ADVERTISEMENT

In other rumor news

TennesseeGator

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
Memphis, TN
In other rumor news not involving coaching searches. I've heard that is Hugh Freeze is free to coach and recruit after NCAA investigations...he is going to hook up with Gus Malzhan as OC.

Not a bad combo...at all.

Didn't Auburn just get an OC? And he's doing really good. Where is Freeze gonna fit?

Auburns OC i knew him in my home town coaching years ago, at obviously at usm.. his dad was my assistant principal in school.. Chip Lindsey

Didn't Auburn just get an OC? And he's doing really good. Where is Freeze gonna fit?
Not sure but that was rumor on the Oxford airwaves this morning. How legit it is, who knows. Maybe they will do the split thing. Co-oc's. Maybe on will be "passing game" coordinator and the other "run game coordinator" was kinda weird how Lashley just up and left for UConn.

But in the meantime, Freeze may work under Malzhan in the capacity of offense analyst or such...time will tell.

Last edited:
speaking of rumors...talk in Abalama that Malzahn is fired if he loses to Bama. that is incredible to me.

If Malzahn gets fired then Arkansas will hire him.
This

The talk show spoke of this. If Auburn did get dumb and fire Malzhan, Arkansas would immediately snatch him up and Freeze would join him on staff in some sort of capacity (such as one of those modern analysts positions) or be his OC if he is cleared by the NCAA investigation.

Auburns OC i knew him in my home town coaching years ago, at obviously at usm.. his dad was my assistant principal in school.. Chip Lindsey

You from up around Madison/Huntsville area?

You didn't by chance attend Bob Jones or Sparkman, or Colbert Heights?

I use to run with some shady women from that area couple years back.

Not sure but that was rumor on the Oxford airwaves this morning. How legit it is, who knows. Maybe they will do the split thing. Co-oc's. Maybe on will be "passing game" coordinator and the other "run game coordinator" was kinda weird how Lashley just up and left for UConn.

But in the meantime, Freeze may work under Malzhan in the capacity of offense analyst or such...time will tell.

That makes sense, I could see it. Auburn wants to be Bama so bad I could see them having him as an 'analyst.'

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I think Malzahn might willingly leave to go home to Arky if he's sufficiently tired of the BS on the Plain.

I could see Auburn possibly firing Malzahn despite the big Georgia win if Bama was to beat them and it wasn't close. I guess if you expect to be regularly among the elite it could be justified but if there isn't a real big name they think they could grab after the season then why even do it.

He could willingly go to Arkansas and not have the same pressure I guess but he wouldn't get the same recruiting classes probably. His exit fee isn't crazy and appears to be about 1.5 million dollars.

Haha nailed it.
Toward the later part of my teenage years I wasn't too far from the Florence area. We use to party around there and Athens a couple of weekends. Folks from the Shoals area are a rowdy crowd. Hell it seems anyone that lives near the TN River no matter the state come from a crazy cut of cloth.

I could see Auburn possibly firing Malzahn despite the big Georgia win if Bama was to beat them and it wasn't close. I guess if you expect to be regularly among the elite it could be justified but if there isn't a real big name they think they could grab after the season then why even do it.

He could willingly go to Arkansas and not have the same pressure I guess but he wouldn't get the same recruiting classes probably. His exit fee isn't crazy and appears to be about 1.5 million dollars.
He probably couldn't get the same recruiting classes but dude would have the state of Arkansas on lock down as well as eastern OK. Dip down to Texas, Louisiana, and the occasional Memphis area recruit and he wouldn't sign bad classes.

High school coaches in Arkansas and Eastern OK still adore the guy.amd worship the ground he walks on. He basically changed the face of Arkansas HS football with his offenses. I know it's not loaded with blue chipper after blue chipper, but areas like Springdale, Little Rock, Tulsa, OK, Bentonville, as well as the Delta Region on the Eastern side of AR have enough good athletes. Right now he is second fiddle in his own state. Dude is a legend in Arkansas.

I swear I think Arkansas staff and fans were happy to see him leave Arkansas State for Auburn. They'd settle to lose to AU vs having A State stealing some recruits and having more success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT