ADVERTISEMENT

How Many Schollies Will We Have for 2021 ?

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Conliffe - medical
Marks - transfer to Ole Miss
Seniors - 17
Kyle Pitts - NFL Early Entry
Marco Wilson - NFL Early Entry
Other Transfers - 4 - No inside sources just a WAG

Total 25 scholarships available with enough initial counters to cover them all.

But wait there's more per David Wunderlich -

"...Florida brought in four transfers who are initial counters for the 2020-21 academic year: Lingard, Stewart Reese, Justin Shorter, and Jordan Pouncey. They signed 23 recruits (not including Manuel, since he hasn’t signed), and they were able to count four of the January enrollees toward the 2019-20 academic year. Just trust me on that one and click the link above for more information if you want it.

So, 19 signees and four transfers counting towards 2020-21 sums to 23. That leaves two 2020-21 initial counters that can go towards early enrollees in the 2021 recruiting class.

Based on initial counters & "back dating" two Jan 2021 Early Enrollments, Florida could theoretically sign up to 27 recruits in the 2021 class."

But to do so, a total of 6 current players (2 more than what I have heard of) would need to transfer or go NFL Early Entry to stay within the 85 scholarship rule.

For obvious reasons, I would prefer Transfers leaving rather than NFL Early Entry, but who knows what the future will bring.

Also, If I'm reading things correctly, signing 27 in this class would keep us from signing any Transfers for a year.

IMO, better to stick with 25 so we can still maneuver in the Transfer Portal - it has been very, very good to us !

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/ho-many-recruits-can-florida-sign-in-the-2021-class/

Total Current Commitments per Rivals - 22. Space for three more unless we have defections or "recruit over the top of" some of our current commits.

Rivals' list includes
Juco Transfers Deyavie Hammond & Diwun Black who I think are ready to plug & play - assuming we have a normal Spring Practice next year.

In his article, David Wonderlick speculates that Mullen may try to sign & place 2020 DT signee Johnnie Brown.

Good stuff Jeff.

As to the how many, I'll let you know sometime in December... :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT