ADVERTISEMENT

Heavener Center opens today - Aug 14th; provides wow factor, ‘50-year fix’ for Florida football

I remember pre Clemson title run people (on this board an elsewhere) was saying all of Dabo's success was due to Chad Morris. Morris leaves to become a below average head coach and Dabo wins multiple titles. During that time run majority say it was due to Brent Venables. Soon we will find out.

Regardless I wonder what Clemson's recruiting rankings were with Dabo vs Son Bowden. Bet it was better.

Clemson's recruiting wasn't much better the early years of Dabo but took off in 2015 to be a lot better than Bowden' s final years.

fsu939913,

4-Star OL Roderick Kearney picks FSU Football​

Excellent Pick Up ! Gators wanted him.

Prior to Sunday's commitment, Florida State has been Kearney's leader for some time. The 6-foot-4, 300 pound offensive tackle prospect chose the Seminoles over contenders Florida, Clemson, and Arkansas among others.
https://floridastate.rivals.com/new...4-star-ol-roderick-kearney-picks-fsu-football

What's weird is our o line has been trash for a long time and now the only thing we can get is o line lol I don't get it.

Might be wisely using NIL money.

Could be, it's also Alex Atkins imo, he's the only coach we have who is an above avg recruiter. Lucas Simmons I think it's going to committ to us in a week or 2. He's just as good if not a better prospect than Kearney.

I do think NIL will take a couple of years to get to an equalibrium - some way over paying while other teams not paying enough. Hopefully Napier gets enough to still have a job by then lol

Unless you have the last class A&M budget for NIL you also need to make sure it's spread out some to the different positions. Paying a real crazy amount to an unproven QB recruit is not the best use of the money imo.

Unless you have the last class A&M budget for NIL you also need to make sure it's spread out some to the different positions. Paying a real crazy amount to an unproven QB recruit is not the best use of the money imo.
You'll also ONLY be able to really see who was using smart money, who over spent etc. 3-4 years in review. I'm hoping for the best and still think we're a little behind the curve to start NIL out. That said, 3-4 years from now maybe that's the prudent model to have followed - we'll see how the 23' class comes together.

1 parent said something about UF (Mitchell’s dad). That is it. I’m not aware of any other parents that have said anything.

FSUs NIL isn’t very good right now. This is like Norvell’s 4th recruiting class rightand their recruiting board just doesn’t look very good unless they hit on everybody or most of everybody. They are already having to get commitments from guys that aren’t even ranked or been evaluated yet. UFs NIL is good but not as good as the Tier 1 programs right now. Napier is also taking a bit of a different approach/distribution when it comes to the NIL piggybank he has. He’s using it for a lot of the current players. That is his strategy. We will see if it is a good one or bad one. Also right now the market is higher than expected & recruits are getting much more money than what was initially thought. We will see how long that is sustained. But UF isn’t going to give a larger NIL to Jaden Rashada then to Anthony Richardson and I’m fine with that and agree with that approach. Other schools are taking a different approach. Not sure how this is all going to end up. I’ve been on record from day 1 that I wasn’t a fan of NIL at all and these are the reasons why.

And yes UF is in a much better spot right now than this time last year. This time last year we had a coach that had lost interest in recruiting and in college football in general.

No the recruits FSU are bringing in for visits isn’t anywhere in the ball park of UFs and Miami’s right now. Not even close. FSUs recruiting has not been good the last few years and I expect it will not be good again this year either. Although it will likely be competitive with many of the ACC programs but the only ACC programs that will likely recruit well this year on a national level will be Clemson and Miami.

With all of that being said you are right it is just June. Their are alot of bigger programs that really haven’t gotten alot of commitments yet. (Bama, LSU, Texas, Texas A&M, Etc).

Mitchell's dad said something (I think the other inwas remembering was from last yr, my bad on that), did you the quotes from Rashadas attorney on UF NIL on twitter? I don't know how to link the actual quotes but he said something like it's the most dysfunctional NIL he has had to deal with and he's steering all his clients to away. Is there truth to that or do you think he's just trashing the Gators on the way out? Does anyone know how they do it?

Recruiting matters, but recruiting by itself doesn’t win anything.

Since 2017, University of Southern California have had three top ten recruiting classes.

They haven’t won more than eight games since 2018.

Texas had the third ranked class in 2018 and 2019. They were also eighth in 2020.

News alert, Texas isn’t back.

Texas A&M has had top ten classes in six of the last ten seasons.

The Aggies haven’t topped ten wins since 2012 and have only finished ranked in the AP poll twice since 2014.

For a program to be successful, it not only has to recruit but it also has to be able to develop those recruits.

Make no mistake about it, a team still has to have higher end talent to be competitive even if they are the best developers in the world.

The Florida Gators have had far more four and five star recruits show interest in Florida in one summer under Napier than they ever did under Mullen.

Then four star QB Jaden Rashada pushed back his commitment date after looking like a lock for Florida.(& scheduled an OV to Miami).
Five star CB AJ Harris, after it appeared at one point that Florida was the frontrunner, chose to commit to Georgia.

And so in the words of Taylor Swift, some Florida Gators fans have started to say “I think I’ve seen this film before, and I didn’t like the ending.”

Florida has a far greater commitment towards recruiting than they did under Mullen though. As Florida winds up on the radar of more and more recruits, there is greater room for hope but also greater room for disappointment.

In the age of NIL, Florida hasn’t indicated it is willing to play ball at a level needed to be a top five class consistently.

But Florida had top ten classes in 2019 and 2020 even with Mullen’s lackluster effort. And if Napier runs a better in house program than what Mullen did, Florida can still win a national title with top 10 classes.

Mullen was a thrown shoe and a defensive coordinator who knew a play call besides “Engage Eight” away from winning a title in 2020.
https://hailfloridahail.com/2022/06/21/panic-florida-gators-recruiting/
So what happens when UF doesn't recruit at the level of UGA, BAMA TX, TAMU, OU, Tenn.You think UF is actually going to "develop better" their way out of this.....

Mitchell's dad said something (I think the other inwas remembering was from last yr, my bad on that), did you the quotes from Rashadas attorney on UF NIL on twitter? I don't know how to link the actual quotes but he said something like it's the most dysfunctional NIL he has had to deal with and he's steering all his clients to away. Is there truth to that or do you think he's just trashing the Gators on the way out? Does anyone know how they do it?
UF has money and a good NIL. Caspino is FOS. The figures he is stating aren’t even close to accurate. UFs NIL is not in the range of the programs that I mentioned earlier but it is still good. The issue at UF right now is culture and leadership are poor in the UAA. The Gator Collective has money and could use some help in “negotiating” etc but not sure what Caspino is talking about.

UFs NIL is much better spot than FSUs at the moment. UF NIL just isn’t in that high Tier 1 right now. UF also just hasn’t figured out a way to use it yet. Right now they are giving it to players already on the roster like AR, Dexter, Marshall, etc.
Yes UF was leading for Rashada but also after only recruiting him for a few months. It is a minor miracle we even basically became the leader at some point. Right now UFs staff is doing a phenomenal job with getting high ranked prospects to campus. Probably the best since the Meyer years but right now aren’t closing on them. FSUs staff can’t recruit and doesn’t have much in the NIL game so they are in a deep struggle. Miami getting Cristobal wasn’t good for FSU either.
Paco

You know my position after all these years. Your 1st paragraph is what is disappointing. This entire operation appears unprepared for the realities of NIL. They had almost 2 years to get ready and they have pooped the bed.

SS and Foley will turn UF football into what UF BB has become.... fans will become apathetic when we continue to consistently fall behind UGA rarely compete for the SEC and have another coaching turnover.
As a fanbase UF fans brag about the LOGO, our we arent poor. The image of UF prowess in CFB just got shoved in a locker by a school with an avg home attendance of 10k, shitty football facilities and no conference championships in 20 years....

And now we have to rely on a coach who has yet to prove he can beat Utah in The Swamp.

Many folks hoped that with the coming 3-5 loss season . . . This staff would be able to recruit its way out of the hole UF is in(with the help of NIL). WELP... here we are. Part 2 isnt happening and part 1 is coming.... where does that leave UF fans? With a whole lot of hope thats it.

Jaden Rashada turned down millions, will still have highest known NIL deal for recruits​

Jaden Rashada’s Miami NIL deal worth $9.5 million

Multiple sources told On3 Rashada agreed to a NIL deal with Miami mega-booster John Ruiz for $9.5 million.

The same sources said Rashada turned down an offer from Florida’s Gator Collective for $11 million.

Jaden Rashada has openly talked about his fondness for the Miami coaches and the chance to make a big impact in Coral Gables.

“I love the opportunity there,” Rashada said recently. “Along with the relationship that I have with the staff. I believe they will run their conference these next few years.”

Both offers blow out of the water the Caspino-brokered $8 million deal for a five-star recruit thought to be Tennessee quarterback commitment Nico Iamaleava.

It’s believed to be the highest-known NIL deal for a high school recruit to date. It also further reinforces that NIL has created a multi-million market for blue-chip quarterbacks. Rashada has an On3 NIL Valuation of $492,000 and ranks 60th in the On3 NIL 100.

Caspino went on to say he is hoping for Billy Napier to better
organize Florida’s recruiting efforts because he wants to see him succeed in Gainesville.

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/jaden-...ill-have-highest-known-nil-deal-for-recruits/

This is stupid; No HS Player worth that sort of money !

Last edited:

Jaden Rashada turned down millions, will still have highest known NIL deal for recruits​

Multiple sources told On3 Rashada agreed to a NIL deal with Miami mega-booster John Ruiz for $9.5 million.

The same sources said Rashada turned down an offer from Florida’s Gator Collective for $11 million.

Jaden Rashada has openly talked about his fondness for the Miami coaches and the chance to make a big impact in Coral Gables.

“I love the opportunity there,” Rashada said recently. “Along with the relationship that I have with the staff. I believe they will run their conference these next few years.”

Both offers blow out of the water the Caspino-brokered $8 million deal for a five-star recruit thought to be Tennessee quarterback commitment Nico Iamaleava.

It’s believed to be the highest-known NIL deal for a high school recruit to date. It also further reinforces that NIL has created a multi-million market for blue-chip quarterbacks. Rashada has an On3 NIL Valuation of $492,000 and ranks 60th in the On3 NIL 100.

organize Florida’s recruiting efforts because he wants to see him succeed in Gainesville.

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/jaden-...ill-have-highest-known-nil-deal-for-recruits/

You are worth what the market says you are worth.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

This article allegedly is full of a few lies by caspino.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Rashada is smarter than you think. Take the $9.5 million, go to UM , play immediately, walk away in three years when Cristobol is canned.

Not sure what the real number is but Miami offered more and we damn sure didn't offer 11 million. That is just laughable.

You are worth what the market says you are worth.
LG89,

And something is worth whatever someone in a free market with equal knowledge is willing to pay

True !

But frankly I am glad that Rashada isn't going to be a Gator. What would we have had to pay AR15 ?

The only good point I can find is that now, IF AR15 has a breakout season, Gators MAY be able to pay him enough of an NIL windfall to keep him around for his Sr year.

Seemingly, it worked with Colin Castleton.

As far as the football team, play great defense, & get a good game manager at QB ? UGA & Stetson Bennet

Last edited:
Not sure what the real number is but Miami offered more and we damn sure didn't offer 11 million. That is just laughable.
Fever,

Thank God !

Sounds like Caspino is just using Internet rumors to run the market up for his clients & sweeten his Commission.

After hearing all this, I doubt Tennessee paid as much as reported either.

I was worried that everyone in the Athletic Department & the Gator Collective had lost their minds !

Last edited:
Rashada is smarter than you think. Take the $9.5 million, go to UM , play immediately, walk away in three years when Cristobol is canned.
Play immediately? Not if Tyler Van Dyke has anything to say about it. There are two other hot shots in Jacurri Brown and Jake Garcia waiting their turn. It's just a matter of time when Rashada hits the portal.
I do agree with you about Cristobal. I'd give him 5 years.

From what I understand both of those numbers are completely wrong and way higher than they both offered.

Recruiting good athletes matters, the opinions of recruit ranking services,,, not so much.

Former 2-3 stars get drafted, while some 4-5 stars don't even get a free agent offer.

Successful players, with the help from good coaches, make themselves winners. It's not the stars that some twit put behind their names coming out of HS....

So celebrate the players with high character, solid work ethic, and the heart and will to win.
Leave the service rankings of teams and individuals to their Mom's and girlfriend's bragging....

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Play immediately? Not if Tyler Van Dyke has anything to say about it. There are two other hot shots in Jacurri Brown and Jake Garcia waiting their turn. It's just a matter of time when Rashada hits the portal.
I do agree with you about Cristobal. I'd give him 5 years.
Gatordad3

Agree !

No one knows how accurate these internet posts are, but FWIW -

"...Miami Hurricanes quarterback Tyler Van Dyke was named the 16th best 2023 NFL Draft prospect by Tom Fornelli of CBS Sports. Van Dyke is the third-ranked QB prospect for 2023 behind 2021 Heisman Trophy winner Bryce Young of Alabama and C.J. Stroud of Ohio State. Van Dyke is the fourth-ranked ACC prospect."