ADVERTISEMENT

Honest question:

UGAly

Baby Gator
Aug 26, 2001
I don't mean this in any confronting way, so let's discuss. I've been seeing a lot of prognosticators pick Florida to win the East this upcoming season. The last 4 years, your recruiting classes have been #s 9, 17, 8 and 8. I know that you had a good OL and a good RB transfer in and the talking heads think Kyle Trask is going to be good but it seems like, the way UGA has recruited, they should have better talent. What am I missing?

I don't mean this in any confronting way, so let's discuss. I've been seeing a lot of prognosticators pick Florida to win the East this upcoming season. The last 4 years, your recruiting classes have been #s 9, 17, 8 and 8. I know that you had a good OL and a good RB transfer in and the talking heads think Kyle Trask is going to be good but it seems like, the way UGA has recruited, they should have better talent. What am I missing?

Alright, I'll be nice. For once you have a tougher SEC schedule than we do. If you lose to Bama and Auburn, which is likely, considering your offense is brand new and you've had no chance to implement it yet, then UF just has to get seven wins.

Reactions: rdgtr and UGAly
Alright, I'll be nice. For once you have a tougher SEC schedule than we do. If you lose to Bama and Auburn, which is likely, considering your offense is brand new and you've had no chance to implement it yet, then UF just has to get seven wins.
Georgia expects to have the best defense in the SEC and hopes that that will carry them until the new Offensive Coordinator, Quarterback and several new offensive linemen gel. Alabama is the pre-season favorite for our game in Tuscaloosa. That will be the third game so the offense has a little time to grow up. QB Jamie Neuman is forecast to be in the top 5 Heisman candidates. (How the heck they know that based on a year at Wake Forest, I don't know.) Georgia has a lot of elite talent but they just need time to get in sync. October 31 in Jacksonville will be a huge game. Not going to lose to Auburn.

Georgia expects to have the best defense in the SEC and hopes that that will carry them until the new Offensive Coordinator, Quarterback and several new offensive linemen gel. Alabama is the pre-season favorite for our game in Tuscaloosa. That will be the third game so the offense has a little time to grow up. QB Jamie Neuman is forecast to be in the top 5 Heisman candidates. (How the heck they know that based on a year at Wake Forest, I don't know.) Georgia has a lot of elite talent but they just need time to get in sync. October 31 in Jacksonville will be a huge game. Not going to lose to Auburn.

Ok, see, you didn't ask what I think, you asked why Florida was picked the win the East. And I told you why. If you don't like it, don't take it up with me. Take it up with all the people picking Florida.

Oh, and the Newman thing is beyond ridiculous. He is coming into an offense he didn't get to learn in spring practice, that none of his teammates know either, because it's new, and, he's had no time so far to throw to his receivers. Did you know that QB's spend the offseason throwing to their WR's to get the timing down? He hasn't been able to do that.

Also, you STILL have a brand new Offensive line that needs to work together to gel, and haven't been able to.

So how exactly is Newman going to be this "great" player, when he's going to be out there with no clue what's going on, and running for his life?

Here's a guarantee for you: If Newman is a preseason Heisman contender, he will be an in-season bust.

Good gravy, you talk like Georgia is bound for the playoffs. You are MILES away from that. You need to worry about beating Virginia. Lose that game, and 7-5 becomes a real possibility. Take your head out of the recruiting magazines and look at the real world. You guys are going to struggle this year.

Reactions: rdgtr

You think that, by the third game, the offense will be "gelling"? Even in a normal year it's the second half of the season before a new offense starts to gel. And with Covid, you are months behind where you should be.

I'm not going to get into the "rely on your defense" thing. But I recommend you go back and watch some Muschamp games while he was at Florida. Your games are going to look eerily similar.

You sound like I was bragging or flaming. I wasn't. I told you what Georgia fans expect of their team because this is a discussion of why Florida is picked to win the SECE over UGA. I agree that playing Alabama in Tuscaloosa in the 3rd game of the season is a recipe for defeat. I only expect some of the "rough edges" of our offense to be sanded off by then. We will not be a "well oiled machine" by then for sure. As far as Neuman "running for his life", those OL replacements are highly recruited 4 and 5 star recruits who have been getting a lot of playing time. The starting RB was the #1 rated RB in the country out of high school. He will be spelled by another 5 star. I expect that Jamie Neuman will have more protection in Athens than he did in Wake Forrest. If he doesn't pan out, we have QB J.T. Daniel coming in who was rated the #1 QB prospect in the country in 2017. Let me try again to elicit a description of your team: Kyle Trask is predicted to be "pretty good" (fair enough?). Lindgard (sp?) is a former 5 star RB. I have read that you expect your OL to be better than last year. Does that mean that they will be really good?. I know nothing of your WR's or of your defense. It's June 2. What else have we got to talk about? If you'd rather not, no problem.

Last edited:
You sound like I was bragging or flaming. I wasn't. I told you what Georgia fans expect of their team because this is a discussion of why Florida is picked to win the SECE over UGA. I agree that playing Alabama in Tuscaloosa in the 3rd game of the season is a recipe for defeat. I only expect some of the "rough edges" of our offense to be sanded off by then. We will not be a "well oiled machine" by then for sure. As far as Neuman "running for his life", those OL replacements are highly recruited 4 and 5 star recruits who have been getting a lot of playing time. The starting RB was the #1 rated RB in the country out of high school. He will be spelled by another 5 star. I expect that Jamie Neuman will have more protection in Athens than he did in Wake Forrest. If he doesn't pan out, we have QB J.T. Daniel coming in who was rated the #1 QB prospect in the country in 2017. Let me try again to elicit a description of your team: Kyle Trask is predicted to be "pretty good" (fair enough?). Lindgard (sp?) is a former 5 star RB. I have read that you expect your OL to be better than last year. Does that mean that they will be really good?. I know nothing of your WR's or of your defense. It's June 2. What else have we got to talk about? If you'd rather not, no problem.

Again, you need to look up from the recruiting magazines. I talk about reality, you respond with recruiting stars. I can't seem to bridge the disconnect.

Note on your Oline: We had 4 new starters last year, and we struggled a bit due to missed assignments. And these were all guys with decent game experience. Just not together. This year we have 4 back so they should work better as a unit. I don't care how many stars your Oline has, they have 4 new starters, and if they miss assignments they, and you, will struggle. And they will miss assignments. Count on it.

And really, JT Daniels? The guy who transferred in last week, is coming off an ACL+meniscus tear, and hasn't been granted eligibility? That's some serious grasping at straws.

Last edited:

Look, I get it. You think just because they have that G on their helmet they will automatically be good. That's not unusual. Most Gators felt the same way back in the Meyer era.

But here's the thing. In 2010, after seasons where we finished #1 and #2 in the nation, and having recruiting classes that were #1 twice and #2 once, plus a 7 and 9, we came into the season having lost a bunch of talent to the draft, and had a new QB and a new Oline. Sound familiar?

We went 8-5.

Tons of talent on the team, but couldn't get the offense going. And we didn't have the issues of a new offensive system, starting a transfer QB, and Covid. You, obviously, have these issues.

All I'm saying is, expect a tough year. Heck, if you have reasonable expectations, maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. But if you come in thinking you are going to compete for titles, you are going to be very, very dissappointed.

Talking season huh? Well, okeey dokeey then... :cool:

Kyle Trask 6-5 239 rsSr is rated as the #1 returning QB in the SEC. o_O
12 Gms with just 10 starts: 67%, 2,941 yds, 25 TD's, to 7 Ints
Jamie didn't do that well in 13 starts vs a WF schedule. :rolleyes:

RB Perine is now with the Jets. 5.4 ypc, 6 TD's, long 75 yds.
RB Pierce 5-10 207 Jr new starter. 5.6 ypp 4 TD's , long 68 yds.
(Dameon broke H.Walkers Ga HS rushing records btw)
And 2019 was behind an OL that had real trouble with consistent run blocking.
Note: Behind Pierce, UF has a 5-star RB and 3 more 4 stars, none are Fr. o_O
And look up WR/RB Kadarius Toney, 'the human joystick'

UF's top receiver (54 receptions) is back.
With 2 more that had 30+ & 20+ receptions in 2019.
And a load of 4 stars behind them.

UF's kicker has only missed 2 FG each year in his 1st two years.
(34 for 38, 89.5%, and he's 7 of 8 at 40+ yds)

The new Fr punter is a 6-3 190 from Melbourne, Aus.
According to ProKicker.com, Crawshaw holds a career average of 45.14 yards per punt and a 4.44-second average hang-time, with career bests of 54 yards and 4.82 seconds, respectively.

UF finished last season with the #2 defense in the SEC. :eek:
They are projected to be even better.in 2020.

The HC and stable returning staff took over a 4-7 team with a cluster roster.
They have gone 10-3 and 11-2 with 2 NY-6 Bowl wins while building up the roster.
Mullen also just took in 6 xfers, 3 were 5 stars out of HS, LB-RB-WR.

UF and UGly both have tough schedules before our Oct 31st slobber-knocker.
The game could go either way by then, depending as always on critical injuries.

PS -- From this old Gator homer (since the Evil Genius was our QB), I'm thinking that our HC & staff outweighs your always over-rated roster.... ;) - :p - :D

You beat us by 7 this year with 4 offensive lineman and a running back that are all playing on Sundays now. You will break in a new QB, and your receiver position still appears to be above average at best. Your defense will be salty no doubt, but it was last year too. Not sure it will that much better, as it was already statistically really good. The talent gap is significantly narrowed when you consider how you have under performed when you consider the amount of talent. It should not be a shocker people are picking us to win the east.

If you take the time to listen your yourself, ,you answered your own question

Thank you gentlemen. Instagator, you gave me the best reply. I think your points about UGA having a new OC and QB, and melding together a new offensive line are valid. Not having a spring practice really impacted this team. If I had to bet my house, I'd bet on Alabama in the third game. The Georgia-Florida game is the 8th game of the year with two bye weeks thrown in there. I would think that is enough time for the offense to get in tune. Just checked the betting line from the MGM site. They favor UGA by 3.5. Looking forward to this game.

Again, you need to look up from the recruiting magazines. I talk about reality, you respond with recruiting stars. I can't seem to bridge the disconnect.

Note on your Oline: We had 4 new starters last year, and we struggled a bit due to missed assignments. And these were all guys with decent game experience. Just not together. This year we have 4 back so they should work better as a unit. I don't care how many stars your Oline has, they have 4 new starters, and if they miss assignments they, and you, will struggle. And they will miss assignments. Count on it.

And really, JT Daniels? The guy who transferred in last week, is coming off an ACL+meniscus tear, and hasn't been granted eligibility? That's some serious grasping at straws.
I totally forgot about JT Daniels and it's not looking good for Carson Beck, who I believe is seriously over hyped. I've watched some of his games and it was all I needed to be convinced he's overrated.
As for Daniels and Newman, good luck playing behind that OL.

Aren't Daniels and Newman 2-6 verses ranked opponents?

Reactions: instaGATOR
Look, I get it. You think just because they have that G on their helmet they will automatically be good. That's not unusual. Most Gators felt the same way back in the Meyer era.

But here's the thing. In 2010, after seasons where we finished #1 and #2 in the nation, and having recruiting classes that were #1 twice and #2 once, plus a 7 and 9, we came into the season having lost a bunch of talent to the draft, and had a new QB and a new Oline. Sound familiar?

We went 8-5.

Tons of talent on the team, but couldn't get the offense going. And we didn't have the issues of a new offensive system, starting a transfer QB, and Covid. You, obviously, have these issues.

All I'm saying is, expect a tough year. Heck, if you have reasonable expectations, maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. But if you come in thinking you are going to compete for titles, you are going to be very, very dissappointed.
Love watching you get all riled up about anything Georgia. Multiple replies to the same post not once, but twice. And you have made a lot of predictions that were flat wrong. But keep putting them out there and eventually the blind squirrel will find the nut.

I totally forgot about JT Daniels and it's not looking good for Carson Beck, who I believe is seriously over hyped. I've watched some of his games and it was all I needed to be convinced he's overrated.
As for Daniels and Newman, good luck playing behind that OL.

Aren't Daniels and Newman 2-6 verses ranked opponents?

gatordad3, "that offensive line" consists of LT- JR. Jamaree Slyer, LG- Sr. Justin Shaffer, C- Jr. Trey Hill, RG- Sr. Ben Cleveland and RT- Rfr Xavier Truss. Thanks to Georgia's recruiting prowess, our teams have had the luxury of substituting liberally to keep the OL fresh. All of those linemen except for Xavier Truss have amassed a lot of playing time and we do not expect a drop off. As for Daniels and Neuman's records versus ranked opponents, you DO remember that Southern Cal has been terrible and Wake Forrest is a "poor sister" in the weak ACC?

gatordad3, "that offensive line" consists of LT- JR. Jamaree Slyer, LG- Sr. Justin Shaffer, C- Jr. Trey Hill, RG- Sr. Ben Cleveland and RT- Rfr Xavier Truss. Thanks to Georgia's recruiting prowess, our teams have had the luxury of substituting liberally to keep the OL fresh. All of those linemen except for Xavier Truss have amassed a lot of playing time and we do not expect a drop off. As for Daniels and Neuman's records versus ranked opponents, you DO remember that Southern Cal has been terrible and Wake Forrest is a "poor sister" in the weak ACC?
Those other QBs behind them ended up performing better despite USC and Wake surrounding them with mediocre players.
I guess I should have saved my initial post for this thread
https://florida.forums.rivals.com/t...rs-now-there-are-8-qbs-on-dawgs-roster.90875/

Those other QBs behind them ended up performing better despite USC and Wake surrounding them with mediocre players.
I guess I should have saved my initial post for this thread
https://florida.forums.rivals.com/t...rs-now-there-are-8-qbs-on-dawgs-roster.90875/
If Daniels and Neuman called up Dan Mullen and asked to transfer to Gainesville, I'm pretty sure the Coach would jump on that. What say you? From your referenced post, it soumds like the altruistic Dan Mullen would stay true to Kyle Trask and turn them away. Seems to me like a QB competition is good for the team where the best performer takes the starting position. And, in case there is an injury, you have another elite player to step up.

If Daniels and Neuman called up Dan Mullen and asked to transfer to Gainesville, I'm pretty sure the Coach would jump on that. What say you? From your referenced post, it soumds like the altruistic Dan Mullen would stay true to Kyle Trask and turn them away. Seems to me like a QB competition is good for the team where the best performer takes the starting position. And, in case there is an injury, you have another elite player to step up.
So far Mullen has yet to take a transfer QB. We have a quality backup QB in Emory Jones so UF has competition at that spot.

Reactions: rdgtr and gatordad3
Thank you gentlemen. Instagator, you gave me the best reply. I think your points about UGA having a new OC and QB, and melding together a new offensive line are valid. Not having a spring practice really impacted this team. If I had to bet my house, I'd bet on Alabama in the third game. The Georgia-Florida game is the 8th game of the year with two bye weeks thrown in there. I would think that is enough time for the offense to get in tune. Just checked the betting line from the MGM site. They favor UGA by 3.5. Looking forward to this game.

A little Florida - Georgia history for ya:

Overall Record - UGly 52 - 43 - 1 UF

UGly won big while UF was just a brand new University, they were not even rated in football until 1911.
Sorry, but an intramural team from Gainesville, was not a win vs UF.
In that 1904 season, that team lost all 5 games by the combined score of 0-225 (0-45 Ave)
Pretty embarrassing for anyone to brag about beating that Gainesville intramural team imo. :rolleyes:

==========

Since 1950, the post WWII modern era, it's UF 38-31-1 UGly

1950-59 - UF 6-4 UGly
1960-69 - UF 6-3-1 UGly

1970-79 - UGly 7-3 UF
1980-89 - UGly 8-2 UF

1990-99 - UF 9-1 UGly
2000-09 - UF 8-2 UGly

2010-19 - UGly 6-4 UF

And in the 1st two decades of this century it's UF 12-8 UGly

So enjoy that big 3 game win streak that you're riding on right now, because it's NFL (not-for-long).

2019 -- Under the heading of 'Things to Consider'

UF 17 - 24 UGly /// +7 @ neutral Jax
~ SEC officials made ZERO holding calls on the UGly OL on pass plays ~
That's pretty special vs UF's #1 SEC pass defense and #1 in SEC sacks.

Per Sports Illustrated: While defensively the Gators put up a formidable effort, Gators' running game simply couldn't move the ball, accumulating just 21 yards on the ground. Gators quarterback Kyle Trask took a bit to get going, however, he ultimately nearly led the Gators to a comeback, finishing 21 of 33 passing with 257 yards, and two TD's on the day.

With the Gators improvements in the OL and with the 5 RB's currently on roster and available, that 7 pt UGly win in 2019 is looking good for a Gator win in 2020. o_O

SCa 20 - 17 @ UGly /// -3 UGly
4th and Dumb lost at home to 4-8 coach Boom's lamecocks.

UF 38 - 27 @ SCa /// +11 UF
Dan won on the road vs a sell-out crowd.

On any Saturday in the SEC.... :cool:

PS --
UF lost @ NC LSU by 14, while the SEC officials also called ZERO holds against their OL.
But Trask still threw for 3 TD's in Death Valley.

[QUOTE="UGAly, post: 1727036, member: 11607]" If Daniels and Neuman called up Dan Mullen and asked to transfer to Gainesville, I'm pretty sure the Coach would jump on that. What say you? From your referenced post, it soumds like the altruistic Dan Mullen would stay true to Kyle Trask and turn them away. Seems to me like a QB competition is good for the team where the best performer takes the starting position. And, in case there is an injury, you have another elite player to step up.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm pretty sure that you're FoS on that one...
o_O

A little comparison, which doesn't include the difference in competition levels. :rolleyes:
The passing numbers for the two are somewhat similar: :rolleyes:

Trask 237-354 (66.9%) passing for 2,941 yds with 25 TD's to 7 Ints, 10 Gms

Newman - 220-361 (60.9%) passing for 2,868 yds with 26 TD,11 Int's, 12 Gms.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...te-Urban-Meyer-Dan-Mullen-QB-drill-147638317/

Competing with Trask for starting QB in 2020:

QB-dt Emory Jones 6-2 199 rsFr (Elite-11 & UA-AA)
2019 - 11 Gms - P 267 yds, 3 TD's, 0 Ints - R 256 yds, 4 TD's

QB-dt Anthony Richardson 6-4 235 Fr (Elite-11 & Netflix QB1)
He won the E-11 Distance Throw with a 70+ yd throw. :eek:
=====

QB's in the incoming class for 2021:after Trask's eligibility ends in the NFL

#12 QB pp Carlos Del Rio 6-3 205 Fr (ESPN - Elite-11)
https://www.si.com/college/florida/recruiting/scouting-gators-2021-quarterback-commit-carlos-del-rio

#23 QB-pp Jalen Kitna 6-4 200 4.7/40 Fr (BC flip, son of NFL QB)
https://www.si.com/college/florida/recruiting/florida-gators-jalen-kitna-scouting-report-commit

QB-pp Luke Matthews 5-9 166 rsSo - P-WO (Shane's son)

]The last time that UF took 2 quarterbacks in the same class was in 2016 (Franks-Trask), and things worked out pretty well with that. ;)

"The last position anyone needs to worry about on the Gators' roster for the foreseeable future at quarterback. Not many teams at the high school, college, or pro level have the luxury of saying that." -- Sports Illustrated

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...ullen-quarterback-development-recruiting-2020

Last edited:

Our system requires a DT QB that has been trained up in it. So no, we would not take either one, as neither is want we want or need. Does that mean we would never take a transfer QB? Not at all. But he would need to be a true DT QB and would need probably 3 years of eligibility, or maybe two years if he still had a redshirt.

As for QB competition, what you have in UGa is a recipe for disaster. EIGHT QB's in the room? That's nuts. You can't train that many, so you will have several that will simply be ignored. Then, when they transfer, do you think they will trash UGa for never giving them a chance? Maybe not all, but certainly some.

As I said before, UF has a plan. UGa just throws everything against the wall to see what sticks.

You really don't understand football at all.

They may have PT, but not PT TOGETHER. An effective Oline not only has players that know their jobs, but players that also know everybody else's jobs. Otherwise, you get two guys who block in the same direction and the blitzing LB comes free. Or they block their guy in front of the RB so the LB he has assigned to him comes in another hole and he looks out of position. Your Oline is taking a step back, you need to deal with the reality, and for God's sake stop talking about recruiting stars! They don't mean squat!

Love watching you get all riled up about anything Georgia. Multiple replies to the same post not once, but twice. And you have made a lot of predictions that were flat wrong. But keep putting them out there and eventually the blind squirrel will find the nut.

Oh, sweetie, if you fleas weren't here, I would never discuss UGa, except just before our game. This is how it was before you managed to win a couple and you all suddenly got the courage to come here after a 20 year absence, and that's how it will be after we start winning again and you all run away.

Go look back and see how many UGa threads I have started over the years. Good luck finding even one. But any school's fan, ANY, who comes in here blowing smoke is going to get a counter from me.

And the reason I give multiple responses is because your pea brains can't handle a multi-topic post. So I break them up into bite size chunks for you. Aren't I nice?

You're telling me Mullen would take in two guys, one coming off injury and one from the ACC, neither of whom play in his style, and have them compete against two players proven to work well in his system? To do what exactly, cause chaos in the locker room?

No wonder y'all have 8 qbs. That doesn't make sense.

Our system requires a DT QB that has been trained up in it. So no, we would not take either one, as neither is want we want or need. Does that mean we would never take a transfer QB? Not at all. But he would need to be a true DT QB and would need probably 3 years of eligibility, or maybe two years if he still had a redshirt.

As for QB competition, what you have in UGa is a recipe for disaster. EIGHT QB's in the room? That's nuts. You can't train that many, so you will have several that will simply be ignored. Then, when they transfer, do you think they will trash UGa for never giving them a chance? Maybe not all, but certainly some.

As I said before, UF has a plan. UGa just throws everything against the wall to see what sticks.
Yes, Georgia has too many QB's and I expect a transfer or two. Instagator, you are really good at statistics and details. Love it. Thanks to all for your semi-cordial responses. I hope we can interact more betweeen now and Halloween.

You're telling me Mullen would take in two guys, one coming off injury and one from the ACC, neither of whom play in his style, and have them compete against two players proven to work well in his system? To do what exactly, cause chaos in the locker room?

No wonder y'all have 8 qbs. That doesn't make sense.
No, but if a DT guy wanted a new home, then maybe so. That’s really the point, nit the exact players involved.

No, but if a DT guy wanted a new home, then maybe so. That’s really the point, nit the exact players involved.

Justin Fields flirted with us late in the process, before he signed with you. He was never serious, probably just trying to increase his signing bonus. However, if he had wanted to transfer to UF, we would have taken him. As good as Trask has been, if Fields would have come to UF, we would have made the playoffs last year.

We can beat you guys, almost did last year. You won fair and square.

Talent gap is close or closing I think we have a better program and if some won't say it UGA is a force to not be trifled with. Tons of talent, money and some really good coaches. I'm ready to see the game. I know we can win...we'll see though.

Reactions: UGAly
Justin Fields flirted with us late in the process, before he signed with you. He was never serious, probably just trying to increase his signing bonus. However, if he had wanted to transfer to UF, we would have taken him. As good as Trask has been, if Fields would have come to UF, we would have made the playoffs last year.
Had we picked him up it would had been perfect....cant ignore Trask....kid played amazing and Jones is the prototype. He's going to kill it for a year or two...we will win the SEC in the next year or two...bet on that.

Not sure Fields is better than Jones....Emory is a baller.

Finally found a forum I can fit in with. The only thing dogs can really hang on to in recent years is beating UF a few times in a row. I still dont believe they are over Tua and the miracle that took that title they FIRMLY held in their hand. The only thing that resembles it to me is Belue to Scott when our FIRST sec title was all ours to keep. I will say this, the dwag bowl game this year impressed me. They just out talented a team that wanted the game MUCH more than uga. I dont see how Kirby keeps getting all that talent. One more thing for gator fans. All this jawing before the game dont mean shtttt. Working with kids for 40 years my charge to them was always "do it then talk about it" Lastly, Mullen has done more with way less than Kirby has done with way more in a short 2 yrs.

TE/WR Kyle Pitts 6-6 239 Jr - 54 for 649 yds, 12.0 yds/rec, 5 TD's. (Riv 4-star)
Honors: Led all tight ends in the SEC in receptions, yards and TD's..
He had a career-high 108-yard performance on 5 catches at LSU.
Consecutive John Mackey TE of the Week Honorable Mention vs Auburn.& LSU.
Was named a Walter Camp Player of the Year Semifinalist.
Named to AP/Coaches’ All-SEC First Team

These next 2 were playing behind 4 Sr WR's, and a Sr RB that had 40 rec's. All 5 of therm are now in the NFL... -- CoOC/WR's Billy Gonzalaz. ;)

Former Florida coach Urban Meyer, who won two national championships during his tenure, said this week the Gators have a player who will seemingly come out of nowhere this season and turn heads and he believes Mullen's team will reach the final four. (WR Grimes)

WR Trevon Grimes 6-5 214 Sr - 33 for 491 yds, 14.9 yds/rec, 3 TD's
Honors: SEC Academic Honor Roll - (Rivals 5-star, 10.3 100-M)

WR/ST Jacob Copeland 6-0 194 4.44/40 rsSo - 21 for 273 yds, 13.0 yds/rec, 2 TD's
Honors: SEC Fr of Week - SEC Academic Honor Roll - (Rivals 4-star)

"Recognizable or household names correlate right with great teams," Meyer said Wednesday on Fox Sports. "Because there's a lot of great players out there on bad teams you never hear about. They're not on TV, they're just not in the conversation. So I went with Trevon Grimes at Florida. I think Florida is gonna have a heck of a year. If they stay healthy, I'm picking them to be a playoff team. (Grimes) actually played for me at Ohio State. Big, tall, legitimate 10.3 100 meter guy with a returning quarterback, returning coaching staff."

This bold statement from Meyer echoes what Mullen said Wednesday during an appearance on the Pat McAfee Show. Mullen, who has won 21 games over his first two years with the Gators, believes this is his most complete team yet.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...on-Grimes-Floridas-Playoff-chances-147835137/

According to the Sporting News:

The SEC has 5 Teams ranked in the Top 11, and 2 more in the Top 25 for 7 Total.
They've also seen 12 of their 14 teams projected as bowl team, (minus upset specials Ark & VU).

All Florida has to do to reach the CFP is beat #23 UK, #5 LSU, #4 UGA, & #3 Bama.
Plus a few others like a SCa team that beat UGly in Athens last season.
And a 9-3 Tennis-sea up on ole Rocky Top.
And then finish off @ FSU the week before the SEC-C game.

Just another 'walk in the park' for the Gators..... :rolleyes:

I dont see how Kirby keeps getting all that talent.

Reactions: gatorpe1
The University of Florida placed 11 different Gators on the Athlon Sports’ All-SEC football team just released by the publication this week. The Gators are expecting a big season and so are the media that covers college football.

1st Team
TE/WR Kyle Pitts Jr - 1st Team

2nd Team
QB Kyle Trask rsSr
WR/RB Kadarius Toney Sr
CB Kaiir Elam So

3rd Team
SDE Zachary Carter rsJr
CB/Star Marco Wilson rsJr
SAF Shawn Davis Sr
PK Evan McPherson Jr

4th Team
WR Trevon Grimes Sr
OL Stewart Reese rsSr
DT Tedarrell Slaton Sr
==========

Trask - 237-354 (66.9%) for 2,941 yds, 8.3 Yd/Att with 25 TD's to 7 Ints, 10 Gms

Newman - 220-361 (60.9%) for 2,868 yds, 7.9 Yd/Att with 26 TD,11 Int's, 12 Gms.

Fromm - 234-385 (60.8%) for 2,860 yds, 7.4 Yd/Att with 24 TD's, 5 Ints, 14 Gms.

o_O--:cool:--o_O

TE/WR Kyle Pitts 6-6 239 Jr - 54 for 649 yds, 12.0 yds/rec, 5 TD's. (Riv 4-star)
Honors: Led all tight ends in the SEC in receptions, yards and TD's..
He had a career-high 108-yard performance on 5 catches at LSU.
Consecutive John Mackey TE of the Week Honorable Mention vs Auburn.& LSU.
Was named a Walter Camp Player of the Year Semifinalist.
Named to AP/Coaches’ All-SEC First Team

These next 2 were playing behind 4 Sr WR's, and a Sr RB that had 40 rec's. All 5 of therm are now in the NFL... -- CoOC/WR's Billy Gonzalaz. ;)

Former Florida coach Urban Meyer, who won two national championships during his tenure, said this week the Gators have a player who will seemingly come out of nowhere this season and turn heads and he believes Mullen's team will reach the final four. (WR Grimes)

WR Trevon Grimes 6-5 214 Sr - 33 for 491 yds, 14.9 yds/rec, 3 TD's
Honors: SEC Academic Honor Roll - (Rivals 5-star, 10.3 100-M)

WR/ST Jacob Copeland 6-0 194 4.44/40 rsSo - 21 for 273 yds, 13.0 yds/rec, 2 TD's
Honors: SEC Fr of Week - SEC Academic Honor Roll - (Rivals 4-star)

"Recognizable or household names correlate right with great teams," Meyer said Wednesday on Fox Sports. "Because there's a lot of great players out there on bad teams you never hear about. They're not on TV, they're just not in the conversation. So I went with Trevon Grimes at Florida. I think Florida is gonna have a heck of a year. If they stay healthy, I'm picking them to be a playoff team. (Grimes) actually played for me at Ohio State. Big, tall, legitimate 10.3 100 meter guy with a returning quarterback, returning coaching staff."

This bold statement from Meyer echoes what Mullen said Wednesday during an appearance on the Pat McAfee Show. Mullen, who has won 21 games over his first two years with the Gators, believes this is his most complete team yet.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...on-Grimes-Floridas-Playoff-chances-147835137/

According to the Sporting News:

The SEC has 5 Teams ranked in the Top 11, and 2 more in the Top 25 for 7 Total.
They've also seen 12 of their 14 teams projected as bowl team, (minus upset specials Ark & VU).

All Florida has to do to reach the CFP is beat #23 UK, #5 LSU, #4 UGA, & #3 Bama.
Plus a few others like a SCa team that beat UGly in Athens last season.
And a 9-3 Tennis-sea up on ole Rocky Top.
And then finish off @ FSU the week before the SEC-C game.

Just another 'walk in the park' for the Gators..... :rolleyes:
A lot of talent on this team for sure, we have play makers everywhere

I trust our coaches, Mullen has a great team, we have very good talent, best roster we've had in 10 years. Even if we don't make the final 4, I'm excited to see this team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT