on for depth. Depth established, he's returned to RB.
A likely red-shirt candidate, barring injuries to others.

** Feleipe' Franks 6-6 240 rsSo - 55 for 126 yds, 2.3 ypc, 1 TD, L-21
Receiving - 1 for 15 yds. (from TE Krull)

~ Team Rushing - 271 for 1,381 net yds, 5.1 ypc, 10 TD's, L-68 yds.
(on pace for a season 2,762 yds, 20 TD's)

Note: Both Scarlett and Perine are fast becoming candidates to leave early for the NFL.
Davis rsSo - Pierce So - Clement rsFr - back next year, plus any newbees...

More on that STATS thingy.... :cool:

RB Jordan Scarlett 5-11 210 rsJr 70 for 381 yds, 5.4 ypc, 3 TD's, L-48
Receiving - 5 for 60 yds, 12 yds/rec, 0 TD, L-30

RB Lamical Perine 5-11 227 Jr - 69 for 376 yds, 5.4 ypc, 3 TD's, L-25
Receiving - 8 for 142 yds, 17.8 yds/rec, 0 TD, L-63

RB Dameon Pierce 5-10 216 Fr - 35 for 295 yds, 8.4 ypc, 2 TD's, L-68
Receiving - 1 for 6 yds, 6.0 yds/rec, 0 TD, L-6

* RB Malik Davis 5-11 191 So - 13 for 61 yds, 4.7 ypc, 0 TD, L-19
Receiving - 3 for 33 ydds, 11 yds/rec, 0 TD, L-19
* Out with a broken foot after the 1st 3 games. (medical red-shirt?)

RB/FS Iverson Clement 5-11 202 Fr - 1 for 5 yds, 5.0 ypc, 0 TD, L-5
Moved to FS early on for depth. Depth established, he's returned to RB.
A likely red-shirt candidate, barring injuries to others.

** Feleipe' Franks 6-6 240 rsSo - 55 for 126 yds, 2.3 ypc, 1 TD, L-21
Receiving - 1 for 15 yds. (from TE Krull)

~ Team Rushing - 271 for 1,381 net yds, 5.1 ypc, 10 TD's, L-68 yds.
(on pace for a season 2,762 yds, 20 TD's)

Note: Both Scarlett and Perine are fast becoming candidates to leave early for the NFL.
Davis rsSo - Pierce So - Clement rsFr - back next year, plus any newbees...
I'm glad to see you are coming around to that Jordan Scarlett plays a valuable role in the offense. I'll agree he has limitations but he has talents as well. Pierce will be a complete back once he gets coached up a full season plus spring.

I'm glad to see you are coming around to that Jordan Scarlett plays a valuable role in the offense. I'll agree he has limitations but he has talents as well. Pierce will be a complete back once he gets coached up a full season plus spring.

I'm glad to see that you're giving Pierce some credit (though not enough imo). I believe that Pierce is already a 'complete' back, run, receive, block.
IF both Scarlett and Perine both leave early, I think the Gators will be fine with these 3 returning: Davis rsSo - Pierce So - Clement rsFr + newbees.

I've always had Scarlett in my projected RB by committee, just not as the one getting the most carries by far, like he began the season getting. That has changed now, and for the better imoho. :cool:

BTW & FYI ---
All 3 Gator RB's (Scarlett-Perine-Pierce) are in the Top 25 in the SEC.
Mizzou is the only other SEC team with 3 RB's all in the SEC Top 25.

If you remember, I'm the one that said that UF would have the best and the deepest RB corp in the SEC, and maybe in the entire nation.. ;)
(even without injured Davis and RB/FS Clement)

Reactions: bradleygator
I'm glad to see that you're giving Pierce some credit (though not enough imo). I believe that Pierce is already a 'complete' back, run, receive, block.
IF both Scarlett and Perine both leave early, I think the Gators will be fine with these 3 returning: Davis rsSo - Pierce So - Clement rsFr + newbees.

I've always had Scarlett in my projected RB by committee, just not as the one getting the most carries by far, like he began the season getting. That has changed now, and for the better imoho. :cool:

BTW & FYI ---

If you remember, I'm the one that said that UF would have the best and the deepest RB corp in the SEC, and maybe in the entire nation.. ;)

Can't argue with the running game's success to this point, but I would like to see Pierce involved more and involved earlier. I think he's our best player with the ball. If he can't block, then just run him about 10 times a game. I do notice that he runs it basically every play he's in there, so probably the defense keys on it.

Agree, they have mostly used him to end games when they are running out the clock with running plays that everybody knows are coming. He needs to be more in the regular game mix, with Clement getting those end of game carries.
But hey, the coaches are still developing their game plans and they are making some adjustments on the playing time, so we should see more minor changes coming in the 2nd half of the season.

Reactions: seffnergator

BTW & FYI ---

I believe it is all a process. Coach going with the experience and working the young guys in more as the season rolls along. All of the RB's bring something to the table. I am excited for Pierce and ths future he has ahead of him plus the return of a healthy Malik Davis.

TG, I'd agree with that except for the fact that they began the season with Scarlett getting twice the carries of Perine, while Pierce got virtually nada. Franks was also running the ball way to often to begin with.

They have made the adjustments, but they started off poorly with the RB by committee imo.
Now we are starting to see the RB balance that was needed all along, and I'm thrilled with what they are doing now. Franks was the early 'fly in the ointment' imo, but he has improved greatly from where he started, so good on him. He began well below average, and now he's worked up to an average game manager, which may be good enough to win for now. He will likely need to play his best game of the season for the Gator's to get the win over UGly.
GooooooooGATORS!

Reactions: TennesseeGator
ADVERTISEMENT