• Second Round: Not enough size or consistency

• Third Round: Rubberband season continues

• Sweet Sixteen: Better than anybody thinks

• Elite Eight: Hey Now anothet deep run

• Final Four: Oh Yeah, now we're cooking

• Runner Up: So close, still a great season

• Champion: Gator Champions again!!!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
While it is completely possible to see us making a run, I am not convinced. I think we win one game and then bow out. Hope I am wrong and we go farther.

I think most pundits will favor Florida in one game, the first one. After that, we will be the dog.

Given that, with the way Florida has played, we seem to do better against teams that are supposed to beat us. And can lose to teams that we should beat. So, let's make it past the first game.

Just depends on which team we are.

I don’t see us getting past the Sweet 16 regardless unless there’s some strong upsets in the rest of the region.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I could see a Final Four if they stay focused and White doesn't pull that slow down mess too much.

I could see a Final Four if they stay focused and White doesn't pull that slow down mess too much.

Meh at some point, no matter how well we play, out size problem is going to catch us.

I’d be shocked even if they played great if we made it to the Final Four without some crazy things happening.

If the UF of December shows up, they could legit get to the final 4.

That many scorers all on at the same time..

It’s not likely....
Smart money is on 1 win and probably losing to TT.

Would love to see them get hot though

Fun to watch when on

Reactions: PlutoDroid
If we make it past the first game...and it is a big “IF”...we will, at the very least, put the fear of God into Texas Tech.

I hope we avoid Purdue if we advance after that. White's slow it down 2nd half stuff would get us killed against a team like them.

I voted 2nd round, I'm thinking they'll not likely make it through the first round. Too many inconsistencies on the team and I think there is a real team culture problem.

I hope we avoid Purdue if we advance after that. White's slow it down 2nd half stuff would get us killed against a team like them.

I asked you before for a link to any interview where Mike talks about having a 'slow-down' offense when leading in the 2nd half. So far, all I got was this:
crickets.jpg

;)

UCLA will not get their revenge on us this year.

St. Bonaventure got their first win in half a century!!!! Good for them.

I asked you before for a link to any interview where Mike talks about having a 'slow-down' offense when leading in the 2nd half. So far, all I got was this:
crickets.jpg

;)

Follow Up:
Does Coach White really call for a slow down offense, when the team has a lead in the 2nd half, or should the blame rightly fall of the players themselves?

"Oh, they can be fierce, to be sure, as they demonstrated during that three-game winning streak to wrap the regular season, each time showing a killer instinct down the stretch that has been absent far too often this season. But they can also be, as White has mentioned on several occasions over the course of the campaign, almost too polite for their own good." --
Taken from a Chris Harry article

Even the players cop to that."We have competitors, there's no doubt about that. We see that every day at practice," graduate forward Egor Koulechov said. "Where we're lacking sometimes is with our emotion."
http://floridagators.com/news/2018/3/13/chris-harry-time-to-find-that-edge-again-or-else.aspx

It seems to me (iG) that this season, without the post players, they've got to stick to the formula to win.
1. Defend at a high level
2. Distribute the Ball
3. Hit some shots
4. Play with emotion for the entire 40 minutes!

iG comment: What many fans don't seem to realize is this; the game officials can kill a teams 'emotional content' with repeated bad/biased calls during a game. In this Gator team's case, they need to get PISSED-OFF instead, when the officials try their usual chit, not lay down for them. o_O
-------------

And for kind of a 2nd opinion: On watching last year's game film. “I don’t want to prejudge people,” Mullen said, “because a lot of times you’re watching and you don’t know what they were asked to do.” (but fans do this all the time) :cool:

When I thought that they would be getting Egbunu and Stokes back in Jan/Feb, I said at least the 16. Now that might be a stretch, unless they can get and stay HOT shooting, and defending/rebounding for 40 minutes.

crickets.jpg

;)

Have you watched our bad losses this season and what we did in the 2nd half?

He doesn’t care.

He’s going to blame the players for doing it.

And let’s even play the game. IF it’s thenplayers, why isn’t Mike White coaching them to NOT DO THAT?

Either way, falls on him.

But insta is the coaching staff super fan no matter who is coaching.

He doesn’t care.

He’s going to blame the players for doing it.

And let’s even play the game. IF it’s thenplayers, why isn’t Mike White coaching them to NOT DO THAT?

Either way, falls on him.

But insta is the coaching staff super fan no matter who is coaching.

Until he's not. Much like with Mac what it boils down to is only he is allowed to have opinions. If you're critical you're not a real fan. Meanwhile he can accuse the coaches of playing favorites or even call them dumbasses and keep his superfan title. The board is only supposed to have an opinion when he allows it. Its a wonder they pay coaches so much if they're not responsible for anything. The players just do what they want apparently and that's why they lose but in the same breath he bends over backwards to list all of White's accomplishments. By that 'logic' aren't the players responsible for all tbose successes? And wouldn't that directly prove they aren't the problem? Brain power is hard to come by apparently, too many alien probes.

Until he's not. Much like with Mac what it boils down to is only he is allowed to have opinions. If you're critical you're not a real fan. Meanwhile he can accuse the coaches of playing favorites or even call them dumbasses and keep his superfan title. The board is only supposed to have an opinion when he allows it. Its a wonder they pay coaches so much if they're not responsible for anything. The players just do what they want apparently and that's why they lose but in the same breath he bends over backwards to list all of White's accomplishments. By that 'logic' aren't the players responsible for all tbose successes? And wouldn't that directly prove they aren't the problem? Brain power is hard to come by apparently, too many alien probes.
Not even basketball related but what if Kyle Trask eventually wins the QB job and the football team hits a big winning streak? Lol the wrath some will catch. :D

Not even basketball related but what if Kyle Trask eventually wins the QB job and the football team hits a big winning streak? Lol the wrath some will catch. :D

I don’t know why.

I think oozie and I have both said we don’t care who wins, and if it’s Trask, awesome, more power to him.

But the justifications that insta uses are absurd.

I don’t know why.

I think oozie and I have both said we don’t care who wins, and if it’s Trask, awesome, more power to him.

Basically. Nobody has any issue with Trask personally. Its the outright lies that are annoying. Listing him bigger than he is or faster than he is while having all types of weird justifications for why he should play. Like saying how Nuss thought Trask was better than any 5-star he saw while simultaneously calling Nuss incompetent. And doing all that while claiming he has no favorites. Just so transparent and dumb.

I don't care really. I would rather the true freshman take his lumps if this isn't going to be a good season I guess and the others aren't performing well but I saw this the other day. :D

I don’t know why.

Basically. Nobody has any issue with Trask personally. Its the outright lies that are annoying. Listing him bigger than he is or faster than he is while having all types of weird justifications for why he should play. Like saying how Nuss thought Trask was better than any 5-star he saw while simultaneously calling Nuss incompetent. And doing all that while claiming he has no favorites. Just so transparent and dumb.

I don't care really. I would rather the true freshman take his lumps if this isn't going to be a good season I guess and the others aren't performing well but I saw this the other day. :D

I'm just telling you guys, be prepared. He will claim the" I told you so" for a decade. Chest will be swollen out like Froghorn Leghorn.

He's been wrong on enough shit to where if this one hail Mary works out his record will still mark him as a dumbass. We're only a few months removed from him putting Mac on Spurrier's and Meyer's level because he's the only UF coach to win the division his first two years. Good times.

Although Texas Tech is supposed to be pretty good, they looked average last night against Stephen F. Austin. Like us, they aren't very big, so we match up well against them. It's going to depend on keeping up defensive intensity and hitting a better percentage of our 3's, plus driving the paint effectively like we did in the 2nd half last night. I cautiously predict a Sweet 16 appearance, but then a loss to either Purdue or Arkansas/Butler.

That's not the point Fev, YOU claimed that White called a 'slow-down' game in the 2nd half when they had a lead. o_O.

Fact is, that's never happened, it's on the players as I've said, and as they have themselves admitted. :cool:

Although Texas Tech is supposed to be pretty good, they looked average last night against Stephen F. Austin. Like us, they aren't very big, so we match up well against them. It's going to depend on keeping up defensive intensity and hitting a better percentage of our 3's, plus driving the paint effectively like we did in the 2nd half last night. I cautiously predict a Sweet 16 appearance, but then a loss to either Purdue or Arkansas/Butler.
But let played a magnificent game against Arkansas. The Hogs were seriously outcoached.

That's not the point Fev, YOU claimed that White called a 'slow-down' game in the 2nd half when they had a lead. o_O.

Fact is, that's never happened, it's on the players as I've said, and as they have themselves admitted. :cool:

Oh okay so why can’t Mike White coach them better?

So, a B-Ball thread shifts over to more personal attack jerking. But I'm not surprised one bit. :p

Spring is not even underway good yet, and already the circle jerk liars are beginning their backpedaling hors-chit already. :confused:

4 star Franks is the best.
No, 4 star Zaire is the best.
No, it will be 4 star tFr Jones, cause he's the ONLY one that fits Mullen's offense... :oops:

No, now it could be that 2 star chump that couldn't even start for his HS.... :oops:

As I've long said, I'm good with whichever one that can FAIRLY compete (didn't happen under the previous now fired twits) and win (not given) the job.

I based my opinions on both Trask and Allen on the facts/stats. Trask, on his HS coaches detailed statements and the HS film, plus the 2 Spring games. Live with it jerks... :cool:

PS

And if Jones can fairly beat the other 3 out for the job, I'll be thrilled, because that will mean that UF now has the best QB behind center since TT. ;)

I've already made my W-a-G on the 2018 QB depth chart.
Trask-Allen-Jones --- With Franks a possible summer xfer out.
That said, I'd not be totally shocked if Dan went with a Toney/Jones combo.

Let's see you phootball genius types either put up your own projected QB depth chart, or just STFU for a change.... o_O

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT