TJtheGator

Gator Great
Jun 4, 2001
We don't care about baseball
Dem Gators just hoisted the trophy in Omaha before us...
Oh wait........

I would hope that a true Gator fan cares that all UF sports compete well and represent UF well, regardless of whether or not an individual fan follows a particular sport. To be fair, I post the same assertion on USC's Rivals forum.

I would hope that a true Gator fan cares that all UF sports compete well and represent UF well, regardless of whether or not an individual fan follows a particular sport. To be fair, I post the same assertion on USC's Rivals forum.
Fair point...I'm not particularly fond of the sport of baseball; however, I care that FSU is successful in all sports.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Fair point...I'm not particularly fond of the sport of baseball; however, I care that FSU is successful in all sports.
I honestly do not care to watch much of if any ladies basketball. However I hope the Lady Gators win the national championship every year in Lady hoops.

On that note though...I wasn't all over the USCe boards spreading my displeasure for lady basketball after they won it all. Unlike a handful of Noles were and still are over here stressing they don't like baseball.

Im a champions club season ticket holder to FSU football. I dont even know the names of 1 baseball or 1 basketball player. I couldnt care less about those sports. I care about football. Thats it. Not saying some fans dont care about baseball, there were some upset FSU fans but i dont care about baseball at all. Not even the slightest. If someone told me we won at baseball i would be pissed, that means we poured money into it and that money could have went to football

If someone told me we won at baseball i would be pissed, that means we poured money into it and that money could have went to football
That is about the most illogical post that I have ever seen on a message board. A school's athletic department is responsible for funding all their sports adequately and providing for all their athletes. It has nothing to do with pouring more money into 1 sport more than another just to win a national championship. Coastal Carolina won a baseball national championship without pouring tons of money into the sport or more than any other school for that matter. UF didn't put anymore money into their baseball program this year than they have the other years with Sully as the coach.

That's fine if you don't like the sport but don't post illogical things that make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I honestly do not care to watch much of if any ladies basketball. However I hope the Lady Gators win the national championship every year in Lady hoops.

On that note though...I wasn't all over the USCe boards spreading my displeasure for lady basketball after they won it all. Unlike a handful of Noles were and still are over here stressing they don't like baseball.

Agree, that's pretty silly to just show up out of nowhere only to share's one disdain for a sport their team failed at. I'll mention I'm not a huge fan of 'X' if I'm already in a discussion about it. It's like those folks who show up in a thread about the latest comic book film just to post, "I haven't seen it. I hate comic book movies."

I will admit, I did watch some baseball this year, both UF and FSU...gave it a shot.

That is about the most illogical post that I have ever seen on a message board. A school's athletic department is responsible for funding all their sports adequately and providing for all their athletes. It has nothing to do with pouring more money into 1 sport more than another just to win a national championship. Coastal Carolina won a baseball national championship without pouring tons of money into the sport or more than any other school for that matter. UF didn't put anymore money into their baseball program this year than they have the other years with Sully as the coach.

That's fine if you don't like the sport but don't post illogical things that make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Maybe take some of his pay to scout more quarterbacks. I would be pissed if i was u

nole gonna nole.

Agree, that's pretty silly to just show up out of nowhere only to share's one disdain for a sport their team failed at. I'll mention I'm not a huge fan of 'X' if I'm already in a discussion about it. It's like those folks who show up in a thread about the latest comic book film just to post, "I haven't seen it. I hate comic book movies."

I will admit, I did watch some baseball this year, both UF and FSU...gave it a shot.

Im jus doing what OP asked for

Maybe take some of his pay to scout more quarterbacks. I would be pissed if i was u
Thanks for your concern but since I'm a UF fan I'm proud of the baseball team for winning a national championship and I'm not even a big baseball guy but I'm proud of UFs athletics program.

Not sure why anybody would be pissed about winning a national championship. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Thanks for your concern but since I'm a UF fan I'm proud of the baseball team for winning a national championship and I'm not even a big baseball guy but I'm proud of UFs athletics program.

Not sure why anybody would be pissed about winning a national championship. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Would u rather have every sport besides football win the NC game next year or only football?

Would u rather have every sport besides football win the NC game next year or only football?

I enjoy Florida doing well in other sports.

I would trade that for SEC and National Championships anytime.

I just enjoy it more.

well for Gator fans it's easy, we are at the elite level at pretty much all sports year round and are a real competitor for titles in them all...

Reactions: PacoGator19
well for Gator fans it's easy, we are at the elite level at pretty much all sports year round and are a real competitor for titles in them all...

FSU was named today as winner for CBS Sports best in College Sports. Their formula weights the sports that have the most following, giving more points on a scale ie football (most pts), men and women BB, baseball etc.
Not having rowing, hockey, wrestling is not penalized.

which is funny for anyone to think of FSU's athletic program as anywhere near the other top schools, they are only good in two sports and in baseball they really aren't that good.. especially in comparison to their rival, they are only good at football in reality... nothing has changed

FSU was named today as winner for CBS Sports best in College Sports. Their formula weights the sports that have the most following, giving more points on a scale ie football (most pts), men and women BB, baseball etc.
Not having rowing, hockey, wrestling is not penalized.
LINK: http://www.seminoles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32900&ATCLID=211644204

They narrowly beat out UF and to be honest this really means nothing and I'd trade a "CBS Title" for a CWS Title any day (and I don't even watch much baseball).

which is funny for anyone to think of FSU's athletic program as anywhere near the other top schools, they are only good in two sports and in baseball they really aren't that good.. especially in comparison to their rival, they are only good at football in reality... nothing has changed

Yeah you're right. CBS probably set up their metric specifically to benefit only FSU. smh

It wasn't set up or FSU, the thing was set up for it and that's why FSU is at the top of its list...

I would rather have no national title in football and 20 NCAA championships in the other 20 sports we compete in. No doubt. What a tremendous accomplishment that would be!

Yeah....no....
Respect your opinion. Many Gators are primarily football fans and while they are glad when other sports do well, they just don't care all that much. I happen to be one of those who honestly follows all UF programs and gets excited when any of them wins a title. I love college football. It's my favorite sport overall. But the 3 national titles we recently won in women's tennis, men's outdoor track & field and baseball were great. I was more excited about baseball because this was our 1st and we've won several in the other two. But I, like many Gator fans, cherish all our titles. I've been a UF fan for 55 years, alumni Class of '73 and titles of any kind were few and far between until fairly recently. Now I appreciate each and every one. Just an old guy's opinion, but that's what I think.

Respect your opinion. Many Gators are primarily football fans and while they are glad when other sports do well, they just don't care all that much. I happen to be one of those who honestly follows all UF programs and gets excited when any of them wins a title. I love college football. It's my favorite sport overall. But the 3 national titles we recently won in women's tennis, men's outdoor track & field and baseball were great. I was more excited about baseball because this was our 1st and we've won several in the other two. But I, like many Gator fans, cherish all our titles. I've been a UF fan for 55 years, alumni Class of '73 and titles of any kind were few and far between until fairly recently. Now I appreciate each and every one. Just an old guy's opinion, but that's what I think.

Totally understandbut sports is an emotional investment in a lot of ways and I can't care much at all outside of "hey, that's cool" when it comes to the non-big 3.

Reactions: fsu939913

I would bet a million dollars u couldnt name one womens tennis player unless u looked it up. Thats just stupid. Unless ur still in college, i doubt u watch all the sports.

I was just as happy that our basketball team won the title in 07 (while the football team lost 4 games) as I was winning the football 06 title game.

I was happy winning our first baseball title this season as I was when UF won their first football title in 96.

I was just as happy that our basketball team won the title in 07 (while the football team lost 4 games) as I was winning the football 06 title game.

I was happy winning our first baseball title this season as I was when UF won their first football title in 96.

I really find that difficult to even comprehend.

I'm trying, but man...first baseball title and first football title having equal footholds?

I just...how?

Reactions: fsu939913
I would bet a million dollars u couldnt name one womens tennis player unless u looked it up. Thats just stupid. Unless ur still in college, i doubt u watch all the sports.
Well, you're wrong and would be out a ton of money. I have the Watch ESPN app on my PC, am retired and actually do spend considerable time watching Gator sports of all types. I watched all but a handful of UF's baseball and softball games this year (and every year), watch a lot of volleyball matches, soccer and lacrosse and yes, even women's tennis. All you do is troll our posts and cut down as much as you can. You just don't have a clue.

Totally understandbut sports is an emotional investment in a lot of ways and I can't care much at all outside of "hey, that's cool" when it comes to the non-big 3.
You can ask my wife, but I am emotionally invested in Gator athletics. It's a hobby and I love it. All Gator sports. I have a lot of Gator friends who are like you that are primarily football, with a little focus on basketball and baseball, caring nothing about the women's sports. I get it - yet I don't because that's not me. I truly do get excited about all of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT