ADVERTISEMENT

Holes canned the Meat

TJtheGator

Gator Great
Jun 4, 2001
Didn’t see that one coming.

Given covid screwed everything in 2020 I thought he had one more year to prove his worth.

Guess they’re getting desperate after 5 years of us having a title and them having nothing.

Interesting move for sure. There are some really good guys out there. Hopefully they screw up the hire.

Gave him 2 full seasons....after firing his dad(went to the CWS twice in his last 3 years).

Unless they find a diamond in the rough and the Saban of College baseball, they won't have the patience to stick with any coach that could give them even a solo championship.

Too bad nolies.

After we are going after someone at ND....luckily, I don't ever watch college baseball so none of this matters to me. Fsu fans were whining about him constantly tho

Lol! Imagine if Willie was canned before the 21-game mark. What about Norvil? His record after 21 games is worse than Willie.

If MMJr and Willie were canned so quick, why the long leash on Norvil?

Unfortunately, in the new early signing day era, canning a coach means u basically forfeit 1 and a half recruiting classes. Willie left nothing for Norvell, he literally had to kick 70% of the team off (thru transfers or just plain kicking them off). So he had his first class which he had like 10 days to get assembled in the non NIL era. Then had covid year to not recruit, then this past yr had the FCS player taken on signing day because barstool paid him millions. I gotta admit, Norvell has had some bad breaks and I want him to succeed but he may have had too much working against him at the beginning. I think he has this yr to show improvement. He's done a lot with culture, he's done almost everything right behind the scenes, he just hasn't won any games lol which is kind of the point. Willie once showed up to a ND game 35 min before kickoff, I'm not joking, that's when our team got there. He asked for them to delay and they said no lol we got trounced 45 to 10. He held a recruiting event and forgot to give passes to a few recruits so they couldn't even enter..... these are just some of the horrors of Willie. Willie never signed a high school QB at FSU and completely refused to recruit any o lineman worth a damn. Norvell has recruited o lined fairly well (mainly because of Atkins) and landed a prep QB in Duffy last yr. Norvell is next if he doesn't get his ass in gear. Talent wise this yr we are a 6 to 7 win team. We play LSU week 1, so we will know immediately. This should be the best team he's fielded and it's still not a good team lol If he doesn't show improvement, he's next.

I will also add, our assistant coaches are terrible at recruiting. Only Atkins is good and maybe Woodson.

Oh also, NO CARBS BABY!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: TJtheGator
I have been impressed with our AD so far. He is a baseball guy and I believe he will bring in a Top Notch Baseball coach. There are several out there to pick from.

Unfortunately, in the new early signing day era, canning a coach means u basically forfeit 1 and a half recruiting classes. Willie left nothing for Norvell, he literally had to kick 70% of the team off (thru transfers or just plain kicking them off). So he had his first class which he had like 10 days to get assembled in the non NIL era. Then had covid year to not recruit, then this past yr had the FCS player taken on signing day because barstool paid him millions. I gotta admit, Norvell has had some bad breaks and I want him to succeed but he may have had too much working against him at the beginning. I think he has this yr to show improvement. He's done a lot with culture, he's done almost everything right behind the scenes, he just hasn't won any games lol which is kind of the point. Willie once showed up to a ND game 35 min before kickoff, I'm not joking, that's when our team got there. He asked for them to delay and they said no lol we got trounced 45 to 10. He held a recruiting event and forgot to give passes to a few recruits so they couldn't even enter..... these are just some of the horrors of Willie. Willie never signed a high school QB at FSU and completely refused to recruit any o lineman worth a damn. Norvell has recruited o lined fairly well (mainly because of Atkins) and landed a prep QB in Duffy last yr. Norvell is next if he doesn't get his ass in gear. Talent wise this yr we are a 6 to 7 win team. We play LSU week 1, so we will know immediately. This should be the best team he's fielded and it's still not a good team lol If he doesn't show improvement, he's next.

I will also add, our assistant coaches are terrible at recruiting. Only Atkins is good and maybe Woodson.

Oh also, NO CARBS BABY!!!!!
I wonder about that FSC kid. I see a scenario where Sanders tells him "take the money and come here. I'm going to be the coach at FSU soon, then you can transfer with me, you'll have a couple years in our system, plus the money in your pocket from barstool."

Also, concerning LSU: Since LSU was fairly bad last year, I can see FSU keeping it close for a while, then LSU pulling it out at the end with the better athletes. The moral victory Noles would be heartened by that, only to be crushed later when crappy ACC teams start beating them. I think that's plausible, considering it's the exact same thing that happened last year with ND. :p

Alternatively, I am no fan of LSU, so an FSU victory that sent them into a death spiral would also be ok, just so long as the Noles didn't have a good season because of it.

All this begs the question: Is this the first time a school has played it's opener against the same coach back to back years, but against different teams?

Reactions: fsu939913
I wonder about that FSC kid. I see a scenario where Sanders tells him "take the money and come here. I'm going to be the coach at FSU soon, then you can transfer with me, you'll have a couple years in our system, plus the money in your pocket from barstool."

Also, concerning LSU: Since LSU was fairly bad last year, I can see FSU keeping it close for a while, then LSU pulling it out at the end with the better athletes. The moral victory Noles would be heartened by that, only to be crushed later when crappy ACC teams start beating them. I think that's plausible, considering it's the exact same thing that happened last year with ND. :p

Alternatively, I am no fan of LSU, so an FSU victory that sent them into a death spiral would also be ok, just so long as the Noles didn't have a good season because of it.

All this begs the question: Is this the first time a school has played it's opener against the same coach back to back years, but against different teams?

I think you are correct for the most part. I don't want deion anywhere near our program tho, dude is 10 out of 10 corny

Norvell and his staff aren’t good recruiters except for Atkins.

I agree, tokarz our QB coach is new but he seems like a weirdo. Our RB coach Johnson is from Louisiana and he's terrible (I don't think he signed a single kid that he recruited last yr), Dugans at WR (LOL, I'd do better than him), Atkins is the o line and he's done a fantastic job considering how bad we have been on the o line. Thompson our TE is like a grandpa at a 16 yr old party (just completely out of touch). Haggins at DT is decent, he got Daniel Lyons who is going to be an NFL pick one day (guarantee it that kid is a monster) I'd give odell an okay rating. Papuchis our DE coach had Jermain Johnson who was a first rd pick and Keir Thomas and developed the younger guys well (still couldn't sign even 1 DE), our linebacker coach Shannon LOL need I say more? Woodson our DB coach I'd put with Haggins, he's ok. He signed McCall and Thomas who I think are both top 100 players but he lost the FCS player to Deion so how good can he be? Our Defensive coordinator Fuller couldn't talk a hooker into sex, much less a young kid to come to tally.

Overall our staff is old and bad at recruiting. They do work hard at recruiting, it's not like they neglect it, they just suck at it. I guess losing to JSU didn't help either..... I'm expecting 2 to 4 staff changes this next yr.

I agree, tokarz our QB coach is new but he seems like a weirdo. Our RB coach Johnson is from Louisiana and he's terrible (I don't think he signed a single kid that he recruited last yr), Dugans at WR (LOL, I'd do better than him), Atkins is the o line and he's done a fantastic job considering how bad we have been on the o line. Thompson our TE is like a grandpa at a 16 yr old party (just completely out of touch). Haggins at DT is decent, he got Daniel Lyons who is going to be an NFL pick one day (guarantee it that kid is a monster) I'd give odell an okay rating. Papuchis our DE coach had Jermain Johnson who was a first rd pick and Keir Thomas and developed the younger guys well (still couldn't sign even 1 DE), our linebacker coach Shannon LOL need I say more? Woodson our DB coach I'd put with Haggins, he's ok. He signed McCall and Thomas who I think are both top 100 players but he lost the FCS player to Deion so how good can he be? Our Defensive coordinator Fuller couldn't talk a hooker into sex, much less a young kid to come to tally.

Overall our staff is old and bad at recruiting. They do work hard at recruiting, it's not like they neglect it, they just suck at it. I guess losing to JSU didn't help either..... I'm expecting 2 to 4 staff changes this next yr.
Yeah I would agree. Woodson and Haggins are also decent. They are the next best recruiters behind Atkins. Now you guys gets to experience what we did when we had Randy Shannon. You get the “Randy specials”.

Reactions: fsu939913
ADVERTISEMENT