ADVERTISEMENT

Hi. What's going on, fellas.

Hey buddy boo.
Just being a smart ass...

giphy.gif

Hard to troll you guys...been here too long. Can't believe FSU Hoops owns you guy, the way you own us in Baseball; especially since each sport is in the other schools wheel house. Weird.

giphy.gif

Hard to troll you guys...been here too long. Can't believe FSU Hoops owns you guy, the way you own us in Baseball; especially since each sport is in the other schools wheel house. Weird.
Baseball isn’t in your wheel house. You have zero national titles. UF even has a national title in baseball.

giphy.gif

That's alright, we beating dat football ass again later this month....and the foreseeable future.....we will actually be in playoff contention next year since we return a lot of key pieces. And how is baseball anymore in FSU's wheelhouse than it is in UF's wheelhouse? Sully has OWNED both FSU and Miami for years on the diamond. Back to the hardwood, we've won the Nattie after losing to FSU bball in same season so not like that game matters much.....ol Leonard still no Final Four in all these years?

Baseball isn’t in your wheel house. You have zero national titles. UF even has a national title in baseball.
Just because FSU doesn't have the brass, doesn't mean it hasn't been a successful program...they have more winning seasons and CWS appearances than any other program. If anything, they simply underachieve.

Yea but do you go the world series as much as we do?
IMO it doesn’t mean anything if you don’t win any of them. It isn’t like UF baseball doesn’t go to the World Series.

You still have zero national titles to UFs one. I certainly wouldn’t say college baseball is in your wheelhouse. Even I don’t think an FSU fan would admit to that if you’ve never even won a national title.

Do you really think college baseball is in FSUs wheelhouse when you don’t even have a title?

Just because FSU doesn't have the brass, doesn't mean it hasn't been a successful program...they have more winning seasons and CWS appearances than any other program. If anything, they simply underachieve.
Never said you didn’t have a successful college baseball program. But in your wheelhouse? You don’t have any national titles for that sport to be considered in your wheelhouse. Just my opinion though.

Do you really think college baseball is in FSUs wheelhouse when you don’t even have a title?
Absolutely!

The Florida State Seminoles are the winningest NCAA Division I college baseball program in percentage of games won, with an all-time win percentage of .725 as of the 2019 season. The Seminoles rank sixth in all-time number of total wins and third in post-season wins. The Seminoles have appeared in the NCAA Tournament fifty-seven times, advancing to the College World Series twenty-three times — and have appeared in the CWS Championship Game or Championship Series on three occasions in 1970, 1986 and 1999. Florida State has won eleven regular season conference championships and twenty conference tournament championships, including eight ACC tournament titles.

How is that not a successful program?

You know you can be an extremely successful NASCAR team and never win a race?

Absolutely!

The Florida State Seminoles are the winningest NCAA Division I college baseball program in percentage of games won, with an all-time win percentage of .725 as of the 2019 season. The Seminoles rank sixth in all-time number of total wins and third in post-season wins. The Seminoles have appeared in the NCAA Tournament fifty-seven times, advancing to the College World Series twenty-three times — and have appeared in the CWS Championship Game or Championship Series on three occasions in 1970, 1986 and 1999. Florida State has won eleven regular season conference championships and twenty conference tournament championships, including eight ACC tournament titles.

Never said it wasn’t a successful baseball program. Only UF baseball has won a national title. It isn’t like the FSU basketball program that has done virtually nothing.

I also strongly disagree with your NASCAR analogy. The best NASCAR teams win championships. They win multiple races. That analogy makes no sense to me.

Never said you didn’t have a successful college baseball program. But in your wheelhouse? You don’t have any national titles for that sport to be considered in your wheelhouse. Just my opinion though.
All up to interpretation. If you're successful at something it typically means its in your wheelhouse...has FSU underachieved? EPICLY!

Never said it wasn’t a successful baseball program. Only UF baseball has won a national title. It isn’t like the FSU basketball program that has done virtually nothing.

I also strongly disagree with your NASCAR analogy. The best NASCAR teams win championships. They win multiple races. That analogy makes no sense to me.
Didn't say the best...but a Driver could finish 2nd every race and win the cup.

I do know their legendary coach Mike Martin ended his coaching career with a losing record vs Florida. What's even more hilarious is they thought they could steal Auburn's coach but ended up pissin' off the Holes fan base by hiring :D:eek:o_O Mike Martin Jr.

IMO it doesn’t mean anything if you don’t win any of them. It isn’t like UF baseball doesn’t go to the World Series.

You still have zero national titles to UFs one. I certainly wouldn’t say college baseball is in your wheelhouse. Even I don’t think an FSU fan would admit to that if you’ve never even won a national title.

Well yes unquestionably. Having that many WS appearances, and college baseball's winningest coach puts baseball in one's "wheelhouse" . There's a bunch of factors that must come together to get a National Champ.--- that's why Bama doesn't get every one in football.

Well yes unquestionably. Having that many WS appearances, and college baseball's winningest coach puts baseball in one's "wheelhouse" . There's a bunch of factors that must come together to get a National Champ.--- that's why Bama doesn't get every one in football.
Bama would be a bad comparison because they have a crapload of national titles in football, not zero like FSU baseball.

Bama would be a bad comparison because they have a crapload of national titles in football, not zero like FSU baseball.
Poor bastards can't even win Track and Field titles without getting caught cheating, not once, but twice. Or was it 3 times they were stripped? Stripped, vacated, whatever.

I think it’s safe to say baseball is in both FSU and UF’s wheelhouse. Since Sullivan arrived at UF especially. There is no question all three sports are in UF’s wheelhouse. You have the athletic department we are striving for. No shame in admitting that. Your trophy case is all you need. We are clearly trying but have a ways to go. Nice to win in basketball but wish we could turn the corner there more consistently.

23 trips to Omaha is amazing. And make no mistake, Mike Martin is a total class act. Strange that the noles haven't won one. But Mike White is now 0-5 against the noles. Only good thing is the game is fairly meaningless in the grand scheme. Going deep in the tourney is.

Reactions: bradleygator
23 trips to Omaha is amazing. And make no mistake, Mike Martin is a total class act. Strange that the noles haven't won one. But Mike White is now 0-5 against the noles. Only good thing is the game is fairly meaningless in the grand scheme. Going deep in the tourney is.
Yea Agreed. I don’t think either team will go very deep in the tourney the way I see it.

IMO winning the NC means nothing....only World series appearances should matter.

Absolutely!

I remember back in the day when FSU was in the Metro conference and played 75-80 games a year.

Not hard to build up a big winning percentage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT