ADVERTISEMENT

I flat out HATE F.S.U.

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
My two roommates and I were Freshmen back in 1982 and we went up to Tallahassee for the game. We stayed one night in the room of another buddy who lived in the dorms up there. Well we were walking across campus on our way to some bars ( At least my I.D. said I was legally able to drink ) when a whole pickup truck full of Noles started to yell and scream niceties at us. Well my one roommate said something back and the next thing you know we have about a dozen Noles around us. Somehow we got out of that one without a scuffle. Well we did the bar thing and in the morning with the usual hangover we went to breakfast with our buddy at the.....

Wait for it....

F.S.U. Campus cafeteria. Of course wearing our Gator colors. Well we had pledges singing songs at us and more all in good spirit until we started to leave and started to do the Gator Chomp. I still remember one ugly F.S.U. girl screaming and I mean screaming, “somebody kick their ass.” Well we went to the game and sat on the wooden bleacher seats which they used to have at Doak Campbell. We ended up beating the Noles 13-10 and I remember how we stormed their field and we stomped on the 50 yard line logo and took some sod home with us. I remember walking around next The next year at the Swamp there were more cops surrounding the field than I’ve ever seen at a football game.

Reactions: FLDUKE
I hate how they get more fluke plays to win games than any other team in any sport in history. Two of their meaningless cupcake conference wins this year were bc someone forgot that you have to actually tackle their overrated receiver at the end of the game. Seriously, how does bc not put someone 50 yards off the ball and just clothesline anyone who gets past the db? I’d advocate doing that anyway just bc injuring noles should be not only legal but encouraged. Why does bc decide not to go for it on 4th down the most important time in the game? How does Louisville suddenly decide to pass well within fg range with less than 2 minutes left? Either one of them play with even a slight bit of common sense and the least impressive and most meaningless streak in history is over.

But you know, you don’t send a boy to do a man’s job. We own their field the night they decided to name it after the most crooked and cowardly pos to sully the good name of college football, and we’ll end the “streak”, which is really just proof of how much the acc has sucked for the past 40 years. Imagine if they played in a real conference. They might not have a win this year

Careful there dude, you are approaching stroke territory. It is refreshing to know as bad of a team as FSU has this year, we are still living rent-free in many gators heads, over a game played by kids for our amusement. Kinda sad when you really think about it.

I hate how they get more fluke plays to win games than any other team in any sport in history. Two of their meaningless cupcake conference wins this year were bc someone forgot that you have to actually tackle their overrated receiver at the end of the game. Seriously, how does bc not put someone 50 yards off the ball and just clothesline anyone who gets past the db? I’d advocate doing that anyway just bc injuring noles should be not only legal but encouraged. Why does bc decide not to go for it on 4th down the most important time in the game? How does Louisville suddenly decide to pass well within fg range with less than 2 minutes left? Either one of them play with even a slight bit of common sense and the least impressive and most meaningless streak in history is over.

But you know, you don’t send a boy to do a man’s job. We own their field the night they decided to name it after the most crooked and cowardly pos to sully the good name of college football, and we’ll end the “streak”, which is really just proof of how much the acc has sucked for the past 40 years. Imagine if they played in a real conference. They might not have a win this year

And yet the Noles' top 25 SOS (#22) is tougher than the Gators' #35. Must be those OOC games.

The only game in Tallahassee I almost went to my girlfriend who was a grad student there got us tickets, but I got disinvited because I got drunk at her department head’s party the night before and sloppily told the guy to go f himself because he was obviously trying to pimp on my lady. I tried to play up the chivalrous angle but she said I used too many curse words.

sadgator had the misfortune of visiting Tallahassee one time for the game in 1990...

It sucked nut...

Ahh, my last game in Tally as a student.

I am equally depressed but not for the same reason I'm afraid.

FSU vs UF week...i.e. Shime PTSD week.

tenor.gif

Ahh, my last game in Tally as a student.

Willie McClendon fumbled a ball early in that game that went literally straight up in the air like 30 feet high...

To this day, sadgator has never seen a fumble go so straight up in the air as that one did...

The seminoles never looked back...

Ironic thing was, the Gainesville Sun sports headline from Friday before the game was “Fumbles Under Control” with a picture of Willie with his arms spread out...

Nope.

Reactions: RHT 3
Willie McClendon fumbled a ball early in that game that went literally straight up in the air like 30 feet high...

To this day, sadgator has never seen a fumble go so straight up in the air as that one did...

The seminoles never looked back...

Ironic thing was, the Gainesville Sun sports headline from Friday before the game was “Fumbles Under Control” with a picture of Willie with his arms spread out...

Nope.

It did go up in the air quite a bit but how far it traveled sideways was the craziest thing probably. I knew we were in trouble that game when FSU scored before that and we didn't have a DB within 5 yards of their receiver on the deep bomb pass. Will have to see who that was that blew that coverage.

It did go up in the air quite a bit but how far it traveled sideways was the craziest thing probably. I knew we were in trouble that game when FSU scored before that and we didn't have a DB within 5 yards of their receiver on the deep bomb pass. Will have to see who that was that blew that coverage.

I think it was number 2 , maybe Will White ? He bit on an in move by Dawsey and Weldon hit him in stride. I was in that end zone and saw it unfold. Still have that game on a VCR tape LOL.

That fumble was wild. Almost slow motion.

No need to worry about that this weekend. Francois used up his one good deep pass for the year last week against BC. He'll go back to missing the broad side of a barn Saturday.

Reactions: FLDUKE

Probably Zook.

I love this guy. I can see him going on a shooting spree if we lose.

I love this guy. I can see him going on a shooting spree if we lose.

If this is Doug Johnson posting then those at the game are safe.

I mean, he had Bobby at point blank range.

( And in before Jaquez Green dammit. I consider that a once in a lifetime shot).

Reactions: oozie7

dc7o3zbz93001.jpg

It was actually a class I had when my ex was pregnant, and his wife was fat! You’d think the qb at a “school” that literally emphasizes football over everything, including the law and the well being of its students, would be able to hook up with some decent tail.

It was actually a class I had when my ex was pregnant, and his wife was fat! You’d think the qb at a “school” that literally emphasizes football over everything, including the law and the well being of its students, would be able to hook up with some decent tail.
Interesting. Chris Rix did not marry while at FSU.

Jesus. What have you been doing with yourself during the last five years? 10 straight football/basketball losses to the school that you hate with every fiber of your being. You must be on some serious medication.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
66 years old, Gator fan since 1962, alumni class of '73. My 2nd favorite team in all sports, year 'round is whoever is playing FSU. I just don't get people saying that they pull for FSU except when they play the Gators. Makes no sense to me. Do Michigan fans think that about Ohio State? We are rivals, plain and simple. It's great, but in my mind there are 2 teams I hate - FSU & Georgia.

My two roommates and I were Freshmen back in 1982 and we went up to Tallahassee for the game. We stayed one night in the room of another buddy who lived in the dorms up there. Well we were walking across campus on our way to some bars ( At least my I.D. said I was legally able to drink ) when a whole pickup truck full of Noles started to yell and scream niceties at us. Well my one roommate said something back and the next thing you know we have about a dozen Noles around us. Somehow we got out of that one without a scuffle. Well we did the bar thing and in the morning with the usual hangover we went to breakfast with our buddy at the.....

Wait for it....

F.S.U. Campus cafeteria. Of course wearing our Gator colors. Well we had pledges singing songs at us and more all in good spirit until we started to leave and started to do the Gator Chomp. I still remember one ugly F.S.U. girl screaming and I mean screaming, “somebody kick their ass.” Well we went to the game and sat on the wooden bleacher seats which they used to have at Doak Campbell. We ended up beating the Noles 13-10 and I remember how we stormed their field and we stomped on the 50 yard line logo and took some sod home with us. I remember walking around next The next year at the Swamp there were more cops surrounding the field than I’ve ever seen at a football game.

U r lucky i wasnt there. I would have beat ur ass

66 years old, Gator fan since 1962, alumni class of '73. My 2nd favorite team in all sports, year 'round is whoever is playing FSU. I just don't get people saying that they pull for FSU except when they play the Gators. Makes no sense to me. Do Michigan fans think that about Ohio State? We are rivals, plain and simple. It's great, but in my mind there are 2 teams I hate - FSU & Georgia.

I get this but at the same time, i do want the Gators to do well when we are not playing them. We are rivals in my opinion but i still dont "hate" someone because they root for a different team lol that is just being mentally weak(OP not u)

Why would you want to deny yourself the pleasure of watching them lose? The Clemson game this year wasn’t one of the best times I’ve had since watching oregon send blameless out like the loser he is. I’ve loved every second of their losses.

Reactions: GatorNation79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT