ADVERTISEMENT

Hmmm...woke crowd is up early

DCandtheUTBand

Gator Great
Sep 5, 2001
Didn't think that type got up before noon. Don't know if Doc saw your question.

@EvilWayz

Not @Dr. Curmudgeon but...If the person had faith enough to believe in hell and is convicted in his sin to the point of repentance and salvation then his salvation is not in jeopardy. Salvation is a gift from God via his personage as Jesus. It is a covenant of God.

According to Enoch the angels repented and God did not accept their pleas. First they are not human (God came in human form as Emmanuel, a title, to save men, and second the angles transgressions were against mankind as well as God.

1 Corinthians 6:3
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Now we are talking about true belief not someone making empty prayer in hopes of avoiding punishment.

Now God is a God of covenants and Satan/Lucifer/Devil the father of lies and evil has an angle. If he can get rid of or break God's covenant with Israel then what does that mean for the covenant of salvation? So if in covenant the motive for accepting salvation does not matter.

But Satan has to kill the Jews in order to stop God's plan.

You see the Jews must repent and say "Baruch haba B'Shem Adonai"

Matthew 23:39
For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

If there are no Jews they can not repent and proclaim this and Jesus will not return. As such the covenants are broken and with out Jesus there is no kingdom and no judgement. Its a hail Mary pass by Satan.

But the God who raised Jesus and Lazarus from the dead and translated Enoch would just raise the Jews from the dead and wait them out until they repent.

Satan is defeated and is burnt angel walking.

Didn't think that type got up before noon. Don't know if Doc saw your question.

@EvilWayz

Not @Dr. Curmudgeon but...If the person had faith enough to believe in hell and is convicted in his sin to the point of repentance and salvation then his salvation is not in jeopardy. Salvation is a gift from God via his personage as Jesus. It is a covenant of God.

According to Enoch the angels repented and God did not accept their pleas. First they are not human (God came in human form as Emmanuel, a title, to save men, and second the angles transgressions were against mankind as well as God.

1 Corinthians 6:3
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Now we are talking about true belief not someone making empty prayer in hopes of avoiding punishment.

Now God is a God of covenants and Satan/Lucifer/Devil the father of lies and evil has an angle. If he can get rid of or break God's covenant with Israel then what does that mean for the covenant of salvation? So if in covenant the motive for accepting salvation does not matter.

But Satan has to kill the Jews in order to stop God's plan.

You see the Jews must repent and say "Baruch haba B'Shem Adonai"

Matthew 23:39
For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

If there are no Jews they can not repent and proclaim this and Jesus will not return. As such the covenants are broken and with out Jesus there is no kingdom and no judgement. Its a hail Mary pass by Satan.

But the God who raised Jesus and Lazarus from the dead and translated Enoch would just raise the Jews from the dead and wait them out until they repent.

Satan is defeated and is burnt angel walking.
Taking one word out of context is blasphemy. Those that use the Word as a fable will not be at the Lord's table.

Reactions: nail1988
Elaborate on your thought process on this please?
If you only use the Holy Word as you would Aesop's fables (taking quotes out of the context they are intended) you will not drink from the vine with Jesus Christ in paradise. It is the living Word of God almighty. This had nothing to do with your comment, I was simply adding to your quote.

What questions did you ask?
The original question was posed to me as don't you think it's a bold and prideful stand you've taken on the afterlife. To which I responded Pascals wager is a bad way to pick a religion and most likely wouldn't count. Then ReRe piped up with a similar question, does fear of hell count as a true conversion. To which I narrowed the question down to if one of your flock told you he was a believer only because he didn't want to chance the alternative, would you tell him his salvation was in danger?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
The original question was posed to me as don't you think it's a bold and prideful stand you've taken on the afterlife. To which I responded Pascals wager is a bad way to pick a religion and most likely wouldn't count. Then ReRe piped up with a similar question, does fear of hell count as a true Co version. To which I narrowed the question down to if one of your flick told you he was a believer only because he didn't want to chance the alternative, would you tell him his salvation was in danger?
I fear God and his vengeance if I disobey his Word and I pray no one is hellbound even my worst enemies. That said, I don't hold back or water down the Word. I deliver sermons to the best of my ability to be relayed exactly as written. I would be doing all people a disservice if I try to be a motivational speaker instead of a Minister. I haven't the ability to judge them but I do hold them accountable as I should be if I place personal pride/opinion ahead of the new covenant. If one of my congregation members is confused about the scripture I will make certain they have clarity.

What constitutes faith? If someone “believes” only because they are wagering that it’s better to be wrong as a believer and go to eternal sleep than it is to be wrong as a non-believer and go to Hell, does that count as faith?

I fear God and his vengeance if I disobey his Word and I pray no one is hellbound even my worst enemies. That said, I don't hold back or water down the Word. I deliver sermons to the best of my ability to be relayed exactly as written. I would be doing all people a disservice if I try to be a motivational speaker instead of a Minister. I haven't the ability to judge them but I do hold them accountable as I should be if I place personal pride/opinion ahead of the new covenant. If one of my congregation members is confused about the scripture I will make certain they have clarity.
Pride is one of the seven deadly sins. That's what gets me about you preachers. You act like you know everything about God, yet you all put your personal opinion like it's Gospel.

God would not be pleased about how you speak in His name.

Pride is one of the seven deadly sins. That's what gets me about you preachers. You act like you know everything about God, yet you all put your personal opinion like it's Gospel.

No one knows the ways of Almighty God, Sir. I just try to obey and trust his Word.

What constitutes faith? If someone “believes” only because they are wagering that it’s better to be wrong as a believer and go to eternal sleep than it is to be wrong as a non-believer and go to Hell, does that count as faith?

Only God can answer that question.

My best guess...what you described does not sound like faith. I don't believe hedging bets will cut the mustard but that's absolutely beyond me and it's honestly not even healthy for me to contemplate.

Pope @BSC911 the Pius 🤭😭😭🙏

• Haha
Reactions: BillCutting4585
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT