ADVERTISEMENT

IDAHO GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!

Sweet start. Am I the only one orried about road game at Tallahassee and their chance to get a single big win? Or are they that bad this year. Win today and that nole game is likely for a big six bowl game.

Sweet start. Am I the only one orried about road game at Tallahassee and their chance to get a single big win? Or are they that bad this year. Win today and that nole game is likely for a big six bowl game.

I am a little worried but they have looked like a train wreck so far.

Nice to see us experimenting with different stuff on both sides. That’s good coaching. Have seen Burney at LB on passing downs...maybe a solution to our bad coverage from the LB’s? Have run some new sets on offense too.

I think I might watch the Clowns to see if they are as bad as they were a few games back.

At least we're playing a vastly better team today.

That hasn't always been true in years past.

Don’t get the bitching about the opponent. Who cares? We can’t play a top 25 team every week. We’ve just played 8 straight conference games and then finish with what’s usually a tough rival at the end of the year. Gives us a chance to heal up, play some young guys, and try some new things before the final game.

Play Kansas. Play Indiana. Play New Mexico State. If you want a killl, you can find it at the FBS level. It is sad and shameful...it is...

sadgstor understands that other teams do it too, but it is ridiculous. Look at the stadium. It is an embarrassment...but at least they get a good practice out of it...

Play Kansas. Play Indiana. Play New Mexico State. If you want a killl, you can find it at the FBS level. It is sad and shameful...it is...

sadgstor understands that other teams do it too, but it is ridiculous. Look at the stadium. It is an embarrassment...but at least they get a good practice out of it...

It’s a two-way street, those low level FBS teams aren’t looking to schedule powerhouses either because their only chance to get to bowl games is to hopefully sneak in at 6-6. That goes out the window if they have to travel to a team much better than them AND lose out on home game revenue while doing it. It’s just a silly complaint. There’s a reason all FBS teams have these games. Think Big 10 is the only conference who just outlawed it like two years ago.

The Citadel 10, Alabama 10 halftime. While I am sure Alabama is playing safe, how great would it be if they turned it over a few times early in the 3d and fell behind by double digits.

More likely they are up 31-10 midway through the quarter but cool.

LOL no Jones isn’t better than Franks right now. He has the potential to be and he should end up better with Mullen coaching him but he isn’t right now. Had other players checking audibles at the LOS for him. He’s a great talent but not ready.

LOL no Jones isn’t better than Franks right now. He has the potential to be and he should end up better with Mullen coaching him but he isn’t right now. Had other players checking audibles at the LOS for him. He’s a great talent but not ready.

I don't know....I think I'd take him right now.

Franks is wrapping up his third season in college and Jones hasn't even played a whole year yet, and I think Jones is barely behind Franks, if he's behind at all.

Granted, I know it's bad competition, but still.

“If you want a killl, you can find it at the FBS level. It is sad and shameful...it is...”

The fundamental issue with cupcakes is that they only exist because of the Big Boys imo.

Without the annual Power 5 curb stomping check these programs would cease to exist. That means a lot of disadvantaged young men and women wouldn’t receive athletic scholarships and a chance for a free education and a chance for a better future. These D2/3 schools are simply financially not self sustaining, so even though the game stinks I try to consider the bigger picture.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I don't know....I think I'd take him right now.

Franks is wrapping up his third season in college and Jones hasn't even played a whole year yet, and I think Jones is barely behind Franks, if he's behind at all.

Granted, I know it's bad competition, but still.

Franks is for all intents and purposes a freshman when it comes to development. He came to UF with an effed up throwing motion and was raw in every other way, didn’t even have a QB coach in HS. Then spent two years under garbage Nuss. I have no issue with moving on from him but he’s the best for now. And he’s gotten better even though some people don’t want to acknowledge it. Jones’ time will come, hopefully next year.

No it isn’t. This isn’t the gladiators. It’s one game. The season is a gauntlet.
Plus the $1 million or so these teams make. Smaller schools count on a game or two every year like this so they can make enough money to make their athletic department budgets break even.

Reactions: oozie7
Anything more annoying than that fat Ohio State fan who dresses up like a child and acts like an asshole at road games? Grown men even wearing jerseys. How 1990s. What’s next, parachute pants?

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
The broadcast just confirmed what I thought.

This is Idaho's first year back in the FCS after 20 years in the FBS.

So that takes a little fire out of sad's misery about scheduling an FCS team.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

These games are a complete waste of time. I can’t even gin up the interest to watch. Good point about the financial benefit to the small school though. I saw an HBO real sports story about increased incidence of injuries to the small schools in these games. It focused on the black colleges playing SEC teams.

Reactions: sadgator
Hope we can not have a down week against FSU. It's time to regain superiority in this state, sorry UCF it's never going to be your seat.

Nice to see some of the backups getting playing time in this glorified exhibition game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT