ADVERTISEMENT

How Republicans Won the House

NavigatorII

Bull Gator
Dec 8, 2004
Massive government spending, waste, and grift
Worst Inflation since Carter (see above)
Wokeism
Horrible foreign policy
Loss of energy independence by stifling the oil industry
Total disregard of our borders, creating yet another underclass
War on our Constitution, illegal executive orders
Rigging elections with voter fraud

When you get right down to it, it was an amazing accomplishment considering overcoming the rampant voter fraud. Time to clean that shit up!!

I'm such a skeptic these days. Just like the RINOs in the Senate have just proved how easily they cross over (same sex marriage approval), I don't have much faith in a Congress that is led by McCarthy. They're gonna have to prove it to me. Let's see what guts they have for saving America!

I'm such a skeptic these days. Just like the RINOs in the Senate have just proved how easily they cross over (same sex marriage approval), I don't have much faith in a Congress that is led by McCarthy. They're gonna have to prove it to me. Let's see what guts they have for saving America!
And if they needed more...there were more ready to cross

• Angry
Reactions: kjfreeze
I was surprised as hell MTG backed McCarthy. He must be putting her on the Hiden investigation committee as chair. I'm getting the popcorn ready! 😍

• Wow
Reactions: gatordad3
Anyone know if CSPAN will give us full coverage of the coming House hearings in 2023?

200w.gif

You have some court proof of this? Isn't that your pat answer?

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/the-gops-bid-to-claim-a-rigged-house-majority/
The GOP’s Bid to Claim a Rigged House Majority
Voters repudiated the GOP congressional agenda. Court-sanctioned gerrymanders made sure it didn’t matter.
By David Daley NOVEMBER 10, 2022

An aggressive—and likely unconstitutional—partisan and racial gerrymander demanded by Governor Ron DeSantis helped provide Republicans with four of those seats from Florida alone. Maps that likely violated Voting Rights Act (VRA) protections against racial gerrymanders were allowed to proceed in Alabama, Georgia, and Louisiana. A conservative district court in Texas endorsed a blatantly discriminatory congressional there that reduced the political power of Latinos even as they drove 95 percent of the state’s population growth over the last decade.

Wisconsin’s conservative court mediated a redistricting deadlock between the Republican-controlled legislature and Democratic governor by mandating a new map that made the fewest possible changes to the current one—meaning that the previous decade’s toxic GOP gerrymander was locked in place for another 10 years. In Ohio, meanwhile, the state supreme court twice rejected congressional maps drawn by GOP lawmakers as unconstitutional partisan gerrymanders. A bipartisan majority of justices declared these maps wildly out of line with a 2018 statewide initiative backed by more than 70 percent of voters mandating that districts be drawn up with lines that did not favor or disfavor any political party, to better bring them into alignment with the state’s partisan balance. Lawless GOP officials used the maps anyway. They ignored the courts, ran out the clock, and—won 10 out of 15 House seats—two-thirds of the delegation—in a state where J.D. Vance defeated Tim Ryan by only 53.3 percent to 46.7 percent for the US Senate.

Pretty soon, these gift-wrapped seats begin to add up, especially when the national voting margins seem to be tight. Four seats in Florida, three across the Deep South, another handful from Texas and Ohio, one in Wisconsin, a pickup in Iowa won from playing hardball with the state’s independent commission, one in Arizona from hijacking that state’s “independent” in name only commission, another gain in Tennessee by cracking Nashville in half: More than a dozen newly Republican seats came not from ousting Democratic incumbents but by redrawing districts to their advantage.

Reactions: MUCKBOY40
https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/the-gops-bid-to-claim-a-rigged-house-majority/
Voters repudiated the GOP congressional agenda. Court-sanctioned gerrymanders made sure it didn’t matter.

An aggressive—and likely unconstitutional—partisan and racial gerrymander demanded by Governor Ron DeSantis helped provide Republicans with four of those seats from Florida alone. Maps that likely violated Voting Rights Act (VRA) protections against racial gerrymanders were allowed to proceed in Alabama, Georgia, and Louisiana. A conservative district court in Texas endorsed a blatantly discriminatory congressional there that reduced the political power of Latinos even as they drove 95 percent of the state’s population growth over the last decade.

Wisconsin’s conservative court mediated a redistricting deadlock between the Republican-controlled legislature and Democratic governor by mandating a new map that made the fewest possible changes to the current one—meaning that the previous decade’s toxic GOP gerrymander was locked in place for another 10 years. In Ohio, meanwhile, the state supreme court twice rejected congressional maps drawn by GOP lawmakers as unconstitutional partisan gerrymanders. A bipartisan majority of justices declared these maps wildly out of line with a 2018 statewide initiative backed by more than 70 percent of voters mandating that districts be drawn up with lines that did not favor or disfavor any political party, to better bring them into alignment with the state’s partisan balance. Lawless GOP officials used the maps anyway. They ignored the courts, ran out the clock, and—won 10 out of 15 House seats—two-thirds of the delegation—in a state where J.D. Vance defeated Tim Ryan by only 53.3 percent to 46.7 percent for the US Senate.

Pretty soon, these gift-wrapped seats begin to add up, especially when the national voting margins seem to be tight. Four seats in Florida, three across the Deep South, another handful from Texas and Ohio, one in Wisconsin, a pickup in Iowa won from playing hardball with the state’s independent commission, one in Arizona from hijacking that state’s “independent” in name only commission, another gain in Tennessee by cracking Nashville in half: More than a dozen newly Republican seats came not from ousting Democratic incumbents but by redrawing districts to their advantage.
How about proving your claim in court or stfu?

No proof of any fraud presented anywhere...in any court
tumblr_mpxzy0KiZx1rgewb2o3_250.gif

DeSantis has been sued...its in court 🤣

The only reason why his illegal map was used was it was too close to the election to change

https://www.propublica.org/article/ron-desantis-florida-redistricting-map-scheme
How Ron DeSantis Blew Up Black-Held Congressional Districts and May Have Broken Florida Law
by Joshua Kaplan
Oct. 11, 6 a.m. EDT
Uhh, I thought the topic of this thread is about The House.
We do have other Ron DeSantis threads.
navigator has to reply to himself in an attempt to deflect from the thread topic 🤣
tenor.gif

But there's no hypocrisy...DeSantis's gerrymandered map is being litigated in court

Unlike the MAGA claims which have all been thrown out

DeSantis IS in court for his map... 🤣

The GOP has been kicked out of court for their bogus election claims

I'll be...a cut and paste!

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Gerrymandering
Too simple. The above (copied below) is mostly right:

Defund the police
Divisive cultural issues; Wokeism
Horrible foreign policy

Reactions: NavigatorII
To you and Ghost, it was actually states like New York, where Republicans picked up seats and won (very barely, when it should have been a red wave).
This is simply unbelievable to me.

Prior to 2020, I knew 100% in my bones that people were smart enough not to inject an untested and unapproved substance into their bodies willingly. Then I watched, in horror, as millions of people not only did this in 2020, they SHAMED, ATTACKED and PUNISHED people for not doing the same thing.

Prior to 2020, I also knew 100% in my bones that we all wanted fair and legal elections.

Then.....they stole the 2020 election from Trump. And suddenly....free and fair elections weren't that important. All we needed were BETTER CANDIDATES!

Did you know that one of the more bizarre conspiracy theories out there is that the America populace is being mass brainwashed via soundwaves? It sounds insane, but is it honestly any more insane than what we've seen from a significant portion of this nation since 2020?

Some of yall are literally arguing against your best interests. Against your own health, your own safety.

Brainwashing actually explains your actions perfectly.

Defund the police
Horrible foreign policy
LOL.......Damn man, you literally listed the same things I did. See the first post. ;)
Edit: my bad. You added defund the police. Thumbs up!

This is simply unbelievable to me.

Prior to 2020, I knew 100% in my bones that people were smart enough not to inject an untested and unapproved substance into their bodies willingly. Then I watched, in horror, as millions of people not only did this in 2020, they SHAMED, ATTACKED and PUNISHED people for not doing the same thing.

Prior to 2020, I also knew 100% in my bones that we all wanted fair and legal elections.

Then.....they stole the 2020 election from Trump. And suddenly....free and fair elections weren't that important. All we needed were BETTER CANDIDATES!

Did you know that one of the more bizarre conspiracy theories out there is that the America populace is being mass brainwashed via soundwaves? It sounds insane, but is it honestly any more insane than what we've seen from a significant portion of this nation since 2020?

Some of yall are literally arguing against your best interests. Against your own health, your own safety.

Brainwashing actually explains your actions perfectly.
Well, I’ve got tinnitus so possibly possible ….. I’d hate to think it was all the heavy metal I blasted out of my car speakers back in high school.

Reactions: nail1988
Tinnitus sucks balls. I got mine in 2015. What's weird, I got it the day I had neck spinal surgery. That's bizarre AF. :mad:
Well, I’ve had mine for as long as I can remember …. and no, you don’t get used to it and it doesn’t blend into the background.

You sure something wasn’t “implanted” while you were out ? I’d go get another neck X-ray if I were you ;)

• Wow
Reactions: NavigatorII
Well, I’ve had mine for as long as I can remember …. and no, you don’t get used to it and it doesn’t blend into the background.

You sure something wasn’t “implanted” while you were out ? I’d go get another neck X-ray if I were you ;)
Two titanium rods in fact. I asked the surgeon about it in a followup and he said it was strange but never had tinnitus happen as a result of surgery.

Defund the police
Horrible foreign policy

If allow racially discriminative gerrymandering then the issues you named above don't really matter do they?

Easy math...eliminate non-white districts, ensure white legislatures

republicans house majority of 4 or 5....

They stole that many seats in AL, LA, & FL alone

Last edited:
  • Haha
Two titanium rods in fact. I asked the surgeon about it in a followup and he said it was strange but never had tinnitus happen as a result of surgery.
The titanium is reacting with the iron in your blood which is causing vibrations, i.e., tinnitus.
friends-chandler-bing.gif

• Haha
If allow racially discriminative gerrymandering then the issues you named above don't really matter do they?

Easy math...eliminate non-white districts, ensure white legislatures

republicans house majority of 4 or 5....

They stole that many seats in AL, LA, & FL alone

Or, taking a pure racial lens as you have, if you have an open southern borders, allow as many non-white people as possible, abolish the electoral college, then gerrymandering doesn’t matter, correct?

Or, taking a pure racial lens as you have, if you have an open southern borders, allow as many non-white people as possible, abolish the electoral college, then gerrymandering doesn’t matter, correct?

Abolishing the electoral college has nothing to do with gerrymandering

Since 1964, there have been 538 electors. States select 535 of the electors, this number matches the aggregate total of their congressional delegations.

United States Electoral College - Wikipedia​

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT